Forgotten | jjk

By -busanhype

"Don't you remember me?" In which a girl forgets her past and falls in love twice. Alternatively: The story o... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six

seven

50 5 0
By -busanhype

3 months later

You stepped out of the arrival hall of Gimpo airport, to see a familiar figure in oversized glasses waving at you frantically from behind the hordes of people who were thronging the entrance to meet their loved ones.

You smiled, waving brightly as you slid past the people at the entrance with difficulty to reach Seokjin.

"I missed you, lil sis," Seokjin said as he hugged you tightly.

"I missed you too, it's great to be back," You smiled as he released you from his bear hug.

Seokjin helped to wheel your suitcase to the car as you stretched while walking, taking the chance to loosen up your jet lagged body from the long flight.

"Did you manage to get a job?" Seokjin asked, helping you load your suitcase into the back of his car before joining you in the car.

"At a pet clinic in Gangnam," You replied, "The professor at the uni had connections."

"Wow that's great. Jobs like that pay well," Seokjin hummed thoughtfully to himself.

"I hope you're not thinking of increasing my rent because of that," You said jokingly.

"I can't believe that you think so badly about me," He gasped, looking offended as you chuckled, shaking your head to let him know that you had been joking.

The rest of the car ride was spent in comfortable silence, with Seokjin's favourite song thrumming softly through the interior of the car. You took this chance to look around the take in the sights of the city which you had missed so much during the 2 years you were away.

You wondered about how the boys were doing, and for a brief second, thought about Jimin's family, whether they had been coping well for the last 2 years with their family coporation's CEO, and more importantly, the loss of their eldest son.

"Jimin's dad is the CEO now," Seokjin said, as if reading your thoughts.

"I see."

"It might be a little early to inform you, but it's his 2nd annivesary in 2 months " Seokjin paused for a moment to glance at you, "Are you going?"

There was a moment of silence as you shifted in the leather seat, "... I guess."

The death anniversary... of course you had to attend. After all, you had been his wife when he was still alive.

"Y/N, this might be a little too pushy, but do you still miss Jimin?"

"Of course I do. I miss his bright presence from time to time, and I wake up pining for him every once in a while, but I guess I've pretty much gotten over his death. While I was overseas I took some counselling classes and they helped loads."

Seokjin hesitated for a moment before nodding, "That's great.... You're still young. You still have your whole life laid out for you. You can still find a partner."

"Maybe. What about you?" You changed the subject promptly.

"Taken."

"Namjoon?"

Withour hesistation, Seokjin replied, "Yup."

"Heyyy not bad," You teased him, leaving Seokjin to flush a shade of pink as the car pulled into the car park of the apartment which he stayed in.

You skipped ahead of Seokjin, tapping in the passcode of his apartment.

You jumped in surprise when you were greeted by a small shape running up to greet you with its tongue lolling out and its tail wagging happily: It was a dog.

"Oppa, I didn't know that you had a dog?"

"Oh you mean Geureum?" Seokjin said casually, kicking off his shoes carelessly and pushing your suitcase to a far end of the room.

"Geureum is Jungkook's maltese."

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion as Seokjin bustled past you and into the kitchen.

"Then what's it doing here?" You asked curiously, bending down to play with Geureum, who accepted you with a couple of more loud, joyful yaps.

"I forgot to tell you," Seokjin's voice sounded muffled as he bustled about in the kitchen, "Jungkook's renting a room from me, since his own house is a two hours drive away from the company he works in and since my house is just a convenient 10 minutes walk away from the company, he's decided to rent a room from me. Did I ever mention how expensive apartments are here-"

"Jungkook," You repeated, interrupting Seokjin mid-squawk, "Is staying here?"

"Yeah. He's out for a businessy thing for around a month or so."

"Ah."

The pup barked loudly, wanting your attention and you smiled to yourself, picking it up with ease in your arms and running your fingers through its silky fur as you tickled its tummy lightly.

You immersed yourself into the busy life of a vet as you scuttled to and fro from the clinic everyday (sometimes with the help of Seokjin's car). Animals had been your passion since young, so you put your 100% into treating every pet that came to the clinic which you worked at, whether it just needed a shot or something more serious.

It was around a month later when Seokjin was on his usual visit to the restaurants which he had opened outside of Korea. For a world-class chef, he sure lived in a modest apartment, you mused to yourself.

So taking care of the maltese and cleaning up the apartment was left to you alone, and it wasn't as easy as you expected it would be.

"I might as well be getting a workout doing this," You muttered under your breath as you tidied up your room, duster in hand as you deftly swept it across the surface of your desk.

You had left Geureum to amuse itself while you were cleaning up around the house while desperately hoping that it wouldn't go against you and take a dump on the freshly mopped floor.

The music blasting from your phone was promptly interrupted by the sound of Geureum yapping frantically. Knowing the maltese, it wouldn't bark for no reason, so it raised alarm bells in your head as you slowly tiptoed your way out of the room, feather duster gripped tightly in your hand as a form of a weapon.

The main door of the house opened inwards, so you couldn't see the intruder as he scooped Geureum into his arms.

Being the impulsive person you were, without even thinking it through the fact that Geureum wasn't barking already, you yelled, "You scumbag return the dog!!"

There was a moment of silence before the intruder peeked into the living room in shock to see you gripping the feather duster tightly.

"[Y/N] ssi? I almost forgot, Seokjin hyung told me that you were living here now."

You blinked once, twice in surprise at the familiar voice, but was unable to make out the face of the male as his face was covered by a mask and sunglasses.

"..."

"I'm Jungkook," The male offered helpfully, taking off his sunglasses and mask with one hand.

"Oh...... I didn't know that you were arriving today," You gave a nervous chuckle, lowering the feather duster which Jungkook seemed strangely intimidated by.

He chuckled awkwardly in response before you motioned for him to come in. Jungkook set Geureum down onto the floor and lugged his enormous luggage in behind him and into his room.

You watched him go into his room, feeling your cheeks burn red in embarrassment and you cringed a little, thinking back on your short and awkward conversation with him.

You hated being awkward with people (but you were pretty antisocial, which didn't help), and if you were to measure the level of awkwardness between you and Jungkook, you were pretty sure that there wasn't even a meter to measure it.

You were in your room to avoid contact with him when Jungkook called you around 15 minutes later.

You groaned a little to yourself.

"Yeah?" You answered, not wanting to leave the comfort of your bed. So of course, Jungkook took the hint, poking his head around the door of your room to talk to you.

You mentally thanked your lucky stars that you weren't lying in an inappropriate position. Things didn't need to get more awkward between the both of you.

"Are you cooking dinner?" He enquired curiously, hair wet and already changed into a simple shirt and trackpants due to the cold weather right now.

"Aren't you going to like, wash the clothes in your luggage first?" You shot back, avoiding his question.

"Will probably wash them tomorrow," He shrugged nonchalantly, "Food is more importantly."

"Besides, Geureumie is hungry too."

You always had a soft spot for the naughty maltese, so you knew you would be cooking once Jungkook had said that.

"You're pretty convincing," You muttered, getting up fron your bed to walk past Jungkook and into the kitchen.

You clattered here and there noisily, looking through the cupboards for any sign of food, before groaning to yourself at the lack of food in there.

"Is there no food?"

"Uh yeah, there's only a can of dog food left," You mumbled, "Forgot to get the groceries again."

Jungkook sighed, in unison with Geureum's whining.

Just then, you spied a packet of ramen sitting idly at the corner of the empty cupboard.

"Yes!!"

Jungkook watched curiously as you went on your tippy toes, stretching for the holy packet of ramen with all your might.

"We have a pack of ramen and luckily for Geureum there's still a can of dog food left," You said, showing the two the food items.

You could have sworn that both perked up the moment they saw the food items, with Jungkook's eyes widening in pleasant surprise and Geureum's ears going from being flattened against its head to swivelling around like it always did.

"You cook the ramen and prepare Geureum's food," You said, pushing the ramen into Jungkook's hands, "I'll be getting a bath."

"Oh.. Ok."

Humming to yourself, you disappeared into the bathroom with your towel and clothes and sighed in enjoyment as the steaming, hot water hit your back.

Ten minutes into the shower, you were in the middle of lathering your hair when the water cut off abruptly and the lights in the bathroom blew.

"What?" You asked as you wrapped a towel around yourself and slipped on your house slippers.

You heard light knocking on the door and you opened it slightly, only showing a part of your face.

"What happened?"

"I just found the slip of paper from the apartment management saying that the water and power supply will be cut off for 4 hours today," Jungkook replied, showing the slip of paper to you, "For some maintainence thingy apparently."

"Aish," You groaned, rubbing a hand to your forehead, "I'm not done bathing though."

"I can get mineral water from downstairs," Jungkook offered helpfully.

"Really? Thanks a lot."

"I'll be back in around 10 minutes. Just um, entertain yourself till then."

You heard Jungkook turn off the gas cooker and the door slam shut a few minutes later.

You could hear joyful yapping at the foot of the bathroom door, and opened it a sliver. Geureum came rushing in, tail wagging joyfully and tongue hanging out happily.

"Hello Geureum, I guess its just you and me till Jungkook gets home huh?" You murmured softly, holding the maltese close as it bounded into your arms.

(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.3K 1.3K 19
''Yes I am and please reply quickly so I can kiss you'' ⇒ Happiness, beauty, and joy. Most people are reluctant to accept that there are moments that...
53.5K 1.8K 15
Jimin who is unaware of love his friend Taehyung holds for him meets a guy who claims to be his former lover. But Jimin can't remember him at all. S...
223K 10.6K 33
-We all love that chase.- When both best friend fall for the same person; one gives up and the other one carry on, however it was not the same anymo...
180K 6.8K 27
"hey, it's me jungk-" "i'm sorry but i don't know you" in which jeon jungkook had fall in love with a girl who had an amnesia. ©jecngguks