The Power of a Muted Mate

By Flaglover98

Melody Winters has been abused by her father since her mom died when she was seven. At the age of ten she sto... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Author's note
I'm curious (Author's note)

Chapter 14

14K 373 9
By Flaglover98

Randal's POV

I heard the yelling coming from Melody's room so I quickly rushed up there to investigate. Never in my life would I have imagined the scene before me that I was seeing. Her father was standing over her in his boxers, and there was Melody laying down on the ground, all bloody and curled into a ball. She looked over to me, and I saw the scared look in her eyes. That was all it took to make me lose it. I felt my wolf take over and my eyes turn black. All I could see was red when I walked up to her father and punched him so hard that he turned unconscious. Just as I was about to punch him again, I heard a soft whimper. I looked over at Melody, and she was crying and shaking from fear and shock over what just happened. Quickly I got control back, and then I walked over to her and picked her up.

"I am so sorry Mel," I said, "I shouldn't have trusted him, I thought that he truly just wanted to say goodbye, I could never have imagined he would try to do something like this with me sitting right there in the living room. I am so sorry. Let's go home."

When I said that she just curled into my chest and started sobbing; she was sobbing so hard it made my heart break. I should have been there for her, I should have been more careful, I should have known that her father wouldn't stop abusing her. I started walking towards my house, and as I opened the door, I heard Melody sigh. It sounded so peaceful and so beautiful. I couldn't help myself, I kissed her forehead and whispered the words "I love you" right as she fell limp in my arms. She had fallen asleep. I was happy, she felt safe enough around me to fall asleep in my arms, and it showed that she was truly beginning to trust me. I walked up to my room and laid her down on my bed, then I quickly got ready for bed, and then crawled in beside her and wrapped my arm around her waist. She snuggled in towards me, and she let out a contented sigh. I couldn't help but smile, my mate was perfect, and I loved her. There is nothing I wouldn't do to keep her happy and safe. So I fell asleep, with thoughts of my beautiful mate running through my head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 7.7K 55
WARNING: This novel contains depictions of Rape, Abuse and Violence. Read at your own risk. 18 year old Starr has never had it easy in life. Her moth...
474K 14.6K 32
Abused. Beaten. Broken. Scarred. James is a desperate man caught up in a cruel existence of disgust and ridicule. OMEGA. A curse spit at him from his...
77.3K 2.3K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
9.9K 504 52
Follow Ruby as she gets tired of her pack ignoring her and her family pretending she doesn't exist. Watch as the ones who are suppose to love her, he...