Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 26: Trapped
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 23: amidst the palm

143 29 0
By thebadgirl05

        "These bastards." Alfreed spat as we surveyed the area. The bastards she was ranting on about had taken hostages inside the mall and that was a serious problem since they were scattered on every floor and there were more or less than a thousand humans in there.

       "Harumi, that's it. You begin from the last floor, I'll start on the first floor. We need to teach these sorry creatures some lessons." Alfreed said with spite in her voice as she stood up and made her knuckles sound.

         I just shrugged. Knowing her, there's nothing else I can do to stop her from beating those evil humans senseless.

        "Just make sure you kill no one. First Lord's orders. After that, erase everyone's memories." I reminded her and she huffed before she sprinted off towards the main entrance of the mall.

           I noisily exhaled as I looked at the top floor of the building. Without further delays, I took of into the sky, heading for the top to begin my mission.

        A few minutes later and I crashed into the ceiling of the building, a perfect circular hole on the ceiling done by my barrier. I just hope the place wouldn't cave in or I'm in trouble. I looked around and grimaced at the scene I saw.

       Muriel said every human had darkness in them, in this case, this wretched humans have exceeded that and are worse than demons. How infuriating. Now I understand why no Azerothian dared hope live in this type of world.

        One cannot be tainted by darkness or they will turn to demons. I'm glad all Azerothians knows that.

        "Now, what shall I do first?" I asked myself with a sigh as I saw the stupefied humans surrounding me.

         A second after, they opened fire at me but I just brushed my hair back as my barrier melted what they called bullets into nothingness and I simply crossed my arm.

        Of course, I didn't do just that, I quietly created barriers around the human captives for them not to intervene in the mission. I can't fight and protect them at the same time.

         They finally stopped firing after some time much to my relief but I rose a brow when they pointed their guns at the civilians making the humans scream in terror and fear.

         "Quietly surrender to us or we'll kill them all." The leader it seems, threatened me and I scowled.

          "You heartless beings. How can you kill your fellow humans?" I spat at them but they didn't give any reaction at the least and I was then sure these weren't humans.

         "Surrender or they die." The leader repeated and I let the scowl leave my face as I smirked.

          "You heartless people!" A woman screamed while crying as she held her crying child in her arms and one of the armed men in the place pointed his gun at them.

          "Kill her." the leader ordered, his sharp gaze never leaving me as the child of the woman cried louder.

        A large gunshot echoed in the air as the humans screamed and I watched in content. The woman had her arms wrapped securely around her child making me smile but more than that, an old man tried to protect them just the same.

        Of course, none of them was hit thanks to my barrier. Now I'm glad I know there are still people with kind hearts.

          The people opened their eyes as they looked at the old man in amazement who was funnily confused why a bullet didn't pierce his body.

         "What the---" The bastard who shot off the bullet continuously fired bullets to the old man but not a single one hit its mark as bullet shells fell on the floor and the other captives watched in amazement until the bastard ran out of bullets.

        "Humans, run away now. Don't worry. You won't get hurt because I will be protecting you. Nothing can hurt you now." I said reassuringly as the captives turned to look at me.

         They looked at me with doubts in their eyes before they exchanged looks with each other. I waited for them to follow my instructions and after some time, one stood up.

          "open fire." The leader of the bastards said and bullets zoomed to the guy who stood up and closed his eyes but opened them a second later when no bullets hit him.

         "I-I'm alive... I'm still alive!" The guy shouted in disbelief and amazement and other people stood up.

       Bullets were fired every now and then as more and more stood up but no one got hurt and I watched in amusement as the armed wicked humans began to panic.

       I flew a meter above the ground and spoke. "All of you leave now. I'll take care of these people." I said in a loud and clear voice as the humans who were dumbfounded stared at me.

        "No! Not yet!" Someone said, surprising me and I raised an eyebrow. Do they want to die?

        "Beat them up!" One of the humans shouted and angry yells filled the air as they angrily attacked the armed guys in mobs much to my astonishment.

         I just watched them with a smirk on my face, looks like I don't need to do anything at all, they're there to kindly do the work for me. Those bastards deserved what was happening. They had no heart, to the extents they'll kill hundreds of their fellow men. Tsk.

        "Angel!" I looked down and saw a girl with blonde hair below me, looking no more than twenty years old---no, five years old in human life. Ugh, the age references confuse me at times.

       The woman earlier was holding her and I smiled as I flew down when the child opened her arms for a hug as I chuckled. There's no harm there since the little girl was such an adorable little creature herself. So cute and so innocent.

       "I am no angel dear one, I'm just a simple creature." I said and gave her the hug she wanted. She smelled like strawberry and it was so sweet, just like her. I heard her giggles as she played with my hair and her little hands touched my cheeks. So warm....

         "I don't understand what in the world is going on but thank you. Thank you so much for saving us." The woman said and I turned to her, her eyes filled with tears and a grateful look on her face as I smiled warmly at her.

        "No biggie."

---------------------   

      We sat there in a daze with what we heard from cyan. What? Why? Why was..

       "He shouldn't. I know he's mad that that guy shot me but he doesn't need to dirty his hand." Zephyr said and we silently watched the two.

        Rex inhaled deeply and sighed as he stepped closer to Cyan whose eyes were still burning with rage and the second ranker held his hand reassuringly before he whispered something to Cyan that we couldn't hear.

           But then, Cyan gave a defeated sigh as he looked down at the ground, his cyan hair covering his eyes, his lips formed in a thin line.

         "Now. What should we do with----- Muriel duck!" Rex shouted and I followed without further ado, something flew past my head and buried itself on the ground and I saw that it was a tranquilizer just like the one that hit Ryouta.

        Dread filled me and I watched as those things rained from everywhere. We were lucky none was hitting us since telekinesis was that useful.

         Panic overwhelmed me and I quickly went near the other kids when I watched in horror as Rex got hit by three tranquilizer. One on his leg, two on his back when he tried to cover up Cyan who got hit on the shoulder.

        "Ahhhhhhh!" Rex screamed when something hit his stomach and I screamed loudly when I saw a spear hit his stomach and pinned him to the ground.

        Rex spat out blood and Cyan cursed as he broke free from the roots that Rex bound him in at first. He knelt down but Rex was already unconscious.

        "Muriel!" One of the children cried out and I held Mae close to me as she cried in fright.

        I saw Cyan curse under his breath for the second time and bit his lip before he ran towards us even when it was clear that he wanted to remain by the second ranker's side.

      no... Rex...

       "All of you hold hands!" He yelled at us but there was actually no need for him to shout that when we're cuddled altogether already.

        From the corner of my eyes, I saw a great number of armed men coming in from nowhere in swarms and some were headed already to Rex.

       Before I could say anything else, Cyan held my hand and we all twisted in the air. I felt myself twist like air and the next thing I knew, we were already at the house in the woods the earth below us as we still held tight to each other.

           Cyan immediately let go of me and I knew what he was planning so I grabbed his arms. If he'll go there, he'll only get hurt. I want to go back to Mikael myself but I can't leave these kids alone.

       "You can't-----"

       "I have to Muriel. I can't leave Rex alone. Wait for the others. I'm saving him." he said with determination and gently pulled away his arm.

        "I'll be back." He said and left as I was left there with the kids and Mother Hayne.

         I sighed deeply as I brushed Mae's hair soothingly when Mother Hayne spoke.

        "Where are we?" she asked, her voice trembling as she looked around and I smiled reassuringly at her.

        "We're at our house Mother. You'll be safe here." I said and she smiled back as I helped her up and the other children did so too.

         "Are you alright Zephyr?" I asked with concern at the boy who just literally near death's door earlier if not for Rex's help.

        He gave a cheeky grin. "Never better, big sister Muriel."

        I patted his head fondly and I advised them to settle down around the dining table as I gave them water and some food since they all looked hungry and I needed to attend to them.

         "Where's Rex? Where's my best friend?" Zephyr asked as they ate and I grew anxious again as I bit my nails.

         "He's with the--- someone. They went to save other hostages other than you and we seemed to have just played in the palms of the sick mad scientist." I said sourly and Zephyr's face was filled with worry.

         "Will he be fine?"

         "He's with the strongest guy in Winga---- on Earth. I hope he is." I answered and the children's eyes sparkled and a chuckle left my throat.

         "Yes, yes. You'll meet him soon... I hope." I said, whispering the last two words as I nervously drank water.

        "Is there anyone else in this house?" Jim asked and I suddenly looked at  the stairs when I remembered Mikael under a spell and my heart hammered inside me. He couldn't be...

         I gulped a lump in my throat as I stood up. "I'll go check on something alright? All of you just stay here and wait for me." I said and they nodded their heads while I proceeded to climb the stairs.

           As I got nearer to Ryouta's room, the louder my heart beat went and I finally stopped outside his door. It's impossible. They said that no humans can see through Cyan's illusion. It's impossible right?

        I reached for the door knob and pushed it open, my throat going dry as I quickly turned away and strode down to the kitchen where the others were after I grabbed my things and other important things like all the gems in our possession and Leo's lacrima which took me a long time searching since his room was a mess like someone searched it first.

       All the other rooms were the same but well, we were just glad that we hid them properly in secret places in the walls where in only an Azerothian could define.

      We need to get out of this place... ASAP.

---------------

        I felt dizzy and I know it was something connected to that thing that hit me earlier. Damn those bastards. How dare they hurt Rex?! I'll kill them! My feet finally touched solid ground and I growled angrily when I saw those bastards with their filthy fingers on Rex.

        "Get away from him you wretched humans! Don't you dare touch him with your filthy fingers!" I angrily yelled, my anger towards humans intensifying all the more and all the plants around me died away, even those that were under those men's foots.

          Seeming to be taken aback by what happened, the men backed off from the second ranker as I took steps forward towards them.  Wicked looking thorns appearing at my wake.

          I despise humans--no, scratch that, I abhor humans. How dare they. They gave me nothing but more reason to despise them more and other than that, they always brought me pain. These creatures are inferior to me, to us, yet they deem themselves the most powerful.

        I don't know how God can love such sinful beings. How he tends to take in all their sins and be pained but still accept them. I abhor them all.

       My hands were itching to kill... to shed blood. And I have no plans on holding that back---

       "Don't do something that you'll regret later on. Don't repeat the same mistake."

       Rex's pained message earlier made me clench my fist helplessly. A mistake... I already did it, why can't I repeat the same again?

       I was itching to kill them. I've already bloodied my hands. What's the point in acting like I haven't. It's pointless... but... why. Why do I heed the second ranker's plea?

       I looked at his unmoving figure and my head was screaming for me to kill those who have dared hurt him. To shed their blood.

       "Don't. Don't repeat the same mistake if you'll just regret them again." Rex's same words from the moment we met kept echoing in my mind and I shut my eyes as I forced down my blood lust.

          Remembering what his face always looked like when he said those... my heart clenched without a reason and pain pierced through me.

        Why, does this damn brat have this effect on me?

        "Surrender or he dies." I looked up at the cold familiar voice and my eyes sprang open as I opened my eyes, that voice. That familiar voice. I froze as I slowly looked up.

        I finally looked up and my eyes widened when I saw the guy. That silver hair and red eyes.

       "M-Mikael?" the word rolled off my tongue and left a bad taste in my mouth as I took in his appearance.

        Then and there, I felt that something was wrong. He stood next to Rex's body, his posture rigid. A spear made of solidified water in his hands.

        "What are you----"

        "Surrender or he dies." He repeated the same words he said earlier. Like a machine's stoic voice. Lacking emotion and blank.

        My hands balled into fists at my side as anger rose in me and I looked at the nearest guy near me. In a flash, my hands were on his neck and I squeezed.

        "What the hell did you do to him?!" I growled in a dangerous low tone, my eyes sending daggers to him. The man only looked at me with a petrified look in his eyes. What did they do to him?!

        Before I could punch the daylights out of him, someone kicked me in the stomach, sending me skidding back across the lawn of dead grass.

        I coughed in pain because of the force as I clutched my stomach and looked at Mikael who was now stepping towards me. I stared into his eyes, hoping that he was still there but his eyes were lifeless and blank as he closed in.

          "Surrender." The words came out of his mouth as he walked and I gritted my teeth. How dare they do this to the people I care about. How dare these humans?!

        I charged and punched him in the face before I kicked him hard on the guts sending him down to the ground.

        "Wake up Mikael!" I said as I gave him another punch and firmly clutched his collars and shook him, trying to put some sense in to him and hoping that he wakes up already.

        "Wake up!" I screamed but he looked like he was in a daze. I saw something from the corner of my eyes and I jumped away just in time as he swung his spear, successfully tearing through my shirt and made a shallow cut across my chest.

        I flinched at the pain but chose to shrug it off as I readied myself while Mikael stood up. His eyes still lifeless. I never wanted to fight my comrade and friend but... this was an exception as of the moment. If he defeats me, Rex, he and I will be done for.

         He attacked but since his movements were a little sluggish, I managed to dodge and swipe him off his feet. I stood up and was about to knock him unconscious when I felt something.

       I sensed two presences near Rex and I turned around, growling when I saw that two men were by Rex.

        "Get the hell away from him you incompetent------" I stopped in my tracks as my eyes widened.

        I felt a rusty flavor in my mouth and I coughed as my own blood dripped from the corner of my mouth and I slowly looked down, my body going numb as pain washed over me.

        I saw Mikael's spearhead protruding in my stomach, my blood dripping in droplets of red and my shirt getting soaked by the dull color.

       "M-Mikael."

       I looked behind me and saw Mikael, firmly holding his spear and he pulled it out, making me fall to my knees as a new wave of pain overcame me and my surroundings were becoming blurred.

         Looking in front of me, I saw the guys pulling out the spear from Rex as my vision turned dimmer.

       "N-ooooo. Noooooo!!!!!! What did you make me do?!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!" I heard Mikael's scream and I heard his spear fall to the ground as my senses failed.

        "Someone shoot him with tranquilizer! The drug is wearing off!"

        Mikael's loud anguished and pained yell was the last thing I heard before the world vanished and I passed out.

---------

          "No! Harumi!" I angrily shouted as I saw her fall to the ground, something glowing a bright green wrapped around her body as I angrily attacked the enemies around me, not caring about the numerous number of enemies surrounding me.

        I was too blinded by anger that I soon picked up a gun and fired at whom I can see but not daring to kill any human. Not yet... Not until they pull the last straw.

       "You fvcking humans! How dare you-----" I stopped and looked at my leg. Something strange was piercing my flesh and I watched as something liquid drained--- I cussed and pulled it out but the effect was working already and I could feel my eyelids slowly drooping.

             I growled, trying to fight the dizziness away but it was no use as I fell on the ground when two other similar things hit my back. These humans. I hate them.

--------

        "Violet! Run!" Leo shouted at me as he fended off the numerous number of enemies that came swarming from nowhere but I shook my head.

        "There's no way I'll leave you behind." I firmly stated and fought back to back with him with a sword made out of ice in my hand.

        Never have I deemed humans to ever invent things that could affect us in anyway with our powers, but nothing was actually impossible in this if they were playing dirty.

        "Surrender now or your friends will die." A voice said and we looked towards a particular place. I took in a sharp intake of breath when we saw Alfreed and Harumi, both unconscious, numerous guns pointed at them.

        One wrong move and a bullet can take away any of the two's life, worse case, both of them will die.

         The man who spoke gave a triumphant smirk as I gritted my teeth. I would love to shred these bastards into pieces but... killing even these wicked creatures was a no in Azeroth, it will only be possible for us twelve if Lord Leirum will allow us.

        Not that he can't but because he deemed it unworthy to dirty our hands with filthy blood. Other than that, we will be branded murderers and we can't have that since there were some who were candidates for thrones.

       "Well?" The annoying bastard asked us while he pressed his gun against Harumi's forehead. My grip around my sword became tighter but Leo soon touched my hand and shook his head and my shoulders slackened.

        "Capture them!"

-------------

        Well guys, here's the early update. I don't know when I will be update next time but earliest is maybe Thursday.

       Pardon me but please do understand that school is a rip off. Other than that, don't forget to comment, vote and follow.

      Love ya guys.

      -thebadgirl05 at your service

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
32 0 19
"Monsters exist. Heroes died. Hell has taken over the world, put humans into slavery, killed men, women, and children, but there are still warriors...
2.6K 93 24
"Yo this shit is false product!"That's all I said as I pulled the trigger launching bullets in the chest of the leader to the East Side Crips that tr...
110K 3.6K 40
"Are you willing to risk everything?" He asked, leaning his face in closer until our foreheads touched and our lips were barely an inch apart. His bl...