The Opposite Of Attraction ✔️

By greyfarrell

Is the phrase "Opposites attract" right? Maybe... But not for Sophia Mackenzie and Damon Blake. The phrase fo... More

Description
Authors Note and TRIGGER WARNINGS
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chatper Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Epilogue
Thank You
Other Books And Where To Find Me

Chapter Twelve

44.9K 1.2K 617
By greyfarrell

SOPHIA

I was in full on panic mode as I drove back to school.

Damon saw me.

What was I supposed to tell him when he asked why I was there? He couldn't find out about Tori, no one could. All anyone knew was that I had a little sister, that was it. Other than Garrett and my family, no one knew that Tori was sick.

I could already imagine what life would be like if he found out.

First he would pretend he was sorry for me to see if he could get more information out of my, then he would tell the whole school about Tori. And knowing Damon, he'd probably bend the truth and tell everyone I did something to put her in the hospital.

Then everyone would hate me, Dylan would break up with me, and Damon would win our little popularity contest.

Life would suck, I'd get depressed, I'd start failing school because I didn't want to go and be harassed everyday by the people that once liked me.

And when I failed school I wouldn't be able to get into a good college, which meant I'd have to get a job at McDonalds.

I'd move into a tiny, rundown apartment that wouldn't have electricity due to the little money I'd get from my job, and by that point I'd be single because no guy would ever date me.

So I'd die alone in my tiny apartment and no one would even notice I was gone because they'd still think I hurt Tori so bad she had to be hospitalized.

BEEEEEEP

I jumped when I heard the loud horn of the car behind me.

Why the hell did they honk at me?

I looked around to see what I was doing wrong, and realized that the light was green.

I pressed my foot to the gas pedal and continued my way back to school with my head cleared of all thoughts. The whole car honking incident ended up taking my mind off of the scene at the hospital, so I guess I had the people behind me to thank for being so rude.

The rest of the drive back to school was peaceful and relaxing. I didn't need to worry about seeing Damon until tomorrow so why should I panic today anyway?

I pulled into the school parking lot just as the bell signalling the end of lunch rang.

- - - - - -

Detention.

How could I forget about detention?

It was the end of the school day for everyone else except for me and the other unfortunate people that had to stay back an extra hour.

Stupid Damon and his stupid talking in class that started our stupid argument that landed us in stupid detention.

Today was completely stupid.

I was sluggishly walking to detention when a thought hit me, causing me to stop dead in my tracks in horror.

If Damon and I both had detention today he would have the chance to ask me why I was at the hospital earlier today.

What did I do to deserve this? Was I cursed?

All I wanted to do was go home and sleep,  but instead I had to go to detention and sit through a Damon interrogation.

I was doing some serious sulking as I walked into the detention room. I looked around, desperately trying to find someone I could talk to the whole time so Damon wouldn't approach me, but there was no one in the room besides the teacher.

I took a seat at the back corner of the room, dreading the moment when Damon walked through the door, and moments later he did.

He looked around and smirked when he saw that it was only me and him. That was all the confirmation I needed to know my suspicions were correct. He was about to drill me with questions.

He made his way towards me, like a lion stalking its prey, and sat down at the desk beside mine. This was probably the only time he'd ever willingly sit beside me.

I reached for my backpack on the floor beside me, fully intending on moving to a different desk far away from Damon, but the teacher interrupted my escape.

"I guess it's just you two today, you can sit and think about what you did wrong while I go get a snack."

Once he was done giving us a stern look he grabbed his belongings and left the room.

"He's not coming back." Damon muttered, more to himself than me.

"He said he was getting a snack, why wouldn't he come back?" I questioned before I could stop myself. I didn't want to speak to him in case he saw that as an invitation to start his interrogation, but it was like second nature to argue with him.

"I'm in detention a lot and that teacher never comes back when he grabs a snack." He pointed out, rolling his eyes. Then he abruptly stood up, causing the chair he was just sitting on to almost fall over.

I looked up at him in confusion.

"I'm getting out of here." He called over his shoulder as he made his way towards the door.

"What? That's not fair!" I exclaimed, quickly snatching up my backpack and following after him.

"Oh, so you're stalking me now." He mused cockily.

"I'm not stalking you. I just don't want to sit in detention for an hour all alone if the teacher isn't coming back." I defended myself.

"Well in that case, get in the car." He ordered, opening the passenger door to his car.

I didn't even realize we'd already made it outside and to the parking lot.

"Why? So you can take me to the woods and murder me?" I said dramatically.

"I'm not gonna kill you. Unfortunately I need you for our project, so get in the car." He repeated.

"Fine." I grumbled, sliding into the passenger seat.

He got in soon after and then we were off to wherever we were going. I really shouldn't have gotten in the car, I couldn't trust Damon. Maybe this was some elaborate plan to question me about the hospital.

Suddenly music filled the car and my worries faded into the back of my mind. Music always calmed me.

A soft, pleasant song swirled in the air and I was enjoying it when Damon suddenly reached for the car stereo, mumbling "This song sucks."

"I like this song!" I exclaimed, startling him with my loudness. He probably forgot I was even in the car with him.

He huffed out an annoyed breath but didn't change the song.

I smiled over at him even though he his eyes were trained on the road. For once he actually let me get my way, and didn't even argue about it.

About twenty minuets passed before we finally came to a stop in front of a run down bowling alley. Why were we here?

"I always come here after school." Damon explained, probably noticing my confusion.

I didn't say anything as we got out of the car and made our way into the building.

"Damon! I though you weren't gonna come today. Where were you?" A guy sitting behind the shoe counter exclaimed when we walked through the door.

Damon's smile was genuine, which definitely surprised me, as he replied "I had detention."

"When are you gonna learn?" The guy asked rhetorically, shaking his head at the boy beside me.

Damon rolled his eyes while I giggled at the comment. Knowing Damon, he'd never learn.

That caught the attention of the man, and he finally noticed me.

"Who's she Damon? You never bring girlfriends here." He asked.

Damon opened his mouth like he was about to say something, but quickly shut it, then repeated the motion again.

Taking pity on the poor guy, I stepped in.

"I'm Sophia." I introduced, sticking my hand out for him to shake.

"I'm Tom." He replied, smiling and shaking my hand.

Once the handshake ended we both turned to face Damon.

"If this is the same Sophia you claim to hate so much, why in the world did you bring her here?" Tom asked.

So he talks about me behind my back to random people at a bowling alley. Interesting.

"She was in detention with me, and when I ditched she followed me out so I just told her to get in the car. I'd rather drive than have her stalk me in her own car." Damon explained.

What an ass. I would've just went home if he hadn't told me to get in his car.

"Why do you think I'd follow you? I'd rather jump off a cliff than spend extra time with you" I defended myself.

He smirked, "Because you secretly love me, duh."

I let out a humourless laugh. "In your dreams."

"Children, children, let's not argue. This bowling alley is a happy place, let's not disrupt the peace." Tom said, efficiently putting an end to our argument.

"Sorry." Damon and I muttered at the same time.

He let out a scoff while I rolled my eyes, it always made him mad when we said the same thing, while I just found it amusing.

"Well, are you guys gonna bowl or what?" Tom asked.

We both nodded and got bowling shoes, then went to a lane.

"Prepare to lose." Damon said cockily.

Little did he know, I used to bowl all the time, and I got pretty good at it.

I gave him an innocent smile and grabbed a sparkly purple bowling ball before taking position at the end of the lane. I rolled the ball easily and it knocked down all but two pins.

When I turned around to get another ball Damon still had that cocky smirk on his face.

I rolled the ball down the lane and hit the final two pins.

"Not bad, a spare." Damon muttered as he walked passed me to take his turn.

Turns out his cocky attitude was all an act, he got a gutter ball his first try, and three pins the second time.

"Wow, you're great at this. I'm totally gonna lose." I teased sarcastically when I walked by him to take my turn.

"I'm just taking it easy on you!" He called back to me.

This time I got a strike.

I was definitely going to beat him.

- - - - - -

I won by a lot. He didn't even hit 90 points, while I got over 200. And boy was he mad.

"I really though you'd be good at bowling, since you do go to the bowling alley all the time." I teased as he drove us home.

"Shut up." Was his genius reply.

"Make me." I shot back.

He just grumbled curses under his breath in reply.

Thankfully I didn't have to deal with him much longer since he pulled onto our street.

"Can you drive like a man and hurry up, I want to get home today you know." I complained, causing him to slam down on the gas petal to show me that he could, in fact, drive like a man.

"That's better." I muttered to no one in particular.

A minute later we pulled into his driveway.

I practically jumped out of the car and ran home. All I wanted was to grab a snack and lay in bed.

Once I stepped through my front door I realized something; Damon never asked me why I was at the hospital. Somehow I avoided the interrogation, but I doubted I'd be so lucky tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 4.9K 77
Lucas and Maya are what you would call, complete opposites. One from Texas, one from New York. One friendly, one closed off. Both end up in the same...
2.1K 243 35
''Each of your scars have a story, and i am more than happy that you feel comfortable enough to let me in on those stories...'' When two polar oppos...
69.3K 2.5K 48
"TWO PEOPLE BROUGHT TOGETHER BY HATRED." * * * Leah Perry and Joshua Carter hate each othe...
15.4M 397K 48
Christian Ryder may be seen as a heartthrob by the majority of the world's female population, but to Sophia Hastings, he might as well be the newest...