RIVER→ Sodapop Curtis

By brokenpausebutton

❝tales of an endless heart, cursed is the fool who's willing. can't change the way we are, one kiss away from... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023

08

11.5K 325 656
By brokenpausebutton

"holy hands, ooh they make me a sinner."

→←

"Hey, Randy, could I talk to you for a minute?"

He turned around, shooting me a small grin. "Yeah, what's up?"

"You're with Marcia now?" I raised my eyebrows, seeing as his expression dropped once I mentioned her name.

He chuckled, scratching the back of his head. "Can we talk... somewhere else?"

I glanced around at all of the people surrounding us, going about their day. I nodded my head and got in his car, watching as Soda and Pony walked out of the school together.

Randy pulled up to the football field and we walked out, sitting on the bleachers.

I glanced at the football field and felt a lump in my throat. The only thing I could picture was Bob getting thrown to the ground repeatedly, making me feel nauseous.

Randy must've recognized my expression because he sighed. "I'm sorry, Kota. I didn't think about that. It's just this is where Bob and I always came to talk."

I nodded my head, trying to shake the feeling away. "Anyways," We locked eyes, "you're dating Marcia?"

He shook his head. "No, I told her I didn't want to date her. With all of this stuff going on with Bob.... I just can't do anything anymore. It's like my usual routine got thrown down the drain. There's a hole in me."

I laughed softly. "You have no idea."

He sighed, looking out onto the empty field. I'm sure flashbacks of him and Bob were running through his mind and I frowned, knowing he was going to feel this way for a long time.

Because it's how I still feel about my brother.

"I feel like I should be more upset with Bob gone, but... I just don't feel anything." It felt good to get it off my chest, and I could see Randy from the corner of my eye, thinking of what to say.

"That's normal to feel that way." He replied, his voice melancholy.

I feel like he wasn't just talking to me either.

"Randy, how do you really feel about the Greasers?" The question I've really been wanting to get out, finally slipped out of my mouth with no warning.

We locked eyes for a minute straight and it was as if a whole new Randy appeared. He seemed... different.

"If I'm being honest with you, Kota, I don't mind them. I think you should give them a chance."

I cocked my head to the side. "And why should I do that?"

He held his hand in mine. "Because I talked to Bob before he died and he was going to accept Greasers."

I let his words ring through my eardrums. Bob was going to... be nice to Greasers? Accept them?

I stood up, taking a deep breath. "I-I have to go. Thanks for talking with me, Randy."

He nodded. "We should do it again sometime."

→←

"Dakota? What are you doing here? It's almost nine P.M." Soda chuckled, wiping the grease off of his hands with a rag.

"I just need to ask you something." I answered, leaning on the car he was working on.

He leaned against it also, glancing at me. "Alright, shoot."

"I-I'm going to try and accept Greasers again." I stuttered, fiddling with my fingers while keeping my gaze towards the ground.

I still could see a smirk form on his face from the corner of my eye. "Well, I hope it works."

"I hope it doesn't." I remarked, shooting him a playful grin.

He shook his head, narrowing his eyes at me. "You wanna fight, KoKo?"

I busted out laughing. "KoKo? That's a new one."

He shrugged, but then it looked like a light bulb went off in his brain. "KoKo-Puffs."

I started giggling. "Alright, Cheerios. I can take it."

"I'm glad both of our nicknames go with cereal brands." He laughed, running his hands through his greasy hair.

I smiled at him and for the first time, I realized just how cute Sodapop was. I never realized it before, but that was because I never glanced at him for more than a second.

But, now, as I gaze at his features in the dark, the only light shining from the DX, I finally realized he looked even better than Bob.

I shook my head, why would I say that? Bob just died.

"Like what you see?" He teased, noticing me staring at him.

I turned away, embarrassed, and tried to find an excuse, but no words could form in my mouth.

"Cat got your tounge?" Steve questioned, making both of us jump.

"You sure know how to scare the hell out of someone, Steve!" Soda shouted, making Steve laugh.

I scoffed. "He can scare anyone with those teeth."

Soda couldn't stop laughing and Steve just threw me the middle finger, making me gladly do it back.

"Well, I have to go. My parents are probably flipping out right now."

Steve waved his hand away. "Yeah, you go on home, Miss Prissy Soc. You won't be missed."

"Steve, smile for me." I grinned innocently and he furrowed his eyebrows, smiling for me.

I gasped. "Ohhh! So that's how they made the yellow brick road!"

Steve's mouth dropped and Soda was laughing so hard, his face was turning as red as my shirt.

I cracked a smile and started walking off. "You two boys have a great night!"

"Be careful walking home, KoKo-Puffs!" Soda shouted from behind me, making me grin.

I turned around, raising my arms out. "I'm a Soc, why would I need to be careful?"

"You always need to be careful in this town."

I just didn't know how careful I needed to be.

→←

a short chapter, but hey, I updated!

this was also a filler chapter, but I hope you liked the little banter at the end.

peace out

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502 34 13
Promises being broken can lead to hearts breaking and mistakes being made. Fellow Stays please don't hate me for this story...hope you like it.
11.6K 243 18
Sodapop Fanfic All rights to SE Hinton
86.5K 679 35
Short Stories and Imagines for the Outsiders. Requests are welcome/encouraged !!
8.2K 279 30
Having a curse that was passed down to me. The curse that just won't go away. The curse that ruined my entire life. [COMPLETED]