Alpha Grayson | ✔️ (Published...

By Midika

*BOOK THREE* (Can be read as standalone) OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL!! THIS INCLUDES THE PROLOGU... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Published! (Where did the chapters go?)
Acknowledgements
Alpha Jasper

Chapter Fifteen

196K 8.5K 1.5K
By Midika

im_a_milly_lover made this fabulous banner! Thank you Milly! (:

Word Count: 1358

~Lexia

Jasper refused to take on step into Grayson's house. He stared through the doorway I invited him into, but didn't follow me.

"You can come in you know," I tell him. I'm trying to be somewhat friendly, and I'm not sure why. I don't owe him anything. Maybe I wanted more information out of him, but by the looks of it, he's not having it.

"I think I'll go," he muses, glancing over my shoulder and into the house.

The look on his face suggests I don't question why he's so anxious about coming in here. Perhaps it's because Grayson might smell the scent he leaves, I'm not sure. But whatever it is, it has him backing away.

"Thanks for stopping me from finding out a question I've been asking myself for awhile," I mutter sarcastically. He grins, not saying another word before he slipped into the darkness.

And then I hear him say, "I did you a favour."

❤️••❤️

I lay in bed, my hands folded over my stomach. It's late, but I can't bring myself to sleep. Too many thoughts swirl and mix in my head, and amongst those thoughts, sleep isn't mentioned.

Grayson hasn't come back yet, as far as I'm aware. Jasper may have explained what that howl was, but I can't get the eerie sound out of my head. It curls around my mind, ringing in my ears. That wasn't a praise to the Moon Goddess that I heard, it was something darker and more sinister.

Unable to find sleep for the second time today, I make the decision to get up and wander around. The night is balmy and thick, so being naked under the sheet I wrap around myself is a mild relief.

I explore for awhile, the rooms of the house large and open, with the windows wide to let in cool air. It dances across my bare skin, relieving the feeling of pent up heat under my skin. No one is around; the place in completely abandoned. And I couldn't be happier.

Wherever Grayson is right now, I don't care, I think, as I walk up a flight of stairs, sheet dragging at my ankles. I would be beyond embarrassed if someone was to show up right now and see me dressed like this...Oh well.

The moment I make it upstairs, the entire layout of the place seems to change. My feet remain on the edge of the step, as I wonder whether or not I should go any further. It's darker up here; less open, but somehow much colder.

My hesitation allows deep set curiosity to set in. I never thought to go up here. It is the third floor, above my bedroom, and I didn't find the stairway until I delved right to the end of Grayson's large home.

"Interesting," I murmur to myself, deciding to walk further down the hallway.

Something suggests that I shouldn't be up here. What if this is a private area for Grayson only? And I'm here walking through his personal space? This makes me stop again.

I should turn around. But right at the end of the hallway, there is a oak door calling for me. No. I will ask him about it first.

So I twist on my feet, deciding against snooping around. Until I hear a faint creak.

I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. There goes my curiosity, twanged by the sound. Slowly I turn around, like a girl in a horror movie about to be faced with a monster. Instead, I see that door, except this time, it's slightly open.

"Was that a sign, Goddess?" I ask into the air.

Did she want me to walk down that hallway and into that room? Because I don't think there is any breeze in here to blow it open...

"I'll just...Glance in," I decide. Padding across the carpet on my tiptoes. This is a terrible thing to do, I try to convince myself. But my mind suggests otherwise.

Hand against the surface of the door, cursing my curiosity, I push the door wide open. And I'm taken aback by what I'm faced with.

For a moment, I didn't know what I was looking at.

At first, I believed that I had just stepped foot into some crime scene investigation room. Except the criminal was a wolf twice the size I could ever aspire to be. And a terrifying one at that.

Pictures of that exact wolf were pinned across the entire wall, accompanied with ripped out pages of books, with some words underlined with bright red marker. The sight stole the air right of my lungs, leaving my jaw slack, and hands slightly quivering.

My mind spins, as I attempt to make sense of what I am looking. Why in the world does Grayson have a room dedicated primarily to an unknown wolf that looks as if it could tear me apart in seconds? The thought makes me shiver.

Tentatively, I wander into the room a little further. Up close, I can see the dead soul in the creature's eyes. Someone had to have been close enough to take a photo of this beast, and I can't imagine anyone that would be brave enough to do so. Unless Grayson is the culprit. I mean, this is his room...

My fingers brush against the paper pinned to the wall, vandalized by ugly crosses, question marks and unexplained lines. Looking a little closer, I can see, with horror, that these pages are about Phantom Wolves.

Stories I would have been told as a child to be scared are right in front of my eyes. What I once believed was a myth, is pronounced here, to be seen by another believer.

Words such as cursed, mate, and Phantom Wolf are circled.

Swallowing, I walk across the room, my shoulder brushing against the photos and paper stuck messily to the walk. Nothing adds up. None of the information is anything I  would have expected to see in here.

"What are you hiding from me, Grayson?" I ask, slightly glad he isn't here to answer that.

He must know. He has to. You don't just have articles on Phantom Wolves hanging on your wall as an art form. Grayson wants to know something, and by the giant red question mark drawn crudely across the left wall, he hasn't found it out yet.

Unless...

I notice something glint underneath the question mark, that I hadn't noticed before. It is only a small photo, but a massive red circle around it draws my eyes closer.

Plucking the photo from its spot, I see what it truly signifies. Me. It is a picture of my face. An old picture, but it is definitely me.

And suddenly, as I stare into my own glossed eyes, I realize I am tied to whatever this mess is. And Grayson knows about it.

My heart races, as the photograph slips from my fingers, fluttering to the ground by my feet. What does he want with me? Am I really Graysons mate? Or did he fabricate an entire lie that has messed with my head, making me think I feel sparks?

Or maybe Jasper is behind this...

Suddenly, the sound of someone clearing their throat alerts me of their presence. Whirling around, I'm caught in the gaze of Grayson, and he doesn't look very happy.

Actually, he doesn't even look sane.

***

Mature scene writer: LauraIshAnime

CHAPTER SIXTEEN IS ON PRIVATE AS IT IS A MATURE CHAPTER.

YOU MUST BE A FOLLOWER TO VIEW THE NEXT CHAPTER! YOUR AGE MUST ALSO BE SET TO 18 PLUS.

REMEMBER TO REFRESH YOUR LIBRARY IF IT DOESN'T WORK. SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO LOG OUT TO MAKE IT WORK ALSO.

💛••💛

I am thinking of possibly doing a mature chapter next...What do you guys reckon?

I actually had an entire History essay I should have been writing instead of this chapter...but you know, priorities.

I'm also sorry the chapter is a little shorter! I wanted to end it that way, and any other filler would have been irrelevant. I'll make it up next chapter, I promise! (:

What do you think is going to happen next? Let me know!

Snapchat: midikacrane

Radish: Midika

YouTube: Midika Crane

~Midika 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2M 192K 23
*BOOK FOUR* (Can be read as standalone) (OFFICAL PREVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL NOW ON AMAZON!) *Completed* *** In a small town where no one leave...
434K 10K 50
~~First book in Alpha Series~~ ~~~Completed~~~ This is my first book, so be warned it isn't the best. Natalie has gone through one rejection and is n...
6M 211K 61
HIGHEST RANK: #4 as of 3/8/17 *PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION, THIS BOOK WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 YEARS OLD, THIS BOOK IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEA...
3.9M 172K 49
Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ---------------------------- In a time of u...