Book Two: Winning A Heart

By SoaringSpirit

It's been a week since the members of The Copper Eyes Pack left to head back to their home and Amethyst is st... More

Book Two: Winning A Heart
Chapter Two: Found Him
Chapter Three: School's In
Chapter Four: School's Out
Chapter Five: "Father, please"
Chapter Six: Farewell Stephan
Chapter Seven: Temptations
Chapter Eight: Disturbance
Chapter Nine: Rogues
Chapter Ten: "I Love Her"
Chapter Eleven: Confessions
Chapter Twelve: "An Elder?"
Chapter Thirteen: Sensing Emotions
Chapter Fourteen: Tracking
Chapter Fifteen: Parental Advice
Chapter Sixteen: Questions & Answers
Chapter Seventeen: "Lost A Friend"
Chapter Eighteen: One of the Original Eight
Chapter Nineteen: Pledge
Chapter Twenty: The Follower
Chapter Twenty-One: Apologies
Chapter Twenty-Two: Returned
Chapter Twenty-Three: Hanging Out
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tears Of Salt
Chapter Twenty-Five: Options
Chapter Twenty-Six: Solving a Problem
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Just A Relaxing Day

Chapter One: Breakfast Discussions

136 8 0
By SoaringSpirit

My eyes flicker open as warm sunlight falls across my face; the curtains covering my window parted allowing the gentle morning breeze to enter the room. The musical sound of birds chirping lighten my mood instantly all memories of the horrid dream I was living gone.

Pushing up into a sitting position I stretch my arms above my head relishing in the feeling of my joints popping. The smell of bacon, eggs and toast waft in from beneath my door, my stomach making a noise to claim its hunger. 

With a light smile gracing my lips I push the covers back and bound out of bed, my feet hitting the polished wooden floor with a quiet thud. Moving to the mirror on the back of my wardrobe door I stare at my bird’s nest of long black hair dreading the moment when I would have to drag a brush through it. 

My silver eyes stare back at me, a window to the horrors that cloud there depths. But the surface shows light pleasures to be living among my own pack once again. Safely in the embrace of my older brother’s arms again even if he now has his own mate.

Fixing the strap of my tank top back upon my shoulder I drudge to my door and pull it open, just as the door across from me does the same. My friend Tommy smiles at me as he comes out one which I easily return.

Tommy was a prisoner of The Blood Eyes Pack like me, though he was used as entertainment in the form of dog fights. His scares much greater than my own. He's not as scrawny as he was when we first returned home, muscle and fat is once again filling him out making him look healthier and more alive. Dark brown hair which used to be shredded short is now curling around his ears, stray strands flopping into his smokey grey eyes which are like mine hiding secrets of horror.

"How are you this morning?" I ask my voice crackling from lack of use and the need of freshly squeezed orange juice.

"Better. Though the nightmares are starting to frustrate me." Tommy looks down the hall, his eyes closing for a minute as he breathes in the delicious smell of breakfast.

"Yeah, same with me." I reply quietly as I start down the hall, Tommy hot on my heels as we head greedily for breakfast. Heading slowly down the stairs, I grip onto the wooden banister to guide me. 

It's been a week since Tessa and the rest of The Copper Eyes people left, I spend most evenings on the phone with Tessa, Tommy in the room with me as we all share our various stories of the day or just muck about. Nate calls also he says it’s just to check up on me and make sure that I'm settling comfortably, but I believe it's because he misses me. Not that I would ever tell him I think so.

I miss having Tessa around, she was easy to talk to and because we had gone through the same thing together we were able to comfort each other in a way that no one else can. It's what Tommy and I are for each other now and forever until what happened is just a blip in the past.

I also miss Nate, being able to have easy conversations with him. It feels like in a way that he understood what I went through better than anyone else who wasn't there. My feelings toward the male are still growing with each time we talk on the phone, but I know that I'll never be allowed to follow those feelings because I have a mate here in this pack. And it saddens me in a way.

Reaching the bottom step I turn right and walk into the kitchen, stopping in the entry way when I catch sight of my brother and Claude making out by the sink, Noah has his hands resting either side of Claude blocking him in. Tommy stops just beside me; his gaze turns to me as he sees what I'm seeing.

Shrugging my shoulders at him I walk further into the kitchen. "Morning you two." I plaster a grin across my face as the two break apart Claude turning an adorable shade of red. "Sorry for interrupting, but Tommy and I are hungry."

I take a seat at the table, Tommy taking one next to me as he nods his head in agreement. 

"Yes. Breakfast." Noah mutters out as he dishes us a plate each and slides them in front of us. Before taking his own spot next to Claude.

Noah is my older brother, while I was gone he was forced to be the Omega of the pack and by the looks of it people used to help remind him of the title because he has scares that he tries to hide or ignores our questions whenever it's brought up. His light brown hair which usually is well looked after stands up in all directions meaning he didn't both brushing - then again neither did I. Brown-red eyes easily show the pain he was put through during my absence.

"So how are you two this morning?" Claude asks as he picks up his fork preparing to dig into his food.

Claude is my brother’s mate, also one of the Beta's sons. While I was gone he was forced to stay away from Noah, though I don't know the whole story, but I know there is something he has kept from us. But I do t want to push, he'll tell if and when he wants to. His light brown hair which is a shade lighter than my brothers stands up in all directions like he keeps running his hand through it. Hazel eyes filled with warmth and other emotions as he smiles kindly at me.

"Well, I wish to have a night where I don't have to put up with you two." I say as I twirl my fork in the runny egg yoke.

Noah starts chocking on his food as he hears what I just said; Claude looks down at his plate turning bright red.

I laugh as I pick up my glass of orange juice. "I was kidding. I don't hear a thing."

Noah glares at me over the brim of his glass as he takes a drink. "Not cool A." He mutters.

Tommy tries to hide his laugh as he scoops up a fork full of breakfast shoving it into his mouth. Claude scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Sorry Claude. I couldn't help myself." I grin at him as he peers up at me.

He mumbles something under his breath that I don't catch.

"Alright, I'm good this morning. Still mortified by what Tess told me last night about her older brothers." I trail off laughing. "I could just imagine it."

Tommy chuckles beside me as he too remembers the conversation.

Noah just looks at me questionably. "Care to share?"

I think for a second before shrugging. "Why not. Trick and Nate went to a party the night they got back. Had the time of their life apparently. Tessa said when she woke up the next morning those two were stretched out of there porch completely naked." I breathe in. "Trick had his head resting on Nate's groin. Neither was too happy when Tessa woke them with an air horn, than again they freaked when they realised where they were and the fact that they had no clothes." I grin as I finish the tail.

Claude chokes back a laugh.

"And we let them stay with us." Noah shakes his head a grin across his face.

Tommy laughs out loudly. "Nate was in the same room as Tess as she told us, we could hear him protesting."

We all laugh as we continue breakfast enjoying the light atmosphere. 

Once we all calm down Claude turns to Tommy. "How are you this morning?" 

Tommy shrugs his shoulders. "The dreams are pissing me off but other than that I'm good."

Claude nods his head not having anything to say to that, Noah just continues to eat his breakfast. I eat my last piece of bacon and polish of my orange juice before pushing up out of my seat. 

"Well I'm done. I'm gonna go get dressed and head out for a while." I leave my dishes near the sink.

Then I head back up the stairs and into my room. Standing back in front of my mirror I once again stare at my hair wondering just how I'm actually going to be able to my brush through it. Picking some clothes out of my drawers, I grab my hair brush and leave my room and go into the bathroom.

Stripping I double check that the door is locked before I turn the water on and get in, allowing the chilled stream to wash away the last ruminants of the dream. Washing my hair I try to get some knots out but give up and finish cleaning myself. Cutting the water off I wrap a towel around myself and yank my brush through my hair until all knots are gone.

Then I dry myself and get dressed, brushing my teeth using my brothers tooth brush by accident I walk out of the bathroom and back down stairs to the door. Stopping in front of the door I just stand and stare at it, knowing that once I do what I plan to do there is no way to go back.

Taking a deep breath I grip the knob in my hand and slowly turn it.

Alright, I’m ready. I think to my wolf as I slowly pull the door open.

Finally. She responds eagerly.

                                                    *  *  *  *  *

. . . . . . . .

I don't know what to say . . . . .

OMG!! Are you as excited as I am to finally be reading this???

Hahaha

Well that was the first chapter for Book Two, I hope it was to your liking :)

Seeya next week with the next chapter

SoaringSpirit

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...