Ghost Wolf

By basketcase101

Melanie is sixteen and is a werewolf. She also has until the end of her junior year in high school to pick he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 7

98 2 3
By basketcase101

Trees. That's all I saw was trees. I didn't know there were this many trees in our woods. I also didn't

know how far back the woods went, I just kept running, until I heard something out of place. I skidded to a stop and listened closer. It was wolves, I couldn't tell if they were ordinary wolves or werewolves though.

I slowly walked towards the sound of the other wolves, being sure to keep myself concealed. I

walked a little under a mile until I finally reached the wolves. I laid flat on my stomach and hid behind a large bush. The wolves either didn't sense me or they ignored me, but I didn't ignore them. I studied them actually and I recognized them; they're from my pack.

Jared and the only other teenaged male wolves, not including Richey and Dylan, had another wolf

encircled, I couldn't quite tell who it was though. Jared growled and attacked the wolf in the center. The wolf yelped and let Jared attack him. I covered my snout when I realized it was Dylan and I continued to watch.

Jared scratched his face before he bit his neck and threw him to the other side of the circle. The wolf

Dylan fell in front of scratched him and bit his tail. Dylan yelped again just before Jared bit one of his hind legs and dragged him across the ground. Jared barked and the other wolves jumped in and helped Jared attack Dylan.

There was a lot of snarling, a lot of growling, and a lot of yelps and whimpers. I closed my eyes and

covered them with my paws while I waited for it to end. It went on for maybe twenty minutes until someone howled in the distance, calling the bullies away from their victim. I waited another ten minutes to make sure they weren't coming back before I stood and slowly walked towards a very still Dylan. I whimpered, simply wanting him to know I was checking on him.

Maybe thirty seconds passed before he whimpered softly. I sighed from relief and walked closer to

him. His black fur was covered with blood and his white muzzle wasn't even white anymore. I scanned his body and looked for the worst wound; it was his leg. I softly licked the wound and he whimpered again. Why are you doing this?

I looked over at Dylan and continued to lick his leg. What did you do to them?

Nothing. I was just sleeping.

I raised my head and stared at him confused. Sleeping?

Parents kind of… Parents were practically fucking each other at the dinner table and I didn't want

to listen to it. My eyes flickered to the ground and back to him before I continued to lick his leg wound. Why are you-

Jared's an ass and you did nothing to deserve this. Dylan pulled his leg away from me and started

moving to stand.

I'm beta, I always deserve this. Dylan stood up and managed to take a few steps before his bad leg

gave out.

Will you just let me clean you up before you go back to your sex happy parents. Dylan looked at me

from over his shoulder before he stopped trying to get up again. I started licking his stomach wounds and he sighed. Once I cleaned up his stomach I moved onto his neck. He moved to lick at my snout for approval and I pushed his head back down with my paw. He whimpered and I quickly took my paw off his wounded snout. Sorry.

I quickly got his neck cleaned and I started licking his muzzle. He closed his eyes and licked at my

muzzle. I stopped cleaning his wounds, confused by his action, and nipped his ear to make him stop. He yelped and laid still for me to finish cleaning his wounds. How far do you think you can walk?

Dylan looked ahead of us and laid his head down again. Not very far. I looked over at the bush that I

had been hiding behind, where I left my bag, and looked at Dylan again.

Hold on a sec. I walked over to the bush, grabbed my bag, and walked a little further away from

Dylan before I changed back to my human form. I kept an eye on him, in case Jared and his goons came back, as I got dressed. "I have a pair a sweat pants you can wear." I held the pants up for Dylan to see. "I can carry you back to the twins' house." Dylan laid and thought about it for a few minutes before he started to stand. I turned my back, giving him some privacy even though we've seen each other naked before from pack runs, and held the pants out behind me. He snatched them from my hand and grabbed onto my shoulder to keep from collapsing once he was covered. I handed him my bag and he slowly pulled it onto his back. I crouched a little and he managed to jump onto my back. I pulled him up off my waist and turned towards the twins house to start the long walk.

"Should I run or walk?"

"If you walk we'll get back in the middle of the night." Dylan placed one of his cheeks on my head

after answering my question. I pulled him up again and slowly worked my way up to a run.

Where are you? We've watched two movies already. I groaned a complaint for Ivey trying to talk to

me while I was pushing to make it back to the house.

Ran into a problem, I'm almost home. Ivey left me alone for the rest of the run, which was half an

hour long.

When I reached the back yard I slowed down and panted as I walked to back doors. The run had

taken about an hour and I was tired as hell. "How mad would you be if I dropped you?" He didn't respond. I looked up to see that he had fallen asleep. I sighed and walked into the house. "Guys?" I shook Dylan until he woke up. "Hey sleepy head." I slowly let Dylan down and he leaned against the nearest wall while we waited on the twins.

"H- What's he doing here?" Ivey asked curiously and Genevieve watched him cautiously.

"Jared and his goons tore him up." Ivey nodded and I looked over to see him practically asleep. "I'm

gonna help him up stairs, help him in the shower maybe."

"Mm, what?" Dylan stood up right and stared at me confused.

"Shower?" He nodded and rested his head against the wall again. I looked at the twins again and

Ivey smiled at me. I sighed, "Come on Beta Boy." I slung one of his arms around my shoulders and helped him up the stairs.

"Thanks for this." Dylan looked over at me, but I didn't look at him. His eyes darted to the floor and

he watched where we walked again.

"Shower or bath?" I turned on the water and waited for it to heat up while he sat on the closed toilet.

"I don't think I could stand long enough for a shower." I nodded and stopped up the tub and waited

for it to fill up. I sat on the edge and sighed.

"Do you think you can wash yourself?" He nodded and I rubbed my eye as I nodded back. "I'll get

you a towel and a wash rag." I walked out of the bathroom to the hall cupboard. I opened the door and grabbed his towels and closed the door to find Genevieve standing on the other side. "Yes Madame Creep?"

"Why are you helping him?"

"Why not?" I walked away from her and stopped in the doorway when I saw how badly Jared had

torn up Dylan. He looked up at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "I didn't notice how bad it was." He nodded and looked over at the almost filled tub. "Let me clean your face before you get in."

"Can I at least get in?" I turned off the water and slowly turned around again. "The smell of the

water is getting to me. I almost got in when you left the room." I smirked a little and nodded. He smiled a little and stood to take the pants off. I slipped pass him and got another wash cloth from the hall cupboard. I got a few things out from the medicine cabinet above the sink before I looked over to see Dylan practically asleep again.

"Hey." He jumped a little and rubbed his eyes. "Get this wet some." He took the rag and dipped it in

the water. I took it back and started wiping the blood off his face.

"I could have done this."

"Yeah, but not the medicine and bandages." He didn't abject and I finished wiping his face off. I put

medicine on the cuts and lash marks before I put any bandages on. "No getting your face wet." He opened his eyes and nodded. "I'm gonna get you some clothes while you wash up." He nodded and I left after I put the medicine and extra bandages back.

"So what happened?" Ivey laced her arms with one of mine and walked with me to one of the many

guest rooms where we had extra guy clothes in the dresser.

"I thought I already told you?"

"Right, sorry." I pulled a pair of boxers and pajama pants out. "How badly is he hurt?" I made a

thinking face and grabbed a shirt too just in case he wanted a shirt.

"Can't walk, his right leg is badly injured." I scratched my head and looked at her. "I'm gonna have

to bandage it, well, bandage most of him when he's done in the bathroom." Ivey nodded and looked over her shoulder quickly. She bit her lip and raised her eyebrows. So.. Is he a possibility??

I opened my mouth to respond, but I didn't know how to. "I don't know." She smiled and nodded. We

walked back towards the bathroom and I leaned on the wall before I spoke. "You done?"

"Yeah. Just need some clothes." I wrapped my arm around the door frame and he grabbed the clothes

from my hand. "I don't need the shirt." Dylan put the shirt back in my hand and Ivey and I walked back towards the guest room.

"I knew he'd say that."

"You know he can hear you right?" She smiled sheepishly.

I shook my head and put the shirt back. Ivey smiled at me again before she bounced away, not

literally though. I shook my head and walked down the hall to see Dylan leaning against the wall. "Tour?" He nodded and I wrapped his arm around my shoulders again. I showed him every room and the twins managed to pop up randomly throughout the tour. I glared at them every time and Ivey would just smile whereas Genevieve would continue to watch.

"That's it." Dylan sighed and walked into my room, probably not remembering it was my room. He

plopped down onto my bed, face down. "You know this is my room right?" I leaned against my door frame and crossed my arms over my chest.

Dylan sighed and started to get up. I shook my head and walked over to him. He looked up at me

with tired puppy dog eyes and I ruffled his hair. He leaned against me and sighed again. "Thanks so much Melanie."

"Your welcome." I played with his hair some more. "Did you want me to bandage you up?"

"Yeah. I got my leg done." He pulled up his pant leg and showed me the well wrapped wound. I

nodded in approval and quickly left and came back with the correct stuff to bandage him. He watched me as I wrapped his chest and put a bandage over the bite marks on his neck. I started wrapping his shoulder when he nuzzled my cheek.

"Dylan." I pushed his face away and he hung his head a little. "You don't have to constantly try to

get my approval." He didn't respond. I sighed and ruffled his hair again when I was done. He laid on his side and closed his eyes. I put the bandaging stuff back and came back to find him sleeping already. I smiled and left him to sleep.

**********************************************************************

Hmmm.... What's with this thing with Dylan?? ;) ;) I hope you guys are still liking the story :D Comment and Vote Please :D

Continue Reading