My Southern Belle

By MariJiraM

Chloe Ellison 25 and is a second grade teacher from Texas. When she's not teaching her students 4×4, she ridi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
Authors Note
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
Quick Authors Note
NEW BOOK!!!
AUTHORS NOTE ‼️‼️

64

33.8K 1.1K 133
By MariJiraM

So Olivia wasn't playing when she said I was going to need to be ready to run when she came in.

"Alright Dexter let's go." She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the room.

"What happen to the paper last night?" I asked as we ran down the hall

"I was uhh busy."

"Don't tell me you were having sex with her."

"I have to get something out of this. Plus she's gorgeous." She pulled me into another hallway and we hid behind another wall. She pulled my ear piece out and put it in her ear.

"You can be a little more gentle next time." I said

"Ok so whoever is ne the other side of this ear piece I need you to listen carefully." She said

I'm not sure what Nick or Margo said but then she started talking again.

"Ok so Nick, I need y'all to get ahold of the weapons that are heading this way. They are currently being flown in from Japan. The plain number is A7-8945. I know you can get into the system and shut things down. Also, tell your snipers I need some help outside the building. Val and I will do the rest."

There was some exchange of words between them after and she just started running without telling me anything. I ran behind her and she turned a corner and went into a room. As soon as I reached the room she pointed a gun in my direction and shot it. I turned around to see a dead woman on the floor.

"Next time warn me before you shoot my way."

I heard someone behind me and another guy was coming my way. I punched him in the face and took his gun and shot him.

"Here." She threw  two hand guns at me. "Which one?" She asked. I turned around and she's holding a crossbow and a rifle.

"What the hell do you have going on?"

"You have to be safe. Here, take this." She passed a rifle to me

"Ok let's go." She went out first and signaled for me to come out. She focused on the front and left of us. I focused on the back and right of us as we traveled down the hallway.

"Wait." I said as I stopped

"What's wrong?"

"It's too quiet. No one has approached us and this part of the building is almost vacant. Something is up."

"So what do you want to do?"

" let's go back. Let's go to where she is."

"No, we need to head for the door."

"That's what she wants. Think about it. As soon as we get to the door we will have a hundred bullets coming our way. She's probably watching us from her room through her cameras. Since you have my ear piece tell Nick to shut the cameras down."

She stood there for a second and then nodded her head before walking in front of me. We want back to the room I was in when I first got there. She wasn't there so we turned around but stopped when we heard Adriana scream something from her bedroom.

"Probably the last time I'll ever hear her screaming in her bedroom." Olivia said laughing. I chuckled and walked to Adriana's door. "What are you doing?" Olivia whispered

"She looks like a girl who likes surprises." I opened the door to see her tied up in a chair. "Well what the fuck is going on here?"

"Looks like we're the ones who got a surprise." Olivia said

"Nice of you to join the party." A man said as he finished a glass of what looked like Hennessey.

"George?! What the hell man?" Olivia asked

"You know him?"

"Yeah. That's Adriana's brother. What are you doing?"

"I heard what she was going to do to me. The little bitch thought she was going to get away with it."

"What? No we had it." Olivia said as if her heart was broken

"Really? You were fucking her the whole time you were here. You think I believe you?'

"I was undercover. Now I have to arrest you too."

"Oops. I can't let you do that." He pointed a gun at Olivia and I shot him. His blood splattered all over Adriana and she sat there screaming like I shot her

"Shut up!" I yelled

"Fuck you." She said

"I really wouldn't say that to the person holding a loaded gun." I turned around when I heard gun shots coming from outside the room. I went into the hallway and saw my team walking down the hallway.

"We have it from here." Margo said. I walked over to put handcuffs on Adriana and then I passed her to Margo.

"Good job Dexter." Margo said patting me on the back

"Val!" Was the last word I heard before I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I fell to the floor and found myself staring at the white and gold ceiling. I heard noises and voices but they were muffled. The only thing I could hear was the pounding of my heartbeat booming in my ears. Margo and Olivia were on either side of me saying something but I couldn't make it out. Then everything went black.

Then I swear I could hear Carter's voice. I heard him calling me. I heard him telling me about his dream to become a surgeon in space. I can hear Chloe's voice too.

(Chloe's POV)

So when Val got back, I didn't think the first sight of her would be in a hospital bed. The bullet just missed her heart they said. She's been in here for a couple days now and Carter wasn't phased about the situation which was good and a little scary.

"Your daughter's incredible." I said to Mr. Dexter.

"A person is only as strong as the significant that's standing behind them." He said patting my shoulder

"Can I see you in the hallway for a second, dear?" Mrs. Dexter asked

"Sure." I followed her into the hallway and we stood outside of the door

"How are you doing?" She asked me in a very concerned voice. She was looking better and even sounding better.

"I'm fine. Its a step by step thing I guess. I know its not her fault this time so I'm not going to hold it against her. I just wish things didn't turn out the way they did."

"Everything happens for a reason."

"Yeah I know. I can't leave her. I love her and I can't see myself without her. I just don't know what to do. She tried Mrs. Dexter, she really did. Margo and Nick explained everything and it's just like trouble just seems to follow her."

"She was always in trouble as a kid." She chuckled. "She was always grounded or a body part was in a cast every other month. She was adventurous and always tougher than her brothers sad to say. I just never thought it would escalate to her being shot and her shooting people. Things turn out a certain way for a reason. So maybe this will be the start of something better." She left me with that as she walked back into the room.

I walked back in to find everyone packing their things as they got ready to go. Mr. and Mrs. Dexter were staying in a hotel and it was getting late so they decided to leave. Cara took Carter home because he had school in the morning and I decided to stay with Val all night.

"I'm sorry." I heard a voice say. It was the girl with the curly hair. Olivia, I believe. I didn't have anything to say to her. Because of her Val has a bullet wound in her chest. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

"For what? You almost got her killed."

"I needed her. It was important to m-"

"No!" I yelled cutting her off and startling her. "I needed her. I need her and so does our sons! What is with you people?! She could have died. Don't you understand that?! You can't just go through life saying sorry and expecting everything to be ok!" My face grew hot and I felt the tears starting to fall.

"I guess I should be going." She turned around and walked out.

"I think you scared her." I heard Val say in a weak voice. I smiled and walked over to her.

"I hope so." she tried to sit up but let out a loud groan and laid back down. "Don't move. you're going to hurt yourself."

"I can't do anymore damage than putting a bullet wound centimeters away from my heart. If anything I've hurt you more than I've hurt myself and don't tell me that its not true. I know you've been hurting and I keep promising you that I'll fix things or I'll stop things from happening but the truth is that I can't and I'm sorry."

"Valentine, for some reason you are just noticing that you are only human. You can change and fix everything and you make mistakes and that's ok."

"No I don't make mistakes. I make accidental life changing decision. Like I almost killed you and the twins, myself, and a lot of other people."

"So what is the point of this conversation? Nothing will ever change how I feeling about you. You've already apologized, what's else do you want to say?"

"That I love you and that I don't deserve you."

"Oh hush. You deserve whatever you work for and you have worked your ass off to prove your love to me." I leaned over and kissed her on the forehead

"Why haven't you wrnt home? You have work in the morning."

"I don't think I can got to work knowing my fiancé is in the hospital."

"Don't let this little scar stop you from going to work."

"Little scar? They had to operate on you three times."

"You should have been there when I was eleven and I tried to kick a brick to Vinnie and I broke four of my toes. I had to have surgery like five times."

"Something is wrong with you." I said chuckling

"When did you notice?" She said laughing. "You need to get some rest. You've been here since seven this morning."

"You've been sleep all day. How would you know?"

"I woke up here and there and heard your voice. You were here yesterday too from what I heard."

"Don't act like if it were me in you're position you wouldn't be here."

"I wouldn't. I'd be out looking for the person who shot you." She gave me a weak smile. "Also, as soon. As I get out of here, we're planning for the wedding. We are going to stop stalling and get married and force Carter into another suit." We both laughed

"Fine but your mama said she wants to pick out the flowers."

"That woman. She says flowers but she's going to be picking out the flowers, food, and venue if we don't watch her."

"I guess my mama is the same way. She's excited for the wedding that's all she talked about while you were away. She said she wanted to see you in a dress."

"Yeah that's a no from me. I love Helen but no."

"Yeah I thought that would be the answer." The room was silent for a minute before Val broke the silence

"Come lay with me." She said

"But what if I hurt you?"

"Just don't lay on my chest. Everything else is fine."

"You sure."

"Can you just come and lay with me please?" I sighed and climbed in the bed and laid next to Val. I turned on my side and leaned my head against her arm. "I'm going to sleep again, whatever drugs they are giving me makes me sleepy."

"Yeah I think I should go to sleep too." I lifted my head up and kissed her on the cheek before laying back down and going to sleep

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 359 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
1K 97 16
Kayleigh Harper has always had a heart of gold. Now a young woman at the age of 25 she has accomplished all her dreams except one. Love. She graduate...
333K 13K 36
A young lesbian named Cali Dakota Love had just got fired from her job of three years and she needed to find a new one fast. Her mom came across an a...
486K 10.9K 56
Peyton Carter, shy 18 year old just so happens to fall in love with a teacher who's known as an ice queen and a cold hearted bitch Emily Davis, 27 sh...