Doctor, Doctor (R.S.L)

Autorstwa Writing_Babe

He was only supposed to be her daughter's doctor. Their relationship was supposed to be professional, nothing... Więcej

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
New Book?
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 20

3.3K 120 43
Autorstwa Writing_Babe

Our life immediately resumed when we went back home, Ross and I going back to work. A lot of tears were shed when I said goodbye to my parents. I wasn't sure when I was going to see them next, but I hoped it was soon. Going months to even a year without seeing them was no longer an option. 

When summer officially arrived, Jess' summer camp began. With her occupied all day, I was able to pick up a few more hours at the restaurant. 

Too bad I was miserable. 

I wasn't sure if it was me, but I swear the customers had gotten even more rude. But for the sake of my job, I plastered on a smile. Was it bad that I wanted to poor drinks on their heads?

I felt like I should be doing more with my life. Being a waitress for the rest of my life wasn't part of the plan. Before Danny died, I planned on going to college, getting a degree and landing a full time job. I always dreamed of being a surgeon, and I felt like meeting Ross was some ironic twist of fate. 

He was the doctor and I was the waitress. 

But then I was raising my brother's baby, putting off college indefinitely. I loved Jess with all my heart, but I had my moments where I asked why me? Why did my brother and Sam decide to give me their daughter? They could've given her to our parents, or even Sam's parents. Why did they choose an eighteen year old girl just out of high school? 

Though despite my questions, I wouldn't change a thing. Jess was the best thing to ever happen to me. I feared the day I would have to tell her the truth. Would she hate me for lying? No longer consider me her mom? My blood pressure increased just by thinking of it. 

"You're quiet tonight." Ross commented, raising his eyebrows at me. "Everything okay?"

I nodded, twirling my fork in my spaghetti. "Just a crappy day at work. The usual." 

"If you hate your job so much, why don't you just quit? Find something you'll enjoy."

"Because no one's gonna hire someone without a college degree." 

"You could always go back to school." 

I let out a humorless laugh. "Easier said than done. Besides, I can't exactly afford that."

Any money I had was to pay the bills and anything Jess needed. Going back to school was the last thing on my mind. 

Dinner seemed to end on a sour note, and I was glad Morgan had offered to take Jess for the night. While Ross showered, I got ready for bed and snuggled under the covers. I didn't understand why asking such a simple question put me in a bitter mood? It was just a suggestion, nothing more. He meant well, that was all. 

I just hated how he made it sound so easy. Go back to school. Like I wasn't busy raising a child with a part-time job income. 

"I didn't mean to upset you." Ross said, stepping out of the bathroom in sweats. "I'm sorry." 

"Me, too." I murmured, watching as he got under the covers. "You have no idea how much I want to go back to school to get my degree. We never actually talked about it, but I've always wanted to be a surgeon. Just the thought of helping someone stay alive brought a smile to my face. But then the accident happened and college was on hold while I raised Jess."

"What about a scholarship?" He questioned. 

"Even if I could get one, what about Jess? I can't stick her with Morgan all the time when she's not in school. And how am I supposed to pay my bills if I quit my job? Going back to school is just out of the question." 

"You're forgetting one thing, Blake." He grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together. "You're not alone. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere. I love Jess like my own, and I love you, too. I plan on being with you for the rest of my life. So don't worry about the bills and taking care of Jess."

My heart practically melted at his words. "I can't ask you to do that."

"It's a good thing you're not asking." He smiled. 

"It'll be years before I'm out of school. I'll be in my thirties by the time I start an internship." How could I expect Ross to do all this for me? Let him pay for everything while I go to school just didn't seem fair." 

"Listen to me." He slightly chuckled, cupping my face. "I want to do this. I want to watch you become a kick ass surgeon. I don't care how long it takes you, babe. I don't like seeing you miserable at a job you don't like. If you want to be a surgeon, then go back to school. I want you to be happy."

"I am happy, Ross." I grinned. "I have you and Jess. I'm the happiest girl in the world."

"So don't worry about the money and Jess. I'm here. And I'll be here when you become a doctor and save lives."

~*~

Saturday, August 12, 2018. A normal date for some, but a special date for Ross and I. 

It was our one year anniversary. 

I couldn't believe it had been an entire year with Ross. It was definitely the best year of my life with the man I loved. I still got butterflies whenever we kissed, my heart rate would increase when he uttered the three words I loved to hear, and I smiled so wide with each hug. 

He was the only one that could make me feel like a teenager again. 

"What do you think he has planned?" Morgan wondered, a playful grin on her face. "A nice evening with a bubble bath and a round of passion in the throws?"

"Who says that?" I laughed. My best friend was not from this century. "He hasn't mentioned anything. When I woke up this morning he was gone. He's probably too busy at the hospital and forgot."

Though I tried to sound like it didn't bother me, I couldn't help but be a little disappointed at the possibility. He hadn't even called or texted. 

"But thanks for taking Jess for the night anyway." I added, giving her a smile that was slightly forced. If she noticed she didn't comment. 

She waved me off. "You know I love that munchkin. She's welcome here anytime. Besides, I wouldn't want her walking in on you and Ross bumping uglies. She would be scarred. And probably ask why Ross was wearing a stick, if you know what I mean."

My jaw dropped while she busted out into a fit of laughter. "Did you take something today? You're sick!" I couldn't imagine the horror of Jess ever walking in on Ross and I. Oh, God, my best friend was insane. 

"You have to admit it would be slightly funny." She laughed. 

"On what planet?!" 

The rest of the afternoon went on and I still had yet to here anything from Ross. My disappointment only grew, but I told myself that there was still hope. That he hadn't forgotten our anniversary. We never talked about doing something for our anniversary, but he was a hopeless romantic. I guess I just expected something to happen. 

Deciding to head home, I made my way to the room Jess stayed in whenever she stayed at Morgan's. She even had her name in wooden letters nailed on the door. 

As usual, she was playing with her Barbies on the floor, doing the voices for all the dolls. I smiled and leaned against the doorframe, just wanting to watch her for a moment. It was amazing how much she looked like both Danny and Sam. And I was pretty sure Danny played with Barbie's a few times when he was younger. 

That would've made for great blackmail. 

Fully entering her room, I crouched down in front of my baby. "Be good for Aunt Morgan, okay?"

She looked up from her dolls and nodded, flashing me a smile. "I always good, mommy."

I chuckled, kissing the top of her head. "Yes you are. But remember, bed time at seven. I don't want to hear from Aunt Morgan that you were up late, okay?" 

She nodded and crawled onto my lap, wrapping her little arms around my neck. I smiled and kissed her soft cheek, hugging her tight before letting her resume her playtime. I relished in these moments with my monkey. She was growing up too fast. 

I bid a goodbye to Morgan before heading home, wanting to just change into some sweats and snuggle under some blankets. I knew he was probably busy, but he couldn't take five minutes out of his day to just give me a call? I mean, did he really forget what today was? 

Walking into the apartment, I dropped my purse and keys onto the counter before stopping short. Ross stood in front of me, dawned in a suit and tie as he held a single rose. Candles and rose petals surrounded the apartment, soft music playing in the background. The candles gave off a gentle glow, replacing the actual light. 

It was beautiful. 

I was absolutely speechless. Each time I opened my mouth, nothing would come out. How could I have doubted him for even a second? I never should've given up hoping that he would remember our anniversary. 

Taking my hand in his, he handed me the rose, kissing my forehead as he did so. "I know you thought I forgot." He whispered, pressing his forehead against mine as he stared into my eyes. "But I could never forget the day I finally made you mine. I just wanted to plan this night for you. I wanted it to be perfect."

I smiled so wide, the familiar butterflies reappearing. I was definitely the luckiest girl in the world. 

"You look really handsome." I murmured, playing with the collar of his suit. "Could you wear this all the time? Or you could switch off between this suit and your birthday suit. Either one is good. Great, actually." 

He smirked, raising his eyebrows at me before lifting me up bridal style, hurrying towards the bedroom. I let out a squeal as he dropped me on the bed, climbing on top of me and crashing his lips against mine. 

~*~

Taking a bubble bath with the man of your dreams was a lot better than giving your daughter one. I sighed in content, leaning back against Ross' chest. Bubbles covered our bodies, leaving nothing but our heads and shoulders untouched. Candles were our only source of light, making the moment that more romantic. 

He wrapped his arms around my stomach, lacing our fingers together. Nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck, he peppered the area with kisses, forcing me to bite my lip as a smile began to break through. 

"You sure know how to plan an anniversary date." I mumbled. 

He hummed. "And there's more to come. I can promise you that." 

By the time we stepped out of the tub, we were basically prunes. We wrapped ourselves up in towels before stepping out of the bathroom. The blankets were already ruffled, proof of our previous actions. I could feel a blush creeping up from my neck to my cheeks. 

Was it weird to classify him as a sex God? 

We changed into our pajamas before cuddling on the couch, the candles still lit and rose petals still in place. If I could freeze this moment in time, I would. I wanted to capture it and hold it in my heart forever. I still couldn't believe he had done this. 

"So I sent in some college applications today." I informed him quietly. He looked at me, silently telling me to go on. "And I know we haven't talked about moving if I got into a college out of state, but these were the schools that accepted me before."

"Where did you apply?"

"UCLA, NYU, and Columbia University." I bit my lip, nervous for his reaction. "If I got into NYU or Columbia, then I could go to their graduate school for med school. I know they're in New York, and like I said before, we haven't talked about it, but-"

"Blake, stop." He gently cut me off. "If we have to move to New York, then we will. I can find another job at a hospital. I don't want to brag or anything, but I've been told I'm an awesome doctor."

"And cocky, too." I muttered. He grinned, twirling a piece of my hair around his finger. "But are you sure? I don't want to just uproot your life like that."

"My life is wherever you are. If we move to New York, then we move to New York. I'll be right by your side the entire time. And when you get into med school, you'll have a tutor ready."

I grinned teasingly. "Hmm, I knew there was a reason I kept you around." 

"Is that so?" He challenged. I nodded. "There's no other reason you keep me around?"

"I guess it doesn't hurt that you're hot. Naked or clothed. Though I prefer naked."

"Then it's a good thing I prefer you naked, too." He smirked. "And since we're dressed right now, I say we fix that."

It was safe to say that we spent the entire night naked. 

The next chapter will be the last before the epilogue. Thank you to everyone who has supported this book and all my others. I love you all so much. 

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

16.8K 882 45
The extention of 'love sick.' For more info go and read my first story "love sick"..
11.2K 157 38
Two girls have the opportunity of a lifetime when they meet their idols, R5. Together, they must deal with drama, love, and life-threatening situatio...
17.4K 507 10
Ross does something to Laura that break her heart, he never knew exactly what he felt for Laura so he just used her as a toy, but once he lost her he...
6 0 12
What happens when a doctor and a criminal fall in love?