NatePat One-Shots

By rileyasf

a collection of one-shots i've written about natewantstobattle and matpat~ any song lyrics used in this book... More

I Don't Fucking Care
I Lost My Sunshine
Red Room
Angel
Flipside
Gold Star For Me
REQUESTS
He's Mine!
A Song For Him
A Different Kind of Video
I Love You
Down
Chasing Cars
Too Late
Stupid
Heat

Merry Christmas, Kiss My Ass

2.4K 62 3
By rileyasf

song;; merry christmas, kiss my ass - all time low
trigger warnings;; none
septicnate

You told me I was lucky,
To have my chance with you

Every person, male, female, both, or neither in a five hundred mile radius of Sean William McLoughlin wanted him all of themselves. He had a charming smile and gorgeous laugh that no one could match and everyone couldn't help but fall for.

However, one fateful Halloween it just so happened that he met up with the nerdy, anime loving choir kid Nathan Smith.

They hit it off fantastically and had multiple dates after that, but each one just seemed very one sided. Sean, or Jack, liked to talk about how undeniably lucky Nate was to have gotten a date with him. It got obnoxious pretty fast, but Nate was so consumed with the older boy that he didn't care.

Jack also helped Nate come out of his shell a bit. He preformed for the school talent shows and even local restaurants that wanted live entertainment. His voice was absolutely stellar, and he always ended up thanking his green haired boyfriend for it.

Now last year's summer romance,
Is this year's winter blues

Despite being infatuated with Jack, he couldn't deny all the red flags that shot up in the first moments of their meeting. He liked to bring up old partners, and how it always happened like this: they met up in mid summer or fall, dated up until winter and then cut all ties.

Still he continued to tell Nate that he was totally different and they totally wouldn't have a problem because they were also alike. They weren't alike, but they still went on a bunch of dates.

I treated you so nicely,
To jewelry and champagne
But you left me empty handed,
You left me feeling played

Jack liked to go shopping, and fortunately for him Nate had a job that payed decently well. Add that to the tips he got when performing for restaurants and he was able to buy a lot of what Jack liked.

He liked expensive things, overpriced earrings and champagne imported from foreign countries. Yet he never thanked Nate for anything he bought for him, it always seemed like the smile on his face after he got the things was thanks enough.

But Jack got bored fast, and made Nate feel so used and played whenever they went back to expensive stores to buy newer versions of things they previously bought.

Now I hope you're happy with yourself!
'Cause I'm not laughing! Don't you think it's kind of crappy what you did this holiday?

It turned out that it wasn't just inanimate objects Jack got bored of quickly with. It was people, too. Come halfway through November, he caught Jack texting other people and going out to parties late at night.

'Just with friends', he claimed. The perfume or cologne on him when he came home told a different story. Nate was so blinded by his growing love for his boyfriend, though. He was never happy, but he was content enough to not bring up how much he was secretly hurting by this obvious cheating.

Jack blew off the slightly concerned questions he got from Nate, blaming them on paranoia, and poor little Nate believed each and every word.

When I gave you my heart,
You ripped it apart,
Like wrapping paper trash

With each day passing, Nate just hurt more and more. It seemed like he was putting his love into a recycling bin that gave him the same shitty story each time he fucked up.

Jack didn't say I love you like Nate did. Nate did it with pure passion in his voice and his tone obviously meant nothing.

So I wrote you a song,
Hope that you sing along,
And it goes: Merry Christmas,
Kiss my ass!

Nate eventually couldn't do it anymore. It was Christmas Eve and he broke up with Jack. There was so much one sidedness and emptiness in the relationship, but that wasn't why he finally broke away.

He followed Jack to a party, one that the green haired man insisted on going to instead of spending it with his boyfriend. Nate caught him making out with one of his close friends, Mark Fischbach and he lost his shit.

They were both completely sober, they knew exactly what they were doing.

So without a regret or care in the word, he laughed sarcastically, merry Christmas! Kiss my ass! before leaving and holing himself up into his room for hours.

They say I'm losing my mind,
I thought that for a while
I tear down decorations,
They remind me of your smile
I hate that mistletoe it makes me think of our first kiss
You bit my lip, you pulled me close and then you taught me how to quit

The ebony haired man was distraught and took his anger out on Jack and his shared dorm. Only two hours after catching the cheating son of a bitch, he ripped down the colorful lights in the house. He broke precious ornaments and laughed while doing so. Nate had never felt so happy to destroy something that once made him so happy.

But those damn decorations reminded him of Jack's beautiful smile, the smile he had when he was cheating on his boyfriend. He never wanted to see that smile again, he never wanted to see Jack happy again. Jack didn't deserve happiness after what he did.

Ripping down the mistletoe from each door reminded him of their first kiss as a couple. Typically they were both touchy people, but Nate was never sure of Jack was the one until the first of December. The two walked into a Starbucks together and noticed the mistletoe above them.

Jack was quick to act, wrapping his arms around the shorter boy's neck and pulling him close. He smashed their lips together, nipping at Nate's bottom lip and then pulled away. Nate craved another kiss but he never got one, never again did he get to feel Sean McLoughlin's lips and he was happy he quit when he did.

Now I hope you're happy with yourself!
'Cause I'm not laughing, don't you think it's kind of crappy what you did this holiday?
When I gave you my heart,
You ripped it apart,
Like wrapping paper trash
So I wrote you a song, hope that you sing along and it goes:
Merry Christmas, kiss my ass!

Nate was surrounded by colored, broken glass for a few minutes before he got up and left the house. Now all the happiness from ripping up old memories was gone and it was replaced with sadness.

He put so much into that relationship, he tried so hard to make it work all for nothing. Nate put in hundreds of dollars and priceless emotional support and he got nothing in return.

His heart ached, the cheery and lovey dovey Christmas music playing from stores opening late into the night not helping his case. The only place not playing Baby, It's Cold Outside was the local bar, they were playing quiet Elvis Presley records.

It felt nice to walk into there, sitting down at a bar stool with a glass of warm beer in his hand. He didn't even drink, just sat there and discussed his day with the pretty brown haired waiter. Matthew was his name and he had a pretty laugh and a beautiful smile that could never manipulate anyone. He looked so innocent and utterly precious, which was lovely after being surrounded by nothing but the sly Jack for months.

So sick of calling,
You won't telephone me,
No, fuck you boy, I'm going out
I gave you my all,
Our love hit a wall now,
I'm jingle belling and everyone's yelling,
We'll drink till the bar's shut us down

Ain't that just what Christmas is all about?

An hour passed of chatting with Matthew, and everyone seemed genuinely pleased to have the clock strike twelve. It was Christmas, but Nate wasn't happy, so he took a sip of the water he ended up ordering and walked over to the abandoned stage in the back of the bar.

Matthew helped him out in setting up the mic and electric guitar, flicking on the lights and letting him take it away.

For once in the past three months, he got to let out everything he was feeling. He bottled everything up that he cared about and gave everything to Jack while he got nothing in return. This experience of yelling out lyrics to a song he had come up just moments before felt liberating, especially with every sad man drunk off his ass turning crazily happy as they moved their head along with the beat.

Unbeknownst to him, his phone was ringing on the barstool. Jack was calling and even if he knew, he wouldn't pick up. This was his moment and he wasn't letting his mistake get into the way.

"I hope you're happy with yourself! Cause I'm not laughing don't you think it's kind of crappy what you did this holiday?" he cried out, flicking his ebony bangs out of his face.

"And I hope, hope you're happy with yourself cause I'm not laughing! Don't you think it's so damn trashy what you did this holiday? I gave you my heart, you ripped it apart like wrapping paper trash, so I wrote you a song and here it goes: merry Christmas, bitch! Kiss my ass!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 1.9K 34
He was a fuckboy .. But she was a sweet, shy and kind-hearted girl .... She knew he was a fuckboy but she fell for him . ( He was a red flag but she...
188K 4.3K 52
โŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏโŽฏ เชœโ€โžด ๐…๐„๐„๐‹๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ .แŸ โ› & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. โœ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
443K 13.4K 73
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...