The Billionaire Playboy's Bri...

By Meghana_N_S

Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both ou... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: First Meeting
Chapter 2: The Proposition
Chapter 3: Her Plot!
Chapter 4: Shock! Not a Surprise.
Chapter 5: The Contract!
Chapter 6: Wedding Shopping!
Chapter 7: Negotiation!
Chapter 8: Life with Him?
Chapter 9: Wedding Ceremony & Reception!
Chapter 10: Wedding Night!
Chapter 11: Suspicions
Chapter 12: Intention?!
Chapter 13: Distance
Chapter 14: Him!
Chapter 16: New Entry
Chapter 17: Dinner & with Barbie
Chapter 18: Ex Bitch!
Chapter 19: Harsh Slap
Chapter 20: Affair with my Husband!
Chapter 21: Misunderstood Feelings
Chapter 22: Past Revelations!
Chapter 23: Divorce & Kidnap?
Chapter 24: Clarified Confusion!
Chapter 25: Accidents!
Chapter 26: Away from him.
Chapter 27: New Doubts...
Chapter 28: Loud & Clear!
Chapter 29: Confirmations..
Chapter 30: Last Chance...
Chapter 31: Mystery
Chapter 32: Abducted?
Chapter 33: Hope.
Chapter 34: Escape?
Chapter 35: Runaway Again.
Chapter 36: A Missing Puzzle
Chapter 37: Partial?
Chapter 38: Questions.
Chapter 39: Answers.
Chapter 40: Get together
Chapter 41: Locked.
Chapter 42: Ours..
Epilogue - 1
Epilogue - 2

Chapter 15: Nowhere!

25K 833 34
By Meghana_N_S

Evelyn's POV

I heard a few hard knocks and then the banging! Who is it?!

"You!"

"You!"

I heard two familiar voices at the same time. Oh oh! Shit!

"What are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I heard them ask each other again at the same time as I ran down the stairs.

Oh God why?! She stood there glaring at him and for the first time I saw Nick being speechless. She was assessing him from head to toe noticing his shirt. Those missing buttons which flew away as I tore his shirt apart. And his tousled hair. Ugh!

"Aaaah... come in." He finally said and she took a quick look of the living room. I knew it. I was just packing everything; it might look to her as though...... we were doing... 'stuff'? Here in the living room. Well that's what it looks like with all the things thrown on the floor. Most of the things were fallen or broken. Isn't it embarrassing!? I think I should make myself known as Nick stood awkwardly behind her.

I came forward with a sheepish smile. Oops! She already seems angry...

"Bitch! You didn't tell me anything!" She was screaming at me. And remember she rarely does that. All I could do was play with my fingers trying to hide my smile. Nick being the gentleman that he is, moved away from us trying to give us some space. I quickly pulled her to a room and locked it. "Explain" she said folding her arms across her chest.

But this time I came up with nothing but silence. She's my best friend. In fact the only true relative in my life. Not even Nick. Uncle Roger, I mean her dad treated me like his daughter. We were to support each other as sisters if any problem were to come in our life. But now.... I don't want to involve her in any of my problems. "What happened Kate? Are you and Nick like.. like together? Or are you still going out? And when did all this start? At the club that night?" She asked curiously. Looking at her now all her anger seems to have dissipated and all I could see on her face is worry. Seems to me that we are both in the same situation. I can see that she is in the same dilemma as I am.

I need to be truthful to her. For once. Because without telling her, even I can't live with peace. She needs to know at least some part of the truth.
"I myself don't know when and where it started Carr. It just happened. I don't even know what we are." I snorted remembering something and continued "We definitely are not together. Are we seeing each other? I don't know. May be yes. I don't know what he'll say to that. It's hard to guess" I said, and she nodded in understanding. At least to some extent I told her what's happening in my life. Though we're together, we still don't have each other. But.... "What are you doing here? I didn't think you'd be here... I mean you've kind of disappeared since you met Daniel...." I asked.

Oh oh. Now she seemed guilty. Not just her but we've both disappeared on each other. Just here and there talks with Sophia Aunty, her mom but other than that nothing. "I'm so sorry Kate... I didn't even realise that. I just needed you today. I didn't know where and who to go to. I remembered you and I just came here without thinking for a moment. I know I sound selfish; I came here only when I needed you... I wasn't there for you. I miss you... I don't even know how Mom and Dylan are. I just speak to them once in a while." She said with guilt.

She doesn't have to feel guilty for staying with her guy. He kept his promise. And looks after her family like his own. "Oh, don't worry about them. I spoke to your mom that day. She said that your lover boy is really sweet and that he has been paying Dylan's school's fees. Her account is filled every month. He sends men to check on them regularly and oh! He gifted your Mom her favourite car so that she doesn't have to take a cab every time cause last time, he saw her walking and waiting for a bus he got seriously angry. He takes care of them like they are his own family."
I said trying to seem excited to cheer her up. While she was flabbergasted at the revelation. I thought she knew. Her man is such a sweetheart.

"But Kate...." awww... now what have you done Carr? I hope nothing stupid. "I left him... I just couldn't do it. So, I left him" she said. Oh fuck! I frowned at her expecting more information when she didn't speak any further. "I love him. And he doesn't have the same feelings. It was getting awkward. And I left. I mean how else do you think I should have reacted to that?" She asked. How else could she have reacted. Obviously! I thought thinking about the similar situation that I am in and nodded my head saying a 'yes' to her decision. What else could she have done?

I know something serious has happened. I mean she wasn't supposed to come back so early from Greece. "I know you're not telling me the entire thing, but it's ok. I can wait. Tell me some time later. But you are going to tell me" I warned her, and she nodded with a smile. But soon that vanished as we heard a commotion outside and the sound of few things falling and breaking.

Nicholas's POV

What's Caroline doing here?! Didn't I just talk to Daniel when Eve had gone to take a bath. Alex was here with the information regarding those guys following my Eve.
That's when Daniel called and told us that she confessed to him that she loves him... I still remember the conversation. That Asshole just went on and on about Melanie... my ex. Actually, his ex too. I mean our ex! He called Alex and thankfully I was there right next to him. It seems she said those three magical words and he hasn't talked to her since. I mean what the-! Shit! Is that why Caroline is here. Because he was being an ass to her?! Oh, I get it now! I need to call him right now!

Before I could find my cellphone, I heard loud banging on the door. What's with everyone banging the door today? Hello! There's a doorbell. It's so fu*king annoying I thought and opened the door. Little did I know that I'd be visited by a punch which made me fall on the floor. When I looked up at that familiar face, I was even more confused.

Daniel seemed furious for some reason. That was directed towards me. I have no fu*king idea why?!
Before he could kick me, I rolled on the floor and kicked his leg making him fall too. He then pushed me back and sat up on me punching on my face again. Damn! I'm trying to be easy with him cause he's my friend but he's not making it anymore easy.

We were still fighting, rolling over each other and throwing punches at each other when we heard a scream. The girls!

Caroline pulled him back and slapped him on the face. Woah! That was wow.

"Are you crazy?! Why are you hitting him? Look at his face... and look at your face. Idiot!" She scolded him, hitting his chest childishly.

Eve came and hugged my arm looking at my face pitifully. Is it looking that bad? Ugh!
Caroline pulled him onto the sofa as we sat opposite them. When I glared at him Eve tightened her hold around my hand. And I blinked my eyes letting her know I'm calm now.

That's when Daniel stood up and said "I want to have a talk with Nick..." both girls shouted 'No'

But I think I actually have the right to know why my best friend did what he just did. He looked guilty now though. We went to the same room which Eve and Caroline had occupied earlier.

"Actually.... uhm. Sorry" he said but I raised my eyebrows instead questioning him meaning that I understood nothing. "After I finished the call with you and Alex, I sneaked out of the house so that I could surprise Cara. But unfortunately, she was not at home. After tracing her call I got to know she is here. Oh! And I saw.... your car here as well" he paused for a bit seeing if I understood anything. So? So, what if my car is here?

"And what connection does this have with me. Or with you just storming in and hitting me straight?" I asked and waited for him to answer. Oh wait! Now I get it! "and you thought we both are here together?!" I asked and he nodded confirming my suspicions. "Don't worry..!! actually........ I have a thing going on with her best friend. I mean Kate." I said. Well that's the name by which he knows her, and I couldn't just face him right now. I've never hidden something from him or Alex.

I heard him snicker and I looked up to glare at him "So Kate huh? Katherine's become Kate already. A new love story and that too Nick's" he teased. This is why I didn't tell this ass!

But I returned him with a smile and said "It's a long story. Let's save it for another time. Maybe it was easy for me to accept that you are already involved in a serious relationship or feelings because of her..." I said and trailed off. Eve did play an important role in my love life now that I think about it.

"Dude.... you've grown up" he said, and he started laughing. "This serious conversation is not for us. Let's wait for Alex to meet us when we have such talks. So.... both me and you are having a hard time. Great! Thanks for the company man. Come let's go back they'll be waiting for us." He said and I agreed. We opened the door suddenly to see the girls with their ears on the door. When Eve looked up her face suddenly turned red out of embarrassment. I held her by the waist escorted back to the living room.
Eve bought a first aid kit to clean up my cut. And that slight little bruise, she was already so worried. I was just looking at her face mesmerized by her beautiful face, eyes, lips, nose?

After some time, I heard Daniel "Come on, let's go back home" Don't you think he's worse than me. Isn't that supposed to be a question?

Evelyn's POV

We ran out into the living room shocked to see Nick and Daniel rolling upon each other to throw punches and kicks at each other. I started screaming like a mad woman but that was a good thing since they stopped and looked at us. Carr quickly pulled Daniel away from Nick and slapped him hard on his cheeks. Oops!

"Are you crazy?! Why are you hitting him? Look at his face and look at your face. Idiot!" She scolded him, hitting his chest.

While I pulled Nick onto his feet. Looking at his swollen face and held on to his arm.
I looked at Daniel and he looks angry which was now directed towards Carr. He didn't even answer her or even look at her when she pulled him up to the sofa beside him. I looked back at Nick again and he calmed himself looking back at my face that was filled with worry. From the corner of my eye, I saw Carr looking at us both with a lovey-dovey look. If she really knew!

Daniel suddenly stood up and said, "I want to have a talk with Nick..." both me and Carr shouted "NO" together.

But Nick stood up as well and nodded while he was still glaring at Daniel. Are they mad? They still want fight?! Daniel shrugged and then they both went into the same room and closed it.
Idiots! They didn't even lock it. Me and Carr were curious so we ran and kept our ears on the door

Damn! Couldn't they speak a bit louder. We couldn't make out a single word they spoke. Only some light murmuring. And then suddenly the door opened, and we both gave them a sheepish smile as they were amused looking at us.

We all went back into living room and sat for a bit. Carr and I decided to clean up their wounds. Nick face was just a bit swollen which would come down by tomorrow.

Daniel's slight cut on his jaw was still bleeding. Carr purposely dabbed the cotton on his face but his face still held a smile looking at her face. Such a cute couple. Why can't me and Nick be like that?

After some time, Daniel cleared his voice bringing us all into attention. "Come on, let's go back home". He said. And I held back my laugh. No wonder Nick is his friend.

And I told you Carr seems to be in a bitchy mode. "NO!" She screamed.
He gave her the puppy dog eye and she turned her face away repeating a 'NO' again.

He suddenly got up calmly but held a mischievous smirk and quickly carried her on his shoulders.

"DANIEL... DANIEL PUT ME DOWN"
that is all I heard. He was already out of the door and Nick pulled me back holding my hand.

"Let them be" he said pulling me back onto the sofa with him. "Shall we continue what we were doing?" He asked caressing my cheeks looking into my eyes.

"In your dreams" I teased as he pulled me onto his lap with me straddling him. I traced the light bruise on his cheekbone. "Why did you both get into a fight?" I asked sternly.

"Nothing serious" he shrugged. But looking at my glare he continued "he traced Caroline's phone which said she was here and when he came here, he saw my car and thought we both came here together. But seeing me with you, his doubts are now cleared" he explained.

Looking at our position now don't you think we're too close. He doesn't love me while I started to consider my true, real feelings for him. But later I obviously felt like a fool in front of him. He was just trying to get a hold on his money. We can never be a couple like Carr and her guy. This is all about sex for him.

"What are you thinking?" He asked and I think my head saying nothing. Why can't guys not think about sex all the time. Is that all they can see in a girl. Why can't they ever consider her feelings? I want to go back to my lonely life again.

'No boyfriend, no husband. Just single'

"Wait! You have a husband here!" He said pointing at himself and I just stared blank at him. Like almost everything in my life is over. Carr did a good job coming here, now I know where my life is heading. Nowhere.

Nick was still looking at me carefully, if I'm fine, when his phone started ringing. I nodded towards his pocket to pick it.

"Yes Mark" he sounded bored and uninterested.

"I think we've found one of the men who was trying to follow Mrs. Perkins. He tried to pretend that he is one of our men. But as of I remember we don't have any old men working for us. Or under you." I heard him say proudly. Obviously, he was too excited and shouting into the phone and my ear was right below the phone.

Follow me? "Where's he right now?"
He asked.

"Right outside the house. Behind a tree. We have a lot of people roaming here" he said, and Nick nodded before cutting the call and actually pushed me onto the sofa as he got up. Asshole! My ass is aching.

I followed him to the door but ran as I got to know his intention. But I was too late. This prick just locked me inside my own house.
Huh! He forgot. There's something also known as a back door. I thought to myself with a wicked smile. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159 3 38
"Cut the Mr. Knight bullshit, sweetheart. We both know I'm more than just your boss and it's futile to believe otherwise." He growls. He leans close...
65.9K 2.8K 31
you can see it on Amazon Kindle... In the heart of Victorian London lives a girl names Katherine Davis. She is the real life Cinderella yet she was d...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...
534K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...