My Sire Is A Myth

By Lady_Escapist

My head snapped to the side as he slapped me forcefully on the cheek. I kept my head down not allowing him to... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Bonus chapter

Chapter 24

18K 970 113
By Lady_Escapist

Hey....I hope you will love this chapter!
The song....just inspirational music

Spare a vote?

-Vrykólakas 

Avery's POV

I hunched over still clutching my chest, I had no clue as to what was happening to me. My eyes were burning and I blinked rapidly several times but it didn't seem to go away. 

Suddenly a guard appeared in front of the cell door.

"Why did you yell", he asked harshly.

"I am....... in pain", I wheezed between breaths.

The guards expression was emotionless.

"Please help", I begged as the guard turned to leave.

A steady burn ripped through my body and I fought for my breath. Even the air that filled my lungs seemed to be boiling vapor. 

When the cell door opened again I was to weak to look who had entered. I was lying with my back on the floor, my eyes closed and breathing hard.

"Drink", came the solid command of Joel's voice.

I opened my eyes and saw that he was holding a bottle of water.

When I attempted to sit up, I slumped back with a groan. Joel bent down and propped me up and sat the bottle against my lips.

The water hit my throat with a refreshing twinge but when it came to my stomach it clenched in a painful cramp. Instantly I gagged and coughed forcefully.

Joel bestowed me with a questioning look and when I made no attempts to answer he asked,

"What was that?"

"I don't know," I whispered for lack of voice.

"Here try again", he said.

As the second swallow hit my stomach the cramp was more severe and I curled up yelling in pain.

"Well what do you want?", He asked frustrated.

I was terrified to tell him that Sir Castor had given me his blood so I decided against it. Adding to that, I wasn't sure if it had helped me or made it worse

"I don't know what's wrong.", I whispered again.

Joel walked slowly out of the cell and  gave me a frustrated look. I glanced up at him through foggy eyes for my vision seemed to blur.

After a while of intense cramps the pain faded away but with it came thirst and my fingers itched to take the water Joel had left. 

Finally I couldn't wait any longer and I carefully took a sip. It ran down my throat with a satisfying ease and settled in my stomach with a pang but it didn't stop me from emptying the bottle of its contents.

After I did just that, a sick feeling settled over me; the stomach cramps began to reappear and I writhed in pain on the floor.

'So much for staying clean'

Heat was quickly accelerating its pace of spreading through my body.
Beads of sweat ran down my front and clung to me together with the floor grime.

I twisted from side to side not knowing how to lessen the pain; touching my forehead I realized that I was running a very high temperature.

My bite mark was ignited and I wheezed between breaths.

"I suppose being bitten by a vampire isn't very much fun now is it?", my head snapped towards the voice only to meet King Lathan's menacing glare.

He was looking through the bars with a 'I-couldn't-care-less-expression'.

"Bring her up", was his command to the next guard and he was gone.

The guard entered my cell and watched me warily as if not sure what I was at all.
Well he had reason too because I had no idea if I was still a normal human.

'You aren't, you drank blood'

I frowned at my own thoughts and let my hands be cuffed by the guard. He was rough but not cruel.

Wondering where he was taking me, he pushed me ahead of him keeping a hand securely on my cuffed wrists.

The dungeon looked similar to Sir Castors just this one was much larger and seemingly very crowded. It was dark, so I had to take care where I was stepping. The stone walls gave off a cold and heartless vibe; It seemed so depressing that it didn't surprise me why the prisoners were desperate for any new commotion even if it was the time for their life span to end.

The guard walked me along a narrow and dark corridor which was vaguely lighted by a few dull bulbs. At the end of the corridor my feet met a long set of stairs and the guard scoffed at my futile attempt to ascend them in my weakened state.

I leaned heavily against his grip on my hands and somehow made it to the top although I was out of breath by that time; my body was still burning.

The guard ushered me further along another not so shabby looking hall and I began to wonder once more where he was taking me when we passed a set of doors and a third hall opened up before me; this one took my breath away. 

Beautiful would have been a meek understatement, it was unexplainable. A mild warmth embraced me and a welcoming fresh and clean smell  entered my nostrils.

"Wow", I mumbled under my breath and the guard chuckled.

We kept walking passing not only one but four long halls.

We came to a part where everything started to appear even more astonishing. Beautiful marble covered the floors and in some parts the walls and I could only think of one word to describe the castle,

Vampire royalty.

And I was sure I hadn't even seen half of it.

Suddenly the hall opened into a larger space and we came to a stop in front of heavily guarded double doors.

The guard who ushered me here, knocked on the door and then opened it to reveal a rather large circular room.

There were desks placed in a circular motion around the room and at each one sat an individual.

The first person I saw was the king himself. He was seated behind a bigger and more majestic looking desk in the middle of the circle and his gaze captured mine instantly.

I lowered my gaze in uncomfort staring at my bare and dirty feet before lifting it again to see a familiar silhouette sitting at the desk to the King's left. 

My lips parted slightly in surprise as I saw that it was Sir Castor. He looked at me but his eyes were unwavering and his face clear of emotion.

I quickly glanced halfway around the room without having to turn my head and met beautiful faces but hateful and angry gazes.

An overwhelming sadness flooded me as I realized their menacing gazes were directed at me.

Instead of anger, I felt hurt and I was confused as to why their opinion should matter to me, they were after all, not human.

I decided to not look at the others and lifted my eyes to watch the king take a sip out of a crimson filled goblet.

I shuddered slightly at the thought of where he got his drink from. But my thoughts were quickly interrupted as his smooth voice traveled around the room,

"This here is the girl".

'Oh wow yeah I am the girl. What girl?'

I heard a few snickers around the room and my brows furrowed.

"The law has been broken with her as we all know and it seems as if we can't come in contact with the sire", King Lathan's voice held nothing less than sheer power and dominance. I started to understand why everybody respected him.

"We must protect this kingdom and something like this is certainly not to happen again. My question is, Why the hell did it happen?", he glanced around the room until his eyes landed on me.

"Tell us your name, human", he all but growled softly.

'He's capable of growling softly..What?'

I was afraid. He knew well that I wasn't able to say my name.

I opened my mouth but the same thing as before happened I coughed furiously due to a fire in my throat.

"Say it", he demanded.

"I can't", I whimpered.

"Did you hear that? She says she can't pronounce her own name."

Another round of snickers passed through the room.

Lathan stepped around his desk and came towards me with long strides.

When he was close, to close in my opinion, nearly invading my personal space he looked deeply into my eyes.

"Tell me your name," he said quietly with no threat or menace in his voice.

A force tugged at my inside and I knew  I had to answer him; Again I opened my mouth but to no avail and it  ended  in a coughing fit

I couldn't say my name.

"Do you see that, I compelled her and she was going to obey, but she couldn't."

A few female gasps made their way towards my ear and I looked to the ground not wanting to see anybody's faces.

"Castor do you care to explain?" Lathan asked his brother.

Castor sat straight and began talking about blood compulsion.

The people murmured their understanding and began discussing quietly between each other.

"What is her name then?", one man suddenly asked and the room became quiet.

Lathan looked expectantly at Sir Castor he nodded slowly and then said,

"Her name is Avery Jay Young."

"How old is she?"a female asked.

'What does that matter?' 

Everybody looked at me and my eyes grew big.

"What?", I asked stupidly.

"How old are you?", the king looked annoyed.

"Im eighteen", I mumbled.

All of a sudden the same heart ache came back to me as I had felt before and I groaned heavily. The kings looked down at me as I was sitting on my knees.

Then the doors cracked open and I heard a pair of footsteps. King Lathan looked behind me and grimaced.

"You're late.", he said to the person behind me.

"That doesn't matter", velvet spoke.

I froze. 

Velvet.

Heat enveloped my body and I was unable to move, blink and even breath. My heart wrenched and twisted. My vision blurred and I closed my eyes to keep the tears from spilling out.

"This is the oh so special girl?", velvet spoke again and I couldnt help the tears that slipped out at the sound of his beautiful voice full of hostility. 

"Yeah she's the  one". King Lathan said.

The steps came closer and stopped somewhat behind me.

"Her life is futile."

My heart clenched at his words and it became hard to breath.

"So inefficacious to loose your time on something like her".

I clamped my teeth together to keep from howling in pain, his words provoked both physical and mental agony.

From anyone it would not have affected me, but that voice made me go hazardous.

 "What are you trying to say.", the king asked.

"Father, I really thought you would be smarter than to spend time on her, the law has been broken, the sire didn't show up and she's a pain in the *ss. Kill her."

I gasped in pain. His words hurt not just my heart my whole body went rigid.

'Father? Is he  then....oh my the prince?' Ugh how much weirder does this get?'

'He wants me dead.'

The tears that escaped my eyes began to flow faster. I wasn't sobbing, just silent tears that flowed down my cheeks.

'How can he speak so elegantly and then suddenly talk like that?'

"No", the king scowled, "I will find the sire first and bring him to justice."

"Whatever", velvet mumbled.

The steps that had stopped came closer now. With a whiff of cologne that made me see black and red and had my senses on overdrive once again; a pair of gleaming dress shoes came and two sturdy legs armored by a set of gray striped slacks, Mr. Velvet voice passed me and I couldn't look up.

I saw as his legs disappeared and heard him take place on a chair.

"Why don't we proceed.", his beautiful voice filled the room.

My hair was hanging over my eyes and my body refused to look up.

"Guard", the king called," bring her back."

With that the door opened and the same guard that had brought me came in.

Unexplainable dread filled me as I realized I had to leave Mr. Velvet voice.

I knew he wasn't the one who had been talking to me, for that voice scared me but comforted me whereas his voice made me shiver and my soul bleed. And yet I wanted to hear it forever.

TO BE CONTINUED..........................

Do you want faster updates?

Tell me...who for a moment thought that this new person was the voice that talks to her?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 71.9K 100
18+| COMPLETE✔️ "Ali..." He sighed, his breath tickling the skin of Alison's neck. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, admiring her beauty, ho...
1.1M 37.9K 88
Saving Leah Series Book 7 "So what do you admire most about women?" I ask the man as he sips on his coffee. He smirks as he sets his cup down, actin...
1.1M 8.6K 9
WARNING‼️This book contains abstruse topics such as Dark Love, Abuse, Violence etc if you are not comfortable with the above please feel free to swip...
38.8M 2M 172
Highest Rankings: #1 Vampire #1 Paranormal #1 Fantasy #1 Supernatural #1 Action #1 Dragon #5 Romance #5 Wattpad's AD App 100 MOST READ LIST! Her body...