marriage without choice--Figh...

By madame_ady

a beautiful independant women made to marry abroad. unhappy as she is with the idea of it she goes ahead with... More

Fighting fate. The slow whirlwind of my life. Prologue
chapter 1 airport drama
chapter 2 old memories and pain
chapter 3
chapter 5 Adams pov
Chapter 6 Zed Lena and Mr Nasser--- realisation.
chapter 7
chapter 8 Uncle Toby
chapter 9.
chapter 10.

chapter 11

75 0 0
By madame_ady

Adam was very irritated, he didn't like the fact that the older man from the business class knew Amira, it itched at him to think they knew each other, the fact that he looked familiar meant something, in his line of work he met lots of people, most were bastards.

 Amira was turning out to be more and more mysterious. Which could be good and bad.

  Adam had two theories, one was that Amira was the second person he was supposed to meet in Morocco or two his brief acquaintance with her would most definitely come bite him in the backside one day. Adam had messed up twice in the past, he most definitely didn't want to make it a third. The thought of Laura Haurdings -a rival- mocking him was too painful.

"Adam!"

Adam snapped out of his thoughts when he saw Amira frowning at him.

"What!" Adam was merely imitating her but he soon regretted it when she widened her eyes briefly before shaking her head and walking away.

"Crap."

Adam rushed forward just in time to see Amira walk into the captains cabin after knocking.

He had to stop himself from laughing when Mike tensed upon hearing Amira call out to him clearly having recognized her voice.

"Mikey!"

"Amira." Adam could tell Mike wasn't looking forward to their meeting again.His tense body had slowly turned towards to face them well not him, Amira he wasn't there the last time they met taking over he cleared his throat before talking.

"Mike. I'm Adam it's quite clear your not happy to see us. . . "

Adam paused when he saw Mike open his mouth to protest but browbeat-ed him to it.

"That's okay, to tell you the truth neither are we. If we had a choice we would never want to see your face ever. If we did that would mean flying to Morocco instead of Japan."

"Adam." Amira warned him.

"Okay, sorry but you get the point. It's your damn crew's fault we are even sitting on this plane."

"Is that so?"

  Adam was enjoying this a little bit too much, the look on Mike's face was pure rage, it may be his crew's fault they had boarded this plane but he didn't deserve being put in his place on his plane.

"Look I'm sorry, what I'm saying is."

 "Shut up Adam. Your anger isn't helping our problem and concerns, yes we get it your angry, were all hoping this situation doesn't escalate anymore then it needs to, neither of us woke up today thinking yay lets get ready for chaos and adventure; these guys certainly didn't wake up today plotting and planning to wreck someone's day so cut it out."

   Adam stared at Amira, creepy jitters running throughout his body, she couldn't be a nanny, no way. Adam saw a flashback of a different room and a different person, conducting a rushed and brisk business meeting. Amira had taken charge just like a professional business woman. Just like his boss.

Straight to the point

  "Adam. Now's really not the time to start day dreaming, listen up loud and clear I want to discuss how this happened but that will be later, we will talk later on once the plane boards in the meanwhile we want to check if there are more passengers that haven't realised they are seated on the wrong plane, it's more then likely that we aren't the only passengers.

"Now stop right there Amira, in case you haven't noticed I am the captain." Mike fumed.

Adam readied himself for cowboy fight, the way Mike and Amira were staring at each other, well they wouldn't need pistols and a lasso, here and now, looks would be enough.

"Mike I'm sorry about trying to take the lead here but its what I do."

"It's what you do? Amira we had a nice friendly chat earlier on but that certainly does not mean you take over my job for me, I understand your connections, Cole was a good friend of mine, we studied together and you work for the boss I get that but here and now this is my baby." Mike was obviously proud of his achievements but there was a sense of regret in his tone. 

  "When I applied to learn how to fly a plane I went into this specific field cause I knew there would never be a hassle I'd be doing something I enjoyed and was passionate about, I would never be put in a situation were I would have to make a mistake and due to it I'd have to lie. You see I may be some respectable captain everybody loves and envy's but I'm human. I used to have a habit of lying, Cole's honesty changed that but that doesn't mean I hate it, I hate the situation were in. This whole mess wasn't supposed to happen, I'm sorry if I am being a bit frosty but the whole situation has me going under." 

Adam confused by how Amira would know a friend of Mike interrupted him quickly before Amira's little lad could get anymore impatient, he was only a child and although his mean streak was on a high at the moment, Adam didn't think it fair to drag the boy in this mess.

"Yeah yeah yeah, we get it, really we do that's why we are here, all we are asking is could you go round checking everyone's tickets to see if we are the only ones that are not supposed to be on it."

Adam watched panic flash over the captain's face before he changed it.

"Okay we'll get to that, you three get to your seats I'll come and find you for anything else. And Adam? Thank you for trying to help me even though I can tell how mad you are at me."

  Amira snorted in an un-lady like manner before walking away with Javed who was asking if they could see the captain's spaceship. Adam chuckled following them.

For now he would wait. He knew he had partially failed at his current assignment but here he had currently struck the jackpot: Amira was one intriguing lady

  Adam was half a journalist - if there was any such thing. On rare occasions when he found out some important news he would busy himself writing a article about it and nine out of ten times 'Ava ' loved his articles. She had promised him a seat in the top ten writers in her magazine but he had simply refused, he had needed action in his life and his current occupation gave him that, the money on the other hand was a definite plus too. Not that he saw any of it. All thanks to Richard.

Adam had grown tired thinking of it. One day it would all be over, once he found out his source. Richard was his cousin but he hated him with a passion, he hated him for what he had done to his family.

  "Adam?" Adam felt himself jerk back into the present and looked for the owner of the voice. Javed was seated in Amira's seat beckoning Adam to sit down whilst Amira just smiled on in adoration, smoothing out his light brown hair which had little ringlets in the small amount of hair he had in odd places messed up by his sleep.

"Come talk to me." Javed implored of him.

"Talk? You want to talk?" Amira shot Adam a murderous look for the incredulous tone he had talked in. Although Amira and Javed were mere strangers it warmed his heart when he saw the affection they addressed each other with, Amira had to be more then just a nanny and though right this moment Adam really wanted to ask questions he kept his questions to himself because of the boy. "Right ok lets play 21 questions." Adam chuckled when he saw Amira roll her eyes. "What?" He asked. "Very original." she muttered more to herself then him.

Your right but that's between a man and woman who want to get to know each other." 

his jab cut at her but she ignored it hoping he wouldn't see and quickly turned away but Adam had seen it and had wondered what it meant. They didn't mean anything to each other and had only just met. 

"You conceited little." Amira had tried to finish her sentence but had stopped when Javed had looked at her.

Adam gave her a apologetic look and asked "did I say that out loud?"

Amira breathed in and out before addressing him "Yes you moron, you did say that out loud and your right we don't mean anything to each other. Nor do we know each other so why the questions?"

"Aunt Ammie is Adam a stranger?" 

"Good question Javed, that's a very good question but." Amira was cut off by Javed who had lost interest in her and was asking Adam the same question. 

Adam smirked at Amira before becoming serious. "I'm a stranger until your aunt says I'm not a stranger."

Amira was surprised but then again she shouldn't be, from the beginning of this flight Adam had been nothing but a good father figure to Javed and so it wasn't unexpected of everyone who was anyone to think Adam and Amira were Javed's parents. 

She gave him a genuine smile before calling out to the stewardess, it was the olive skinned lady that had ushered herself and Javed into a random seat. "Excuse me is it possible for me to to get a snack or something? You've probably served dinner but we fell asleep around lunch and dinner this little one is mighty hungry." 

"sure I'll go check." 

The stewardess's frosty tone did not bother Amira for she knew the news of having extra passengers would have already passed between the colleagues if they didnt have anything better to do, though she could hear Adam grinding his teeth she smiled at him gently to assure him. The olive skinned lady had barely gone before she was already back with three packages.

"I'm sorry ma'am but we only have fruit pieces left if that's okay with you?"

"That's absolutely fine thank- you." Amira finished, the lady  had walked away before she could finish her sentence and though it didn't bother her, she would have to pretend it didn't even happen.

Adam the dangerous looking man next to Javed was acting very protective and she wouldn't admit it any time soon but she like it, in fact she was accustomed to it the male in the family were all like that including Joseph one of the many reasons Zed and Danyal hadn't given Joseph such a hard time when he had unexpectedly announced his and Lena's engagement.

  Amira had thought that maybe that was why Danyal had gone early to Morocco, normally when the girls dated all the males gave the boyfriends a really, really hard time one of the reasons - not including Noah - why she never dated. If they couldn't take the pressure of being a boyfriend of a Nasser then there hardly was a point to it. Doubt definitely filled Amira's overly emotional mind but she put it to rest hoping against hope that her doubts were just that - just doubts. 

Of course there really was no way for Amira to find out if Danyal had been a jerk to Mikaeel or if he had gone early to get some private matter solved but she would hang on to Lena's belief: never ever think bad of anyone even if you see evidence or have proof. Amira was proud of Lena she did an amazing job everyday consulting patients daily greeting them with the most welcome face possible despite the sordid secrets revealed to her and though sometimes she brought her work home to her family despite them hating the way Lena sometimes treated them as patients they all loved her and were proud of her.

 Amira turned to Javed to tuck a tissue in so she could feed him without getting messy it would have helped if she had a change of clothes for him but this trip wasn't exactly planned was it but it looked like Javed had some other plans, he wouldn't eat and Adam who had already started eating was smirking at her as if he was mocking her, course he would according to him she was supposed to be a nanny. 

"Javed do I have to feed you or will you be a big boy for me and eat up?" Javed just shrugged his head from left to right sighing she lifted his spoon after taking out the folding tray but it was fruitless he wouldn't eat. 

Amira jumped at the contact of Adam's hand, he had put his bowl down and had reached out for Javed's. Amira's stubborn nature was at the front of all things. "What's the problem you don't like peaches? I've got strawberry if you want but Javed actually prefers mixed berries sorry."

Adam chuckled to himself before addressing her. "You know I wasn't going to do that, stop being a stubborn woman and hand it over." 

  Sighing Amira handed it over and watched with envy as Javed nodded to something Adam whispered in his ear then began eating. Amira began eating too as she and Javed finished the last of there fruit Mike walked towards them with a steady gait, he didn't look worried probably not to worry the passengers but the fact that he was away from his room said a lot. 

"I'm sorry and I guess you were right there are people on this flight that are not supposed to be with us, well it seems you have a lot of seats empty around you so I'll ask my colleagues to send them out here. I'm really sorry about this and once we return I will make it up to you all."

"Damn straight you will and we will have that talk Amira mentioned with your whole crew once we land captain." Adam ordered in a don't you dare go against me voice.

Sighing Mike sighed before placing his hand on Amira's shoulder, squeezing it in assurance he walked away muttering his consent. Adam turned to Amira who was white as a sheet but before he could worry a attendant walked in asking the few people sitting around them. Seeing as there wasn't many people in comparison to business class economy class and first class, the attendant soon reached them and turned towards Amira asking for her passport and ticket but Amira was in shock or that's what it looked like. 

Adam recognized the attendant that they had bumped into earlier who had clearly not liked Amira. 

 Adam watched as the attendant formed a sneer before speaking but Adam had to interrupt. "I'm sorry dear if your asking to check if we are on the wrong plane then we definitely are." Despite the gentle manner he spoke in Adam watched recognition flash across the attendants face before being replaced with fear. The scars did that, they never failed him. The attendant had already started walking away when he remembered her name. "Maggie!"

Maggie turned towards him, eyes narrowed. "How do you know my name?"

"I heard Amira shouting it earlier, never mind that could you get me something for Amira to drink I think her sugar levels are down and she's in a bit of a shock." 

Javed in the mean time was playing with Amira's hands and though she seemed lost in her own world she was playing back with his hands. Smiling he waited for Maggie to return who was now back with some juice, Maggie opened it put a straw in and put it to Amira's mouth. 

Feeling a straw in her mouth finally made Amira snap out of wonderland. Amira was definitely surprised to see Maggie of all people since she had shown earlier that she didn't like her. Maggie on the other hand simply smiled, "I'm human you know, earlier I was just trying to do my job and now, well I'm still doing my job. Your in shock clearly, thought I'd help you out." 

Amira who had sipped the juice whilst Maggie was talking smiled and thanked her. "I appreciate that, thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
159K 6.8K 47
Mature 18+ When Amina is brought back to the place that caused her so much pain she is suddenly thrown into more drama than when she left.
94.4K 2.9K 14
Andrea, a simple girl, who has worked all her life to pay the bills and sustain her father's drinking problem, one day her father suffers a terrible...
511K 16.1K 30
"How could you break my heart?!" Alex screamed at Aaron. "I promised nothing" He snarled,he actually promised her forever. He twirled his wedding r...