Secrets

By ChloePJ

My name is Elouise Heart. I am a werewolf in the Blue Moon Pack. I lived a normal life, but everything change... More

*Secrets
18th Birthday
When Everyone Hates You
Training with the Alpha
Remembering what you want to Forget
Christmas Time
Travelling to a better Future
The Selecting Ceremony
Dinner as the Real Me
Getting Ready for the Night of My Life
Finding my Mate
Can this night get any better?
A Queen Already
A New Home
When the day turns Bad
What a Day
One More Day
The Best Day of my Life
Author Note
The Party Continues
Pranks and Pleasure
Becoming Like a Queen Everyday
What a Day
Becoming Queen
Shaky Start to a Future as Queen
With Responsibility comes Sacrifice
Not Getting Rid of me
Life Changes in the Blink of an Eye
The Hardest Decision Of My Life
Going on the Run
What have I done?
The Time has Come
The Day the Future is Decided
Finding out the Future
Facing the Truth
Confronting the Packs
Where the hell did that come from?
Seeing the End
Life After Death
A Very Important Author Note
A Little Piece of Forever
The Day that Changed my Life
Epilogue
The Sequel you all have been waiting for!

Saying GoodBye

8.5K 294 24
By ChloePJ

Chapter 37

                Oliver’s POV (the day of the kidnapping)

                I had just finished telling those that now didn’t have a pack which one they needed to go to. Everyone was one was now in deep discussion as they tried to find those from the pack they were in who were now going to the same pack as them. It would be hard for them. It would be hard for everyone but we could get through this.

                I was carefully making my way through the crowd answering any questions people had. They were worried about pack acceptance and moving to a totally new country. I answered questions as I walked through when I spotted Anna-Marie walking through with Jackson in her arms. I walked over to her smiling slightly.

                She smiled back at me as I kissed my child on the forehead.

                “Hey. Where’s Ellie?” I asked.

                “She went for a walk. She had a lot on her mind,” Anna-Marie replied.

                I nodded then. I suddenly felt weird. My wolf was on edge. What the hell was going on? He only ever gets like this if… oh crap. Something is wrong with Ellie. My eyes widened and Anna looked at me slightly worried.

OLLIE! HELP! ROGUES!

                Hang in there Ellie. I am coming.

                 “Keep Jack with you at all times. Understand?” I ordered.

                She nodded at me. I charged towards the door calling for guards to follow me. I charged through the door at this point slamming them open with a bang. I quickly scanned the tree line and saw the groups of the rogues then. I saw one toss someone over their shoulder as they hung limply over their shoulder. I saw the light brown curls hang loosely down the rogues back. I caught the glimpse of the tiara that fell from her head.

                I was running then. I snarled letting my wolf take over. I was sprinting towards the tree line followed by the group of men that had come out with me. Everyone that was outside was running in side for safety. Scared mothers picked up their children. How the hell had rogues made it that far into our land? Ellie was near the tree line to the garden for goodness sake.

                The rogue holding Ellie’s limp body heard my growl and had turned to see me. I was taken aback. That was no rogue. That was Caleb. It was Killian’s son. I was going to kill him. Touching my mate. The rogues came in front of him then protecting him. Stupid rogues. I watched as Caleb turned and ran.

                I growled furiously then shifting mid step as I crashed into the first few rogues who hadn’t yet shifted. I tore them apart showing no ounce of mercy. My wolf was in control. He had one purpose. Get Ellie back. The guards shifted and we began fighting. This was slowing me down.

                I ordered the guards to kill all of them. We were sparing no lives. I charged away from them all then. I was pounding through the forest. The wind was rushing through my fur and my paws dug unforgivingly through the soil. I was hunting. I was out for blood. They would pay. He would pay. If he so much as lays a finger on her I will make his life a misery before he dies.

                I had ran for about five minutes following the trail when I was sent sprawling to the ground. Someone had dived at me. We rolled over a few time clawing at each other. I bit into their side pulling a chunk of flesh out as I did so. I stood up and I was surrounded. Thirty rogues. Crap. Killian must have not sent all rogues in for war.

                I was pounced on by the thirty rouges. They began biting at me. My legs, my stomach my face. I felt a wound open on my face and the blood began to pour down my fur. I wasn’t going down without a fight. I had taken down ten of them before I collapsed. Blood was gushing out of a stomach wound and I could barely see through my blood filled vision. A matted up rogue stepped forward menacingly baring his teeth at me. I was going to die. I couldn’t save her.

                “NO!” A voice commanded.

                I felt my body shift back from wolf form. I was vulnerable and bleeding out. I saw Caleb. He was smirking. Next to him was another rouge who had Ellie slung across his arms. Her hair was hanging down and her head was facing me. She had a bruise on her cheek. Her clothes had been viciously torn.

                “Don’t kill him. I want him to feel the moment when Ellie here dies,” Caleb laughed.

                I tried to get up from the ground but I was bleeding out. Some ribs had been broken. I couldn’t move. Caleb strode towards me. He bent down so he could face me more.

                “I want to ruin your life. I want to take the one you love,” He snarled.

                He walked away and I watched as Ellie was taken too. No. I couldn’t let this happen. The rogues followed him. I tried to get up but it wasn’t happening. I could feel my body go into shut down. My eyes slowly shut no matter how much I fought. I passed out…

                “Oliver. WAKE UP,” I faintly heard someone shout.

                I managed to struggle my eyes open slightly. I groaned lightly as I pulled myself into a sitting position. I was still in the forest. Xavier, Matt and Ellie’s father was there. They looked down at me. Her father looked a state. His eyes were rimmed red and were coated in fear. Matt tossed me a pair of clothes.

                Ellie was gone. She was gone. They were going to hurt her. NOOOOOO! I needed to get her back. She can’t leave. She can’t die on me. No I won’t let her. I refuse to let her. I have to find her. I was going to kill him. I slipped the jogging bottoms on and placed my head into my hands.

                “I need to find her. I need to go,” I spoke, trying to stand up.

                I hissed out in pain. I wasn’t fully recovered yet. I was still hurt and I could feel the fact my ribs were still broken slightly.

                “Stop it. You are in no state. We need to go back and plan. I have already started search groups and extra patrols. The Alphas are running. You need to recover if you want to save her. Don’t lose control. You have a son to care for,” My father explained.

                I nodded defeated. My wolf was howling at the loss of his mate. Matt helped me. He supported my weight as I hobbled with him back through the forest. I was silent. They couldn’t get a word out of me. I remembered seeing her. The bruise on her face. The torn clothing. She had fought. She was unconscious. Her eyes closed. What would they do to her?

                We hobbled into the back yard where people were waiting. They looked at me sadly and their faces were full of pity. I kept my head down. I didn’t want to see their pity. Matt carried me inside and placed me on a sofa in one of the reception rooms. A pack doctor rushed up to meet me. He checked over my wounds, adding stiches where needed. I was silent. Ellie’s father, my father and Matt were sat across the room. They were talking about plans and were communicating with plans. Ali and my mother came in. They hugged me and tried to get me to speak.

                It was like I had lost how to speak. I couldn’t seem to voice anything. I tried to speak to put in my input in but it was if my body shut down my capability to speak. Anna-Marie came in and I took Jack from her arms. I sat down cradling my baby boy to my chest. He could lose his mother. How could I explain that? I kept Jack with me all the time. He kept my calm and collected. Even if we did lose Ellie, I would need to be here for him.

                There was no sign. There was no word from anyone. We had lost their scent. Hope was running out. People were getting disheartened. Guards were feeling guilty. It turns out the changeover of the shift didn’t happen in a quick enough time. There was a full ten minutes where the borders were unprotected. That is disgraceful. Ellie was only just in the tree line. She could see the palace from where she sat, yet she was still taken.

                A day had passed. I was spending all of my time between Jack and out searching for any scents or any clues to lead me to her. It was hopeless. I haven’t felt any of her pain yet. That must be a good thing. They haven’t hurt her yet.

                I was in the living room with Jack in my arms. I was pacing back and forth slightly. Jack was asleep in my arms. He didn’t sleep last night. He was use to his mum putting him to bed. I could tell that he was missing her. My heart was breaking. I had slept a little. I could barely sleep as the thoughts about what those monsters would do to Ellie. I would kill them for taking her. I would find her. I wouldn’t let her get hurt.

                I still hadn’t spoken since the woods. I could tell my parents were worried for me. I hadn’t seen Ellie’s mum. Apparently she locked herself away in her room. She was devastated. To lose a child twice can devastate even the strongest person. What about nearly lose their mate three times? What does that leave of them? What will that leave of me?

                I was rocking back and forth looking out of the window. 1 day. 24 hours. That was how long she had been gone for. Everyone knows the rule. Any longer than a day they usually die in a rogue kidnapping case. This wasn’t a usual kidnapping case. This was a Queen.

                I heard the door open but I didn’t acknowledge it. I knew it was Matt from his scent.

                “Still no sign,” he spoke.

                I didn’t respond. I heard more footsteps which belonged to Ali. I stood where I was. I still couldn’t seem to speak yet. It seems this was how my wolf and my mind were dealing with the trauma. I didn’t mind. Ali gently touched my arm.

                “Speak Ollie. Please. You have barely slept last night. You are eating but you need sleep. We will find her,” Ali sighed, as she held Jack’s tiny hand in hers.

                I turned to look at her but I couldn’t answer her. I don’t think I was ready to talk. If I was going to talk it would mean having to accept everything. Having to accept that she was gone. Having to accept that she could die. I was about to give her Jack to look after while I went and searched some more but then I heard it.

                It was crackling like that of a radio. It was distant but I knew it was the mind link. Ellie?!

                Oliver. O____. Help me. I heard her cry.

                Where are you? I asked hurriedly.

                I saw both Ali and Matt look at me knowing that with my dazed expression I was mind linking with someone.

                Wooden cabin. _______ Cabin. _____ territory. ______territory. I faintly heard.

                Wooden cabin. Territory?

                HUMAN._______ HUMAN.

                Human territory. Wooden cabin. Hold on. I will find you. I Love you. I spoke quickly.

                I lost the connection with her then. Human territory. We wouldn’t go on top human territory in wolf form unless we had a guaranteed reason. Of course she would be there. They wouldn’t take her too far because they wanted me to feel the pain. The pain I would feel would be stronger the closer she was to me.

                “She is in human territory. She managed to mind link me a little. We need to spread our search,” I spoke.

                “What?” Ali gasped.

                “Look after Jack. We need to spread the search,” I ordered.

                She nodded taking Jack gently from me rocking him back and forth slightly. I jogged to the door and to where my father was sorting out the search for Ellie. Matt followed me and we found my dad. I quickly told him everything. He was pleased that I was speaking again. I ran out of the palace followed by a huge amount of guards including all of Ellie’s protectors. I shifted mid step before charging into the woods. I went to the closest part of human territory to the palace expecting that they would have wanted to get off of our land as quickly as possible.

                I made it to the end of the territory and went straight passed. It only took us another ten minutes after to find the scent of rogues left in the ground. We traced it out another half an hour before we came across a small wooden cabin surrounded by forty rogues. My dad stood to one side with Ellie’s father to the other side of me. A pack doctor had tagged along as well. I noticed some of the Alphas had come as well. I was pleased. We need to be quick and decisive. The longer it took the more danger Ellie would be in.

                We charged at the rogues taking them by surprise. I had killed a dozen rogues in the matter of a minute. More rogues fell quickly. We were destroying them. They were no match when they didn’t play dirty. Blood soon began to spread through the dirt. I heard the whimpering of those that were injured.

                Suddenly, I crumpled to the ground. My father came to my side. Pain rippled through my stomach. No. NO! He stabbed her.

The door to the cabin opened and out stepped Caleb. I noticed him straight away. That wasn’t the thing I looked at. It was the blood splatter that dotted his shirt. It was Ellie’s. I charged at him as he laughed. I didn’t blink as I tore his throat out. He crumpled to the floor dying.

I shifted quickly noticing the battle was over. Some jogging bottoms were thrown at me. I quickly threw them on before stumbling through the door of the cabin. I followed her scent into a room. The sight before me was shocking. I would never forget it. I nearly broke down there and then…

Elouise’s POV

The pain. The pain. This hurt so much. I looked down at the silver knife that was plunged deep into my stomach. Blood was already pooling out of my wound. This hurt so much. Alexandria was howling in pain inside of me. My head dropped. I watched as my blood dripped onto the floor in periodic drips.

I could just make out the howling escaping from rogues outside of the cabin. Oliver was here. He had come. He had found me but it was too late. I saw the blood leaking from my wound. I was losing so much blood. I managed to look up into the face of Caleb.

He laughed evilly before walking away from me and out of the door. I was feeling drowsy. I don’t think I was going to make it. The blood was now in a huge pool beneath my feet. I hung limply from the pole. I was going to die. What about my son? What about my mate? This isn’t fair. I have so much to live for. I can’t leave the ones I love. I just don’t want to die.

I was feeling so tired. My eyes felt heavy. I was exhausted. I could literally feel the life drain away from me with every crimson blood droplet that cascaded to the floor. My life was ebbing away and I was powerless to stop it. Powerless. Right now, I felt like I did in those two years before I met Oliver. Powerless. Helpless. Scared.

The door crashed open. I couldn’t bring my head to look up. I smelt and knew it was Oliver. My heart skipped a little at that thought.

“Oh god. My baby,” Oliver chocked.

I felt the binds get cut from my wrists and ankles. I collapsed into the arms of Oliver. He carried me out of the house. I could barely keep my eyes open.

“Stay with me. I order you Ellie. Don’t go,” Oliver sobbed.

I vaguely recognised us leaving the cabin. The pain was no longer there. I felt numb instead. That was a bad thing. My body was shutting down.

                “Help. DOCTOR!” Oliver shouted.

                I felt myself get laid onto the floor. Oliver came up and knelt placing my head on his lap. He stroked my face delicately. I felt one of his tears drop onto my face. I started crying slightly. I was going to lose everything. My family. I felt like everything was slipping away at my fingertips.

                He laced his fingers into my hair twisting it gently around his fingers. I vaguely remembered the doctor come over followed by my dad and Xavier. They were all knelt beside me.

                “We need to pull the silver knife out of her to see if her wolf can help the healing progress,” The doctor muttered to my father and Xavier.

                I felt the knife get pulled out of my stomach. There was no pain. I was numb and empty. I looked up to Oliver whose eyes were puffy and red.

                “Oliver,” I spoke delicately. I could barely speak.

                “You have a kingdom and our son to look after. When I die, don’t fall apart. You need to look after our child,” I spoke.

                “You will not die. Do you hear me?” Oliver sobbed.

                “Remember to always tell our son that I loved him so much. Tell he meant the world to me. Never let him forget,” I fought to spoke.

                “Ellie. Keep fighting. Don’t close your eyes,” Oliver chocked.

                I felt myself slowly shutting down. I couldn’t do this. I couldn’t fight the darkness that was consuming me. It was seeping into my body entrapping any sign of life or hope. My eyes fluttered closed.

                “I love you,” I whispered loud enough for him to hear.

                “NOOOOOO! Ellie. Please, keep fighting. Please, don’t let me have been too late. ELLLLIIIIEEEE. Oh goddess. No. No. No. Ellie. I need you. I don’t want to live without you. Please,” Oliver sobbed.

                The darkness took me. Maybe this was my time. Maybe, this was my time to go.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

19,000 reads. WOW! 600 votes. that is amazing.

I can't believe how far we are through the story. i never expected it to do this well.

Thank you.

2 chapters, bonus chapter and epilogue left.

Vote, Comment, Follow,

Enjoy,

Chloe x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 1K 27
(This is a story about an alpha and his young mate) All Erik Samson ever wanted was answers, but each time he unveils truths about one problem, it en...
2.5M 81.5K 23
Amber was rejected at birth by her less than caring parents, leaving her in the forest to die. Luckily a young woman came walking down the same path...
227K 12.7K 33
Being locked up by your own family member can cause you to view the world differently. Especially when you know nothing but pain. Crying wasn't allow...
64.5K 632 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...