Alpha Grayson | ✔️ (Published...

By Midika

*BOOK THREE* (Can be read as standalone) OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL!! THIS INCLUDES THE PROLOGU... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Published! (Where did the chapters go?)
Acknowledgements
Alpha Jasper

Chapter Seventeen

224K 8.5K 3.9K
By Midika

Thank you so much BigandSmallSmartass for this awesome banner! I love it (:

Word Count: 1791

~Grayson

I lean back into the chair, looking out at the sunrise seeping through the tree leaves. Sitting outside on the deck in the mornings is a ritual of mine I enjoy. Sleeping isn't something I have needed since I became...

Lexia is upstairs, completely wiped out from what I did to her only a few hours ago. I tap my fingers against my leg. I'm glad she is finally opening up to me. And giving her pleasure is something I want to do as much as possible.

This also happens to be the coolest time of the day, aside from late at night. To me, this is the perfect time to think for a moment. About the uprising, about-

"Someone is up early."

I sit up, scanning the area. The voice is too familiar to forget, but him being here is something I don't prefer to admit, especially with Lexia being so close.

"I'm sure you can relate," I mutter, catching the violet eyes of Jasper.

The moment Lexia mentioned him at the party, our plan finally began. He was supposed to get her back to my Pack, and he succeeded...

Although, lying to Lexia is something I hate doing, but I don't want her to worry about me knowing a man who existed a a couple centuries ago. And it isn't like I want to be in acquaintance with him. A lot of the time, I think it is the mind reading ability he practices too often.

"She nearly caught you last night," Jasper muses, leaning his back against the trunk of a tree a few metres from me. My jaw clenches automatically.

Last night, my plan was to find Evan, my brother and have him chain me to my bed like he does most nights. The silver stops me from turning. But he was off having a special night with his mate.

And eventually, as was I.

I want Lexia to know. But how will she react when I tell her apart of me is completely uncontrollable, feral and wild is something I can't even begin to imagine. The things I could do to someone when in my wolf form is sickening to think about.

And unfortuantly, the only man who not only understands, but assists me when I turn, is Jasper.

It may not be his fault, but I know he is the Commander of the Phantom Wolves, and calling myself one of them leaves my tongue bitter.

I can tell Jasper is scraping through my mind. "It was Kaden who hired one of my own Phantoms to curse you. Blame him."

Sighing, I run my hand down my face. Looking at Jasper, I am sure I can't ask him about how to tell Lexia. His mate thinks he died many years ago, and I doubt she thinks it's in the realm of possibility that he would be alive today. If you could call him alive.

"Don't even think about her," Jasper snaps. I raise an eyebrow. I know it's stupid, but I can't help but enjoy toying with him.

"We have been over this...Stop reading my mind."

"I will when you stop thinking about Thea."

Despite his age on me, he is incredibly protective over his mate. I know of her. Her boyfriend is almost protective over her as her actual mate, although in a fight, I can guess who would win.

Again, Jasper shifts through my mind like he is reading a book. "At least my mate didn't fuck her assistant..."

I stand swiftly. Jasper and I are opposing forces. Ever since he gave me the ring to stop turning into the Phantom Wolf that resides inside me until night, we have been jabbing at each other constantly.

But the moment her worthless assistant, Adrian is mention, my anger steps up a level.

"Oh, would you like to talk about Thea and her boyfriends sex life?" I say, watching the way Jasper stiffens, and his hands clench into fists by his side.

I just can't wait until our deals are done. He gets Lexia to kill the man behind the uprising, so his heart will beat again from his repent, and he can be with his mate. And in return, he assists the wolf inside me until I can mark Lexia.

"One mark, and it will all be over," Jasper says, his voice dangling the alluring possibility closer.

The moment Lexia is marked, the wolf inside me will be trapped forever.

Just looking into Jasper's eyes, I can see he is anxious to get his heart beating again. The power he wields is something even I'm not fully aware of. His mind reading and time manipulation is one thing, but I'm sure he is hiding other important things from me.

Jasper narrows his eyes at me, but decides not to bring up my thoughts.

Instead, he says, "I will not stop until this deal is complete."

"Do you know anything about Cyprian? Where he may be?" I ask, hating to bring up the name of the man behind the uprising.

Cyprian. Young, strong and extremely manipulative. An outsider of the Love Pack born and raised. A rogue now. All these things are a dangerous concoction I don't want my beautiful mate witnessing. Unfortunately, my end of the deal must be upheld.

But the thought of him using his sickening charm against her has the wolf inside me clawing at the seams.

Jasper shrugs. "No, but I have an idea."

Great. Jasper's ideas are always ridiculously, unnecessarily extravagant, but they always work. Although usually, those ideas mean he doesn't have to get his hand dirty.

Finally, he removes himself from his spot where he leant, using his feet to pace back and forth before me.

"We need allies. He's strong, and we won't find him without help from other Alphas," he explains, looking down at his extended hands as he talks, as if they might inspire some world changing idea.

"Which Alphas?" I question apprehensively.

Jasper thinks for a moment. "I know you won't like this, but Landon and Malik are important."

I sigh through my nose. Those two nearly ripped each other apart last time they were together. Instead of arguing, I simply nod, letting Jasper continue.

"We need Alpha of Harmony, Noah..."

My heart drops.

"I don't think Noah and I are on good terms at the moment," I say uneasily. After what happened the night of the gala, when I got protective over Lexia, and admittedly, a little pushy, Noah and I's relationship has been on the edge.

"You two have to be. Maybe give the Alpha of Desire a call. He might-"

"Don't be stupid," I admonish. There is no way he would ever accept an offer to help. He's probably distracted with...Work.

Jasper taps his chin as he thinks. "Alpha of Passion will help."

Isaiah is having issues at his own Pack, but I'm sure the Alpha will be willing to help.

But just as I begin to feel better about the situation, I catch Jasper's gaze, and I know exactly who he is thinking. We may be on good terms now, but I would rather not have him hanging around Lexia.

"Alpha of Vengeance, Kaden will be our biggest hope of finding Cyprian," Jasper exclaims. I hate having to agree with him.

"Fine. And what about Lexia?" I ask. Jasper seems to have forgotten the most important puzzle piece to this game. My mate.

He hops up the deck steps deftly, coming to stand directly in front of me. This suggests that he is only going to propose something I'm not keen on.

"I'll take her back to my Pack while you find Cyprian. She will be safe while you are out with business," Jasper says, his voice so suggestive its convincing.

But leaving my mate? Well...Having my mate leave me? It may be for a few days, but not having her here will seriously impact me.

"Still, I'll have to tell her what I am," I confirm.

Jasper looks doubtful, but nods. I'm not sure if I'm ready to send Lexia to the Devotion Pack. But I am sure I have to tell her about my wolf form before she finds out the hard way. I mean, she saw the pictures...

"Good talk," Jasper said, bored with the conversation. I watch him turn and walk off into the forest. Where he goes, I don't care.

I have to see Lexia.

💛••💛

~Lexia

I'm not sure what woke me. The beautiful morning sun streaming through the window, kissing my face with it's peaceful serenity. Or Grayson swinging my door open wildly.

Probably the latter.

A look of determination was etched into his face, as I sat up, watching him approach me in the bed. Taken by surprise, I take a moment to rub the sleep from my eyes, and push my hair back.

What happened last night has tainted my mind. And down stairs stings a little too. As a reminder of course.

"We need to talk," Grayson says, as if I couldn't tell already from his expression that he is anxious to get something off his chest.

He looks beautiful this morning. As usual. His hair is mussed from his hand running through it constantly. Something has bothered him, or left him completely stressed out.

"It's a bit early isn't it," I mutter, testing my voice as if it's cold water in a bath. Wow, a bath would be great right now...

Grayson takes a seat by my side, as my legs still cower underneath the blanket.

"It's important you don't freak out," he tells me.

Instantly, his words have the opposite effect to what he intended. My heart flutters at the insinuation of bad news. It's early in the morning, my mate is looking nervous, and now suddenly, he's holding my hands between his own.

I'm captured in his intrusive gaze, as he suggests I don't worry without even speaking. But nonetheless, his next sentence shocks me.

"Lexia, I'm a Phantom Wolf."

💙••💙

It's out! The secrets been exposed! I mean, Lexia is a smart character, and I'm sure she would have figured it out herself.

You may have noticed the mention of the Desire Pack. That is the other Pack idea I chose!

It took a lot of preparation and analysing your ideas, but I really loved this one, and I thought it fit the theme of this series.

I loved all your submissions, so thank you all a million times for taking the time to think of a new Pack idea! (:

Snapchat: midikacrane

Radish: Midika

YouTube: Midika Crane

~Midika 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 55K 14
*BOOK SIX* (Can be read as standalone) (OFFICAL REVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL ALPHA RYLAN. AVAILABLE NOW ON AMAZON* For a year now, Dawn has been ru...
3.9M 172K 49
Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ---------------------------- In a time of u...
630K 14.8K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
3.7M 153K 56
Book 2 of The Alpha Series - Sequel to my first book, The Hybrid. Kaden's Luna cannot be read as a stand alone book! Kaden Reid is known as a rogue w...