Vitality | Elementals 1

By 3dream_writer3

*book 1 in the Elementals series* Four teens all connected in a way they didn't know was possible... More

Characters + Preview
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Guest Chapter
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32 | Final Chapter
Sequel

Chapter 2

3.4K 194 60
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 2

Lincoln

One thing I hated the most was school. Let me rephrase that: One thing I hated the most was how the people acted at school. I didn't mind going to class. In fact, I loved almost all my classes, the only I couldn't stand being my math course.

What I hated the most about my school was that most of the people there seemed to care about what was on the outside rather than what was on the inside, and I should know.

It wasn't like I was bragging or anything, but Heath and I were two of the most popular guys in school. Heath was popular for a legitimate reason; being the captain of the soccer team, knowing how to put smiles on everyone's faces, making everyone laugh.

But me?

Every time someone approached me in the hallway, they normally told me how they liked my hair or they liked my outfit. It was always something about how I look. Never about with who I really was.

Only three people in the entire school saw what was on the inside, one more than the others. Kailani, my best friend. We've been best friends growing up since she was living in my house and she always appreciated what was on the inside of me. She even knew that I was smarter than what I led everyone else to believe, including Heath and Wendy.

At least I had the three of them to appreciate who I was and not what I looked like.

"Can I have your fries?" Heath asked me, staring at the food tray sitting in front of me.

"No," I said. "There were plenty of other fries. You could have bought your own."

"But then I would have had to waste money," Heath said with a frown.

Kailani snorted. "This coming from the guy who bought enough jello to fill his swimming pool."

"Hey, you also went swimming in that," Heath said.

"But I'm not the one who bought it," Kailani pointed out.

"You really filled your swimming pool with jello?" Wendy asked.

"Of course I did," Heath said. "My parents weren't happy at first, but then my dad ended up swimming in it as well, so I didn't get grounded. Well, my bank card was taken away for a week, but that's it."

"Was it fun?" Wendy asked.

Kailani smiled. "Oh yeah. Lincoln wouldn't have known because he refused to get into the pool."

"Lame," Wendy said.

"Hey, don't team up against me," I said. "I don't see what's so cool about swimming in jello."

"Hello? A lot of people would dream of swimming in jello," Heaths said. "It was a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Not really," I said. "Because knowing you, you'll do it again some other time."

"Well, you're not wrong, but still," Heath said. "You need to loosen up and have fun at times."

"I had fun today this morning," I said. "I actually went for a morning swim."

"Yes, while complaining that you didn't see the satisfaction in it," Kailani said. "I'm with Heath on this one. You're boring at times."

"No, I'm not," I said. "I just don't have the same weird interests as you."

"I still want those fries," Heath said.

I rolled my eyes and handed him the small basket of fries. I should have known he would ask for it. Next time, I would probably have to have a salad for lunch because there would be no way he would ask for that.

"So, Lincoln, there's that new horror movie playing tonight in the theater," Wendy said. "Would you like to go?"

I smiled at my girlfriend. "Of course I would. You only want to go to the horror movie just so you could hide behind me, right?"

"That may be a possibility," she said. "It actually does seem interesting, so I'll try my hardest to watch it."

"Which probably won't happen, but try your best," I said before going back to eating my lunch. Heath then asked to have the cookie I bought so I gave that to him so he wouldn't keep asking for it. All I had left to eat was my chicken wrap.

After lunch, Kailani, Wendy, and I had English together, so we went to our lockers before heading over to that class. Shortly into the class, our teacher told us to pick someone to be our partner. We had to present something at the end of the class, unfortunately. I hated when teachers made us prepare something only to present it the same day. That gave us no time whatsoever.

I turned to Wendy, who gave me a smile. "Sorry, but I'm going to work with Fay," she said.

"You know, I'm kind of offended that you never want to be my partner," I said.

"I do, but Kailani is your best friend, so she's your partner," Wendy said. "You two always paired up before you and I started dating, so it wouldn't be fair to change that. That, and I know that you would rather work with Kailani than me."

"What? No, I....Okay, in my defense, you get distracted too easily," I said.

Wendy just smiled and kissed my cheek before heading over to where her best friend was sitting.

I got up from my spot and sat down in the empty seat beside Kailani. "Hey, partner," I said.

"Hey," she said. "You're still not partnering up with Wendy? I thought you would have at least once by now."

"Nah, I'd rather work with you," I said. "That, and she basically forced me to stay partners with you."

"Wow, thank you so much for wanting to be my partner," Kailani said sarcastically. "You are the best friend ever."

"Alright, tone down the sarcasm and let's get started on the presentation," I said.

Kailani gave me a smile before we got to work. Even though Wendy was my girlfriend, I liked working with Kailani a lot better. For one thing, Kailani rarely got distracted --unless it was raining outside because she was obsessed with the rain. Another thing, we always seemed to have the same ideas, so we never had to argue about what to do or whose idea to use.

We ended up finishing what we had to ten minutes before our teacher said we had to start presenting, so that gave us a lot of time to go over what we had.

Once it was time to present, Kailani and I volunteered to go first. She didn't really like presenting things in front of the class, so we always tried to go first so she could get it down and over with. Plus, if she saw other presentations, she would worry that we did something wrong or she would try to change ours so it fit along with the others.

When we finished presenting, our teacher smiled. "Excellent once again, Lincoln and Kailani," she said. "You two always work so well together."

I looked over at Wendy, who gave me a smile and a thumbs-up. I smiled back at her before heading back to my seat.

After two more classes, school ended so we were finally able to go home. I just wanted to nap before I went out with Wendy later on.

While I was laying in bed, I was staring up at the ceiling, thinking about how things went at school. I hated having so much attention just for my looks. I wanted things to be different.

_____________________

Here is another chapter! I wanted to post this before I have to head off to my first day at university. cx It's 12 PM right now and I don't have to leave for another half hour. cx

So far, I'm really proud of how the book is going. One of you commented on the lat chapter, saying how they like it that Kailani doesn't hate Wendy just because she's dating Lincoln. Honestly, at first, Wendy was supposed to be a jerk, but then I realized that it's too cliche; having one of the main character's crushes' significant other to be a jerk. I want to change things up a bit. :)

I CAN'T WAIT FOR CHAPTER FOUR BECAUSE I GET TO WRITE ABOUT MY BAE. I love you, Simon. cx Lol, he's played by one of my many celebrity crushes. cx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38 1 26
Kala had always thought of herself as normal, but when the world ended, cleansed by a power most would fail to understand, she realized she was far f...
2.4K 705 48
Water, shapes us. Fire, transforms us. Air, moves us. Earth, heals us. If these elements were to be taken from the world, it would suffer. Bella, Cla...
2.1K 47 33
*Chapters 1-8 has been revised and in some areas rewritten* In a world apart from ours, a hidden land that harbors very unique human beings. These sp...
136K 5.3K 37
She has all the power in the world at her fingertips: fire, water, earth and air. Yet sixteen year old Krista is constantly on the run from people wh...