Nanny

By purplejinkook

"She changed papa." She tells her younger sister. "I like her." The young one smiles knowing that papa was th... More

*Before reading*
Search
Interview
Intro
First Day
Expectations
Family Man
It Happened One Night
Planning
Day Out
Where are you?
Nanny?
Return
Distance
Exploring
Say Something
Lets Talk
Crazy Day
What date?
Resignation
Worlds Apart
Friday
Thanksgiving
Conversations
One More Night
Heart Beats Fast
Stay
{a/n}
Forget You
Reflections
New Year
January 1st
Love you goodbye
Next Chapter
{Thank You}
{a/n} (updated)

Don't

12.5K 303 28
By purplejinkook

"Aubrey?" Nanny feels the whisper right on her ear. It tickles her ear. She looked over her shoulder sleepily to see Mister Styles sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Get out." She turned not wanting to see him. Not wanting to deal with him. That's why she found it easy for her to give her back to him.

"Aubrey? I'm sorry," he hiccups. He puts his hand on her hip. She swats his hand away. He shouldn't be doing those things. He shouldn't even be in her room to begin with.

He shouldn't even have to apologize if he did what he promised. And right now that wasn't the case. And nanny wasn't going to deal with it until tomorrow. Even then she might still be angry.

"Don't!" She quickly turns around sitting up on her bed.

"Did you cry? Because of me?" His voice slowly slurring the words. As he takes in her appearance as a whole.

Nanny couldn't deny that she cried herself to sleep but she couldn't confess to it either. They were nothing but angry tears that were caused by him. There was so much anger in her towards him.

"Get out," her voice starting to sound angry. She's remembering all her emotions and she's quickly getting worked up again.

"No, tell me," he insisted. He was close to her. Their faces about a foot away. She wished nothing more than to push him away.

"You said you'd be here at seven. It's—" she turns to see her clock. "It's fucking two in the morning. And you come uninvited to my room. Get out. You're lucky I don't quit right now." She was boiling mad. More than earlier because how dare he come in when she's asleep and he's drunk.

"I said I'm sorry," he hiccups again. This time putting his hand on her knee.

"Stop it!" She took a deep breath trying to yield her anger. "I don't want to talk to you. You almost ruined my date. I was lucky he was understanding and you're nothing but a jerk. I should've known that you would get too caught up with her. You could've called." She was crying again in anger. He was about to reach up and dry the tears for her but she seemed to be quicker.

"You're drunk. And next time you come to my room like this believe me I will leave in that moment. I won't look back. Now, leave. Talk to me when you're sober."

She quickly laid back in bed giving her back to him, hoping he would leave. To her surprise she could feel him staring at her intently. She tried to ignore the awkwardness of it all.

She didn't say anything. The intensity was too much to beat. Nanny just got up and left the room. She could hear Harry not so gracefully follow. She hears a noise that she could only put as him falling.

"Harry?" She finds him on the kitchen floor. "For fucks sake." She counts her lucky stars that nothing was broken and he appears to be okay.

She kneels next to him. He lays there for a second before trying to sit up.

"Hold on. Stay still," she demands which he listens to her. She looks him over. Trying to remember what she was taught in the few nursing classes she took and things she's recently read in case the kids had a wrong fall. She assessed his body for any broken bones or cuts.

"You're lucky. I'm going to help you up. And you need to help me. If you can't then you can stay there all night or crawl somewhere much more comfortable. Got it?" She helped him sit up.

"Yeah," he coughed. He seemed hazy.

"I'll get you water then we'll move. Just let me know when you're ready." She stands up. He holds her hand.

"I'm sorry. You're so nice." She slips her hand and gets him a bottle of water. She makes sure he drinks it all. They sit there for a while in silence.

"Are you ever going to be ready? We've sat here half an hour." Nanny doesn't even look at him. She looks straight ahead.

"I know. I was just thinking. I'm blessed to have you." He wanted to continue but was cut off by nanny.

"Let's go then. I have to be up soon to get Darcy ready." She stands and waits for Harry to make an effort.

"Will I be allowed to apologize?" He no longer sounds drunk.

"You already did. Are you going to get up or are you going to stay there?" She doesn't want to be annoyed but she is. Nanny was never one to deal with drunks and two she's mad at him. She couldn't handle drunk people.

"Why are you like that? I apologized." He stood up defiantly. Both of them not willing to back down.

"You don't mean it. If there was a moment you did it was because I was crying. The only thing you regret is not being able to ruin my day." She was sure everything he did today was to hurt her.

"That's not true," he sounded offended.

"Really? Because I believed you would've come on time. I judged wrong. You smell like her perfume and the lipstick on your lips and your collar gives you away. That you planned to stay there the night. You could've let me know and I would've rescheduled my date." She states her observations like they are facts.

"Don't do that." He doesn't like that she's closely observing him.

"Don't do what? I'm not doing anything." She turned around knowing this was going to be the beginning of a fight she neither cared to start or end.

"Don't act like you know me. Don't act like you're above me. We're both the same. We both are stubborn as hell and I'm not afraid to admit it."

"I'm stubborn when I need to be. And I never said I was better than you in anyway. I know I'm no angel but I deserve to be treated with respect. I've been patient with you but you seem to forget that I deserve some respect. I give it to you."

"How have I disrespect you? You forget what you did to me. You go out with that weasel. And don't ask me if it's okay." He's raising his voice.

"Don't talk to me like that. And I didn't ask because I didn't need to. You're obviously with Selena. You could've been honest with me but you chose to be shady. You chose to believe you had some control over me. Just because I was attracted to you. It's not the way it works. I work for you and that's as far as this goes." Her voice cold towards him.

"You were okay with dating me."

"That was before I knew you were seeing someone else. You never said anything about her. And I have a right to date too. Just because I work doesn't mean I have to stop my life. I'm entitled to my days off which you haven't really given me."

They're both intently looking at each other. Both of them angry and unwilling to let their pride be pushed aside.

"I can't believe it. You're not planning to give me what I deserve. I get tired. I work harder than you!" She cries because she can see that Harry is going to make it impossible for her. "Fine! When you wake up you'll see my two weeks notice." She knows she's acting on anger. She may regret it in the morning but part of her knows that it's the right thing to do.

"You wouldn't. You can't. Fine, I'll budge." He can see that she's not just saying to get a reaction.

"It's too late. I'm not in high school anymore to play games. You still seem to be. Grow up, you have kids." Her eyes softer willing her tears to a stop.

"And you're like a mother to them. You can't leave them." He's at a loss for words.

"Then you should've thought about it before you said anything. I'm not going to be guilt tripped into staying. Two weeks should be enough to find a replacement."

"I can't replace you. Sleep on it and if you feel the same about it we can talk. I'm willing to raise your salary if I need to."

"Two weeks and don't talk to me unless it's necessary because I surely don't want to talk to you." Just like that she left Mister Styles in the kitchen questioning his recent decisions. Nanny couldn't help but open her window to let the air in. The air she needed to get in her lungs. Finally, in the privacy of her locked room.

Sometimes things don't turn out the way you hope. And people disappoint but it's when you cheer for them to prove you wrong that it really hurts. And both are clearly hurting. Tonight was unexpected.

{a/n}
September 13, 2016

Two chapters in one night! Yay! Since I never update lol 🙃

Vote, comment, share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 792 41
"You've changed Harry! What happened to that sweet loving boy that would make me laugh, not cry!" I sobbed. "People change, I'm not that innocent bo...
1.1M 19.9K 104
"Harry." I glare. "Violet." He smirks. - He had those tempting green eyes patched with a smirk and she wore a glare with the sweetest heart. She wa...
Needy By ally

Fanfiction

37.1K 589 3
***THIS IS A SHORT STORY*** Harry Styles is a 32-year-old single father who only wants the best for his little girl. He hates that he couldn't be the...
2.8M 73K 46
"Are you going to be my new mommy?" CEO and single father of 3, Harry Styles is looking for a live-in nanny. If interested, click here. BOOK #1: CE...