Chapter 8: A Normal Killer

Lyann looked around the back yard of the home before squatting down and looking at Emma. The older girl was shaking with worry but Emma only took it that she was excited about killing. “So! Lets see, you need something cool to do when you kill.” Lyann quickly hushed the young girl. “Emma, keep it down you’ll wake up the people.”

The young girl frowned for a second before she piped up again. She whispered now. “Oh, how about you do like Jack and eat their organs?” Lyann’s stomach twisted in knots and she felt like she was going to barf. “I… I think I’ll pass.” She said weakly as she held her stomach. Emma went back to thinking. “Well Jeff says ‘go to sleep.’ I don’t even know why it sounds so stupid.”

Lyann couldn’t help but laugh a little. “How about this.” She started off, standing up and dusting off her legs. “I’ll just say the first thing that comes to mind.” Emma giggled and twirled around. “Sounds good to me! Let’s go” Lyann opened the back gate to the yard and let Emma through before she went in herself. The two girls kept to the shadows as they started checking the back doors and windows. The kitchen window was unlocked.

Lyann pushed it open with a grunt before hoisting the little girl through. Once they were both inside Lyann felt her palms getting sweaty. “E-Emma, I’m not so sure if I can do this…” she whispered to the girl who was already heading towards the bedrooms. “Oh, you’ll be okay. I have your back.” She gave a reassuring smile, which made the other smile too.

They stalked together up the stairs, Lyann letting the smaller body lead her. Her heart was pounding in her ears and she felt like she was on fire. It should have been chilly outside, but for her it felt like a hot summer night her adrenaline was pumping so fast.

Emma opened a door and it creaked a little but it didn’t stop the young girl from tiptoeing her way into the room. It looked like a little boy’s room, as there were action figures and dinosaur toys everywhere. “He’ll be last.” Emma whispered before shutting the door again. The two checked the next room and it was a single person laid. Emma nudged her forward and she gulped nervously.

As Lyann approached the body in bed looked like a woman, though with the few wrinkles showing on her face it showed that she was the mother of that boy. Her face twisted as if she was having a nightmare. Lyann frowned and reached out, gently stroking the sleeping one’s face. Her eyes slowly opened and she stared up into brown eyes. She didn’t scream, didn’t move as she stared.

“You look so troubled…” The woman nodded and closes her eyes, tears starting to run down her cheeks. Lyann raised her knife with a shaky hand while the other wasn’t looking. She brought down the knife and the woman screamed. Lyann freaked out for a moment and cupped the lady’s mouth. “Shh… Shhh… Relax, all your worries are over.” She smiled down at the woman and she couldn’t control the laughter that started to bubble out of her and she lifted the blade and started stabbing over and over. “It will… only hurt… for a little bit” She said between exasperated breaths. She didn’t notice that the body was limp until she heard Emma calling her name.

Lyann’s head snapped up and her eyes were wide. Whether it was fear or excitement she didn’t know, but the feelings twisting inside her scared her. She chuckled and ran over to Emma, picking her up and twirling her. “Emma! I loved it! Can I have the boy?” The younger girl was giggling and she nodded. “Yes, but lets go to a few more houses until we can’t kill anymore!”

Lyann eagerly agreed and they stalked to the little boy’s room. Much to their expectation he was no longer in his bed since his mother’s scream probably woke him up. Lyann couldn’t help herself as she smiled and walked around the room with slow steps, nothing could be heard except for her heavy breathing. “Come out, come out wherever you are~” She cooed quietly and she looked under the bed and under a desk, in the closet. Nothing.