The Stranger I Bumped Into

By gold-plated

[COMPLETED] ~ one day you'll meet someone who doesn't care about your past because they want to be with you i... More

✦ chapter 1 ✦
✦ chapter 2 ✦
✦ chapter 3 ✦
✦ chapter 5 ✦
✦ chapter 6 ✦
✦ chapter 7 ✦
✦ chapter 8 ✦
✦ chapter 9 ✦
✦ chapter 10 ✦
✦ chapter 11 ✦
✦ chapter 12 ✦
✦ chapter 13 ✦
✦ chapter 14 ✦
✦ chapter 15 ✦
✦ chapter 16 ✦
✦ chapter 17 ✦
✦ chapter 18 ✦
✦ chapter 19 ✦
✦ chapter 20 ✦
✦ chapter 21 ✦
✦ chapter 22 ✦
✦ chapter 23 ✦
✦ chapter 24 ✦
✦ chapter 25 ✦
✦ chapter 26 ✦
✦ chapter 27 ✦
✦ chapter 28 ✦
✦ chapter 29 ✦
✦ chapter 30 ✦
✦ epilogue ✦
Authors Note

✦ chapter 4 ✦

14.6K 667 172
By gold-plated

Noah's POV

I examine my shoes after I had tied the laces. They were black Nike's and they were really old. They were worn out and the colouring looked grey instead of black.

I need to get a new pair.

I exit my room and walk into the kitchen. I lived in 2 story house and it had 4 rooms. Me, my mum and my grandparents on my mums side all live together. My dad died 6 years ago in a car accident. It was still hard to think about. I was only 14 at the time.

I find everyone in the kitchen, with my mum making coffee. I kiss her cheek and do the same to my grandparents. "Good morning." I greet.

"What are you doing today?" My mum, Katherine, asks.

"I think I'll be going to the mall. I need a new pair of Nike's." I say, showing her my shoes. It was thankfully Saturday.

She nods her head. "I'll be leaving soon for work." My mum worked as a doctor. She worked most days of the week because she was the one who brought in all the money for this household.

I need to get a job.

I had wanted to go to university but I couldn't because each course cost too much. I didn't want mum to pay for it and I didn't have any money. I told my mum that I didn't want to go so she doesn't feel bad. I didn't want to put pressure on her.

I grab a bowl of cereal and talk to my grandparents about mundane things. Once I'm finished, I say goodbye to everyone and head to the mall.

-----

I was walking past a jewellery shop when something caught my eye. It was a ring but it wasn't real. Although it definitely looked like it. It was in one of those shops where they had all women's jewellery but were all fake. I walk into the shop and walk over to the ring. It was a simple silver ring with a small diamond. 

That's when an idea struck me. I will use this to get back at Lauren. I'll propose to her in a public place and when she rejects me, she will look like a total b*tch.

This is going to be good.

I buy the ring and luckily it didn't cost too much. Now I just have to find her in a public place. I had already bought my Nike's and was going to go home now. I walk past a group of girls and catch them looking at me. I wink and grin, which sends them into a fit of giggles. I couldn't help but smirk.

I could get any girl I wanted.

I look to my right and my eyes widen at what I see. It was Lauren and her two friends. I think their names are Jessica and Annabelle? I quickly move out of their line of sight and walk into a dollar shop. They were a couple of shops away and had not seen me.

Perfect time to play my prank.

I grin and take out the ring. Luckily the ring had come with a box so it would look more real. I walk over to them with the box in my hand, so they couldn't see it. Their backs were to me so I tap on Lauren's shoulder. She turns around with a confused look.

Lauren's POV

I was at the mall with Jennifer and Abigail. It was Natalie's birthday next week and we had wanted to buy her something special, considering it was her 20th birthday. We were outside a store, looking through the glass, when I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around, confused.

Who could it be?

When I turn around, I find Noah. I raise my eyebrows. "Noah?"

He smiles and when I say smile, I mean as in its not a smirk or a stupid grin. Now that made me suspicious.

"Hey, Pookey Bear." Noah says. I frown. "Pookey Bear?" I repeat in confusion. He nods and to my horror, he starts shouting.

"Excuse me everyone! I just wanted everyone to know how much I love my girlfriend!" By now, people have started to form a small circle around us and I hear Jennifer and Abigail gasp. "Lauren." He says and points a finger at me while I'm frozen, not knowing what to do.

What is he doing?!

"You are the one girl I want to spend my life with. You are my one and only and I just want to ask you something." He pulls out a small box and I gasp. He comes towards me and goes down on one knee. As he looks up at me, I see a familiar look but it's quickly gone before anyone can see it. Anyone but me. He had looked at me with mischief and that's what gave him away.

This was all a stupid prank!

Noah opens the box to reveal a silver ring. "Lauren, will you marry me?" Instead of saying no, I smile.

Im going to turn the tables around.

I pretend to tear up and I start fanning myself. "Oh my god, Noah! You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to ask me. I love you so much! Yes, I will marry you."

He looks at me with utter confusion and I refrain myself from smirking. I had to keep on this charade. There was cheering from the crowd and someone yells, "put the ring on."

In a daze, Noah slips the ring on my ring finger and gets up. I pull him into a hug. "Did you think I would fall for your little prank?" I whisper into his ear. He says nothing and I let him go but grab onto his hand. The crowd parts, giving us a clear way to go. I pull Noah along with Jennifer and Abigail in tow and they had confusion written all over their faces. I lead them to the food court and find a table. We all sit and I grin at Noah. This seems to snap him back to reality and he gives me a glare.

"How did you know?" He asks with narrowed eyes.

"Did you think I was that dumb? I may not be as smart as Abigail, but I'm not dumb." I say and cross my arms.

"Wow, wow, wow, wow. Hold up. What is going on here?" Jennifer asks.

I turn to look at her. "Noah tried to pull a prank on me but I outsmarted him." I say and shrug my shoulders. Jennifer and Abigail nod and we were silent for a while.

Suddenly, Noah smirks. "The only reason you said yes, was because you want me."

I roll my eyes. "The only thing I would want from you is your food."

Before he can respond, Jennifer cuts in. "Alright guys. We get it. You guys both love each other. Anyway, Lauren, we better go. We still have to look for Natalie's present." With that she stands up and Abigail and I follow. I look back at Noah and wink. We walk away from the table before I can see his reaction and continue on our search for a present.

-----

I was going through clothing racks, when I spot the ring that Noah had used for the prank, still on my ring finger. I frown.

I should give it back to him. I will call him later.

We had already bought Natalie's present and now we were just going to buy an outfit to where on the day. She was doing a small barbecue at her house with some friends and family. We had bought Natalie a bunch of clothes, a red stone necklace with a matching bracelet, nail polish and a pair of converses. We had all put in our money together and bought it. That's how we gave birthday gifts. The other three would go shopping and buy it together. I guess you could say it was like tradition.

-----

I was at home, getting ready for bed. My hand goes to turn off the light when I see the ring.

I forgot to call Noah. Might as well call him now.

I grab my phone and call him. He picks up on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey, Noah. It's me. I was just calling about the ring. When did you want me to give it back?" I ask.

The line is silent for a while, with only sound being his breathing. "You can keep it." He says.

My eyes widen. "What. No. That's fine." I say.

"The ring is yours now." He says and with that he hangs up.

Well that was rude.

I put the phone down and just stare at the ring. It was still on my ring finger so I take it off and put it on my bedside table.

Well it was a pretty ring.

I turn the light off and jump into bed. I think about the pranks that we've done to each other. I had pretended to be his girlfriend and he had tried to get me back by proposing. That didn't work and I turned it into one of my own pranks. I grin at that thought.

Lauren: 2 Noah: 0

~*~*~*~*~

Hey beautiful people!
It's another chapter! I hope you guys liked it. Let me know your thoughts on it. I'm sorry for the slow updates. I've been having writers block but hopefully it's gone. Thanks for reading and sorry for any mistakes.
Have a great day/night wherever you are. ♡

- a_lama

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 6K 39
"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to know you. To know the way you react to th...
2.1M 56.3K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
3.7K 160 20
"Cool, lets go!" we jumped off his bed and ran towards his stairway, where he sat on his railing. "What are you doing?" I asked the crazy person. "Be...
15.3M 550K 65
"Hey there beautiful, wanna go out sometime?" He asked with a slight smirk. "With you?" I asked in a sweet voice. "Sure thing baby girl" He replied. ...