Rejected me. BIG mistake

By sarah_dynesnz

I know what your thinking. This is just another one of those rejected my mate, runs away, comes back and she'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 24

11.9K 385 19
By sarah_dynesnz

Carlene's P.O.V

(A/N Carlene is the mate of Kara's father's beta)

"So he's going to stay with us until after the coronation." Kara finishes explaining who Travis is and why he's here.

"Well Travis, it's nice to see you again. Can't say I recognised you." Oliver says, stepping forward and shaking Travis' hand.

"No, it's been a while. I look quite different." He says, sending Oliver a small smile.

"Welcome to our pack." I say, stepping forward and shaking Travis' hand as soon as he lets go of my mate's.

"Thank you." He says kindly.

I give him a friendly smile.

"Travis these are my friends. This is Connor, Elliot, Claudia and Ryder." Kara says, pointing to each in turn.

"Nice to meet you." Travis says.

"You too." They all say except for Ryder who is eyeing Travis suspiciously.

"Well Travis you already know your way around so how about we go and have that movie day we were talking about." Kara suggests. They all nod in agreement including Travis.

With that they all head off to have their movie day while Oliver and I stay where we are.

"Didn't think we'd see any of the Robertson's again. Especially not after ten years and their sudden disappearance." Oliver says

"No neither did I. Why did they leave again?" I ask him and we wander towards the kitchen.

"I'm not sure. Tyler didn't tell me." He says, frowning a little.

We reach the kitchen and sit down at the dining room table.

"No Karren didn't tell me either. In fact when they disappeared, I don't think Karren ever talked about them again." I say, thinking about it.

"That's strange. Tyler was just the same. What could have happened?" He asks.

"Only one way to find out. We could look into it." I suggest.

"Is that really the best idea? Kara is happy. Shouldn't we just leave it?" He asks apprehensively.

"We need to make sure Kara's safe. We don't have to tell her unless we find something bad." I tell him.

"Okay let's do it. You go look through the files in the alpha's office. I'll go ask around. Probably talk to the elders." Oliver says, nodding his head.

I agree and we head our separate ways. I go up to the office and start looking through one of the many filing cabinets to the side of the desk.

I find the draw labelled pack transfers and look for any mention of the Robertson family. Nothing.

I then look through the file of old pack members and still come up with nothing. My last attempt at finding something is in the Alpha's of other packs.

That's when I find a small mention of them saying they're related to the old Alpha of the Hunter's Night pack. Travis has since become the Alpha of the pack since he was the closes blood relation that could take over since Travis' uncle didn't have any children.

Still nothing about why they left this pack.

I sigh and give up since there's obviously no record of why they left.

I head back to the room I share with my mate and wait for him to come back. I read to pass the time but my mind keeps going back to why people so close to the Alpha and Luna would just up and disappear.

Oliver comes back around two hours later.

"Did you find anything?" He asks me.

I shake my head. "Aside from finding out that him becoming an Alpha is true, there was no record at all of them leaving the pack. How about you? Any luck on your end?" I ask him.

"Well I asked around and talked to a few of the elders and other people who would have been around at the time. Everyone said that Tyler and Carlene didn't tell them anything. One of the elders said he didn't know what happened but he knew it was something bad." He says frowning.

"We need to find out what it is then. If it's bad we need to know and Kara needs to know. So how do we find out?" I ask him.

He shrugs.

"Well bother Tyler and Carlene knew about it but didn't trust it to anyone else. Surely one of them would have told someone or written it down somewhere." I say, thinking about it.

"That's it!" Oliver exclaims.

"What?" I ask, very confused.

"The diary. Tyler kept a diary. He wrote everything in that thing." He says.

"He had a diary? Oh wait was that the leather notebook that he seemed to always have on him?" I ask.

"Yes. He'd always be writing in it but I never read it. Surely he would have written what happened in there."

"That would make sense. But where did he keep it?" I ask him.

Oliver pauses and thinks. "I'm not sure but I guess the best place to start is in his office."

"Let's go then." I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him out the door.

We head to the office and close the door behind us.

"You take that side of the room. I'll search on this side." I say. We split up and search the office from top to bottom.

I skim through draws and filing cabinets. Check every book on the book shelf and look in any boxes lying around.

"Any luck?" Oliver asks after about an hour of searching.

"Nothing. You?" I ask him, turning around to look at him.

"Nada. Where could it be if it's not here." He says.

"Maybe Kara will know." I suggest.

"I thought we weren't going to tell her we're looking into Travis' family." Oliver asks, furrowing his eyebrows.

"We won't tell her that's what we're looking into. We'll tell her we're looking for some old files and need to see the diary." I say. Oliver nods in agreement and we head downstairs to find her.

Kara and the others are all in the TV room. Some of them are sprawled out on the floor on pillows and blankets and others on the couches surrounded by blankets. The small coffee table is piled high with snacks.

I quietly tap Kara on the shoulder and ask to talk to her outside.

"What's up?" She asks as I close the door behind us.

"We're trying to find some old files but they seem to be missing. I remembered your father has a diary and I was hoping you know where it is. He would have written the information we need in there." Oliver tells her.

"Oh his old leather bound journal. The one he pretty much had attached to his hip?" She asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes that one. Do you know where he kept it when it wasn't on him?" I ask her.

"Yea of course. It's in our cabin in the woods. He kept it in the locked draw of his desk. I have the key if you want to get to it." She says.

"That would be great." Oliver says, smiling at her.

"Sure. It's in my room. Give me a sec." She says then takes off up the stairs.

She comes back down and hands me a small brass key on a chain.

"Dad wore it around his neck. I hope you find what you need." She says.

"Thank you. Sorry to interrupt your movie night." I tell her, sending her a smile.

"No problem." She says, smiling back. She then turns on her heel and heads back into the TV room.

We head outside and take the car to the cabin. It's an hours drive away.

The cabin or (more like house), is made of wood.

We head inside the house and head straight to what was Tyler's office. I walk straight over to the desk and find the locked draw. I slide the key in the lock and turn it, listening to the lock click. I pull open the draw and Oliver grabs the worn leather journal from inside.

He opens it and find the page we're looking for. His eyes flit across the page and slowly widen.

"I know why they left the pack and why we were never told anything." He states.

++++++++++++++++++

Hey guys. Super fast update for you. Hope you like it. What did you think? Why did Travis' family get kicked out? Tell me what you think of the chapter and why you think Travis' family had to move in the comments. I'd love to hear what you guys think. Like and comment. Thanks x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 11K 28
From nerdy to bad-ass. Ariella Stone is heading back to her pack after three years. She lost weight and recieved medication for her pimples. She has...
55.5K 1.8K 27
Rosalie isn't your ordinary werewolf. She is part of a unique breed. This breed is just like werewolfs, except instead of being part wolf there part...
3.4M 87.8K 50
[WARNING:Needs Major Editing & has harsh materials that some readers may find disturbing, so read at your own risk.] [A werewolf story] It all begin...
441K 6.6K 21
Jez has one of the most complicated lives you'd ever see. So this time she moves to a new city, to find a guy who used to hate, then to find that he...