Lonely Road→ Dallas Winston

By brokenpausebutton

❝it's a lonely road where the forgotten go, where your misery finds its company.❞ copyright @ b r o k e n p a... More

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
EPILOGUE

TWENTY-SEVEN

6.6K 234 399
By brokenpausebutton

❝but she was the city and he was the tsunami that destroyed her.❞

RAIN WAS CLASHING against every object, colliding with the earth. It made it's usual calming sound, causing all four of us to almost doze off in the car.

We've been waiting inside the car for over an hour now and we've heard absolutely no sounds coming from the house, which made me extremely worried. "Naomi, Dallas can take care of himself. He'll be fine. I promise." Soda assured me for the thousandth time today. 

I took a deep breath. "Well, I'm sorry. I just figured if he had to kill somebody, there would be noise. We haven't heard any." 

"Maybe they have a soundproof basement." Steve suggested, making me nod my head. 

"Possibly, but if he doesn't come out after thirty more minutes, I'm going back in there." 

They all three looked at me like I had two legs sticking out of my head. "Are you crazy? Do you know how terrified I was in there? I am not going back." Two-Bit shook his head repeatedly, Steve agreeing with him. 

I sighed, turning towards Soda. He looked torn between two decisions. I shook my head. "It's fine, Soda. I'll go in there by myself." 

"No, Dallas would beat the hell out of me if I let you do that." He grabbed my wrist in protest. 

I chuckled. "We can't guarantee if Dallas is even alive." 

"Don't talk like that, Naomi. Have a little hope." Soda frowned. 

I laughed sarcastically, tears falling down my face once again. "Hope? I'm sorry, Soda, but you're asking for one thing I don't have! If I have hope and I walk in there, thinking he's alive when really he's not, what's that setting me up for? It's better if I already think he's dead."

They were all silent and I glanced at the clock, waiting for the thirty minute mark. The rain continued to fall, drops streaming down the window, slowly disappearing. The stop lights and car lights were in the distance and I suddenly wished I was one of those people, just carrying on with my day and going home. 

But, that doesn't happen to people like me. 

No, bad stuff happens to people like me. 

I read the clock, one in the morning. "Well, if I don't come back, it was fun getting to know you guys." I breathed, my hand touching the door handle. 

They all looked like they were about to cry, and I bit my lip to stop myself from crying also. I can't believe I'm going to say this.

"I love you guys." 

Before I got the chance to see the surprised looks on their faces, I bolted out of the car, running towards the house. The rain was falling down my face, making my hair damp and wet. I breathed in the fresh air, holding out my hand so that the rain could fall on it. 

Because who knows, this could be the last time I touch rain. 

I pounded my fist on the door, more confident than last time. The boy opened it again, raising his eyebrow once he saw me. "Are you really coming back?" 

"I'm not leaving without him and it's been longer than an hour." I stuffed my hands in my jacket pocket, shooting him a glare. 

He sighed and stepped outside with me. "Look, Naomi, if that's what your name is. Don't go back in there. If Rover sees you again, I don't know what he'll do. But I know it would hurt Dally, so please. Go back in that car." 

My face softened and my hands started shaking. "What's your name?" 

"Paul." He answered. 

"Well, Paul, I have a question for you." My voice was shaky and he nodded at me to continue. "Think of one person that you love or loved and picture them suddenly gone. Picture them not with you anymore, or picture them gone. You don't want to let them go. So, please, just tell me one thing." 

His voice dropped down to a whisper. "What do you want me to tell you?" 

"What's Dally really doing in there?" 

//

Dallas

"JUST LET ME go, Rover. I don't want any trouble." I spoke harshly, raising my hands up.

He laughed manically. "What makes you think I'm going to let you go, Winston? I mean now that I know you have something that you care about, I want to hurt you more than ever." 

I clenched my jaw. "Fine. Do what you want with me. Just, first, let me say goodbye to Naomi." 

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Fine. But, I'm going to keep a close eye on you, so don't get any ideas." 

"I won't." I snapped, pushing him out of the way. 

I sprinted hurriedly upstairs and towards the front door. I knew I was going to die someday and leave Naomi, but I didn't think it would be this early. 

//

Naomi

PAUL TOLD ME everything, the whole reason why Dallas was here. The whole killing a person thing was a trick. The only person that Rover wanted Dallas to kill was himself. 

And I'm sure as hell not going to let that happen.

Paul heard footsteps, so he hurried inside, leaving me standing there on the front porch. I sighed and sat down on the front steps, running my hands through my hair nervously. I heard the door swing open and snapped my head around, my eyes going wide. 

Dallas walked out, Rover right behind him. I ran into his arms and he twirled me around, leaving multiple kisses on my face. He grabbed my face, pulling it closely to his. We were looking at each other, straight in the eyes. 

"Listen," He whispered, his voice shaky. "I want you to go home. Don't look back, got it? I promise I'll see you soon." 

I started crying. "And by 'soon' you mean Heaven, don't you?" 

He chuckled. "Well, I don't think I'll be going to Heaven, but let's hope for the best." 

I smiled a little and pulled him into a hug. "I know what Rover is going to do, Dallas. I have a plan." 

He pulled away and shook his head. "Naomi, go home. I don't care what plan you have, he's smarter than you think."

I laughed. "It's worth a try, right?" 

Dallas made a noise and my mouth dropped. He looked up and I saw tears in his eyes. For the first time in my life, I'm witnessing Dallas Winston crying. "Look, you know why I call you Cinderella?" 

I shook my head and he bit his lip. "In the story, Cinderella always hid her feelings about how she felt with her 'step-sisters and step-mother.' She was treated badly, but she still always found a way to do things that make her happy. Once she found her Prince Charming, she had to leave. She had to run." He paused before continuing again. 

"Now I'm not saying I'm your Prince Charming, Naomi, but now it's your time to run away. The clock just struck two, and you have to run back home, alright?" 

I started crying and shook my head. "This isn't a fairy-tale, Dallas Winston! I'm not Cinderella! And I'm not leaving you!" 

"Naomi!" He shouted, his voice breaking. "I love you so much, but you have to leave! Find someone else who isn't as broken as me, and you won't have to go through this ever again!" 

"I'm just as broken as you are, you waif!" I sobbed, making a small smile curve onto his lips once I called him a waif. 

He gave me a gentle kiss on the lips and then one on the forehead. "I never thought I would say this in all the years I've been living, but Naomi Reid, you've completely made me soft. I love you. I love you. I love you. Now, go. For me."

I was shaking and I felt the whole word spin around me, and it was as if I was crashing. I'm on a roller coaster and the only way this roller coaster goes is

down.

//

why was this me while writing this chapter^^

this story is about to come to an end! :( probably only about three-four chapter left!

but, I've been working on this great Sodapop FF and I will be publishing it after this book ends, so keep an eye out for it! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 396 29
i don't own any of the characters!! characters belong to s.e. hinton :) "𝙃𝙞𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙛𝙞𝙘 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙞𝙩. 𝙃𝙚 𝙩𝙖�...
27.7K 377 13
❝ 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. ❞ ━ to | ponyboy curtis x fem reader (discontinued)
25K 350 24
❛ 𝗽𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲...❜ started :: 3.13.22 finished :: 7.10.22
23.8K 427 21
"𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑎 𝑝𝑢𝑧𝑧𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑣𝑒 𝑏𝑜𝑦𝑠" "𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑢𝑛𝑒𝑥𝑝...