The Blood Of A God || Loki La...

By Breathe_Me

Loki Laufeyson has finally been pardoned. After he saved his brother's life and was brought back from the bri... More

Description
I - Her
II - Ace & Newt
III - The Head Guard
IV - Hiding Something
V - Drunk
VI - Storm
VII - Blame
VIII - Terrified
IX - I Can't Change
X - Recovery
XI - L'appel du Vide
XII - Favor
XIII - None Of Us Are Innocent
XIV - Attack
XV - Honesty
XVI - The Art Of War
XVII - Vulnerability
XVIII - Save You
XIX - Civil War
XX - We Are Never The Same
XXI - Repaired
XXII - Anchor
XXIII - Arranged
XXIV - The Good
XXV - Ying & Yang
XXVI - Fireworks
XXVII - Dangerous
XXVIII - Waltz
XXIX - Take It
XXX - Erico
XXXI - Draugr
XXXII - Kane
XXXIII - Regal
XXXIV - Eight
XXXV - Jet
XXXVI - Strong
XXXVII - Own Good
XXXVIII - Run
XXXIX - Silence
XLI - Venomous
XLII - Conduit
XLIII - Corruption
XLIV - You Can't Kill Me
XLV - Price
XLVI - Pentagram
XLVII - Alive
XLVIII - Sirens
XLIX - Crescent
L - Terrible Things & Wonderful People
LI - Volatile
LII - Everything You Love
LIII - Carry You With Me
LIV - Numb
LV - Warriors
LVI - Sets You Right
LVII - Fealty
LVIII - Still Beating
LIX - I Adore You
Epilogue
Author's Note & Alternate/Bonus Ending

XL - Unconventional

28.6K 1.2K 383
By Breathe_Me

Sorry I haven't updated in such a long time. Getting prepared for school + it starting got in the way, I guess? I dunno.

I got a Macbook a few days ago which means I'll probably be able to write more often. :3

Hope you like it. 

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fourty

Loki was standing in the hallway, leaning against the wall. He kept staring at the door that led to the room Seline was being held in. He wanted to go inside, but Fury had said that no one was allowed to until he had had a proper talk with her.

It became clear that that rule didn't apply to some people when Jordan came out of the hallway. He had his hands shoved in his pockets, and a ghost of a smile came over his face when he saw Loki standing there.

"I can't help but wonder why you haven't tried to teleport yourself into her cell yet," he said.

"Fury has told us not to," Loki muttered, looking around him at the corner of the hallway.

"I'm sorry, are you not Loki, the God of Mischief?"

Loki raised a brow, then narrowed his eyes at him. "Pardon?"

"You're known for breaking and finding a way around the rules," he said, smiling. "She needs you. Now go."

"How exactly did you even get in there on your own? Did Fury not lock all of the doors?"

"Dude, I'm a hundred and fifty year-old vampire. They can't stop me with a few machine locks."

Loki smirked a little. Aside from Seline, he could always tell when someone was lying to him. It seemed that Jordan could tell, because he sighed loudly.

"Fine," he groaned, then pulled a card in a plastic case from his back pocket. When Loki took a closer look at the name and photo on the card, he simply couldn't help but grin. It belonged to none other than Phil Coulson.

"I swiped it from him when he walked past me. It's not that hard when you can move faster than the human eye can process," he chuckled. "It's also not that hard to kick the door down, but this was much more fun."

Loki nodded, still smirking a little. He could see why Seline liked this man so much. He was rather amusing to be around.

"Here," Jordan held the card out to him. "You'll need it to get back through the door."

"Who ever said that opening it was the only way to get through?"

Jordan blinked a few times. "What, you can walk through walls or something?"

Loki grinned.

"Are you serious?"

Loki just hummed in reply, then walked past Jordan and down the hallway.

He never was one to follow the rules, after all. His methods were unconventional at best.

His almost cheerful mood faded rather quickly when he reached the outside of the room. There was a door and a wall of glass between him and Seline, and it felt as if they were miles apart. He didn't like that.

He placed his hand against the metal door, and then concentrated before he closed his eyes. If he had them open, he would see his skin slowly moving transparent, and he would begin to feel not even the warm air coming from the vents on him. He took a step forward and tried his hardest to imagine himself going through the door. And when he finally opened his eyes again, he was in the same room as Seline's cell.

She was leaning against the class, on the opposite side from her bed. It seemed like she was staring at it. Her back was facing him.

"Seline," he called out, but she either didn't hear him, or didn't want to respond. He was betting on the latter.

He was almost convinced that she was going to stay completely silenced, but then she finally spoke, her voice almost hoarse from being unused. Perhaps it was also because she had been crying.

"They want me to join SHIELD," she said. "Maybe even as an Avenger."

He walked around the glass so that he could at least get a good look at her face. "Can you not just simply refuse?"

"That's the problem," she said, her voice now cracking. She was frustrated, and she was almost crying because of it. "I don't want to."

"You wish to become an Avenger?"

"I wish to help people," she said, and as he moved so that he could see her well, he saw that there were streaks of tears down her cheeks. She was no longer crying, but she certainly had been. "Just for once, I want to help someone!"

"You have," he said, his brow furrowed. "You have helped people. You know that."

"I have killed far more than I've helped," she argued, her voice suddenly rising as she went to her feet. She was angry now.

"Seline, I-"

"Everyone that I have ever loved has died, Loki! Anyone that I have ever gotten close to! Amond, Kayla, Megan, all of them! Anyone that I get close to will end up killed," her voice cooled a little.

"That isn't-"

"The Avengers, as well as you, will all fall in the same way. I promise you that. It will be my fault. Get out while you still have the chance."

He was stunned for a moment, but then he gritted his teeth. "You were going to run, weren't you? That was what Jacob said. Are you really that selfish, Seline?!" He hit his hand against the glass, but she wasn't startled. "You were about to leave Jordan behind because you were afraid of hurting him, but you couldn't see that the only way you could ever hurt him as by leaving!"

She was surprised, but then a look of anger crossed her face and she turned away from him.

He suddenly appeared in front of her, his expression matching her own.

"Don't turn your back on me!" he shouted, his hands going to her shoulders to make sure she didn't move.

She hit his hands off of her, then shoved him backwards.

"Why?! Are you really that prideful that you can't stand to have someone disagree with you?! That you can't stand the fact that someone would rather just forget and leave everything behind than stay by your side?! Than stay by the side of people who will only leave one way or another in the end?!"

It wasn't until then that Loki realized he hadn't been talking about Seline hurting Jordan. He had been talking about Seline hurting him. But even so, his anger refused to die down.

"Why did you leave Asgard?!" he shouted, unaware that at this point, half of the helicarrier knew that they were screaming at each other.

That caught her by surprise, and her eyes widened a little.

"Why did you leave me?" his voice calmed ever so slightly, and it almost sounded broken. She could hear the pain in it.

"Because I would have hurt you," she said, swallowing. "Don't you get it? I still could. I'm a danger to society, Loki! I'm the thing that parents tell their children stories about to keep them from going out late in the night! I'm the one that people have nightmares of!"

He didn't quite know what to say.

"You should be terrified of me!" The frustration suddenly returned. "Why aren't you?!"

He couldn't find the correct words at first, but after a moment of silence, he finally knew.

"Seline, despite what you may say, I know that you would never harm me or anyone else that you care for. Because of that, you do not frighten me, and you never will."

She stared up at him, her expression nearly unreadable. She was no longer angry, but now she seemed confused. Perhaps even unsure. But he could see the fire flaring in her eyes, a fire of determination. She was pushing through, he could see that. She wasn't willing to give up, not now. Perhaps he had helped her. Perhaps, this time, she would stay. She would allow herself to be happy.

To him, she was the good that fought the evil. But to her, she was the evil.

Maybe he along with Jordan, Jacob, and the other Avengers... Maybe they could help her think differently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 71 37
On Asgard, Odin is critically ill, possibly even dying. Odin has banished Loki to Midgard for all eternity. Odin has sent for Thor to take the throne...
211 9 11
"How the bloody hell did I get here?" It was a question that Loki often asked himself, even though he knew the answer. He was well aware of all of h...
71.2K 1.9K 35
Kari is a simple girl, born of Asgard and Midgard. Her mother supposedly died in childbirth, so she spent her life on Asgard. But when her father com...
1.1K 100 23
In this alternate universe, Loki has been exiled to Midgard when Odin sees through his disguise (Think the end of Thor, The Dark World). He is haunte...