Alpha Roman

By shizzle122

Alpha Roman of the Night Howlers Pack is a mysterious alpha. No one know much about him except that he's ruth... More

Chapter Two: New Beginnings
Chapter Three: Familiar Faces

Chapter One: Tragedy

255 11 2
By shizzle122

^Picture above is Aria

*Aria*

I plunged my feet into the flowing tide, slowly walking towards the gentle ocean. I continued on until everything but my head was emerged into the water.

The sun was beginning to rise over the trees, warming my face. I closed my eyes, basking in the warmth of it. I felt my body calm, releasing myself to the sway of the ocean.

I let a tear fall down my flushed cheeks. A tear for my brother and father- who died a week ago fighting in that God-awful war. I let my chest fill with the burning feeling of loss, letting it overwhelm me in every way.

*flashback*

"Do you have to go?" I sobbed, clutching myself onto my father's now tear-stained shirt, wanting to savor every moment I had left with him.

"You know I have to, princess," he replied, lifting my chin up so I could see his face. He had a small smile on his face, attempting to assure me. "I'll come back to you, I promise."

"Reeses Peanut butter cup promise?" I smiled holding up my pinky.

He chuckled and intertwined his finger with mine, "Reeses Peanut butter cup promise."

His smile faltered, letting his guard down. I immediately knew that he himself was unsure. He sighed, hugging me for the last time and kissed my temple. "I love you, princess. Be strong for your brother and me."

He released me, taking a step back. I held back my tears, regaining my composure, "I love you too daddy, and I will."

*end*

And with that, he was gone. If I had only known what the outcome would be I would've got down on my knees and begged him not to leave.

But of course, no one knew. No one could fathom how bloody the war with the Blood Moon pack was going to be. We lost a third of our members, mostly men, leaving the women in our pack mateless and heartbroken; leaving the children without their fathers. Including me.

My pack, the Red River pack, had suffered a terrible loss and because of that, we're vulnerable. Who knows what ruthless alpha had caught wind of the news, hungry for more land and power.

Our own Alpha, Alpha Jason was getting older and weaker by the day. His mate died during childbirth along with their stillborn son, leaving us without a Luna or an heir.

And me? I had no one. My father and brother, Seth, being the only family members I had left. Until now. I was alone in a dying pack, waiting for death to catch up to me.

I had no real friends now that my brother was gone. My only other friend, Ariana left our pack a few years ago to be with her mate in the Shadow Mountain pack. While I had yet to find my mate.

It hadn't hit me how long I laid there floating until I opened my eyes to see that the sun was now in clear view above the trees. I took that as my cue to leave, swimming back to shore, where the real world would be waiting for me.

I was greeted by another presence waiting for me on the shore. An elder woman with long white hair and a kind smile stood holding a stack of extra clothes for me, Ella, the Alpha's sister.

I gave her a small genuine smile. After the death of the Luna, she tried her best to take care of everyone in the pack, as the Luna would have done. I was grateful for her and her kindness in the midst of all this tragedy. "Thank you, Ella, I really appreciate it."

"It's not a problem, Aria. I know how much you love your morning swim these days," She breathed looking out into the ocean. "I see why you love it so much, It's so peaceful." She looked back at me, "Breakfast is going to be ready in ten minutes, so be ready by then. Oh, and the Alpha said he had an important announcement for the pack."

I nodded, "I won't be late. Thank you again."

I scurried off into the woods, with the garments in hand. I stripped myself of my wet ones and put the new set on behind a large redwood tree.

I wonder what the Alpha Jason's announcement was. If he was calling the entire pack it must be really important.

* * * * * * *

It took me a minute to reach the pack house which was crowded with the remaining werewolves who survived the war.

It used to be much fuller...

I could feel the grim atmosphere around me. Everyone was distraught over the loss of their loved ones. It wasn't the bustling pack I once knew, we were broken.

Grabbing a plate, I filled it with a few pieces of bacon and a small stack of pancakes. I sat down in the furthest corner, away from everyone. I just wanted to be by myself right now. I'm sure the pack would understand that, considering the circumstances.

Looking around me I saw the familiar faces of the people I grew up with:

Beta Andrew, who survived the war and his mate Jenna. They lost their son in the hands of the Blood Moon pack.

Elder Richard and Rayna. The two oldest members of the pack, also looked weary. They thought the individuals who died would have at least outlived them

And lastly, Alpha Jason, who now stood in the front, Demanding our attention.

"As you all know, our beloved pack has won a gruesome war with he Blood Moon Pack. However, we have suffered so much loss because of it. We lost some of our most valued members. Embry Grant, Alesso Rodriguez, John Grey, and Joseph Rivers are just some of the few who have fought valiantly in honour of our pack."

My heart fell at the name of my father, Joseph Rivers. I held back a tear, trying to be strong like he said.

The Alpha continued, "Our pack has been known to be the most honorable and respectable pack in the world. But a Pack is not a Pack without it's people. Our pack is not as strong as it once was. We are the just remnants of our fallen tribe. Therefore, I must resign as Alpha."

A chorus of gasps were scattered across the room, including mine. The whole pack was now in a frenzy of whispering and outrage. "What!" "Who will be our leader?" "How are we going to survive?" "This is outrageous!"

"Silence!" The authoritative voice of the alpha rang out.

No one said a word.

He sighed, "I'm not finished. One of our oldest Allies, the Night Howler Pack has agreed to take us in. That is, if you want to join their pack. However, you are free to transfer to a pack of a family member if you please."

A dead silence filled the room. The Night Howler pack, was home to one of the most mysterious Alphas in the world: Alpha Roman. No one really knew anything about him except the fact that he's over two-hundred years old and was known to be a ruthless leader. The name alone caused a shiver down my spine. Alpha Roman, I wondered what he was really like...

"All I have to say now is, have a safe trip, whichever path you decide to take. Those who decide to leave with me to the Night Howler's territory, we leave tomorrow at dawn" Alpha Jason concluded stepping down from the platform.

This caused many members to scurry out the door, hurrying to pack their belongings. I stayed in my seat. What am I going to do? I had no other family. But the Night Howler Pack? Do I really want to sentence myself to be ruled over by a ruthless leader?

I felt a shadow cast over me, luring me out of my thoughts. It was the Alpha himself. "Alpha Jason," I gasped bowing my head in respect.

He laughed, "There is no need to bow to me anymore Aria. I'm not your Alpha anymore. Just call me Jason," He sat next to me on the bench.

I lift my head up, "Sorry. I forgot," I muttered. We sat for a few moments in silence.

"Condolences are in order for your father and brother. They were great men..." He said, not looking at me. I nodded, not saying a word.

"I know how hard it must be. Not having anyone left, I mean. After my mate died, I didn't know what to do, I felt like I didn't have anyone. I felt stuck," he sighed. Why was he telling me this all of a sudden? He looked at me, "what I'm trying to say is, that if you ever feel like you don't have anyone left. Just remember that Ella and I are always here if you need anything." He patted my back, reassuringly.

I smiled, "Thanks Alpha- I mean Jason. I'll keep that in mind."

He sent me one last smile and headed out.

I sighed. I guess there's only one choice for me to make. Will I regret me decision? Maybe. But what else am I supposed to do? I have nothing left. It's settled then. I will go to the Night Howler Pack.

YAY! I finished the very first chapter of this book. Hey guys! C'est Moi, the author of this book. I have a very interesting plot line to this book which I know you werewolf lovers and going to LOVE.

Werewolf stories are by far my favorite stories in Wattpad. However, the plot can get a little repetitive if you ask me. So I'm trying to stray from the norm on this one.

If you guys have any suggestions at all please do not hesitate to comment. Also, please subscribe to get updates on when I upload these new chapters. Voting is really appreciated as well because it lets me know that you guys are enjoying the story as much as I enjoy writing it!

Ps: Also, I'm thinking of adding a strong female character in this story as well. What do you guys think? And what should I name her?

Another thing! I am looking for a really cool cover for this book. If you have one and would like to submit it please message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible!

Thank you all for reading❤️❤️❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 125K 62
Once there was a girl, daughter of an Alpha, who happened to face consequences of the things she had no control over. How? By being ostracized from...
76K 2.3K 22
In which the Mikaelson's, the scooby gang, the pack and past and future Hale's are brought to watch the life of Charlotte Stilinski Or in which trut...
30.8K 887 44
❛ 𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 ❜ ⎯ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 the broke...
49.1K 2.3K 17
*18+ Sexual/Violence Content Warning - Read At Own Discretion* A vicious smile touches his lips as he seems to read my intentions. "I knew it w...