Chapter 7: A New Way of Life

Later on in the story she has an outfit she wears, here is the link to the mask, since I can only attach one multimedia image. Hope that this sufices. Thanks for all the reads guys :3

http://refrainfromtheidentical.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/pink_mask1-copy.jpg

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Lyann groaned in pain as she started to wake up. Her whole body ached; it felt like she was hit by an eighteen wheeler. She couldn’t open her eyes, the sun seeping through the window was too bright and it hurt her head. She covered her face and put pressure on her temple, massaging it gingerly. She heard a door open and she slowly sat up. She squinted her eyes so she could see who was coming in. Her stomach growled loudly and she blushed as she saw Jeff bringing her a tray of breakfast. He chuckled and sat the tray in her lap. It looked like fried eggs, grits and oatmeal with a cup of orange juice.

“At least you have an appetite still, little piggy.”

Lyann gasped and swung at him, but she was sure her punch felt like a poke. Her arms felt like jello. She went back to rubbing her head with one hand while she scarfed down the food with her other.

“Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Slender said to take these for pain.” Jeff picked up a bottle and handed her three white pills.

She gratefully took them and used the orange juice to wash them down. “Thank you.”

Jeff scoffed and hit the back of her head and she whimpered. “I didn’t do shit. Masky cooked and Slender brought you back here and fixed you.” He looked away from her, and she could see the annoyance on his face.

“Well… thank you for bringing me the food.” She smiled because he couldn’t reject her gratitude then.

She laughed with how flustered he seemed to be, what had gotten into him? He wasn’t like this before. Lyann ignored the thought while she continued to eat. It didn’t take her long to finish the small amount of food (it wasn’t a lot for her). She made a face and looked over to Jeff who was sitting in a chair at the foot of her bed. He seemed to be dozing off, but he would snap his head back up. She giggled and that made him glare at her.

“Can I get seconds? I’m still hungry.”

He cursed and made her jump with how suddenly he grabbed the tray. He left while mumbling words she couldn’t understand but it sounded like he was arguing with himself. She made a face and watched him go. He was really bipolar today… Well he was always bipolar, but today was worse. Lyann sighed and rubbed her head. Most of the pain was gone by now, but there was still a dull ache. She noticed that she was still in the corset and skirts, but it was torn to shreds now. It irritated her because she really liked it. She marveled at how she didn’t have any wounds left. Her skin was nearly crystal clear other than a few cicatrices. She just now realized her shoulder was fixed too. Oh my god! She freaked out and wondered what type of witchcraft could speed up the bodies healing process. How did it work? Was there something scientific behind it?

Her admiring was interrupted when Jeff stormed back through the door, bringing her another heaping plate of food. “Yay!” She cried and eagerly reached for the food.

Lyann was eating before he even sat it in her lap. She was a lot more energetic since she had her first serving and it made Jeff stare at her with disbelief. She guessed he didn’t expect her to be a hyperactive person. She definitely was once she got accustomed to being around someone. Within only a few minutes she was done with the second plate. She let out a happy sigh and rubbed her belly, falling back on the cot.

“Oh that hit the spot!”

She couldn’t see that Jeff was smiling at her and that was the only reason he was smiling. That was the first night he hadn’t killed anyone. He could be stubborn and blame it on the fight with Laughing Jack, but his old self made sure to remember that it was because he would have rather been with her. Lyann was more amusing than any person he had met before, and he had a feeling he would feel the same about her whether she was a girl or a guy. It was her stupid and crazy personality that interested him.