Betrayed by Blood

By TheStrawberryWitch

He shouldn’t be doing any of this, shouldn’t be here, shouldn’t have slept with her last night. He should hav... More

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: The Wheel Turning
Chapter 3: Wounded
Chapter 4: Internal War
Chapter 5: Pop Goes the Weasel
Chapter 6: The Rescue
Chapter 7: A New Way of Life
Chapter 9: Having Killer Connections
Chapter 10: Honest Feelings
Chapter 11: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 12: Twisting and Turning, My Insides Are Burning
Chapter 13: Save Me
Chapter 14: Sweater Weather
Chapter 15: Love Like There Is No Tomorrow
Chapter 16: A Very Merry Christmas and a Deadly New Year
Chapter 17: Overly Jealous Much?
Chapter 18: Reprobate Romance
Epilogue

Chapter 8: A Normal Killer

89 5 2
By TheStrawberryWitch

Lyann looked around the back yard of the home before squatting down and looking at Emma. The older girl was shaking with worry but Emma only took it that she was excited about killing. “So! Lets see, you need something cool to do when you kill.” Lyann quickly hushed the young girl. “Emma, keep it down you’ll wake up the people.”

The young girl frowned for a second before she piped up again. She whispered now. “Oh, how about you do like Jack and eat their organs?” Lyann’s stomach twisted in knots and she felt like she was going to barf. “I… I think I’ll pass.” She said weakly as she held her stomach. Emma went back to thinking. “Well Jeff says ‘go to sleep.’ I don’t even know why it sounds so stupid.”

Lyann couldn’t help but laugh a little. “How about this.” She started off, standing up and dusting off her legs. “I’ll just say the first thing that comes to mind.” Emma giggled and twirled around. “Sounds good to me! Let’s go” Lyann opened the back gate to the yard and let Emma through before she went in herself. The two girls kept to the shadows as they started checking the back doors and windows. The kitchen window was unlocked.

Lyann pushed it open with a grunt before hoisting the little girl through. Once they were both inside Lyann felt her palms getting sweaty. “E-Emma, I’m not so sure if I can do this…” she whispered to the girl who was already heading towards the bedrooms. “Oh, you’ll be okay. I have your back.” She gave a reassuring smile, which made the other smile too.

They stalked together up the stairs, Lyann letting the smaller body lead her. Her heart was pounding in her ears and she felt like she was on fire. It should have been chilly outside, but for her it felt like a hot summer night her adrenaline was pumping so fast.

Emma opened a door and it creaked a little but it didn’t stop the young girl from tiptoeing her way into the room. It looked like a little boy’s room, as there were action figures and dinosaur toys everywhere. “He’ll be last.” Emma whispered before shutting the door again. The two checked the next room and it was a single person laid. Emma nudged her forward and she gulped nervously.

As Lyann approached the body in bed looked like a woman, though with the few wrinkles showing on her face it showed that she was the mother of that boy. Her face twisted as if she was having a nightmare. Lyann frowned and reached out, gently stroking the sleeping one’s face. Her eyes slowly opened and she stared up into brown eyes. She didn’t scream, didn’t move as she stared.

“You look so troubled…” The woman nodded and closes her eyes, tears starting to run down her cheeks. Lyann raised her knife with a shaky hand while the other wasn’t looking. She brought down the knife and the woman screamed. Lyann freaked out for a moment and cupped the lady’s mouth. “Shh… Shhh… Relax, all your worries are over.” She smiled down at the woman and she couldn’t control the laughter that started to bubble out of her and she lifted the blade and started stabbing over and over. “It will… only hurt… for a little bit” She said between exasperated breaths. She didn’t notice that the body was limp until she heard Emma calling her name.

Lyann’s head snapped up and her eyes were wide. Whether it was fear or excitement she didn’t know, but the feelings twisting inside her scared her. She chuckled and ran over to Emma, picking her up and twirling her. “Emma! I loved it! Can I have the boy?” The younger girl was giggling and she nodded. “Yes, but lets go to a few more houses until we can’t kill anymore!”

Lyann eagerly agreed and they stalked to the little boy’s room. Much to their expectation he was no longer in his bed since his mother’s scream probably woke him up. Lyann couldn’t help herself as she smiled and walked around the room with slow steps, nothing could be heard except for her heavy breathing. “Come out, come out wherever you are~” She cooed quietly and she looked under the bed and under a desk, in the closet. Nothing.

She started to grow frustrated and glanced around the room, seeing a toy box. It was just big enough for a small body to fit inside. She crept over and slowly lifting the lid to the box, seeing the boy shaking and crying. “Shhh.” She cooed. Her once white dress was streaked in blood. Her once gentle brown eyes looked wild.

“Its okay to cry.” She said softly as she grabbed the boy up gently and kneeled down to his height. He cried softly and covered his eyes, not wanting to see what was about to happen. Lyann slit his throat in one swift movement and his arms fell to his side. His baby blue eyes were wide as he stared at her in horror. Lyann laughed softly and through the boy down before turning to Emma.

“You’re the most relaxed killer I’ve ever seen.” She said with awe in her voice. The older one shook the knife to get some blood off of it. “I mean… It’s kinda fun. But not thrilling anymore.” She chuckled as the young girl’s mouth dropped. She shook it off and grabbed Lyann’s hand and they walked onto find their next victims. “I’m not giving up on you!”

The two girls spent the next few hours killing person after person. A few they experimented with. Emma wanted to see what would make Lyann tick. They tried leading people into the forest and playing games like hide and seek, tag and something Emma called “catch me if you can”. They tried bondage and strangulation, torture before dealing the final blow. Nothing seemed to gain more than a chuckle or a small fit of giggles from the brown haired girl.

“I give up.” Emma said as she stood over a lifeless body. Lyann shrugged, as if she had grown board. “I like you, though. You’re the worst type of killer.” The brown haired girl tilted her head, confused. “The ones that can end a life without any emotion. No joy, no sadness, nothing.” The young girl said with a smile. Lyann was still a little confused on how it could be the worse. Maybe it that she did, in fact, feel barely anything when she killed other than the adrenaline rush. “Oh, let’s stop by my house and get a few things before we head back?” Emma consented and they started the walk towards Lyann’s apartment.

Once they arrived she quickly packed her book bag with a few clothes along with her phone and its charger. She would try to make school tomorrow, but she wasn’t sure how Jeff would take it. She would just have to sneak out like she did tonight. Finally packed with some fresh clothes she followed Emma back to the Creepy Manson. It’s a name Lyann came up with and it made her laugh.

The walk back was filled with laughter and joking as they talked about their victims and their faces, how they screamed and ran. Emma mentioned the one teen that peed his pants and it made Lyann burst into giggles as they walked into the front door of the home. It was relatively dark inside other than a few wall lamps dimly lighting the foyer.

The teen was about to turn around and shut the door when it slammed behind her. She jumped and turned around to see Jeff in her face. His face was filled with furry as he grabbed up her wrist. It made Lyann whimper with how much force he was using. She dropped the knife that was in her hands and it clattered to the floor.

“W-what is this?” He nearly screamed at her. She was startled, then scared, but now she felt a little irritated. “I- What does it look like? I went killing” His face turned into a scowl and it made Lyann want to shrink away, but he squeezed her wrist in a harsh grip. Emma was about to speak up but Jeff was already dragging Lyann by her arm across the foyer and up the stairs.

“L-Lyann!” Emma called after her but she stood her ground, afraid of when Jeff was angry like this. She may have been a killer, but anger to such an extreme scared her and unnerved her and she only wanted to avoid it. The other girl managed to peek behind her and see the worry on Emma’s face before she was dragged around the corner of the hallway.

Jeff pulled her into his room and she let her bag of things fall to the ground. She looked into his unblinking eyes as he stared her down, his lips in a flat line. She had never seen him so upset before. “What’s wrong with you?” Lyann asked, crossing her arms. “I would think you would like it if I was like this.”

She squeaked when he grabbed her arms and slammed her against the wall. It knocked the wind out of her and she heaved for air the best she could with his body smothering her. Her heart beat irregularly and she felt her knees grow weak. I’m such a masochist. She thought with disappointment.  She flinched as Jeff ripped the masquerade mask from her face.

“Look at me.” He commanded her and she slowly opened her eyes to meet his. He studied her and her breathing only increased the longer he staid silent. “Did you like it?” He questioned her, and she was a little caught off guard by the topic. “I… I guess. It was alright.” He gave her a skeptical stare and shook his head.

“Your voice sounded uncertain.” His voice gave away that he was still angry, “Don’t do it again. Or else.” He released her and gave her a final warning stare before leaving the room and slamming the door behind her. She heard something lock and she gasped, going to check the door. The handle jiggled but never turned.

He locked me in here! “Jeff! Jeff let me out! What’s your problem!?” She screamed and banged on the door for what felt like forever. No one ever came and eventually she gave up because her throat started to hurt.  Lyann huffed and went into the bathroom to wash off the blood that was covering her from head to toe. It looked as if she had been bathing in crimson paint and it made her shutter when she saw her appearance.

After she was cleaned up she went to grab her pj’s when she realized she forgot to pack them. She packed clothes for tomorrow, but no pajamas. She cursed herself as she at least put on her panties before she wrapped a towel around her body. She cracked the bathroom door to make sure Jeff wasn’t there before she walked into the room. She borrowed one of his black shirts and put it on.

Lyann cut off the light and lay down in the bed; surprised to find it was a soft comforter. It didn’t take her long to get relaxed despite being irritated with Jeff being a spoilsport. She wished she understood what his problem was. She was setting the alarm on her phone so she could wake up in time for her classes. She saw that she had a few messages from that boy in class but she ignored them for now. Jeff’s so annoying. Why am I even here? I guess I can’t really get away from him now. At least not easily… She continued to think about these things and him until she drifted off into a deep slumber.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lyann woke with the chorus of “Tears Don’t Fall” by Bullet for my Valentine. She groaned and reached for her phone to turn it off, ignoring the arms that held onto her. She knew who it was and she didn’t want to think about it with how she was still angry at him.  She heard him grumble something about waking up so early and she just sighed. “Sorry for liking to be up early”. She snaked out of his grip and watched him turn away and fall back to sleep.

This will be easier than I thought. She chuckled quietly to herself as she went to her book bag and pulled out a red long sleeve shirt and her black jeans. She took them to the bathroom and brushed her teeth and hair before changing. She put on her shoes and grabbed her bag before she snuck out of the room. She fist pumped the air when she successfully made it out.

Lyann found her way to the kitchen and nearly jumped when she saw a blue masked boy sitting there and eating what looked like a kidney. He glanced up at her and she tried to act normal with the black sockets that stared at her and the sharp teeth that shone from his mouth being in mid bite. She went to the fridge and prayed they had something other than organs when she opened it. To her surprise there were eggs, milk, and a lot of other food that would be in a normal home. She settled for a glass of milk and a sandwich for breakfast.

“Who are you?” she heard a gruff voice asked and she turned to see the same male. “I’m Lyann. Jeff’s… uh… friend?” She wasn’t sure what her relationship to Jeff was. That seemed to work for the masked boy since he shrugged “Oh, well I’m Jack.” She nodded and quickly ate her food. “Okay well… I’m going out. Can I get some help through the forest?”

Jack seemed unsure at first but eventually he agreed. He whipped his bloody mouth on his hoodie sleeve before lowering his mask and walked towards the front door. Lyann quietly followed behind him the whole way to civilization. Once they made it to the back yard of a house Jack turned to leave. “Thank you” She smiled and waved at him even though he wasn’t looking.

She walked the rest of the way to her school and made it just in time for her class…

~ Small time skip~

Lyann was sitting in the campus courtyard when her phone started ringing. She looked and saw it was Cassius. She answered and flinched when his Irish voice came bursting through the speaker. “Hey! Lyann are you here today!?” “Yeah, I’m here.” There was a moment of silence. “Where?! Let’s go to lunch.” He offered and she smiled. “Sure, as long as you’re paying. I forgot my wallet today.” “Sure, of course. I wouldn’t ask a girl to lunch if I wasn’t paying.” “Okay, great. I’m in the courtyard.”

She hung up the phone and waited for Cassius. Finally he came running up to her, crashing her in a hug. She felt herself become flustered. “Well, what about Chinese? There’s a good place not too far away.” He offered and she nodded. They walked together and it was mainly Cassius talking away about class and what she missed and how much he had missed her. She liked how normal this felt. It was nice to just be at school and not worry about the murderer that slept with her at night or about how she had killed. It was good to be normal, or at least that’s what she told herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

841 7 37
Jeff has loved this girl since he first seen her. But will she ever love a killer? And if she does will Jeff stay after he finds out her secret that...
2.2K 78 22
Nani wants to find love in Tyree, but can he put aside his player ways? Things don't seem to go as planned when you fall in love with a man that grew...
9.2K 306 19
"It's not safe for you to be around us. You could get hurt. Or worse, killed." "I don't care. I'm not leaving now."
45.6K 1K 17
My father once told me don't fall in love with a dangerous man. My father also told me don't fall in love with a demon. However that's exactly what...