The Broken Werewolves: The Gu...

By OralKel

Perry Dames is not your usual Beta. He's the second in command, the Great Beta of the Great Alpha. Usually, y... More

Synopsis
Author's Note
Chapter 1: Perry Dames, the Beta
Chapter 2: Dave, My Mate
Chapter 3: Mate Is Awake!
Chapter 4: Kieran, Dave's Brother
Chapter 5: Peitho the Wolf
Chapter 6: The Tour Around
Chapter 7: The Fallen Angel
Chapter 8: The Kiss
Chapter 9: The Angel's Revelation
Chapter 10: The First D - Date
Chapter 11: The Second D - Deal
Chapter 12: Pain
Chapter 13: The Awakening
Chapter 14: Morning
Chapter 15: Revealing The Truth
Chapter 16: Pinkie Promise
Chapter 17: Storytelling
Chapter 18: The Great Alpha's Good News
Chapter 19: Ice Cream Date
Chapter 20: The Elder's Court
Chapter 21: The Guardian
Chapter 22: My Mate!
Chapter 23: The Spirit Realm - Part 1
Chapter 25: The Spirit Realm - Part 3
Chapter 26: The Spirit Realm - Part 4
Chapter 27: The Spirit Realm - Part 5
Chapter 28: Staycation In The Shaman's World
Chapter 29: Into The Spirit Realm
Chapter 30: The Land of Second Chances
Chapter 31: Sulking
Chapter 32: New Faces
Chapter 33: The Zodiac City
Chapter 34: My Buddy's Mate
Chapter 35: The Mansion
Chapter 36: A Very Surprising Day
Chapter 37: Better Place
Chapter 38: Loving My Mate
Chapter 39: The Date
Chapter 40: The First Shift
Chapter 41: I Love You
Chapter 42: Destiny
Chapter 43: My Mate & I
Chapter 44: Upcoming Battle
Chapter 45: The End of Book 2
BOOK 3: THE HUMAN MATE

Chapter 24: The Spirit Realm - Part 2

8.6K 437 6
By OralKel

Chapter 24
The Spirit Realm - Part 2

"Are you referring to me or him?"

Marcus asks as he skids to a stop, staring at the Shaman with no emotion in his eyes, pointing his index finger between him and Dave. But the look the Shaman says he doesn't need Marcus; he needs Dave and Peitho. Dave has been into the Spirit Realm, that's the reason why he got the wolf, Peitho, in the first place. Coming back there, in the cruel place, I don't think they're ready to have a mission like this.

Butting in, brushing their words with my hands, I say. "He can't." My tone booms, dark and cold. Yes, I'm being protective of my mouth. If he goes into the Spirit Realm, I have no way of protecting him. If he gets killed, I get killed. I have a lot of plans for us. I have yet to share my life with him. This can't be happening. "Dave, Peitho, they aren't ready yet to be participating here."

"Too late for that, Great Beta." says Troy as he looks over his shoulder, at the Shaman who has a hard and thoughtful look etched across his beautiful face. It seems like he's contemplating what I've said, and I hope he agrees with me. However Troy has a different plan. "We need to act now. Dave, Peitho, they have been in the Spirit Realm. If we can just transport them back to the Spirit Realm, they might be able to open a portal, or a door that would get us through there and perhaps we'd know what's happening there."

"No, and that's final." My voice has become deadly, hinting that this should not be discussed anymore. I know I'm being selfish, but I would put my mate's safety first before anything else. When I look at Dave, he's slightly shaking, fear evident in his eyes and I just want to wrap my arms around him so he'd feel safe. "What happens next if we fail? Huh?"

My best friend puts a hand on my shoulder, making me calm. Cloud has yet to say anything, and I know he'd be on my side since he knows how it feels to put your danger in mate. He did that when he rejected Kieran. Harsh, but it's the truth. The only difference is that I didn't reject Dave, or Dave didn't reject me, and if I ever agree on this, I'd send Dave to his graveyard. I can't risk that.

Dave moves, walking towards the direction of the Shaman.

My body has become stiff when I see Dave's eyes flashing a royal blue, back and forth to his normal one. Peitho is resurfacing, and he has a determined look on his face that makes me want to vomit. I feel sick all of a sudden.

"I'll go," his voice holds no emotion though you can clearly see the fear in his eyes. My heart clenches at the sight. I don't want my mate going to the Spirit Realm, knowing that he'd have no protection, that he'd not be with me. "Perhaps if I go, I will not be scared anymore. I need this."

"Dave, Peitho, no." My voice comes out as a croak.

By now, everybody has become silent, and the wind is the only one speaking. Peitho looks at me with his royal blue eyes. The fear I have, it grows and grows, consuming my body. "Please do not stop me, Perry. I have to do this. I have to do my job as the Guardian. I wasn't able to do that before, and now I will."

Clenching my hands on my side, I shake my head. "Can we talk about this? Please? Just please, make a decision later. Not now." 

"We'll give you time," Brayden says as he nods at Troy.

Once we're alone in the room, in my room, Dave takes a seat on the bed, his butt sinking down on the soft mattress. Pacing back and forth across the room while his eyes follow my movement, my hands clenching and unclenching, Dave groans, massaging his temple, probably caused by my distressed.

Walking towards Dave's direction, kneeling down in front of him, tears well up in my eyes. The fear that I have is too strong. I want Dave/Peitho to stay here by my side, where I can protect him with everything I can. If he goes into the Spirit Realm, he'd have no protection and he'd be alone; he'd be scared.

"Please, Dave, Peitho, think this through," I beg, resting my head on his lap. He runs his fingers through my hair, and the feeling is heaven. My heart and spirit have been lifted at least just a bit. "I don't want you risking your life. I don't want you to go there."

Dave chuckles, and when I look up at him, his eyes have become normal, indicating that I'm talking to Dave now. He keeps twirling my hair around his index finger and I drown in his eyes. His eyes are so beautiful that it passes the beauty of the stars. It's like looking at something you've never seen before in your whole life, and you just can't believe that you get to see it, that you have been given a chance to see how beautiful it is before it goes away. Leaning up, I wrap my arms around him without his permission, and he seems shocked as his jaw hangs open. I rest my cheek on his collarbone near the chest where his heart is, and I can make out the strong beat of his heart.

"I don't want you to be alone there," I whimper, shutting my eyes. Zane has grown distressed, pacing back and forth and howling here and there. Opening my eyes, Dave is looking down at me with sad eyes before he cups my face with his hands. His touch is warm against my skin. "I can't lose you. We're just starting. You just agreed on this mate thing yesterday. You can't leave me."

"I'm not leaving you, Perry."

"Then don't go."

He sighs, still cupping my face. I can see how this is stressing him. Maybe if I get a little more pushy, then he'd say no to Troy and Brayden. I can practically see the gears working inside his head as he contemplates whether he would like to go to the Spirit Realm or not. "I should." My hope comes crushing down on the ground, landing with a huge explosion. "It's not because I want to leave you, Perry. I don't. As much as I hate to go, I have to. It feels like it's a call, you know? I'd have answers to my questions. I'm not going to leave you, Perry. Never."

The way he says those words to me, it makes my heart flutter with something I can't understand. I know that it's love; a love that I have for him, but at the same time, I can't explain the feeling that I have for him. It's beyond words. Tears well up in my eyes, not expecting the words that have just escaped his lips. He brushes the tears in my eyes with his thumbs, and chuckles.

Leaning up, I capture his lips with mine. Dave's eyes widen, as if he's not expecting me to do such action towards him. I want to feel his lips against mine, and it's perfect. As soon as my lips land against his, I feel everything burst inside me. The fireworks, it's there. Kissing him is like resting on a fluffy cloud nine. It's even more perfect when Dave's lips mold against mine, and his hands get lost in my hair, gripping with his all his might.

Our lips dance, the synchronized beating of our hearts is the song that is playing well. I shut my eyes, my fingers trailing down his arms and my other hand cupping his face, guiding him as I deepen the kiss by tilting our heads to the side.

Biting his lower lip, he moans and opens up his mouth, which gives me the opportunity to slip my tongue inside, wanting to taste him more. He's intoxicating. It's like being addicted to a drug that you know, in the end, will get you killed someday. But I don't care. As long as it's Dave, he will always be my poison. Our tongues clash for dominance; Dave puts up a good fight, but in the end, I won. He moans against our connected lips, and our kiss has become more hungry and passionate.

As our kiss lasts longer, my lungs contract due to the lack of air so we have to pull away. When we do, I see Dave's eyes are dilated, half-lidded. His breathing has become uneven yet he displays a mischievous smile across his full, plumped and swollen lips.

"Wow, that's a good kiss. You're a great kisser." He breathes out, resting his forehead against mine and I shut my eyes, inhaling his scent, making me inebriated. "I've never had a kiss like that before."

"Yeah?" I say through ragged breath, still breathless from the kiss we have shared. "When you get back from the Spirit Realm, will you pack up your bags and everything so we can chase the sunset together?"

He smiles widely, chuckling. Pecking my lips, he runs the tip of his nose against mine. "Sure."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 958 23
Where is he? Why hasn't he come yet? Oh dear Satan is he alright! Just as I was about to get up and leave my apartment and leave he came in and hugg...
6.9K 307 31
I'm not sure if this is going to be a stand alone story or a series of different stories just yet. Luca and Leif have only ever had each other. Both...
16.5K 639 42
There are many types of mates in the werewolf world. Alpha x Alpha, Omega x Beta, Alpha x Beta, Beta x Beta, Omega x Alpha, But there has never been...
128K 8.6K 63
Well, this wasn't exactly what Sebastian thought he was going to have to deal with when he came to this forest. He was looking for a werebear that ha...