A Crown of Winter Roses

By imintheblackparade

Game of Thrones Fanfic This is a mixture of season 4 and season 5 Rhaegar Targaryen was always fond of his el... More

Prologue Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Prologue Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Prologue Part 3
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Prologue Part 4

Chapter 10

7.2K 194 2
By imintheblackparade

Rosaerys would never admit the way that sex made her feel; with Oberyn's muscles coiled tight beneath her, her power over men seemed to increase, and in truth she relished in it. Every moan was another weakness to Oberyn, every jut of her hips was another wave of pleasure, and every playful, daring glance she sent his way was just another ounce of devotion.

Viserys had always reminded her that her sex was one of the most powerful things that she could hold, that letting a man fuck her would get her to the top. Despite all the stupid actions that he did, he was right.

Rosie had never expected that her wedding night would awaken something in her; a fire, or a passion, or something. It was just too good. Rosaerys slipped through the bedding, her naked breasts lightly concealed in the cotton, her hand securing it in placed.

Oberyn was softly breathing, his eyes closed, hair bewildered from her tight pulling. A ghost of a smile hovered at her lips before disappearing, her eyes casting their way to the rising sun. He lived up to his reputation, proving at times that the Viper had a soft side before biting with the edge of bladed teeth.

She bit her lip, her body standing from the bed, bedding soon slipping away. Rosaerys crossed to the window, hands reaching out to the windowsill. It had been a hot night, the ground cool meanwhile the solars were hot. Rosaerys disliked that, although she loved the heat, a part of her always remained faithful to the cold. It beckoned her, twisting its snake-like fingers around her body, calling her closer with every minute that passed by.

She had half a mind to run down the stairs this instant and go for a dip in the fountains. A voice called her back.

"My love, what are you doing?" It was Oberyn's, murky in the sleep that had invaded it. Her body turned, before smiling.

"Nothing, I was just thinking what a beautiful day it was today; perhaps a chance to go for a swim." He huffed, not at her words but the sleep that had consumed him, desperate to call him back like a lover.

"A swim sounds like a marvelous idea, perhaps after breakfast, yes?" She nodded in agreement before slumping back to the bed, her body being pulled up onto Oberyn's. "I am sorry for hurting you last night, I did not mean for it to go how it did; I was angry." Oberyn's eyes had clouded over, a storm battling on inside of them. His hand snaked up, cupping her face gently. It still held the warmth of a 1000 suns, tickling, licking, nipping at her skin. Rosaerys giggled.

How a man with such a vicious reputation touch with the lightness of a feather was beyond her. Oberyn truly was something else. A pale finger stretched out, gently rubbing its soft tip against his lip.

She wasn't mad at the fact Oberyn was angry, she wasn't even hurt. She felt reborn, like her senses had finally woken up again after so long; like she had burned through that fire and was yet unscathed.

She was a new person.

"It is alright love, stop worrying yourself. Listen, I think we should change our plans. I want to head to Vaes Dothrak first, before heading back to Meeren." Oberyn's eyebrow quipped.

"Vaes Dothrak, why?"

"I want to see if I can gain support with some of the Khalasars; our first attempt wasn't successful, but I am hoping this one is. If this is successful, Oberyn, the forces numbers shall be well over 100,000; and Westeros, the Iron Throne, will be ours."

The sadistic grins that spread across their faces was one that should have gotten them killed, but with their numbers, and their belief that they could was enough to carry them. Oberyn smashed his lips to Rosie's, the tingles of passion sizzled through the air, nipping at their skin; creating a cocoon for the two lovers.

It was well past midday when the two slipped from the comfort of their room, making their way across the gardens before entering the solar with the remainder of their guards and family. Doran was perched one side, staring in a daze at the food that graced his table. Hotah just behind him, long-axe in hand.

He sent a small smile to the two, who sat either side; Rosie's guards soon flanking the sides of the room before Daario joined them. His eyes never leaving Rosaery's figure. Her hands fell to her lap as she peered between Oberyn and Doran, the two glaring at each other.

"I see the marriage has been consummated." Doran began, his body shifting slightly.

"Yes, brother."

"And how quickly can we expect your deal of the bargain to be fulfilled, Rosaerys." Her side of the deal, showing them Elia's death. A shiver ran through her body, she had to conserve enough energy for it, something like that was never simply to just do.

"When your side has been fulfilled; what's fair is fair." Doran nodded, before pulling a goblet to his lips.

"I suppose so, Rosaerys. I have received words from Varys. The presence of a ship, originally sailed from Slaver's Bay before across the Free Cities and docking here, in Sunspear has gained the attention of the Usurpers. They want to know why a ship from the Dragon Queen docked here, and we have no reason to lie currently." Rosie didn't quite understand Doran's moodswings, one moment he seemed so fine with her and the next he wanted her dead. Perhaps he needs to realise what is at stake here.

"Brother you cannot be serious; Rosaerys is our guest, and we will treat her as one. We requested her presence in the marriage, not the other way around, she simply obliged." Doran's eyes swung to Oberyn, narrowing ever so slightly.

"I understand that, but let us hear from the Queen herself, on what we should do." Their eyes turned to her, she swallowed.

"Prince Doran," She began, her body adjusting in the seat, eyes locking on. Doran was her prey now, and no one will escape her wrath. "First off may I begin by reminding you your terms of the deal. You will not only have a Targaryen sat on the Iron Throne, but you will also have a Martell. No Lion Usurper shall warm their arse there, not while I breathe. You will have justice for Elia, a kind and loving woman who was your sister, and you will know what happened that night. Every, last, detail." She couldn't stop the words that fell from her mother as she moved around the table, her eyes coiling tight around the eldest Martell as she drew closer, each step planned for.

Doran just watched on, neither surprise or horror falling upon his face. Rosaerys pushed on. "You remember who Rhaegar betrayed her for, but you don't remember why. That's why I am here. I promised you power beyond what you have ever had in your life, power that some only dream of. That is what grips my fingertips Doran, not yours. Do well to remember that."

He pursed his lips before nodding. Her body turning away, ready to return her chambers.

"Don't fail me Rosaerys, we are risking everything for you." She stopped, before turning her head back.

"No, Doran; I am risking everything for you." With that she sashayed away from the room, not turning back to her husband. Daario, and the rest of the unsullied flanked her, poised and ready.

"Daario, I need the ship ready for sailing tomorrow, the luggage and what ever else on board. I want to sail first to Meeren, inform them of my plan, and then to Vaes Dothrak. I want Dany with us, we'll need her. Oberyn will come too, and he'll be bringing some Dornish guards. We leave at sunrise, it'll be a long journey home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 915 14
After living in poverty for most of her life, Rosalind McDaniels accomplished her dreams of success when she became a doctor, she then continued to l...
279K 8.7K 59
"Why you must make me bleed my love" said Daemon "For it bring me nothing but joy" Replied Aelana * * * * When Aegon I conquered the Westeros with hi...
15.3K 491 28
They were like fire and ash, So similar yet so different She was beautiful, lively...destructive And he was lost, scarred...and totally in love with...
97.3K 3K 64
Lya Baratheon is the oldest and only biological child of Cersei Lannister and Robert Baratheon, but unlike her younger brother she is kind and gentle...