Private Lover 2: Meant To Be...

By PennameJewel

(COMPLETE) SAMPLE ONLY AVAILABLE NOW on AMAZON Synopsis... There would be no mercy, blood would be spilled b... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Closing In
Chapter 2: Dove

Chapter 3: Battle lines

7.3K 295 29
By PennameJewel

Stavros saw her the second he walked into the bar. Her midnight black hair flowed down to her shoulders with shiny streaks of silver. She had on a black floor-length gown with gold harness streaks on the bodice that went down the entire length of the gown. She looked like an ancient Greek goddess to him. Her Greek and Italian heritage were prominent in her confident stature and demeanor. Stavros found it shocking how she looked just like the day she left.

She noticed him, too, the minute he walked in. Her eyes stayed glued on him as a smile crept onto her face. Her son was now a man. Stavros suppressed all the emotions that made him want to run into her arms like a little boy. She had known from the day he was born that Stavros was destined to be a leader, never a follower. One of the reasons she had given him a name of Greek descent.

Tracking her down hadn't been hard at all for Stavros. When a new player rolled into your territory, especially one that could be a possible threat, it was your business to know. Vincent had taught him that from a young age. It was, however, very clear she had wanted to be found. It had just taken his guys a couple of hours to get in contact with her and arrange a meeting as per his instructions. Stavros needed to show her that she wasn't a threat to them and find out what it was she wanted from them exactly.

Annabel's was an exclusive member's only club. That is where she had insisted they should meet. The gleaming oak floors and high brow literature nestled on the shelves added to the club's sophisticated touch. A pianist played a serene, sublime Debussy rendition that filled the classy, upscale club. Stavros remembered how his mother had always loved the high life. This was definitely her kind of scene. Stavros mentally scolded himself as his mind wandered to the day she had left him, left their family. He had begged her not to leave. What seven-year-old boy wouldn't? She had said she would come back for him, but she never did and he'd never heard from her either. Aside from some letters, which he stopped returning in his teenage years, and they, too, eventually stopped coming in his twenties.

"A whiskey, neat, please," Stavros said to a waitress as she walked past him. He sat down on the nearest leather couch, crossed his legs, and watched her come toward him slowly from the bar area.

"Thank you," he said, getting his whiskey from the waitress.

She sat across from him and smiled. "Il mio piccolino (My little boy). Not so little anymore, Stavros. A man now," Colombina said, looking at her son fondly. The years apart from him were the worst of her life. She knew she was to blame for that, but Vincent took the bigger chunk of that blame and she was going to make him pay.

"Colombina... let's get straight to the point. What do you want? We got your package," Stavros said, calling her by name, refusing to acknowledge her as his mother.

"Il mio piccolino (My little boy), I see Vincent has taught you well... Cut all attachments, but then again, I do deserve it. Mio figlio (My son), humor your old mother. Tell me about yourself. I can see a wedding band. You're married, si?" Colombina asked, trying again to get her son to talk to her. She saw the anger in his eyes and knew that wasn't happening. Not today anyway. She would keep trying, though. One day, Stavros would forgive her.

"Let's get something straight, you are nothing to me. You don't get to call me your son. I have no mother. She died when I was seven years old. Now, what do you want? Why are you here?" Stavros said through gritted teeth. He was holding on so tight to his whiskey glass it felt like it would burst under the pressure as his knuckles turned white.

"Come vuoi (As you wish), Stavros. Give this message to Vincent. Tell him I'm coming for him. Tell him I said to get ready because I'm about to rain on him so hard, he will regret the day he ever met me." Colombina spoke with such ferocity. Even Stavros felt it, but he didn't flinch. He would never show any emotion to this woman.

"You know it's very easy to give out threats and you should be careful because when you threaten Vincent, you threaten me... and I don't take threats lightly," Stavros said, looking Colombina in the eyes while he signaled for the check. As far as he was concerned, this meet and greet was done.

The waitress obliged and brought it to him. He placed a hundred-dollar bill on her tray and told her to keep the change. Colombina knew her actions twenty-three years ago had deeply hurt her son, and despite the cold calmness he displayed now, all she could see was her little boy and all she wanted was the love of that boy again.

"Join me, figlio. We can bring down Vincent together. You don't have to be like him, Stavros," she said, looking at her son.

"Too late for that, Colombina. I will give your regards to Esmario," Stavros said, getting up and winking at Colombina, enjoying the look of shock on her face as he walked away, chuckling.

****

"Mr. Caponie, I tried to stop her," his assistant said, running behind Veronica.

"It's OK, Perky. I'll handle this," Stavros said to his assistant.

Veronica looked at Perky with a smug look on her face. "You should fire her. She clearly doesn't know what we are to each other, Stavros," Veronica said, smiling at Stavros.

"What do you want, Veronica? I thought I told you I never wanted to see you again," Stavros said, looking up at her.

"Ma, il mio amore (But, my love), I knew you didn't mean it. You know, you look a little tense, papà. I'm sure I can help," Veronica purred. Walking towards Stavros, she removed the black coat she had, revealing a very short red dress that hugged her tight and had a dipping neckline.

"Veronica, you're disgracing yourself. Put your clothes back on and leave," Stavros said, not slightly turned on by her. Veronica looked wounded by Stavros's lack of interest in her. She buttoned up her coat and sat on his desk.

"Your loss anyway. How's your little puttana (whore) that you call your wife?" Veronica said, trying to hurt Stavros for rejecting her. Stavros got up, quickly pushing his chair backwards with so much force, it almost fell onto the floor.

"Don't you ever disrespect my wife. Do you understand me?" Stavros said, his hands now around Veronica's neck. She tried to pry his hands off. Veronica started nodding her head as a lone tear tracked down her cheek. Stavros knew that if he was honest, it was the meeting he had with Colombina that had him worked up. Veronica had just added dry wood to an already blazing fire.

"Now get out and never come back here!" Stavros roared, letting go of her neck.

Veronica stumbled onto her feet, trying to catch her breath.

"I have information on Colombina... your mother," she gasped while rubbing her neck.

"I won't tell you again. I said get out, now!" Stavros bellowed. He wanted nothing to do with Veronica. She was poison. Any information she had, came at a price. He knew that and he wasn't willing to lie in bed with a snake to bring down the lion.

Veronica straightened up and turned around, heading for the door. Stavros had once again rejected her, even though she was offering him a no strings attached love. All she wanted was to belong, even if it was just a physical attachment. The emotional instability in Veronica welled up inside her like consuming fires surged by Stavros's refusal to love her just like her father. They would both know how much they had hurt her when she was done with them. She knew exactly what she needed to do.

"You will regret this, Stavros Caponie... You both will regret this," Veronica said menacingly. Turning back as she reached the door, she yanked it open, straightening her back and squaring her shoulders. She was determined.

******

"Oh my goodness, Rossi... you did not get a puppy," Kayla said as she walked into the living room area. She had had to put in a few extra hours at work today. She watched Stavros lying on the soft carpeted floor with Nerio playing with the tiny white Maltese puppy.

"It's good for the boy, seeing as I still need to do a bit more convincing to get my wife to give my son a playmate," Stavros said, turning over and laying on his back with a huge grin on his face. He watched as Kayla walked over to them.

"Oh really, is that so?" Kayla asked, returning his grin as she settled on the floor next to her boys, scooping Nerio into her arms.

"Mommy missed you, baby boy," Kayla cooed, placing kisses on Nerio's rounded cheeks.

The little puppy started barking, scratching and jumping at Kayla's hands, wanting some of the attention and affection she was showering Nerio with.

"No, cucciolo (puppy), you're in the doghouse just like me whenever Nerio is around. No love for both of us," Stavros said, lazily pulling the white Maltese to his side as he chuckled. His snide comment earned him a swat on the shoulder from Kayla.

"Keep talking like that and the two of you might just go to bed hungry," Kayla retorted with a mischievous grin on her face, making them both chuckle.

The doorbell went off as someone kept pressing it repeatedly.

"Are you expecting anyone, babe?" Kayla asked Stavros, who was already heading for the door.

"No. I will get it," Stavros called out as he briskly strode to the front door. He knew it was probably his father. He was the only one who could get to his front door without his security calling the house first. Stavros's prediction was confirmed as he opened the door and his father barreled in, followed by Alfio and Esmario.

"What I want to know is how the fuck did she get this!" Vincent said, shouting, not bothering with any greetings.

"Vincent, mantenere la calma (stay calm)," Esmario said.

"What's going on... fratello (brother)... Alfio?" Stavros asked, turning to Esmario and Alfio for answers, knowing that when his father got this way, it would be hard to get anything out of him.

Kayla stood with Nerio now in her arms, watching, not really sure what to do.

"There's a video of that night with Mariano. Someone sent it to Vincent via email. It's encrypted. Fratello, it's bad," Esmario said to Stavros, his voice coming out a little shaky. He had thought the events of that night were over. He had even started reconciling his emotions to the choices he made that day.

Stavros went over to Kayla and spoke softly to her.

"Bella, please take Nerio and go upstairs. We will talk later... I promise."

Kayla nodded, taking Nerio and leaving the room.

"Vincent, this proves what I've been telling you: there is a rat in the business. Someone is not a friend. First, it was the shipments. Now, it's in your home," Alfio said.

"Do you think I don't see that, Alfio? Stavros, I'm sending my lawyers tomorrow. I'm taking back my power of attorney. It's clear if I don't get back into the business, this empire will fall," Vincent said, anger coursing through his blood.

Stavros balled up his hands into fists. He knew exactly what his father was saying. He had failed. Vincent was blaming him for all this. Stavros clenched his jaw and fought hard, suppressing all his anger.

"As you wish, padre," Stavros said calmly, surprising even himself.

"I know it's her. She's behind this. Colombina has gone too far. We need to stop her, no matter the cost," Vincent said to no one in particular as he gazed into the distance.

Stavros knew exactly what the cost would be. He needed to find Veronica.

*****************************************************************    

************************* END OF SAMPLE*************************

AUTHORS NOTE

THIS IS THE END OF THE SAMPLE PREVIEW.

🎇AHP's RELEASE ALERT🎇

 PRIVATE LOVER 2; Meant to Be available now on Amazon 

click the link below

http://buff.ly/2pLC3Sa

THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT AND LOVE WATTPAD FAMILY

LOVE YOU ALL

ZINZI (PENNAMEJEWEL)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 182K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
7.4K 513 6
Diary of your average black girl.
1.5M 90.3K 38
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
143 65 23
Jane a young girl from a rich family falls in love with her childhood friend Chris who is also from a different world. Jane's mom Scarlet disapproves...