Cross' Second Pupil

By Sorara365

Alice Lakefield, a girl who has no memories of her past is General Cross Marian's another pupil. Along with A... More

Chapter 1: Two Exorcists
Chapter 2: The Boy Who Cried Akuma
Chapter 3: Allen's Past
Chapter 4: Jan's Decision
Chapter 5: The Black Order
Chapter 6: The First Mission
Chapter 7: The Aria of the Land & the Clear Skies 1
Chapter 8: The Aria of the Land & the Clear Skies 2
Chapter 10: The Aria of the Land the Clear Skies 4
Chapter 11: The Black Order Annihilation Incident
Chapter 12: The Rewinding Town
Chapter 13: Useless
Chapter 14: Contact
Chapter 15: Human
Chapter 16: Miranda Lotto Invocation
Chapter 17: As Snow Falls Over the City
Chapter 18: Uniform
Chapter 19: Crisis of the General
Chapter 20: Missing
Chapter 21: Vampire of the Castle 1
Chapter 22: Vampire of the Castle 2
Chapter 23: Vampire of the Castle 3
Chapter 24: Vampire of the Castle 4
Chapter 25: Vampire of the Castle 5
Chapter 26: Three Men and a Child
Chapter 27: Signs and News of Cross Marian
Chapter 28: The Fallen Exorcist
Chapter 29: The Last Words of Suman Dark
Chapter 30: Delete
Chapter 31: Crossroad
Chapter 32: The Destroyer of Time
Chapter 33: The Way of an Oath
Chapter 34: Strategy
Chapter 35: Title
Chapter 36: Sinking Darkness
Chapter 37: The Price of Power
Chapter 38: Message and Goodbye
Chapter 39: Japan
Chapter 40: Asia Branch Assault
Chapter 41: Crown Clown
Chapter 42: Into the Battlefield Again
Chapter 43: Reunion and Trapped
Chapter 44: A Way Out
Chapter 45: Challenges
Chapter 46: Debt
Chapter 47: The Third Door
Chapter 48: Believing and Moving Forward
Chapter 49: Talk Before the Battle
Chapter 50: New Power
Chapter 51: Lavi's 'Heart'
Chapter 52: Reason to Live
Chapter 53: Outmatched
Chapter 54: Coming Back
Chapter 55: Calm Before the Attack
Chapter 56: Birth of Level Four
Chapter 57: Leenalee's New Invocation
Chapter 58: Echoes in the Long Morning

Chapter 9: The Aria of the Land & the Clear Skies 3

523 20 0
By Sorara365

Somewhere

Allen and Alice are carrying their comrades and they hear a song.

"A song... I can hear it..." Alice said

"A terribly beautiful melody. An artificial flower's lullaby." Alice thought.

Elsewhere

"Are you crying, Lala...?" Guzol asks. Lala looks at Guzol.

"That's a strange question to ask. Guzol." Lala states.

"I can hear something... something like... sadness..."

"Am I a doll..." Laka asks. "Guzol. Why did you lie about being a doll?" She asks.

Guzol didn't answers.

"I am a very... ugly human. I don't want you to be broken by strangers. Lala..." Guzol says. "Stay by my side. And when I die, let my hand be the one that breaks you..."

Lala goes toward Guzol and embraces him.

"Yes, Guzol. Lala is Guzol's doll." Lala states. "What will I sing next?"

Guzol shed a tear from his sealed left eye.

"I am ugly... an ugly... human..." Guzol stammers.

Then the two notice Allen and Alice standing nearby.

"Ah... sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but... you are a doll, aren't you?" Allen says.

Lala picks up one of the fallen support pillars in the room and throws it at Allen and Alice. They dodge it.

"UWA—H—!?" Allen screams.

Lala continues throwing pillars at them. Allen runs with Toma on his back. Alice who sets Kanda by a pillar.

"W–W–W–WAIT A MINUTE! CALM DOWN AND LET'S TAA–WAAA!" Allen goes to where Alice is and he sets Toma next to Kanda.

"Doesn't look like she'll listen..." Alice says.

Allen then bites his glove off and activates Cross. Lala throws the pillar towards Allen, but he caught it. Lala is surprised and Allen grins. He then throws it back towards her.

"HERE!" Allen shouts.

The pillar does not hit Lala, but hits and destroys the nearby others instead. Lala turns around her seeing the pillars being destroyed.

"EH!?" Lala said. "THE STONE PILLARS..."

Allen then picks the last pillar and holds it with Cross.

"There's nothing left for you to throw." Allen states. "Please tell us what's going on. I don't want to fight a cute girl." He smiles.

"Guzol is going to die soon! Until then, please don't separate me from him!" Lala pleads. "I'll give you my heart..." She adds.

Guzol sits on a piece of the pillar and Lala sits on his lap. Allen sits on the steps in front of them. Alice just finishes bandaging Kanda's and Toma's wounds. She stands up and walks toward them, sitting next to Allen.

"A long time ago, a human child cried in Martel." Lala starts.

~Lala's and Guzol's past~

"The villagers persecuted that child. He was abandoned in this city, where ghost were rumored to live." The present Lala says.

"Human... human... human... it's a human..." Old Lala says. "Boy... how about a song...?"

She asks the young Guzol.

"It had been 500 years since the citizens of Martel left... it wasn't the first time a human got lost in this place... this is the sixth child... when I asked the five children before 'How about a song?' They attacked me all of the sudden." The present Lala explains. "They shouted 'Monster!" As they knocked me down. Even though I had only asked them 'how about a song?' so if this child in front of me also... doesn't accept my offer... I will kill him. Like the five before... I am a doll made by humans is the reason I exist."

"Let me sing!" Old Lala thought.

The young Guzol smiles at Old Lala.

"Song?" He asks. "You would sing for me...? No one has ever done something for me. I'm called Guzol... Sing, Ms. Ghost."

~Present~

It's been 80 years since that day... Guzol has been with me ever since." Lala finishes. "Guzol... will stop moving... his heartbeat has been growing quieter and quieter. Let me be with him until the end! Please!"

"No!" It is Kanda. "Wait until this old man dies...?" Kanda starts to sit up and Alice helps him. "We can't grant this wish... we came here to protect the Innocence! Take the doll's heart now!" Kanda orders and Allen and Alice looks at him with wide-eyes. "Hah... hah..." Kanda breaths. "What did we come here for!?" He asks.

"I... I can't do it." Allen answers. Kanda is wide-eyes. "Sorry. I can't do it." Allen says.

Kanda throws Allen's jacket, which was being used to rest Kanda's head, back to Allen.

"This coat isn't a pillow for the wounded...!" Kanda says angrily. "It's the uniform of an Exorcist!" Kanda stands up and grabs his coat. "There are sacrifices that must be done, rookie." Kanda tells Allen.

"Please! Don't take it..." Lala pleads.

"Stop..." Guzol pleads.

Kanda puts his coat on and points Mugen at Lala.

"Then I will be the one!" Allen shouts and he stands in front of Kanda. "Will it be enough if I the 'sacrifice' for these two?" He asks. "We just want to be able to see our wish through to the very end. Until then, I cannot remove the Innocence from this doll! If I... destroy the Akuma, then there isn't a problem, is there!? To make sacrifices all the time on order to win the war... it's futile!"

Kanda strikes Allen in the face. Toma is conscious and standing. Alice stands up.

"Kanda!?" Alice calls.

"SIR KANDA!" Toma calls.

"How incredibly naive... selling yourself out for some pitiful strangers...?" Kanda says. "ISN'T ANYTHING IMPORTANT TO YOU!?"

"There was something important... I lost it... long ago... it's pitiful... I don't have a noble reason... I just don't want to see something like this happen. That's all." Allen says while looking away sadly. "Because I am a small man, my heart is moving by what is in front of my eyes, not by what the world needs. I just can't abandon what's there in front of me. I want to protect everything I can!"

"Guzol..." Lala calls.

She and Guzol are suddenly impales from behind and drags down beneath the sands. Allen reaches his hand towards them, but too late.

"It's him!" Alice shouts. Behind Allen, the sand covering the floor of the room begins to swirl, and the Level Two Akuma returns, holding Lala's now doll-like body in one hand while Guzol's impaled body and Lala's heart dangle from the hooks on his hand. Allen eye's widens.

"I got the Innocence!" It says.

Then the Akuma throws Guzol and Lala aside.

"La... Lala... Lala..." Guzol calls.

The Akuma starts inspecting the Innocence with wonder.

"Oooh– so this is Innocence." It says.

Something crackles, and the Level Two Akuma turns its attention back to see that Allen's Cross has grown and mutated.

"Return it. Return that Innocence." Allen demands angrily. "Return it."

"S... Sir Walker's Anti-Akuma Weapon... is going to change!" Toma says stun.

Alice eyes widen with Allen's appearance.

"Exorcist who uses Parasite–Type Anti-Akuma Weapon can manipulate it according to their emotions. His innocence is reacting to his anger." Kanda explains

"Even so... why is he emitting such murderous rage!? The weapon is taking on that shape and image!" Alice thought.

Allen attacks.

"IDIOT! YOUR WEAPON HASN'T FULLY FORMED YET...!" Kanda shouts Alllen aims his partially reformed Innocence at the Akuma, Cross now appears to take the form of a cannon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 628 18
Rin had a secret of his own like Shiro, Yukio, and the clergymen did but not as bad. This secret is revealed when Astaroth attacks but nobody was hom...
15.7K 450 13
Aaushi has finally done it. She finally got into True Cross Academy after working so hard her junior high years. She's excited to begin her new class...
78.3K 3.3K 27
Rin and Yukio Okumura are the infamous children of Satan himself. Years in Ghenna made them forget just how human they were. Due to a little deal Sa...
30.6K 920 33
One of Komoui's poiton dropped on a group of lively youngsters named Lenalee,Lavi and Allen making them children that lastest a day.Making the Sience...