Re:zero Reversal

By llamaofthefall

In reversal the story begins with Subaru waking up on the floor of the convenient store, with what he can is... More

The girl from a whole other world
Soba, lights, and magic

Shopping and trying fitting in

2K 43 32
By llamaofthefall

Rem's POV
*chirp* *chirp* *generic good morning noise*
Rem awakes just before Subaru to realize what she fell asleep on. She blushes like crazy and her heart starts feeling warm and fuzzy as she starts realizing and thinking what just happened, the thing was she didn't really have a problem with it she just was startled by it, in fact she kinda liked that she had fallen asleep like that, as she thought that her heart started beating rapidly and her mind raced as she thought of how long she was in his lap, not only that but he looked like a complete child while he slept. She giggled and quietly jumped around as she thought about how she was asleep in his lap for more than a few hours. She stops jumping for a sec and thinks about how she could snoop through his things.
*hue hue hue*
She tiptoes out of the room and walks down into the kitchen which emits a distinctly nasty smell which engulfs her as soon as she steps into the kitchen, she notices plates upon plates upon even more plates stacked up into a metallic like trough with two spouts hanging over it as well as rather large black bags in the corner of the room which she could tell was trash by all of the utterly horrible smell that was coming from them.
"Maybe Rem will snoop a little later but for now" *puts on serious face* "Rem NEEDS to clean this" she said in her head.
She went over to the metallic trough and twisted one of the handles that was on it, she was surprised that what it had done was that it made water come out. She looked in the cupboard and found something that said "dish soap" on it she still couldn't read or write the language even though she was able to speak it and understand it. But she trusted her gut and took it out and poured it all over the dishes and in the trough, like she poured it all out..... It was everywhere. She turned on the water and started washing the pile of dishes that were beginning to be overcome with bubbles because of the amount of soap she put in. After 15 or so minutes she had finished and started the other chores that she had decided to take on herself.
"Subaru sure is lazy, and unclean, and not very presentable, and isn't really the best host" she lists off with a tone of annoyance.
She walks over and looks into the room to see Subaru laying on the floor still asleep.
"But he is cute, and nice, and funny" she says as she starts to blush.
She goes back and starts cleaning up after Subaru's mess that really he should be cleaning up, but her urge was to strong and he was still asleep so she decided to keep going while he was asleep and depending on how much was left would make him do the rest while she snooped through his stuff.
*hu hu hu* she huffed at the thought of going through his stuff.

Subaru's POV
Subaru's eyes slowly drift open as he awakes to guess what more generic morning noises.
"Why are my legs asleep?" He asks himself
He slowly stands up and walks around a little bit to get the feeling back and after he does he walks into the kitchen to see Rem dusting a now extremely clean, to the point it was almost sparkling kitchen.
"How...When... Why...?" He asked in astonishment
"Rem was a maid so Rem is good at cleaning, just now, and because you're house and you are a mess"
*starts snickering*
"Are you laughing at Rem ?" She asks.
"Sorry yeah, it's just that... All of that makes since now, with like the maid outfit and everything, before you showed me that you obviously weren't from around here,  I just thought you were a cosplayer or something" he try's to say as he laughs uncontrollably.
"Well Rem doesn't think She is a cosplayer, or whatever it is, but Rem is, or was a maid to a man named Roswaal L. Mathers" explains Rem.
" what kind of name is Roswaal?" Subaru asks in his head.
"Anyways, here let me take care of that for you, though I really appreciate it, I really feel bad that my guest is doing my own chores."
"Ok, well Rem will wait for you to finish."
"Ok yeah that's fine, um i guess you can wait in my room, or back in the living room if you want."
"Yeah Rem will wait in your room"
" I'll come get you when I'm finished in here, and I guess il take you clothes shopping, I doubt you could really go many places and not be noticed in your current attire." Sighs Subaru
"Is it not common for people to where maid uniforms in "Japan"
"Well, not many people have really had maids that where that uniform since a long time ago, there are some cafés and some mansions that still use them but that's about it I suppose."
"Is it ok to wear it while Rem is here in your house, it's still a piece of Rem's world, Rem doesn't want to leave it behind."
"Yeah that's totally ok until my parents get back but you can where it while they're not home, I mean if you're still living here by the time they are back."
"Rem would still like to live with you after your parents get back." she says as her face turns bright red.
"Ok" he exchanges as he blushes back at her.
"Ok um, Rem will wait on you in your room." She says as she quickly scurries out of the room.
"Yeah sounds good I'll talk to you in a minute" he says as his beet red face bolts back to the trash in the corner and takes it out to the trash can outside.

Rem's POV
"Oh gosh that was super embarrassing, Rem just said she wants to live with Subaru right to his face!!" She says in her mind.
She sits on his bed and immediately forgets that she was planning to rummage through his stuff, she doesn't even notice the fact about how unclean and messy Subaru's room is as well.
"Jeez, Rem is going to make him clean all of this one of these days" she whispers to herself
She continues to stare off into space and twiddle her thumbs, for the next 3 minutes all Rem did was twiddle her thumbs and squeak and hide her face in embarrassment when she thought about Subaru.
"It's only been one day, how do I already like him?" She asks herself in her head afraid that he'll somehow hear her from in the kitchen.
She was right to do so because not 5 seconds after she said that in her head. She quickly straightened up and blushed a little by the surprise of Subaru walking in almost immediately after she had stopped thinking about him.
"So yeah welcome to my room."
"Why is everything in your house so dirty?"she asked.
"Hey... Well, it's usually clean, I'm just not doing anything to clean up because my parents still won't be back for a week, and I wasn't really planning on anyone being here either, but that's no excuse so I'm sorry Rem I'll do it as soon as we get back from shopping."
"Good, Rem appreciates it a lot."
"Ok I know you probably won't like this but, I need you to stay here until I can get you some proper clothes for going out in."
"WHAT!?" Rem exclaims.
"That's so unfair Rem doesn't want to be stuck here, Rem wants see the pretty lights and buildings, not to mention that you'll probably pick something out that Rem won't look nice in." Complains Rem
"Sorry Rem but I can't risk bringing too much attention, who knows what'll happen out there if you come with me in the maid uniform."
"Here ok, I'll get a pair of clothes that I'm sure you'll like I'm a guy but I know what you'd look nice in, after that I'll come back and you can put them on, and after that I'll teach you about how to act in Japan."
"Ok?" Asks Subaru.
*ughhh* "fine, but don't take to long staying in here is gonna be really boring." Rem pouts.
"You can always watch TV, oh right you don't know what TV is yet."
Without even thinking Subaru grabs Rem's hand and pulls her out of the room. Rem blushed immediately but, she decided to keep quiet, she liked the warmth of his hands. Subaru pulls Rem into the living room and let's go of her hand, which made Rem pretty upset. He points to a big but slim grey and black Box on the wall opposite the couch.
"That is a T- what's wrong Rem."
"I-it's nothing just tell Rem what this so called TV does." Rem pouts as she puffs her cheeks out and swings her head in a different direction from Subaru.
"Um ok, so TV is something we use for entertainment in our world, it can kill a lot of time if you're not careful."
With that Subaru walks over to the couch and grabs a skinny black rectangle, points it at the "TV", and clicks one of the many buttons. The TV turns on to a channel with cartoons on it. Rem lets out an astonished squeak as she starts bouncing up and down with her eyes staring at the screen and a big and wonderful smile.
"What are thooose~ they're so cute."
"This is what our world calls a cartoon, it's a type of show that usually kids watch, but to be completely honest I'm not supposed you're so happy about it." Chuckled Subaru.
"Are you calling Rem a child?" She asks as she summons an ice shard.
"NO MAM IM VERY SORRY!"nHe exclaims with a scared and child like face.
"Good, Rem was thinking she might have to punish you"
Subaru starts blushing a ton cause he's a teenage boy and his mind was filled despicable sexual acts. Rem immediately notices and turns extremely red, not only from being embarrassed as hell, but she was super pissed as well.
"Perv!" Rem exclaims as she summons a few smaller ice balls and chucks them towards Subaru.
"Uh-UWAH, I'm sorry, I'll be back as soon as I can!" exclaims Subaru.

Subaru's POV
"Oh man Rem is super pissed, I'm gonna be in so much trouble if she ends up destroying the house!" He yells in his head.
He starts running down the road, once he's a safe, or he hopes is a safe distance away he checks his pockets and is relieved that he found his wallet, if he hadn't then he'd have to figure out a way to get back in there without getting killed. He starts walking towards the local mall. He gets there and immediately sees a group of delinquents loitering around in the front, he recognized one of them that goes to his high school and well let's just say they're not the best of friends. He decides it'd be better to go in a different, delinquent free area. Subaru walks around the other side of the mall and soon finds an entrance and yes it was delinquent free. He walks in and finds the nearest map of the mall, he sees a few girl clothes stores and decides the one furthest from him would probably be the best, but most expensive of the three.
"Just my luck" sighs an irritated Subaru.
He starts towards the store and is relieved to see that not many people are here today so it wouldn't take to long to maneuver through everyone to get there. He finally reaches the store after maybe 5 minutes of walking up and down escalators trying to find the store. He walks in and immediately starts thinking about how it must seem like he's buying clothes as a gift to his girlfriend for an anniversary or a date. He starts blushing but refuses to leave without the clothes, he was scared what would happen to him if he went back now. He cleared his mind and started to shop for an outfit for Rem. After 10 minutes of walking around in the store he picked out a white and pink snap back, a red T-shirt, blue jean shorts, and pair of blue sneakers. Subaru found the counter at the front of the store and felt despair as he emptied pretty much the rest of his wallet. He then left the store back into the mall with the clothes neatly stacked in the blue and white striped bag.
*sigh*
"I swear if she doesn't like what I've picked out for her, the tables may turn on who thinks the other is going to kill them" he thinks as he gives an evil little chuckle.
He ends up laughing a little too loud and people turn around and look at him with weirded out stares. He gets really embarrassed and so he runs the rest of the way out of the mall. Once he busts out of the front doors he runs into one of the delinquents and accidentally knocks one of them over. They all glare at him and sinisterly walk over to him, he finds a gap in between them and bolts, luckily the delinquents are sagging and have leather jeans on which obviously doesn't give them the speed advantage. He sprints away and they slowly go out of sight while they yell obscenities at him.
   Subaru continues running for a few blocks until the delinquents have been out of view for a little while. He stops to catch his breath and once it's regained he checks the bag to make sure everything everything was there, luckily even though the clothes weren't neat anymore they were all still there. Subaru begins to walk back towards his house, he checks the time, it's 11:45.
"Ok, so I can still take her out to walk around and see all of the big buildings and lights and everything and still be back by dark." He thinks in his head as he looks up at the sky.
"I wonder what'll happen to us, I doubt this kinda thing has ever happened to anyone, if there was, then I wonder how they're doing and what's happening with them."
  People start looking at him weird again as he walks Down the road.
"Oops said that out loud" he thinks as he begins to run home, with the blue and white bag in hand, anxious of what the future brings him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 86.3K 194
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
157K 17.2K 23
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
418K 25K 84
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
1.1M 30.2K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...