The Stranger I Bumped Into

By gold-plated

[COMPLETED] ~ one day you'll meet someone who doesn't care about your past because they want to be with you i... More

✦ chapter 1 ✦
✦ chapter 2 ✦
✦ chapter 3 ✦
✦ chapter 4 ✦
✦ chapter 6 ✦
✦ chapter 7 ✦
✦ chapter 8 ✦
✦ chapter 9 ✦
✦ chapter 10 ✦
✦ chapter 11 ✦
✦ chapter 12 ✦
✦ chapter 13 ✦
✦ chapter 14 ✦
✦ chapter 15 ✦
✦ chapter 16 ✦
✦ chapter 17 ✦
✦ chapter 18 ✦
✦ chapter 19 ✦
✦ chapter 20 ✦
✦ chapter 21 ✦
✦ chapter 22 ✦
✦ chapter 23 ✦
✦ chapter 24 ✦
✦ chapter 25 ✦
✦ chapter 26 ✦
✦ chapter 27 ✦
✦ chapter 28 ✦
✦ chapter 29 ✦
✦ chapter 30 ✦
✦ epilogue ✦
Authors Note

✦ chapter 5 ✦

14.1K 604 100
By gold-plated

Noah's POV

I walk downstairs in search of some food. I had just woken up and it was 9:30. I shake my head as I remember my failed attempt to prank Lauren.

I can't believe she didn't fall for it.

I find my mum on the dining table with a bunch of papers. She looked really stressed with her hair in a bun that was coming loose and a frown on her face. I walk closer without making any sound and read the papers off her shoulders.

It was all the bills.

Sh*t. I need to get a job. I'll look for one today.

I walk into the kitchen and grab some leftover pizza from the fridge. I warm it up just as mum comes in.

"Hey mum. Do you have work today?" I ask. I wasn't going to mention the bills or tell her that I was going to get a job.

"No, I don't actually. Want to do something? Your grandparents went to one of their old friends house for a visit." She says making herself some coffee.

I look down. "Sorry mum. I'm busy today. Maybe some other time." I felt bad as I say it but I had to get a job ASAP. My mums face instantly falls and I feel like a d*ck. She nods and gives me a sad smile. "Some other time then."

Mum barely ever has a day off and I loved hanging around with my mum. Today though, I can't. I eat my pizza and say goodbye to my mum.

Let the hunt begin.

-----

I've been looking for a job for hours. No one would give me a job, especially with my lack of experience. I've even tried McDonalds. McDonalds for Christ's sake! They didn't give me a job because they had enough staff. I walk on a pathway, going into different shops until I spot a diner. Duncan's Diner to be exact.

Worth a shot.

I walk in with the bell ringing above me. I look around the diner. It was quite busy. I walk over to the counter, ignoring the shouts of protests from the people waiting in line. The girl working at the cash register looked up at me with an irritated look, but it quickly turns into a smile when she sees me. I smirk. She looked to be about my age, maybe younger. Her name tag read Tanya.

I smile. "Hey, Tanya. I was wondering if I could get a job here."

"I-uh, I'll see- I'll see what I can do." She says and walks into the back room. I turn to face the angry line of customers.

"I'm sorry guys. She'll be back." I say and smile. The girls swoon and the guys glare but the line silences.

"So what's this about a job?"

I turn around and find a big man. And by big man, I meant a big man with a big but. He was bald and looked around 40. I smile at him. "I was wondering if you had a job open for me." He nods and leads me into the back room. I wink at Tanya on the way and she blushes. I walk in to find a table and a couple of chairs. The man takes a seat on the chair behind the table and he motions for me to sit down.

"I'm Duncan. The owner of this Diner." He introduces himself.

"I'm Noah. Noah Parks." I extend my arm and he shakes it.

"About the job. I have a spot open for a waiter. Are you interested?" Duncan asks.

Waiter? It'll have to do.

I nod my head. "That should be okay." Duncan smiles. "Well then you've got the job. You start tomorrow."

My eyebrows rise. "Really? You don't want to know anything else about me?"

Duncan considers this for a moment. "Do you do drugs?" I shake my head. "Have you been to jail?" Another shake. Duncan shrugs. "Then you should be fine."

My face breaks out into a grin and relief floods through me. No more job hunting. "Thank you."

I walk out of the diner after Duncan told me what time to come and he had given me a polo shirt with the diners logo, which was simply the words 'Duncan's Diner'. I hop into my car which was parked in a nearby parking lot. I put the key in the ignition when I remember something.

Lauren works at the diner.

How could I forget? Will she be working there tomorrow? I shake my head. I have got to stop thinking about her.

I start the car and drive away.

Lauren's POV

I was in my room, watching Pretty Little Liars on my laptop.

Honestly Aria! What are you doing?

There was a knock on my door and my mum comes in. "You've been on that thing for hours. It's 5:30 now, Lauren. I called Sofie and her, Mark and Toby are coming over. We are going to have a family game night."

I raise my eyebrows, sceptically. "Since when did we do family game nights?" We have never had a family game night.

Mum rolls her eyes. "Since now. Hurry up and come downstairs." With that she leaves. I turn off my laptop and head into the living room. Mum was getting a bag of Doritos while Dad was getting a bunch of games out. I walk over to dad. "Need some help?"

"Help me set up the Monopoly." He says and opens up the box. We set all the money up and mum comes into the living room with the Doritos. The bell rings and they both look at me.

I roll my eyes. "Fine fine. I'll go open it." I get up with great struggle and open the door. It was Sofie, Mark and Toby. I smile at Toby.

"Oh look at you. Such a cutie." I take Toby out of Mark's hands and coo at him. He giggles and my heart melts.

"Aren't you going to let us in?" Mark says impatiently. I give him an irritated look but move out of their way. I close the door, still holding Toby. He starts pulling my hair and I gently pull the strands out of his hand.

Damn. For a little baby, he has a strong grip.

When I finally manage to detangle my hair, I make my way towards the living room.

"I thought you had kidnapped my child and ran away." Sofie says as soon as she sees me. I give her a blank look and make my way towards them. They were sitting in a circle around the Monopoly board. I sit cross legged and put Toby in my lap.

-----

After an hour of Monopoly, we decide to change the game. Toby had fallen asleep and we had put him on the couch with many pillows surrounding him so he doesn't fall. We were now playing a game called 'Mine Is'. It's where there is a bunch of cards that stated something of someone's. E.g. Their face, car, etc. Then everyone had to say what theirs is and there would be one person who would have to guess what's on the card.

(A/N: sorry for the description. I hope you got the concept of the game. I'm not even sure if this is an actual game.)

It was Mark's turn to guess what was on the card.

"Mine is brown." Sofie says.

"Mine is brown." Mum says.

"Mine is brown." Dad says.

They hand me the card. It said 'HAIR'. "Mine is brown." I put the card in the 'done' pile and we all look at Mark, waiting for him to guess. "Is it hair?" He asks. We all nod.

We all have brown hair. Well all except Mark. He had blond hair.

-----

We played the game for half an hour and then they go home. Mark was holding Toby while I was hugging Sofie. "What are you doing tomorrow?" She asks me.

"I have to work at the diner tomorrow morning. Why?" I say as she steps back.

"Is there any chance you can look after Toby for a couple of hours? Mark and I want to go on a date." She says.

I nod my head. "Sure, I can do that."

"Thanks." She walks away and gives a small wave before getting into the car. I close the door and head back to the living room and help clean up. Once we are done, I say my goodnight and head to bed. I put my alarm on for tomorrow morning and fall asleep quickly.

~*~*~*~*~

Hey beautiful people!
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know it was on the boring side but it was needed. I'm sorry if Noah's POV is really bad. I wasn't sure how to write it. After all, I am not a guy. Sorry for any mistakes and thanks for reading.
Have a great day/night wherever you are. ♡

- a_lama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 85 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...
1.1K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
3.6M 89.7K 54
"I don't like him." I murmur against his lips. "It's only ever been you, Noah." He continues to kiss me, his hand now caressing my cheek gently. "H...
1.3M 23.6K 73
------------------------------------------------------------ I jumped a little at the feel of his cold rings, "How do you think Nathan would feel," h...