The Possessive Creator (Book...

By Kissmeyoufool

*Book One in the "Possessive Creator" series* Lucy has been fearfully running from her creator for almost a... More

~Prologue~
(1) Past
(2) Present
(3) Past
(4) Present
(5) Past
(6) Present
(7) Past
(8) Present
(9) Past
(10) Present
(11) Past
(12) Present
(13) Past
(14) Present
(15) Past
(16) Present
(17) Past
(18) Present
(19) Past
(20) Present
(21) Past
(22) Present
(23) Present
(24) Present
(25) Present
(26) Present
*Bonus Chapter* (1) Xavier's POV 1920's
*Bonus Chapter* (2) Xavier's POV: 2012
*Bonus Chapter* (3) Xavier's POV: 2012

*Bonus Chapter* (4) Xavier's POV: 2012

5.7K 172 33
By Kissmeyoufool

*Special Note from Author* 

Because I am writing these chapters of Xavier's POV based on readers' requests, they may be out of order or jumbled. This chapter was highly requested and is of the "breakup" scene. Enjoy! :)

....................................................................................................................................

                                                     *Bonus* Present: 2012

I couldn't close my eyes, not even when the sun came up. I would just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling, listening to every move Lucy made in the bathroom next to me. Her words from last night haunted me, making me unable to sleep.

She wanted to leave me.

Growling, I jumped out of bed and stood at the bathroom door, ready to talk sense into her. But when I tried the doorknob I realized she had locked the door. It was because she feared Elizabeth after being stabbed by her, of course. What other reason would she have to lock the door?

With my back against the door, I sat down and leaned my head back as I listened to Lucy's occasional movements in the bathtub she slept in. It soothed me more than anything to hear her so close. The only way I'd be able to fall asleep was if I were able to hold her, or even simply touch her. I wanted her closer than a room away. But she wouldn't even look at me before locking herself in the bathroom.

Does she realize how much agony she has caused me with her words? I couldn't understand why she would threaten to leave after everything we've been through. Did she not realize I have spent years trying to reunite us? Years. And I know she was just as overjoyed as I was when we finally reunited. I know she was. We made love three times, and that is not something someone does when they hate someone. I just wish Lucy would quit being so stubborn about it.

Yet, I still feared I would wake up and her not be there.

Feared is a rather understatement, I suppose. If Lucy knew the amount of times I haven't been able to sleep because of her, maybe she would understand. After the first time she left me, which was for another man, I was unable to close my eyes for even a moment's rest. It took years to finally feel at ease enough to sleep, but only with her in my arms. Sleeping after that became peaceful, perfection. And then she left me again, and I doubt I'll ever sleep soundly again.

She threatened to leave because she knew it was the worst way to hurt me. She threatened because she was still bitter over what happened with her ex-lover, Axel. I know how Lucy is. I know her better than anyone could possibly comprehend. I also knew she was scared. She was scared of what might happen if she stopped pretending I was the monster. That's why she wants to leave, and she threatens me with leaving because she still wants to believe I am a monster.

What if I granted Lucy's wish? What if I broke the spell that ties our lives together? While I wasn't fond of the idea of us no longer having our lives tied to one another, I could fix it for her. If I fixed it, if I gave her this out of love, she would stay.

I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket, intending to call the old witch I had here before. However, I realized the old hag I had here before was barely able to even put up the spell to keep Elizabeth in the house. I needed someone who would not only break the spell that ties my life to El's, but also break the one to ties Lucy's life to mine.

It still bothered me to break the spell between Lucy and me. I knew it would mean I would have to find another way at death if Lucy died, not that I would ever allow harm to her. My decision to end my existence if Lucy was no longer on this earth was set in stone in 1921, and I haven't swayed my decision. Why would I? This spell made it far easier for me. At least I would perish the second Lucy had, and we would be together wherever we go after death. Though, deep down, I did wonder if we would end up at the same place. After all, I have quite a few skeletons in my closet and Lucy, sweet Lucy, had hardly any.

After much thought on what to do, I scrolled through my contacts and found one of the first names at the top to be my answer.

Angelica.

Angelica was a young witch I had had a one-night stand with, so to speak. I had only slept with her to get information on Lucy's whereabouts. It was yet another regret on my part, but the witch was rather insistent. She is highly attracted to vampires, whether it be for the thrill or it be her way at rebelling against her family, I'm not quite sure. After our night together, which led to no useful information, she has been rather eager for me to see her again. I suppose, with a slightly dark reputation as mine, she has had her eye on me in particular. It could be used to my advantage considering witches usually ask for something in return, but I doubted she would even ask for gas money. She has, after all, sent dozens of texts to me I had never responded to. But she was the only option I had, especially considering she was the closest.

Bringing Angelica here would be rather awkward, I suppose. I wasn't fond of seeing the woman again. But if it made Lucy happy to have this spell removed, I'll have to bare it. Even though I was still burning over Lucy's harsh words, I didn't want her to know what had happened between me and Angelica. I didn't want to hurt her, though her words and attitude lately has had me questioning if she would even care.

I sent Angelica a text, asking her for her assistance as well as sent her the address. The only information I provided was that there were two spells and they were both the same, and I also explained the spell enough in hopes she would know exactly what it was. She replied within a minute, and another text was sent five minutes later saying she was on her way.

I didn't realize it was already becoming night again. After staying up the entire day, I didn't feel at my best. But I knew I had to handle El now so Angelica can break the curse.

I rocked myself to my feet and unlocked El's door to unchain her and bring her into the other room. She looked up at me, grinning madly as she watched me walking towards her. Her appearance was awful, with clothes ripped and shredded and her hair knotted and frizzed out. But I wasn't even remotely sorry for her, and there was no way in hell I was going to help her.

"Came for a quick one, lover?" she asked, flashing her teeth. "Just like old times, although I believe you used to be the one in chains. I much prefer you being in chains."

My thoughts went back to those nights and I immediately banished the memories. "I'm not here for that, and I'm also not here to drive a knife in your side as you used to do to me."

She frowned, getting onto her knees as her wild eyes looked over me. "It's been a while for me, as you know. From what I remember, you were quite good in bed. Might as well have some fun considering your lover won't even look at you."

This was why I thought about gagging her when I first brought her here. Elizabeth's favorite things to talk about were usually disturbing or intended to cause agony. She loved to cause pain. She loved watching her victim's face as she inflicted it. But I refused to give it to her and simply remained cold. "I will never touch you in that way again. I think I'd rather be eaten alive slowly by worms than even think about it."

Her frown deepened, clearly upset over me not reacting as she thought I would. "It's humorous because I bet your lover feels the same about you. She will take worms over you."

El grinned widely when those words broke through my coldness. She hit my weakness and I wasn't able to recover as quickly. I snatched her chains and began dragging her down the hall as she giggled and sang those words over and over again.

"Worms over you! Worms over you!" she sang as drilled a new hook in the floor and chained her up in the living room.

I grew frustrated with her Despite knowing she was a lunatic who lied, I was just low enough to let her words cut at me. Lucy would choose you over everything because she loves you. She's just so damn stubborn! I took a deep breath, as if it would do any good, but still couldn't shake the words out of my head.

Once I made sure El was secured in the living room, went to the bathroom to get Lucy up. I knocked roughly on the door, possibly too roughly, and waited impatiently for Lucy to get up. Everything seemed to be getting on my last nerve, whether it was because I had stayed up the entire day or because of El's words, I wasn't sure.

A thump sounded after I knocked, followed by a "Damn it!" Concerned, I wanted to open the door and see how Lucy injured herself, as she tends to do often, but was reminded about the door being locked. Yet another frustration. I was close to asking her "Why in the hell is this door always locked?" but decided against it.

Lucy opened the door, seeming rather annoyed by me. Her annoyance, on top of everything else, made my anger boil.

"I found a witch. She'll be here soon," I informed her.

Her annoyance melted into confusion as she gave me a slight nod.

I turned away and went into the living room, deciding it best for me to sit next to El and for Lucy to keep her distance. Because talking last night led only to harsh words, I decided silence might change Lucy's attitude. If she wanted to behave like a child, as she had last night, she was going to have to sit there and think about her actions.

It was difficult to even look in her direction after El's words, and it annoyed me how I had listened to them. Lucy didn't speak, and this annoyed me further. It also bothered me how she had her body turned away from me, as if to show she was ignoring me as well.

The doorbell sounding broke the tension and I immediately hopped up to answer it. I opened the door and looked at Angelica with a slight smile, hoping my charm would be enough to get her to do this.

And it did.

She was practically beaming up at me, a finger twirling her long, dark hair as her eyes looked into mine. But when I stepped back so she could enter, her eyes immediately locked onto Lucy and her face twisted into a grimace. I suppose I should have told her Lucy was here, but it didn't matter.

"El, Lucy, this is Angelica," I introduced as I gave a mannerly wave towards her.

Angelica looked around the room, her body tense and her smile tight. It only occurred to me now how I had been with everyone in the room, and I believe Angelica came to this realization before I had. "You wanted both removed, correct?" she asked, now seeming hesitant about the matter.

My eyes met Lucy's because I wanted her to know I was willing to do this for her. Even if she was still bitter over whatever thing she claims I have done, I wanted her to know this was all for her. "Yes."

Angelica shifted and looked down at her bag. "It'll take a bit for me to find it in my gran's book..." She began pulling a book possibly older than me out of her bag, still keeping her eyes down. "Can I sit in the kitchen?"

I knew she wanted to sit in there to avoid being around Lucy, which was for the best. "Go ahead." I gestured towards the kitchen and pulled a chair out for her.

She looked up at me, her eyes roaming over my face and my lips as she smiled. "Thank you, Xavier," she said with a slight seductive edge to her tone.

Even though I wasn't even interested in the girl, I must admit, I enjoyed the attention. After having been shouted and threatened with harsh words, I found the girl's interest rather soothing. If only it came from Lucy.

When I went to take a seat beside Angelica, I noticed confusion in Lucy's eyes. Lucy was never the greatest at hiding her emotions, which was one of the many reasons I love her. I wondered what her confusion was about. Was it the witch? Was she confused why the witch wasn't the same as the last one? Was she confused about me ignoring her?

"Found it!" Angelica practically shouted, breaking my thoughts.

She leapt up and yanked open several drawers until she found a knife. I stood up and followed her back into the living room, ready to get this over and done with.

"It looks simple enough. Xavier, you take this knife and make a slight cut into your hand and then make a small cut into Elizabeth's hand. You both have to drink a little of each other's blood as I say these words."

I cringed at the thought of having Elizabeth's blood touch my tongue. I sat down beside El and we practically glared at each other as I cut my hand before cutting hers. Giving her a warning glare to not bite my hand off, I pressed my hand to her mouth and felt almost violated during the entire process. Angelica spoke words I could barely understand during all of this, and I almost let out a sigh of relief the moment it was over.

Turning my attention to Lucy, my attitude of the process changed entirely. She looked so sweet and innocent sitting there, watching all of this happen in front of her. While I was highly against having to hurt her in the slightest, I was rather intoxicated by the thought of being near her again. It feels like it has been decades since I have even felt her softness.

My fingers wrapped around her wrist gently to hold her palm steady. I made sure to make the cut shallow and quick so she wouldn't feel too much pain. I cannot say I did the same for El, who was still trying to stop the bleeding. Once Lucy's cut began to pool with a bit of blood, I cut my palm again in a different area and held it out to Lucy.

I pressed my lips to Lucy's palm delicately, and all of my frustration and rage melted when her lips pressed into my palm. Her touch does something almost more powerful than magic. It doesn't matter what mood I am in; when Lucy touches me, I practically melt. And though this was all to break a spell, and though this would untie our lives, I was lost in her touch. I ran my tongue over the cut, ridding the taste of El from my mouth with Lucy's blood, and almost moaned when Lucy copied my movement.

Lucy pulled away first, and I only then realized Angelica had finished the spell. I was almost breathless, which speaks volumes for a vampire who doesn't even need to breathe. The lust was too much, and my emotions were too high.

"Okay, I guess that's all... Do you mind if I grab a beer? This stuff always makes me on edge," Angelica stated with her eyes locking onto mine.

Apparently the fact my mate was here didn't drive Angelica away. It was clear she actually didn't want to leave quite yet. I would have told her to just leave, but I realized Lucy was once more acting cold towards me. It was more painful than having to taste El's blood.

"Yeah, go ahead," I replied, deciding I would rather have Angelica here than spend the rest of the night sitting in front of Lucy's door as she continued to ignore me.

Still coming down from the intensity of touching Lucy, as well as the frustration of not receiving any attention from her after having done this entire thing for her, I went into the bathroom to collect my thoughts and get a bandage.

When I heard the light steps I would forever recognize, I grabbed another bandage and tried not to think of what Lucy was about to say to me. Was she going to say something harsh once more? Was she going to take another stab at me with her words? I kept my expression calm and didn't say a word as I turned around and immediately began wrapping her hand up. I made sure it was tight in case Lucy, forever the klutz and danger magnet, somehow managed to open the cut further. I would give her some blood to make it heal faster, but I knew she'd fight me on it.

Stubborn woman.

"Thanks..." she muttered as I tied the knot and gave it one last look.

She was still being distant, almost cold. She paid me more attention when I was talking to Angelica. Right now she wouldn't even look at me properly, and it brought more frustration. It felt like nothing I did for her changed the way she treated me.

I gave her a nod, hoping further silence would make her act differently. And she did, but not in a way I had even suspected.

"Did you sleep with her?" she asked in a rush, sounding almost breathless.

I was almost out of the room when she had spoken, and my legs locked into place at her words. I knew who she was talking about, but I didn't want her to know. I didn't want her to know I was unfaithful to us, even when we were apart. If I stood here and explained why I did it, I didn't think Lucy would ever forgive me even then. I couldn't put into words my regret. "Angelica?" I spoke slowly, fighting the miserable expression I could feel creeping across my face.

Her head nodded firmly, her expression almost fierce.

As much as I wanted to tell her no, to lie to her about it all and sweep my guilt under the rug, I couldn't. I never lie to Lucy. Hiding things that may worry her, yes, but lying was never something I could do to her. Even though she has lied to me, cheated on me, and cut at me with her words, I couldn't possibly stand here and lie to her as she had about Axel. "Yes, I did," I admitted, feeling my throat almost close in as I told her.

I wasn't sure what I had expected of Lucy after hearing this. Maybe she would shout at me for being a hypocrite? I was, in a way. But after seeing her fierce expression fade, I almost wished she had. "When?" she demanded, practically snapping the words out.

Her tone surprised me. "Maybe a few years back?"

"Oh..." Her eyes drifted from mine and focused on the floor.

She looked almost lost, and this new emotion coming from her made me forget entirely about where we were or who all was in the other room. "Does it...bother you?" I asked as I searched for an answer to what she might be thinking.

"No," she replied immediately.

The way she said it, I couldn't help but smile at her stubborn tone. For the past several hours I have been waiting for her to show me something that wasn't anger, and here it was. I have never seen Lucy jealous before, and while I hated for my actions to be the reason why she was jealous, I felt this intensity between us. She felt it, I know. But we also shared this connection, and I felt as if she finally understood why I simply cannot ever allow another man near her. Her jealousy meant she was on the brink of being in my arms soon, I just knew it. "It hurts, doesn't it?" I asked, but not to hurt her. I wanted her to understand my side; I wanted her to know why I've had to do the things I've done.

Knowing she wasn't going to reply, I turned away and went into the living room, hoping she would follow or at least stop me. But she didn't, and I was yet again at a loss. Frustrated, I planted myself next to Angelica, knowing at least she would look at me instead of constantly turn her back on me. And maybe, deep down, I wanted to know if Lucy was truly bothered by Angelica.

Lucy followed, but she didn't seem to react to Angelica as I hoped she would. But when I saw her grab a beer off the table and take several gulps, I realized Lucy was close to showing some reaction.

"Where is my blood I was promise?" my creator demanded, shaking her chains as she glared at me.

I quickly looked to make sure Lucy wasn't in danger of my creator and then looked at El with a sigh. "You'll get it later." In hell.

"So what have you been up to lately?" Angelica asked me, leaning closer as if Lucy wouldn't hear.

I despised small talk. "Eh, you know, the usual."

Her eyes roamed over me and remembered the way Lucy used to look at me, right before we would be intimate. Angelica's look wasn't close to as alluring as Lucy's, but I pretended to not be bored. She asked other things, which I replied with the nodding of the head and the occasional glance at Lucy. My boredom grew with each question.

My eyes immediately snapped over to Lucy when I heard something shatter. The bottle, no doubt. But when I looked over at her, ready to fight off El, I realized Lucy's eyes were practically blackened. She lunged forward, and I was prepared for her to attempt to hurt me, as if she could. But for once, I wasn't the target.

Angelica was.

I suppose I could have intervened and stopped Lucy, even in my shocked state. But I didn't. I've never seen Lucy violent before, except for the occasional slap during her childish moments. But this was beyond violent. She practically ripped Angelica to shreds. And I was so amazed by the intense jealous rage in Lucy, I could only stare.

Angelica's mangled body fell out of Lucy's bloodied arms, and it was as if the sweet and innocent Lucy re-entered her own body. She stood there, taking in the gory mess she had caused with absolute horror in her eyes. I didn't even look down at Angelica, though I didn't hear her heart beating. I focused on Lucy, on the emotion she had expressed which I had never seen. The connection between us only strengthened because, in that moment, we were the same.

I waited for Lucy to say it. I waited for her to tell me she understood and for us to be what we once were. I longed for it. But that wasn't what happened. Lucy was an absolute mess, physically and emotionally. She looked absolutely horrified, and I wanted nothing more than to take her into the other room and clean her up and for us to move on together. Instead, Lucy looked up at me as if I were more frightening than this room, and cried out, "I-I'm sorry!" before taking off out of the house faster than I had ever seen her run.

I leaped up, ready to chase her down, but El stopped me when she jumped towards Angelica's body with fangs exposed. "No you don't," I snapped, yanking her chains and causing her to be thrown backwards.

"You promised me blood! You promised!" she shrieked, reaching for the body with her fingers like claws.

I pulled her into her bedroom and locked her up, possibly snapping her neck so she would be quiet for a while. Once El was taken care of, I decided I needed to dispose of the body before Lucy were to come back, especially after she had reacted so fearfully of it. I buried the body in the backward, too eager to find Lucy to do anything clever with it.

Lucy wouldn't have gone too far, not in the state she was in. Thankfully, because of the blood, I could tell exactly where she had gone just by following the scent. The entire time I ran, full-speed, I thought how to talk Lucy down. She was such an emotional yet stubborn woman, I knew she needed to be talked to about what had happened. Most vampires would laugh about it, but Lucy was always the type to beat herself up.

But rather than finding Lucy sitting on a curb crying as I expected, I saw her walking towards some red sports car.

"You're not going to say goodbye?" I asked, trying my best not to lose my temper. Lucy was in a fragile state, just as I had been in 1937. Though I fragile state wasn't from killing the bastard, it was due to Lucy's cheating.

She turned immediately upon hearing my voice, seeming almost frightened to see me now standing in front of her. "There is nothing to say other than goodbye." She tried to get by me, but I wasn't about to let her leave, not after the great agony I have suffered to get her back.

I grabbed her wrist and forced her to stay. "I'm not angry, surprisingly. I am curious as to why you did it...?" Admit it, Lucy. Stop being so damn stubborn and admit it.

"Let go of my wrist," she snapped, fighting my hold, though she'd never be able to break it.

"Answer my question." You love me, you stubborn woman.

Afraid she might end up hurting herself from trying to break my grip, I allowed her to free her hand. She stood in front of the car she was aiming for, her back to me. "I'm not sure why. I'm not entirely sure what happened..."

I wanted to shake her because she was just too prideful to admit it. "You were jealous."

She immediately shook her head. "No, I—"

I cut her off, tired of her constant denial of how she feels, how she has always felt. "It was obvious, Lucy. You know what's worse than killing someone and lying about the reasons? Not admitting the real reason." You love me. Just say it.

"I. Don't. Know. What. Happened."

She did. I could see it in her haunted eyes, she knew. "Yes you do!" I snapped, my patience practically gone. "You were jealous and you're just too cowardly and thick-headed to admit it!" Say it. Say those words I need to hear now.

She practically snarled right before doing the most idiotic thing and smashing her fist right through the car window. The second I saw the blood beginning to drip from her hand I immediately forgot what we were arguing about. I reached out to grab her hand, to fix it as I've always done, but Lucy fought me. She shoved me back a few steps, fire burning in her eyes like I had never seen.

"LET GO OF ME!" she cried. "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

In that moment, I knew. I knew this wasn't our normal fight where we would argue and make up almost immediately. This wasn't her simply being stubborn. Looking into her eyes and seeing the rage, the hatred towards me, broke something inside of me. My heart, perhaps, because I knew she was never going to say those three words.

A pain, sharp and burning, spread through my chest and threatened to bring me to my knees. I didn't want her to see this, and I certainly didn't want her to watch me crumble. I was exhausted, so incredibly exhausted, I couldn't continue to attempt to win her over. I've done all I could, and that realization nearly made me double over in pain. Nothing I could ever do will ever be enough, will it? Over ninety-two years I have been trying, and I was too exhausted to continue fighting a losing battle. But I also knew, oh how painfully I knew, I had to let her go.

"You know what?" I began, choking back the agony threatening to claw out my insides. "I don't care anymore." The words came out, and I surprised myself how well I could lie. "You can do whatever or whoever the hell you want to! Go! Just leave!" And with those final lies, I could no longer bite be the agony, and her surprised expression informed me of my breaking mask.

Just run, Lucy.

But, even though I tried to make her leave with my harsh words, I hoped she would stay. I still held onto the hope of her saying those three words I have waited ninety-two years to hear.

Lucy squared her shoulders, her moment of regret fading immediately. "FINE!" she bellowed, jabbing a bloodied finger at me. "I will! I'll go find a man right now!"

My body became cold. So cold I wondered how I wasn't ice. Any moment, I knew I was going to entirely shatter. I never thought I could feel pain again after having been able to shut it off for centuries, but I did; I felt a pain worse than Elizabeth's torture. My eyes stung and I balled my hands into fists, my fangs extending at the thought of her being with another man, and tried to keep my voice from breaking. "Go to hell, Lucy," I stated, biting my cheek so hard I tasted blood. I wanted her to feel the agony I felt so badly, I was willing to say anything. "I've got a woman already, and she's waiting for me at home. So have a nice existence."

My legs were practically glued in place, yet I used what little strength I had left in me to turn away from her. If I thought her words were agony, turning away from the only thing I have ever loved was absolute torture. My vision was blurred and something I hadn't felt in decades was dripping down my face.

Tears.

I walked, stiffly, and I kept my eyes forward. Each step shot pain through my chest, and I wondered if a vampire could turn to dust at a broken heart. If they could, I would be the one to prove it. Yet, despite everything we had said, I still waited for her voice to stop me.

But she didn't.

My entire existence didn't matter anymore. I no longer had anything. My chest ached so painfully I actually began to claw at my chest until blood formed. I clawed and clawed, feeling only heartache instead of the pain of the fresh wounds. My walking was robotic until, without warning, my legs gave out from under me and I fell to my knees in the middle of the road.

She didn't fight for me.

I let out a strangled sound and I couldn't stop cutting into my chest with my fingernails.

This entire time, how foolish have I been? I've been so blind.

Worms over you.

Those words rang in my head and I slammed my fist into the concrete below, causing several bones to break in my hand. I welcome the physical pain, though it was hardly a distraction from the internal agony of heartbreak.

You did it, Lucy. You have finally destroyed the monster.

I rolled onto my back, my bloodied and broken hand draped over the gashes across my broken heart. I pictured her, the woman who has been the only reason for me to exist, and felt further burning in my chest. How could she do this to me? She knew exactly what to say to kill me.

She would choose anyone over me. I have never been anyone's first choice.

How do you continue living when you've lost your purpose? How do you continue moving when the one thing you loved rips your heart out? I didn't know how to even think of a life without her.

I didn't want a life without her.

For the first time, I actually considered death. Hell would be better than living here with my soulmate wishing me dead. I could do it; I could end this misery myself. I just needed a stake.

Bringing myself to my feet with a new mission, I stumbled towards the trees nearby in hopes of finding anything that could end the pain. Spotting a dead branch, I reached up and snapped it, ready to leave this misery behind me. But as I held the stake to my already bloodied chest, I couldn't help but think of how vulnerable Lucy was to danger. If I ended myself right here, who would protect her?

I dropped the branch and stood there, absolutely lost. Even though she caused me this much agony, I knew I couldn't just abandon her. I couldn't simply leave her to fend for herself, even if she despised me. But I also couldn't stand by her and watch as she possibly found love with another man.

More pain shot through me at this thought. What if she found love with another man? Another man gets to hear those three words, touch her soft skin, and wake up to her smiling. Another man gets to live the fantasy I always dreamt of with Lucy, one I had always been certain of. It killed me to think of her saying those words to someone else, especially after I have spent nearly a century trying to be the man she has wanted me to be. A century of keeping her alive, of taking bullets for her, and bringing her things she loves to just get a smile from her.

I was torn. Ripped right down the center. Should I end the misery here before I witness her sharing a part of herself to another man, a part I've been desiring for a century? Should I just exist, just in case she ever needed me to protect her?

I chose to exist, but only for her.

If I find out she has found someone else, I'll end myself. I would rather be dust on this earth than to see Lucy with another man. And while I suppose I could continue ended the men who are also sucked into her beauty, I knew I couldn't do it forever. Even though this absolute mental and physical torture was overwhelming and only cause by her, I couldn't keep her from happiness.

But I also couldn't simply exist in this much agony.

I began walking again, walking towards the house where everything had fallen apart. My eyes focused on a liquor store not too far from me and I went towards it without hesitation. It would only numb the pain, just a little. But I needed it to exist.

The cashier was absolutely horrified when I walked in, seeing my bloodied physical state. I snapped his neck before he could even scream. After, I immediately snatched bottles off the shelves and began my walk back to the house where El was still waiting. I suppose I'll kill her later, when I have the strength to. Now I just wanted to numb the entire world around me. I wanted to forget more than anything.

When I arrived at the house, my arms full of bottles, I immediately stepped into the bathroom where Lucy's stuff still was. Popping open one of the bottles, I climbed into the tub she had been sleeping in and held one of her shirts to my nose. The second I smelled the hint of cherry in her clothing, I felt a bolt of pain in my chest and immediately began glugging the bottle in my hand.

If she needs me, I will come. But for now, I would erase her and every emotion within me.

.................................................................................................................

Hey guys! 

This chapter was an emotionally tough one to write. Of course, I had always known what Xavier was going through when I wrote the scene in Lucy's POV, but actually writing it in Xavier's POV was rather tough. Also super long because Xavier has a lot of feelings. 

This chapter was the most requested to write and was first requested by Cliche-Is-My-Name :) I hope you all enjoyed it! 

Was this how you imagined Xavier would feel at this time? Are you surprised? Let me know your thoughts below! And if you have any more requests on which chapters you want in his POV, leave them down below! (If you have any you want from My Possessive Creator, let me know and I'll write them and put them in book two!) Currently in the making in his POV is the scene after this of Lucy confessing her love and when Lucy first ran from Xavier with Axel's help. :) 

Have a lovely weekend! 

-Currie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3M 422K 46
Book #1 in the Royal Secret Trilogy It all happened one night eight years ago. A few words spoken to shake a tiny heart with fear. Running and hiding...
11M 713K 83
(Sequel to Two Gangs and a Golden Girl) *** "If you even think about touching me, I will literally rip off your arm," I growl when Xavier prowls clos...
90.2K 3.1K 42
"I trusted you Xavier. You said you'll never leave. You said you loved me. Like a fool I am I believed you" she said in a broken defeated voice. "Wel...
9.8M 373K 56
BOOK NOT EDITED. Wrote this at 15 years old. IF YOU LOVE HUMANxVAMPIRE ROYALTY, MY NEW BOOK BY BLOOD AND DOWNFALL WILL BE UPDATED IN 2023 Highest R...