Water In My Eyes, Fire In My...

By UnmotivatedButTrying

I am persephone jackson. I used to live at camp half blood but I couldn't anymore because my boyfriend Andrew... More

Ch 1 taken from greif
Ch2 lost to not be found
Ch 3 content with pain
A lost hero to be found
Ch 5 Freedom
Ch6 explainations
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
AN
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
???

ch 36 & Epilogue

2.1K 56 48
By UnmotivatedButTrying

Neutral pov-

Sally and Esperanza were having coffee together. They didn't do this as much since Esperanza was married to a man named Nate and Sally was in a serious relationship. Neither of them had seen their family since last Thanksgiving. They didn't celebrate any religious holidays growing up, so they only got together around Thanksgiving.

Esperanza had gone to law school and had started work as a lawyer. Sally took a different route with her life. She looked toward a career in athletics. She had been training for the Olympics. She would be preforming in the gymnastics portion next summer.

They were both 32 now, meaning that their mother was 52 and their father was 54. Chuck, their younger brother, was 27 and had been working as Police officer. Luke was in college and sharing a rental house with some of his friends. He was the youngest in the house at 22 years old, while the roommates were all 23 and 24. Zoe, as she liked to be called as of recently, was 19 and taking a year before starting college. Jackson was a brilliant boy, but didn't try very hard with academics. As usual, Amber was the opposite. She tried her very hardest and studied as frequently as possible, but still had trouble. They were both 12.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in so long." Esperanza said.

"I know." Sally replied. "I miss seeing you every day. I even miss Charlie."

Both girls laughed. "I wish we could do this more often." Esperanza said

"Yeah, but I really can't. Between training and my responsibilities, I really have no time." Sally told her sister.

"Well, we should at least visit mom and dad at some point." Esperanza said.

"Maybe." Sally said. She looked at her watch. "I actually have to go."

"We just got here!"

"I'm meeting Ryan at his apartment and we are going to my gynecologist." Sally explained. Ryan was her boyfriend who she thought was going to propose. She had been saying that for two years.

"Okay then, leave." Esperanza was extremely disappointed. She never got to see her sister anymore and she felt kind of abandoned. Her best friend, the girl she shared a room with all her life, was leaving her.

"Look, I'm sorry. I really have to go. I'll call you?"

"I know you won't actually." Esperanza mumbled to herself.

"What?" Sally didn't hear her.

"Okay. I'll answer when you call." Esperanza grumbled bitterly. She always answered when Sally called and she tried to call Sally frequently. Sally never answered her phone and she almost never called.

Sally kissed her sister's cheek and left the cafe. Esperanza heard her sister's phone ring as she walked out.

About thirty seconds later, Sally rushed back in.

"Dad is in the hospital!" She said

-----

Chuck was working when he got a call from his mother. He answered.

"Ma, I can't really talk. I'm at work. Can I call you later?" Chuck was closer with his mother than his father. He was a total mama's boy growing up.

"Honey," she started and he knew something was wrong. "It's your dad. Something happened at work. You should come to the hospital."

"I'll be right there." He said,before hanging up.

Chuck sent a text to his boss and let him know that he had to leave work early. Chuck had never missed a day of work, so his boss was okay with it.

-----

Luke was in his second class of the day. His phone rang and everyone turned their heads toward him. He blushed as he declined it. Luke grabbed his books and exited the room. Once outside, he redialed his mom.

"Mom, I was in class. I told you my schedule. I can't believe you couldn't wait another half hour."

"Luke, your dad... you should get to the hospital." He could hear how distressed she was and felt horrible for snapping at her.

He hung up and looked at the ground for a minute, trying to process the information.

'Hey, can I get a ride?' Zoe texted him

'Yeah, I'll be there in 5'

Luke grabbed his keys out of his bag and made his way to the parking lot.

-----

Zoe was at a job interview. She had felt that she did quite well, up until her phone rang halfway through.

"I'm so sorry." She told the interviewer. Her mother was calling. Zoe quickly declined and switched her phone to vibrate.

The interview continued and she got two more calls. She ignored her mother both times. If it were her father, she would have answered immediately. She had trouble bonding with her mom growing up, so she was closer with her dad.

"Maybe you should answer that." The interviewer said. "It seems pretty important. Who is it?"

"My mom."

"Don't ignore your mother's calls. It could be important. I won't judge you, if you have to answer a call." The woman said.

"I'm really sorry. Thank you." Zoe pulled out her phone and realized that one of the calls was from Charlie. She redialed her mom.

"Zoe, I've been calming forever and i even had Charlie call you. Why weren't you answering me?" Percy said through the phone

"I'm at a job interview."

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but you have to come down to the hospital because your father-"

"Dad? What's wrong with dad?" Zoe said.

"I don't know. Something happened at work. He passed out. Just, get here."

"I'll try to get a ride from Luke." Zoe said. "I'll see you soon." She hung up and turned to her interviewer, about to explain.

"It's okay." The woman told her. "We can reschedule. Family comes first. I like you. Your a good person and I was already going to call you for another interview anyway. You'll get a call from my office tomorrow."

"Thank you so much." Zoe left the office and texted her brother.

-----

Amber and Jackson were at school. It was lunch time and they didn't sit together, so they both thought they were in some sort of trouble when teachers came to tell them each to go pack up.

They both went to their classrooms and grabbed their bags before going to the classes they hadn't attended yet and getting their work. The two saw their mother and each other in the lobby and we're slightly confused.

"I already signed you out. We have to go to the hospital. I'll fill you in in the car." She said. The three of them got into the car and drove to the hospital.

-----

Leo had been at work when he collapsed. Percy got the call from the hospital. She picked Amber and Jackson up from school early and drove go the hospital as fast as she could.

She called Sally first. She knew that she was with Esperanza, so she explained and then called Chuck. After Chuck, she called Luke and Zoe.

They were on their ways. Luke was picking up Zoe because she didn't have a license.

The two kids went to get chips from the vending machine. While they were gone, Percy called Jason. She hadn't seen him since they left camp, but he'd want to know.

Chuck arrived first. He hugged his mother. She noticed that he was wearing his police uniform.

A few minutes later Sally and Esperanza barged into the waiting room. They hugged their mom and asked what happened. Percy told them everything she knew. She said it again when Luke and Zoe arrived.

After five more minutes, a ton of footsteps echoed into the hospital.

A blonde man with sky blue eyes appeared first. He looked at Percy. The kids didn't recognize him.

"How is he? What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know." Percy stood up and hugged her cousin. "They haven't told us anything."

A handful of other people appeared behind the man.

One woman with brown hair moved forward and took the blond man's hand.

"Hey, Jackson, how ya holding up?" Clarisse said.

"Um... present?" The boy named Jackson said.

They all looked at Percy incredulously. "You named a kid after yourself?" A girl with a similar look to Leo said.

"It's a good name, Nyssa." Percy snapped back.

They all laughed.

"Kids, get over here. Stand in order of age." Percy said.

They did. Sally stood closest to Percy. Amber stood furthest from her.

"Okay, you all know Sally and Esperanza." She pointed at each of them as she said their names. "This is Charles, or Chuck-"

"Like Beckendorf?" Nyssa asked. "He does look like he Could Be staying in cabin 9 with us."

"Whose Beckendorf?" Chuck asked

"Your uncle Charlie Beckendorf was a hero. He died young, but it was a very honourable death. He was my brother and he was your dad's brother." Nyssa said.

"Oh." Was all Chuck said.

"Next is Luke."

"Like our brother." Connor and Travis said simultaneously.

"Yes."

"Who is your brother?" Sally asked.

"Luke Castellan. Same situation as Beckendorf." Thalia said.

"Next is Zoey, or Zoe." Thalia and Grover nodded in approval. "Finally we have Jackson and Amber."

"Who did you name Amber after?" Nico asked

"We both just really liked the name Amber."

"Okay, kids. This is my cousins Jason, Thalia, Nico, and Hazel." She pointed to her cousin then to her friends. "This is your dad's sister Nyssa, their brother Jake, and our friends Connor, Travis, Frank, Piper, Clarisse, Chris, Will, Katie, Grover, and Reyna. Gods, I haven't seen any of you since you guys got married." She pointed at Hazel and Frank.

They all sat down and started catching up on their lives. About a half an hour later, a doctor came out.

"Mrs. Valdez?" He presumed

"That's me." Percy said.

"I'm Dr. Collin O'Brien. I've just finished running tests and we discovered a problem with your husband's heart. It's beating abnormally fast. Its called Cardiac arrhythmia. We can try to regulate it, but that will involve a surgical procedure. If we do it, he has a possibility of living into his late 70s, but the procedure is dangerous and there is a possibility that he could die in surgery or even a few hours after."

"What are his chances of we don't do the surgery at all?"

"He will most likely die within the next few days, maybe in a week." The doctor told her.

"Is he awake?"

"No. He will be unconcious for another few hours. If you want the surgery, it would be easier to get it done before he wakes up. We can give him the anesthesia now and bring him into the operation room. If it goes well, he will wake up and be able to enjoy the rest of his life at home as usual."

"Can we see him?" Percy asked

"Yeah, but only immediate family."

"I'm his wife, these are his kids, these are his siblings, and these are our best friends. We are all immediate family."

"Okay, right this way."

The large group went into the room and visited the man. There was a lot of tears, mostly from his wife and children.

"What should I do?" Percy asked everyone and anyone who was listening. No one answered.

"I say, we should take the chance, mom." Esperanza said.

"I agree, Perce." Grover said.

"Yeah, if the fates are on your side, he'll live. If not, you'll see him in Elysium." Nyssa said.

"I feel like I have the worst luck ever." Percy said.

"You just have to make this about you, mom." Zoe said, "He's my dad. I'm losing more than you right now."

"At least you had him at your high school graduation. We might not have him for that." Amber said, talking about herself and Jackson.

"Everybody shut up!" Esperanza said, as an argument broke out among Luke, Zoe, Amber, and Jackson. "Mom feels unlucky, because she is in love with dad and she has to make a decision that could kill him. I know I'd feel the same if it were Nate." Esperanza calmed down her siblings.

"Yes, but we need to make a decision." Nyssa said. "How about a vote."

"Why should you people have a say in what happens to our dad?" Zoe asked

"I've saved his life so many times already. I've also saved your mom, so I think I'm entitled to a vote." Jason said.

"What?" Asked Luke.

"Um... we were all in the military together?" Percy said.

"Military?" Half the demigods asked

"Yes. Military. Leo and I were in the military before we had kids. You guys were there too." Percy was really trying to sell the lie.

"Cool." Amber said.

"Amber, she's lying." Chuck said.

"I'll fill you guys in later, but we have to make a decision." Percy said. "Who votes that we do the surgery?"

No one had to count to know what was going to happen. Everyone was given a few minutes to possibly say goodbye to Leo before they brought him into surgery. The kids and Percy got five minutes each and the rest got about three minutes each.

-----

Everything was silent four hours later. The doctor was walking slowly toward them. His grim expression told them everything already.

Percy's eyes were watering, as well as most other people in the room. She closed her eyes and sat down in a chair.

Zoe was hugging Esperanza and sobbing heavily. Esperanza was crying too, but it was less out of control. Sally was looking at the ground, trying to hide her tears. Amber and Jackson were openly sobbing as Luke tried to comfort them. Chuck was trying to calm Percy.

That's when the water fountain exploded. Percy's eyes were wide open and she was staring at the fountain. "I can't be here." She said. "I need some air."

Percy nearly ran out of the hospital. Chuck followed her. When he caught up, she was vomiting in the parking lot.

"Mom..."

"Chuck, I can't be in there right now. I hate hospitals. I never want to be in another hospital again." She said. "I can't imagine life without him. I've been with him for... ever. I don't want to be alone."

"Mom, you aren't alone. You have all of us."

"You and Esperanza are the only two of my children who return my calls. Even Jackson and Amber ignore me most of the time." Percy told her son.

"I can move back closer, if you want me to."

"You aren't the problem. Sally is always busy, Luke flips put every time I call him, and Zoey hates me." Percy said. "Leo was so much better at handling you kids."

"We can all stay at home tonight. I'll convince everyone to stay the night. We will all be together. Esperanza and Nate are looking for a new house. Maybe they'll find a place that's close by. Sally is really busy. Once she has her life figured out, she will have more time. Just give Zoe time. She's in the process of getting out of the rebellious teenage phase. Jackson and Amber will come around too. Luke is just... he's not very good with people and emotions. He never has been. If you want, I can finish the paperwork here. I'll meet you back at home and I'll make sure very one is there."

Percy nodded and hugged her son. "I'll see you soon. I'll start dinner and make sure everyone's rooms are prepared."

Percy Valdez got in her car an drove home.

Chuck paid the hospital bill and they stored Leo's body in the hospital morgue, until they could get it moved to the family's choice of funeral home. The demigods wanted to go back with Percy's kids, but Chuck convinced them to give their family some time together.

When they arrived at home, their mom was nowhere in sight. Chuck called out "Mom? We're home."

"I'll be right down." She called back.

They moved into the kitchen. Dinner was all ready and out on the table. They were having chicken parmesan, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, and crescent rolls.

After a minute, Percy came down stairs. Her eyes were puffy Luke she was crying. None of the kids could blame her. They were all crying.

The family spent from dinner til bed time reminiscing about Leo.

That night, none of them could sleep. If anyone managed to doze off, they wouldn't sleep long. At about 3 am, Percy got up and went downstairs. She ate a poptarts and made coffee. Eventually Luke joined her.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"No." He replied.

"Want some coffee?" She asked.

"Yeah."

She quickly brewed him a cup of hazelnut coffee. "Cream and sugar?"

"I like the way you made dad's." He told her

"Okay. So you want half of the sugar bowl?"

"If that's how you make dad's." They both laughed.

"I'm kidding. It isn't that much for one cup. It only seems like that much because he drinks like 12 cups a day." She says with a small laugh.

"It's hard to believe he's gone." Luke said. "Is it weird that I really don't feel all too sad?"

"No. Your grandfather on your dad's side had problems expressing emotions. He preferred the company of inanimate objects rather than people." Percy told her son.

"I feel bad because Zoe is a mess, you're barely holding up, Amber and Jackson are sad, Chuck is sad, and Sally and Esperanza are upset." Luke told her.

"Do you want to see something cool?" Percy said. She knew just how to cheer her son up.

"Sure, but what does this have to do with-"

"Just watch." Percy turned the tap water on. She used her demigodly powers to levitate the water to in front of Luke.

"How is this happenning?" Luke asked her.

"Your dad and I went to a camp for special kids. These special kids are children of the gods. My father is Poseidon. He's the god of the sea and other cool stuff. Your dad was a son of Hephaestus, the only one in a very long time to be able to control fire." Percy explained. "The people you met earlier were also half-bloods, or demigods."

"Does that mean I have powers too?"

"I don't know. Something of you have obviously gotten some of my powers over water. I have seen you stay underwater for more than 7 minutes. I think that some of you might have powers that aren't as extreme as mine or Leo's. Oh yeah, I forgot to give you your coffee." Percy set the cup down in front of her son.

"Does that mean I can like, breathe underwater?" He asked "or light on fire...?"

"Don't test the fire thing. I think you already breathe underwater. You just don't notice because you're more focused on swimming or whatever. I am pretty sure that you're all fireproof, but don't test it."

"How would you know if we're fireproof?"

"I somehow would have burned myself during each pregnancy. Once I actually ran into a fire. The other times it was just taking things out of the oven without oven mitts or leaning on the hit stove." She chuckled.

He laughed back.

-----

Another hour later, Luke had gone back to the bedroom he shared with Chuck. Zoey came downstairs crying.

"Hey." Percy said to her daughter.

"Hi, mom." She was clearly tired and emotional.

"Want something to eat? Or drink?"

"I could really use any alcoholic beverage right now." For a second she forgot she was speaking to her mom. "Oh, am I getting in trouble for suggesting that? I don't actually drin-" Zoey was a terrible liar.

"No. I did my share of underage drinking." Percy said to Zoe.

"We dont ever talk about you and dad before you two had Sally and Esperanza. Why?"

Percy sighed. She didn't want to talk about it, but she did want to connect with her daughter. "I'm getting us some drinks."

Percy went to the alcohol cabinet and pulled out a bottle. Percy didn't know what it was. She pulled out two wine glasses and poured the beverage into them. It was and light pinkish color, so Percy guessed that it was probably a blush wine.

"Really?"

"My mother, Sally Jackson, fell in love with a man who couldn't stay with her. He was too important to stay with her, but he did get her pregnant. She had me and to keep me fed, she married a terrible man. He abused me and I guess he abused her too. When I turned 12, I found out that my dad was an Olympian god. I went on this huge adventure and met my first love."

"Dad?"

"No. I liked this blonde jerk. We'll get to why he was a jerk later." I tell her, a little surprised that she didn't question the god thing. "We started dating a few years later. Then, I lost my memories and was sent halfway across the world. When my boyfriend at the time tracked me down, he had three people with him, Jason Grace, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez. We saved the world and went home to New York. We were all offered godhood as a reward. Everyone declined except for my jerkish boyfriend. I went to go home, but there was a fire in my apartment and my mom died. The social services people sent me to live with my mom's abusive ex-husband because she never finished the paperwork for the divorce. He was still abusive, so I turned to alcohol and occasionally self harming. Eventually, Jason, Frank, and Leo came looking for me because the gods needed help again. They broke in and found my abusive step-father so they beat him up and called the police. We all then returned to New York and I started dating your dad. We weren't seeing each other for long when we broke up. I found out I was pregnant and we got married. Then we moved to New Orleans and BAM five more kids!" Percy told her daughter.

"Gods?" She hadn't asked earlier because she didn't want to I interrupt.

"Yeah. I'm a demigod and she was your dad." Percy, for the second time that night, explained things about the gods. Zoe took it well, but didn't completely believe it, so she just went back to bed.

Percy had a similar encounter with each of her kids that night. She didn't sleep. She couldn't sleep. The world seemed colder without Leo next to her. After 32 years of relying on him and him relying on her, she didn't know how to do everything alone.

Percy remembered every detail about the day they left camp and cut ties with their friends.

-----

It was a rainy day. Leo had gone to the forge while Percy was training with Clarisse. Piper had the twins. She offered to take care of them sometimes. Percy knew that Leo was having a hard time dealing with what he did. He hadn't returned to the place where it happened.

Later that day, he came to Percy and to her that he was having trouble.

"I can't be here, Percy." He told her.

"I know."

"It's just, I can't sta- wait you know?!"

"Of course I know." Percy told him. "It's fine if you want to leave, but I'll be coming with you. We can go far away. And we'll came back when you feel less guilty about it."

He nodded. They packed their stuff and left that day. They didn't tell anyone their location and they used Leo's rewards from the gods to ensure that their family didn't have a demigod scent.

-----

It wasn't until years and years later that Percy died. It was a Tuesday. She wasn't sick or hurt in any way. She was just old. She fell asleep one night and she never woke up.

She was 89 when she died. Her eldest daughters were both 72 and had been grandmothers. Chuck was 67 and expecting a grandchild. Luke Was 5 years younger at the age of 62. He married once, but the woman died in a car accident. They didn't have any children before she died. Zoe was 59. She had one child, who was not married or wanting children. Jackson and Amber were 52. Amber had been married twice, but divorced both men and Jackson married a woman who he loved dearly and they had two kids together.

-----

When Percy woke up in the waiting room to go down to the underworld, she looked 17. She was allowed free pass into the underworld, but she gave all of the drachmas she had to Charon and told him to remember this day when her kids died.

She was taken in the boat and brought to the lines. She knew that Leo was in Elysium, waiting for her, so she waited in the really long line and was judged. They sent her straight to Elysium.

When she arrived, she saw people messing around and children playing. The first person she recognized was a small girl with light hair and blue eyes. Percy frowned, remembering the sound of this particular girl burn to death.

When Shireen saw her, she gave Percy a big smile and a wave. Then Percy saw who she was talking to.

"Michael Yew." She stated

"Percy Jackson. I heard your a big hero now."

"Yeah..." Percy looked down and blushed. "This place is really nice."

"Yeah. It is. I heard you were married, when your husband came down here. It isn't Andrew Chase?" Michael was surprised.

"He is a son of Hephaestus. We were married for 32 years when he died. We have 7 kids who are all alive and well." Percy told him. "Have you seen a hyperactive boy named Leo lately?"

"Yeah. He's over playing video games with Beckendorf and Silena. He's your husband?"

"Yeah." Percy starts walking in a random direction. She turns around and asks "Where is that?"

"I'll bring you." He chuckles and the three of them started walking.

"Look, I'm really sorry about the bridge..."

"I knew you were going to do it. I had accepted it by then."

"I know but-"

"So how did you die?" He cut her off.

"I don't know. I was asleep and now I'm here." Percy told him, slightly ticked off that he cut her off.

"How old were you?"

"Like eighty something?" Percy actually didn't remember.

"You probably died of old age."

"Okay." Percy didn't really need your know, but she didn't want to sound rude by saying anything.

"So, how are you, Shireen?" Percy asked

"I'm doing good. I really like it down here. I got to meet so many nice people. I met your mom. She's very nice and a really good cook." Shireen told her.

"Aren't her cookies the best?"

"Yes!"

They continued with small talk until they came upon a large house with a ton of windows and flowers outside.

"He's in there." Michael Yew said. "I'll come in with you."

"Let's surprise him." Percy said.

"Okay."

They went inside and Michael shouted, telling them that he was here.

"Do you have any food?" Percy felt chills go down her spine when she heard his voice.

"No." Michael walked through the hallway and sat down on the couch by Beckendorf. Once that were all looking at the TV screen, Percy came out of the hallway and snuck up behind the couch. She shouted "BOO!" in his ear and he nearly fell off the couch. When he turned to look at her, he saw the daughter of Poseidon, rolling on the ground laughing.

"OH MY GODS! PERCY?" Leo shouted in excitement. "WHEN DID YOU DIE?! HOW ARE THE KIDS?! WHAT HAVE I MISSED OUT ON!?"

Percy got up and stopped laughing. "I'll fill you in later. Just come her and kiss me, you fool."

He I'd take hesitate to jump over the back of the couch. He didn't land very gracefully, after his sneaker hot stuck on the back of the couch and he face planted. Once he stood up, he placed a kiss on his wife's lips.

When they pulled apart, she started filling him in on everything he missed. She also greeted her dead friends.

"Esperanza had kids and grandkids, Sally hot married and did the same, Chuck is expecting a grandchild, Luke married once but she died before they had any children, Zoe has one daughter, Jackson is married with two kids, and Amber was married twice and divorced both." Percy took a breath. "I died in my sleep. I got here not too long ago. Is my mom here? How have you been?"

"Yeah, she's here. Let's go find her." Leo grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the house.

He led her down streets and every so often Percy would wave and smile at someone she knew. Once they came to a small house. Leo knocked on the door and a woman opened the door. It was Sally Jackson. Percy hugged her mother and repeated the whole story of what she missed.

The three of them spent the day at Sally's house.

When night came around, Percy and Leo went to an exact replica of their home in the and of the living. For the first time in what felt like forever, Leo and Percy slept together, in both meanings of the phrase.

-----

Chuck paid for the bulk of the funeral services. He was, by far, the closest with his mother. They had a very close bond.

First, they had a last rights reserved only for family. Next they had a memorial service for anyone she knew. Finally, there was the actual burial. She was placed in the same plot as Leo was years before. Her name was engraved on the stone.

Chuck would have been lying if get said he didn't cry. He cried harder than any of his siblings.

After the funeral, the family members went to lunch. They spent the day reminiscing about their parents

In her will, she left Leo's items and various household items to her sons Luke and Jackson. Her daughters were given her jewelry, clothes, and other furniture items. She left Chuck the house itself. She had heard him talking months ago about how much he loved the house, so she gave it to him rather than to all of her kids. It was true that only one of them could really live in it.

Chuck moved into it and passed it on to his kids.

-----

Years pass and the kids die. They were all sent to Elysium for their parents and they spent a long time there. No one knew just how long they were there, but it was long enough for Percy and Leo to get bored of the comfort and perfection of the place. They decided to go for rebirth so they could find each other again.

Epilogue

Madilyn Rose Murphy was with her friends at the mall food court.

Her boyfriend, Andrew Chase was talking about himself, but she wasn't paying him any attention. Her strange green eyes were glued on the goth boy sitting all alone. His curly hair hung low over his eyes. His brown eyes were glued on the table. The shirt he was wearing had a few holes in it, but he didn't mind.

Madilyn spent a lot of time looking at this particular boy. She had an interest in hmm since they met in 3rd grade. He was new to the school and he was the over friendly boy who sat next to her. He changed in 5th grade after his dad murdered his mom. He moved in with his grandmother and stopped talking almost all together. The boys beautiful brown eyes hadn't held a spark of happiness since then. Madilyn supposed that it was because no one tried to help him. She found him handsome in a mysterious type of way.

She felt bad for him, so she stood up and sauntered over on the other side of the food court. Her boyfriend and friends gave her weird looks, but she held her head high and moved to his table.

"Hey, Thomas Valdez, right?" She said.

"Yeah." His voice was just above a whisper and slightly course. "Do I know you?" It was slightly rude.

"Yes. I'm Madilyn Murphy. We used to be friends in elementary school. I noticed you sitting all alone and thought you could use some company."

"I'm fine being alone." He growled. "Your boyfriend looks like he wants to kill me anyway. You should go."

"He's full of himself. I don't care if he's pissed or even if he breaks up with me." She says. He remains silent. "Can I sit down?"

"I'm not stopping you."

"Do you want to talk?"

"I'd rather not." She looks down at his response. He sees her disappointment. "I'm good at listening though."

She smiles. "I'm Madilyn, as you know" she continued to talk and the boy listened. They talked until the mall was closing and the moon was high in the sky.

He had a licence and a motorcycle, so he drove her home. That night she wrote in her diary about Thomas, or Tommy as he let her call him. Madilyn also wrote about how she wanted to break up with Andrew.

The reincarnated versions of Persephone and Leo Valdez had found each other again and it would not be the last time...

THE END

A/N I'd like to thank all of my readers and people who helped with with writing this. I really appreciate you all. ♡♡♡

Signing off
-Madeline

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 3.6K 32
Percy Jackson. Two times Savior of Olympus. A son of Poseidon. Boyfriend to Annabeth Chase. Yes, that's the guy everyone knows, but what they don't k...
57.2K 2.1K 31
| percy jackson x reader | high school au | #1 in percyjacksonxreader 10. 29. 19 | completed Percy Jackson hasn't seen Y/N L/N in over two years, but...
5.8K 69 11
The original title was "Percabeth Neighbors" but I changed it :D Annabeth Chase has always been abused. Her father more or less ignores it, or preten...
7.8K 235 16
His mind once again tormenting him with memories of his deceased sister, Nico falls back into old destructive habits. Maybe that outgoing fireball of...