My Chance [Levi Ackerman X OC...

By toxictaem

[Completed] "And... You were really good looking." I fiddled my thumbs. "I prefer hot." More

Before we start
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue
7 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Trust

Chapter 10

7.9K 180 259
By toxictaem

The drawing above is made by the lovely drawergirl44 ! Thank you so much for putting in the time and effort into drawing this heartwarming art :)

Chance's POV
  "What a wonderful day to go to Sheena!" I cheered happily.

  "Yeah." Levi says emotionlessly.

  "Wait Levi I need to change, meet you here in about an hour?" I asked.

  "Mhm." He nodded boredly and pulled out a chair to sit down on.

  I walked towards Petra's room and knocked on it.

  "Yes?" She opened it.

  "Chance! What's up?" She says rather nervously.

  "Sorry about yesterday Petra." I scratched the back of my head apologetically.

  "Oh! No worries, what do you need?" She asks cheerfully.

  "Can you help me pick out an outfit for a date in wall Sheena?" I prodded nervously.

  "Of course! Come in!" She pulled me into her room.

  "We can just see to my own closet.." I mumbled.

  "Nonsense! Use one of my dresses! The nobles will think of you as one of them if you dress up as an aristocrat." Petra insisted.

"And you have a lot of fancy dresses?" I cocked a brow.

"Well I do love to dress up once in a while." She giggled pulling out one gorgeous dress after another.

"Woah Petra! You can open up a shop with this many dresses.." I admired.

"I think you'll look best in this one." She pulled out a black and white lacy dress, designed beautifully with rose embroidery, and completed with a white satin ribbon.

"Wow, it's breathtaking." I mummer as I softly stroked the silky fabric.

"Take it! It's yours." She declares with a smile.

"What? I can't!" I defended, placing the dress on her bed.

"It's yours! No take backs." She folded her arms.

"Ugh.. Fine." I picked up the dress and smiled.

"Thank you Petra." I bowed a little.

"No problem! Ooh let me do your hair." She grabbed a random wooden brush and sat me down in front of her dresser.

"I think you'll look super adorable with twin, thick braids, with hair left that goes down your back." She mummered.

She separated my hair into three sections then sectioned two into into three each.

She carefully braided each piece so that they both turned out elegant.

"So kawaii." She swooned.

"Oh wait! I have this to go with the dress!" She shouted and reached into one of her drawers.

She pulled out an elegant black feather with a clip on one side and clipped it on my left braid.

"You look like an aristocrat's daughter." She clasped her hands together.

An aristocrat's daughter...

How right you are Petra.

But I definitely do not consider myself anything of that filth anymore.

"Thanks Petra, you saved me." I smiled gratefully.

"You're so lucky Chance... I wish I could have such a wonderful life." She swoons.

Wonderful? Haha really you think my life is wonderful? How wrong you are. I wish you knew.

"I'm sure your life will get much better in the future as long as you work for it." I encouraged.

"You think?" Petra asked.

"I know." I say confidently.

"My turn to thank you Chance,do have fun on your date." Petra gives me a thumbs up.

  "Hehe yeah, bye!" I stepped out the door.

  I walked down the hallway and turned he corner to find Levi already there waiting for me.

  "How do I look?" I twirled around.

  "Beautiful." Levi looks up.

  "You don't look bad yourself." I smiled.

He wore a black suit with a white blazer inside, paired with his usual cravat.

"Ready to go?" He demands.

"Lets go." I smiled and linked our arms.

We walked outside and found a carriage waiting for us.

"Ladies first."Levi bowed slightly with a smirk.

"Why thank you kind sir." I giggled, stepping onto the carriage.

"So where are we planning on going?" I asked, once the carriage started moving.

"I mean we better have fun before our two weeks are up. You never know I might die!" I laughed.

Levi looked at me stoically and grabbed my shoulders roughly.

"Never. Even. Think. About. Dying. On. Me." He seethed.

"U-uh.. okay?" I cocked my head.

"Ugh... just, be careful. Try not to think about it, it'll make you nervous and end up in a titan's stomach." He states blatantly.

  "So what you're trying to say is... you're worried about me?" I tried.

  "Obviously. I don't want my girlfriend to die." He scoffed.

  I smiled at his response and looked out the window.

Soon we reached the huge city of Wall Sheena once more and we stepped out of the carriage.

"Where to?" I asked cheerily.

"Anywhere you want.." Levi turned to look at me.

"Hmm how about a Chinese styled restaurant? I'm craving some Udon." I tapped my chin.

"Sounds good." Levi nodded.

"Yay!" I clasped my hand around his and began dragging him to the restaurant.

I loved this particular restaurant because my mother used to take me to it when I was little.

I loved my mother, contrary to my greedy father. But now, I have mixed feelings.

Levi opened the door and a bell rang. He signalled me to step into the restaurant.

"Can we get a table for two please?" I smiled at the waiter.

"Of course miss." He responded happily, grabbed two menus and ushered us to a booth by the window.

"Ahh this feels nostalgic." I stretched a bit.

"Yeah." Levi nods in agreement.

I used to drag him here all the time.

"What can I get for you two?" The cheery waiter asked.

"I want beef udon, spicy please." I nodded eagerly.

"I'll have chicken chow mien. Regular." Levi demands.

"Right away!" The waiter runs off.

"It feels good to be in the streets again." I smiled.

"Yeah?" Levi asked.

"It's... free. I don't really know how to explain it. Of course when you go outside the walls you feel more free but more on edge. But here... I don't know its like my safe place you know?" I beamed.

"I understand." Levi nods in agreement.

"Spicy beef udon and regular chicken chow mien!" The waiter pranced back and placed our meal on the table.

"Enjoy!" He left.

  "Yum!" I slurped my noodles noisily like the brat I am.

  "Eat quietly." Levi orders.

  "It's disguisting." He continues and sighs.

I swallowed and nodded apologetically.

Levi began eating elegantly as if he was some kind of earl or something.

How does one eat so elegantly?

Soon I managed to finish off the rest of my noodles and patted my stomach satisfyingly.

"Done?" Levi rose to his feet.

"Mhm Yum!" I nodded happily.

Levi took a look at the receipt and dropped a few bills on the counter on our way out.

As we exited the door I heard a nostalgically familiar voice.

  I couldn't quite decipher it so I simply shrugged and ignored my instincts.

  "Do you want to just walk around Levi?" I asked.

  "Whatever you want." Levi shrugs.

  "Really? Then let's go to that big oak tree." I smiled.

  "Isabel!" I screeched.

  "What is it?" She cocked her head.

  "Look what I found!" I raised up my hand, which held a piece of wood and two ropes.

  "What's that?" Isabel asks excitedly.

  "It's called a swing!" I smiled.

  "What's it for?" She demands.

  "You hang it up on a tree branch and someone can push you, it'll feel like flying.." I explained.

  "That sounds so cool! Except for the fact that there are not many trees in the underground." Isabel sighs.

  "Then let's go above ground!" I grinned mischievously.

  "What?" Isabel stutters.

  "Absolutely not." A cold steel voice cuts in.

  "Aww cmon Levi." I protest.

  "If you get caught it'll be the death of you." Levi states inwardly.

  "Then we won't get caught! I mean it's the middle of the night, the lazy MP's definitely won't be onto us." I smiled evilly.

  "The risk is too high." Levi scorns.

  "Now go to bed." He orders.

  "Fine.." I muttered, utterly defeated.

  That night I was silently thinking about how much fun it'll be if we would be to go up there and fly.

  I crept up, out of me and Levi's shared bed, hoping he wouldn't notice, and by his peaceful expression, I'm guessing I didn't wake him.

  I slowly went out the door and grabbed the swing I had previously left on the couch.

  I opened the big door, which made a creak I was hoping nobody would hear.

  I snuck out into the dark underground city and made my way up the stairway, using the shadows as my disguise.

  Luckily thanks to my small figure, nobody noticed me. Well, they were asleep anyway. It was about 3 am so it was natural. Not even the thieves would be out this early.

  I reached the surface and silently tried to look for a tree.

  I soon spotted one, a giant oak tree.

  I walked over to it and slowly tied the rope onto one of the thick branches, one of the lower ones.

  I sat on it and let the soft breeze lift my hair.

  I wish someone would push me.. I thought..

  I pushed off the ground with my feet and let myself lunge forward with the force.

  I felt a smile creep onto my face.

  I haven't played on a swing since I was 7.

  I used to love swings too.

  I slowly felt myself loose momentum and softly halt.

  "Need help?" A voice called.

  "Eh?" I cried out loud before a hand covered my mouth.

  "Mph." I gurgled.

  "It's me you brat." Levi's voice scared the crap out of me.

"L-Levi." I breathed when he finally let go of my mouth.

  "Gomenesai." I immediately apologized for my immature actions.

  "Forget it." Levi brushed me off.

  "Really?" I brightened up.

  "Here." He gently pushed my back so that I was forced forwards and gained momentum.

  "Haha!" I laughed quietly as I was pushed higher and higher into the air.

The wind rushed by my sides rapidly and tossed my hair.

"Higher!" I smiled.

He pushed me faster, but not rougher in any sort.

"Ah.." I gasped as I looked up at the stars, beautiful.

"Levi!" I yelled softly.

"What is it?" He looked at my back.

"Go in front of me." I giggled

"Okay?" He whispered and walked so that he was facing me.

"Catch me!" I laughed and jumped off the swing.

"Chance!" He groaned and held out his arms.

I landed with my arms around his neck, hugging him.

"Haha!" I laughed and let go of him.

"Geez." He scolded.

"Don't tell Isabel or Farlan anything about this." He demands.

"Alright." He agrees lightly.

"Do you think this the swing is still there?" I asked.

"Maybe." He looks ahead.

"Yeah, maybe..." I sighed dreamily.

  We walked towards the direction of the old oak tree that sat near the edge of town.

  "Look Levi, it's still there!" I pointed at a rusty old swing that sat on a lower, thick branch on the tree.

On there was a little girl, humming to herself as she swung back and forth.

"Aww..." I mumbled.

"Still plan on swinging?" Levi cocked a brow.

"Maybe.." I mumbled, walking closer to the little girl.

"Hello!" I smiled.

"Ohayou Onee-san!" She giggled.

*Ohayou- good morning
*Onee-san- big sister

  "Do you come here often?" I asked lightly.

  "Oh yes.. One day this swing just appeared! It was like magic!" She answered happily.

  "Magic eh?" I found myself smiling.

  "Maybe if I swing high enough I'll be able to reach the sky right? Onee-san?" She asked dreamily.

  "To escape reality.." I looked up at the puffy white clouds.

  "Yeah, mother always says etiquette is important for young girls and I should wear a corset everyday under a dress.. It's rather annoying right Onee-san?" She leaned over so that she was staring right into my eyes.

  "Aww poor girl." I ruffled her hair lightly.

  "No I don't feel horrible at all to be honest." She smiled.

  "Why is that?" Levi asked, coming closer to us.

  "Are you her boyfriend Onii-san?" She grinned.

  "Answer my question brat." Levi deadpanned.

  "Gomenesai, it's just, mother adopted me, and took me in, it's the least I could do for her." Her small eyes gleamed.

  "Aww you're so sweet." I cooed.

"Uh oh.." Her eyes suddenly turned big.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Here she comes.." She cowered in fear.

"Athena Knightwalker what do you think you're doing??" A stern voice called.

I froze.

I didn't want to turn to look on what was behind me.

I didn't want to remember.

Maybe it was just an uncanny coincidence?

"Athena? Who are you talking to?" The woman's voice drew near.

I gulped and turned around.

"Oh? Who is this?" She motioned.

She doesn't remember...

A part of me cringed in sadness, but a distant part of my brain told me to feel relief.

It was a good thing.

"Uh.. My name is Chance." I tried.

"Nice to meet you Chance, was my daughter bothering you?" She asked kindly.

"No ma'am she was lovely." I smiled.

"Thank goodness, she has a habit of going on about random things to strangers you see." She mummers edging closer to me.

"Oh, how strange, I thought she was wonderful." I tried to hold a strained smile.

"Mom wait don't!" Athena cried.

I spun around to find that the woman had her hand behind her back.

"What.." I cocked a brow.

Levi slipped behind her a grabbed a fistful of 10 dollar bills.

"What the hell?" My forehead creases with anger.

I knew all about her tricks.

But I never expected her to be so rashly with them.

"I-I" she stutters.

"Here you are Helia." Levi hands me the money.

"Levi!" I raised a hand to slap him.

"Helia?" My "mom" called out.

"Mouth typo." I forced a smile.

  "No... Honey?" She walked closer towards me and cupped my cheeks.

  I just stood there awkwardly while Levi stared at us.

  "Is it really you?" She mumbled.

  "Uhh no?" I tried.

  "Hel-" she started.

  "It's Chance ma'am." I stated firmly.

  "Why would you change your name?" She asked sadly.

  "I- that name doesn't represent me anymore," I muttered in utter defeat.

  "Onee-san? What's going on?" Athena wondered out loud.

  "Nothing Athena, I'm going to get going now okay?" I smiled.

  I took Levi's arm and began to drag him away.

  "Wait! Don't go!" My mother screamed and lunged at my back, pulling me into a tight embrace from the back.

  "H-hey!" I struggled.

  "Don't leave! I'm sorry Helia! Don't leave-" she started to cry.

  "I never blamed you mother... " I started soothingly.

  Her eyes grew large and she smiled as big as she could.

  "But I'm a soldier now. And I'm not going to abandon my duties and pursue the path of greed anymore." My lips turned into a straight line.

  "My daughter... Became a Scout?" She mumbled.

  "How do you know I cho-" my eyes grew big.

  "There would be no way you chose Military Police. And you often described Garrisons as "drunk bimbos." She states, smiling a little.

  "Please don't die." She let go of me.

  "As long as I have someone to live for, I certainly will not die." I stated.

  "And you." My mother turned to Levi.

  "Hmm?" He mumbled.

  "Please take care of my daughter. She's rash and sometimes makes terrible choices." She scolded lightly.

  "I wouldn't let her die ma'am. It's a promise." Levi slammed his fist against his left chest.

  "Thank you..." She mumbled.

  "Athena, let's go home okay?" My mother smiled.

  "Okay mother! Goodbye Onee-chan! Onii-san!" She waved cheerfully and hopped off the swing.

  "Goodbye Athena.." I mumbled weakly.

  After they left, I spun around to meet Levi's face.

  "Why would you do that?!" I screeched.

  "I'm sorry do what?" He says carelessly.

  "Call me Helia! You bastard!" I groaned.

  "Are you mad at me?" He edged closer.

  "Obviously!" I sighed.

  "Too bad then. I made a promise to keep you safe, and I don't plan on breaking it, therefore, you are coming with me." He lifted me up.

"Hey!" I whacked him at the side of his head.

"As if I could stay mad at you..." I whispered quietly.

"What was that?" He cocked a brow.

"Nothing at all." I sighed.

"Chance, can you wait here for a minute? I need to do something." Levi states and sets me down on the swing.

"Uhh sure?" I mumbled as he walked away.

That was sudden.

I swing my feet off the ground and lunged forward slightly.

It feels so good to have air rushing through your hair.

I sighed and lifted my feet off the ground entirely.

I smiled and swung back and forth.

A voice suddenly cut into my peaceful thoughts.

"Chance? Is that you?" A childish voice wondered.

"Eren? What the hell are you doing here? I furrowed my brows.

"I just wanted to go shopping for a present!" He smiled.

"Uh huh..." I stated disbelievingly.

  "So where's this "present" of yours?" I fake smiled.

  "I haven't bought it yet.." He smiled.

  "It's for Armin's birthday!" He laughed.

  Maybe I suspected too much.

  Wait but isn't Armin's birthday November the 3rd?

  Right now is November the 23rd.

  20 days have passed.

  Eren you cocky bastard.

  "Is that so?" I played along.

  "Yeah! Wanna look for a present together?" He suggested hopefully.

  "Look Eren. I'm sorry. I'm already dating someone." I halted my swing so I stared at him directly in the eyes.

  "I know.. But we could still look for Armin's present together right? As friends?" He tried to hold my hand.

  "Eren, Armin's birthday was 20 days ago." I stated.

  "I-" He got cut off.

  "Chance? What's going on here." Levi came.

  He came on just the right moment.

  "Nothing really, Eren wanted me to go shopping for Armin's birthday present with him for a 20 day belated birthday." I stated nonchalantly.

  "Oh?" Levi struggled to maintain his composure.

  "Yeah. By the way, where did you disappear off to?" I got off the swing excitedly.

  "Places." He stated blandly.

  "Aww cmon!" I whined.

  "Eren! There you are!" Mikasa came running.

  "Mikasa? Why are you here?" I mumbled.

  "Eren said he wanted to see what you were up to ther-" she got cut off angrily by Eren.

  "Shut up Mikasa." He mumbled loudly.

  "Well... I'll be going now see you later Eren, Mikasa." I smiled trying to avoid their awkward situation.

I walked away with Levi trailing behind me.

Soon he caught up with me and stopped me.

"Huh?" I wondered.

"Here." He handed me a black box.

"Huh? What is it?" I curiously opened it.

Inside it was a glistening emerald and silver ring.

"It isn't a marriage proposal. It's a promise ring." Levi takes it and slips is on my index finger.

"But after the expedition two weeks from now, it's going to be a seal of marriage." He finished.

"I don't know what to say.." I choked.

"A simple yes would be fine." Levi blushes slightly.

"Who knew you could be so romantic." I giggled, gently touching the emerald streak.

"I try." Levi shrugs.

"How did you even plan this out?" I stuttered.

"Well last time when we went to Sheena, when Jaeger confessed his love for you I went to a jewellery shop to order one. I only came back for the last part, which was rather harsh." Levi states.

"You're amazing." I commented dreamily.

  "Thank you princess." Levi smiled lopsidedly.

  "Levi, I think I've had enough fun for one day, wanna go back?" I suggested.

  "Yeah, good idea, all these people, staring at me, made me very aggravated." Levi groaned angrily.

  "Haha you're not a very sociable person." I laughed a bit.

  "Humans are selfish,greedy and will do anything to make their life better, including dragging others down in the process." Levi states coldly.

  "Yeah, that's true. But Levi we're human, so we possess the same qualities." I state.

  "I'm not going to deny it, but that's the reason I prefer horses over people." He shrugs.

  "Even me?" I puppy eyed him.

  "Well, there are exceptions for every rule." Levi nodded while patting my head.

  I giggled and smiled.

  "Let's go home!" I skipped along.

  "Wait up!" Levi groaned and ran after me.

  At the base.

  "So how was your date Chance?" Petra asked excitedly.

  "It was wonderful Petra, except for the fact that Eren was there." I groaned.

  "I was wondering where he was." Petra frowned.

  "He's not really good at fibbing." I laughed a bit.

  "Woah Chance that's so pretty!" Petra swooned and pointed at my index finger.

  "Oh yeah! Levi got this for me. It's gorgeous isn't it?" I smiled wholeheartedly.

  I'm glad I didn't have to say the part where I met my mother. She seems really  happy now. Even though she's a bandit. I wonder what happened between her and my "father."

  "It totally is! You know Chance I so envy you." Petra sighed.

  "I wish I could have a boyfriend who loves me like Corporal Levi loves you." Petra says sadly.

"Petra, you're so nice and caring. I'm sure there is going to be someone there for you." I smiled and hugged her.

"Thanks Chance, but I don't deserve your kindness at all." She pulled away.

"Why not?" I frowned.

"Chance, you don't know how jealous I am of you. I wish I could have your life. But I won't go against morality. And jealousy is a disgusting feeling." Petra frowned and hugged her chest.

"Petra, I'm so sorry." I sat down.

"But I promise, no matter how you feel about me, I'll always consider you as my friend." I smiled at her.

"Thank you Chance, you are really too kind." Petra smiled lightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.2K 29
your lips tastes sweeter with the scent of death. LEVI ACKERMAN x FEM!OCREADER [s1⥬s3] ONGOING. © goddfall 2021
133K 4.6K 45
"Ah, so you're the infamous Levi Ackerman and what do I owe to have your presence ?" --- "Marry me" (Levi Ackerman x reader) [Mafia AU] { 𝙄 𝘿𝙊 �...
908K 16.3K 200
A book I'll post on every now and then about you and the Lance Corporal of the Scouting Legion! I can do smuts/ lemons, I can only do fem readers...