Promises Were Meant To Be Bro...

By TriciaMahone

He promised to never hurt me. But to him, it was just another promise meant to be broken. SEQUEL TO TAYLOR I... More

Becky
Flashback
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Part 1)
Chapter 31
Final Chapter
Note

Chapter 30 (Part 2)

6.1K 300 38
By TriciaMahone

Austin

My car made a sudden halt as I looked at her average sized, cozy home. I sighed remembering the last time I was here.

Why did I have to kiss her? Why do I always mess up?

I grabbed the box with a silent slam of my car door.

2:28pm. 27 minutes until Becky’s out of school, which means I still have enough time.

Walking to her porch, I was still debating in my head if I should continue with what I’m doing or just walk away while I still have time. But walking away was already too late when my right hand knocked on her door three times.

Maybe I should just walk away

As I was about to turn, the door slightly opened wide, Mrs. Springs appearing on the door way with a smile on her face. But it soon faded realizing it’s me but tried to keep it, just to be polite.

“Oh, hello Austin. I haven’t seen you in a while.”

A sad smile played upon my face.

She looked at my hands and noticed the box

“Come in.”

She made way for me to come in. Her house still looks the same, except a few things have been rearranged.  We made our way to the living room and settled on their comfortable, white couches.

“I see you’ve brought something along with you. Not to be rude but what are you doing here honey?”

“I-I came to drop this off, just for old times’ sake.”

 I handed her the box. As she opened it, I caught her smile.

“I remember this.” She held up a picture of Becky and I on New Year’s 2010. She examined it closely examining it. She put it back inside and sealed it with a sigh

“Are you sure it’s a good idea giving this to her”

I gave her a confused look which urged her to go further into explanation

“What do you mean?” 

“I mean,  she just got over the heartbreak. She was a complete mess. She wouldn’t come out of her room, she wouldn’t eat, she was really hurt until about two weeks ago. I believe she’s been talking with another boy”

“Who’s this boy, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“I’m not sure. I never bothered to ask because whoever he is, he’s really helping her.  She’s been happy lately and I don’t want to snoop around.”

I bit my lip, nervous and curious on who he is but I’m sure I don’t even know who he is. My eyes went around the room but eventually landed on the box.

“Well, can I at least put this up in her room?” I grabbed the box and set it on my lap

Mrs. Springs looked at me hesitantly

“I promise I won’t take long.”

Still unsure, she nodded.

“Go ahead Austin. But-” before she had time to finish, her phone rang.  She sighed before getting up to answer it.  I quickly made my way to her room. Her door creaked as I opened it.

Walls filled with pictures of her, Sarah, Mickey, Alex, Robert, and an unfamiliar brunette, I think her name is Ritalind.

Where are our pictures? Where are our memories?

I’ll admit, it hurts at the thought maybe she really did get over me while I’m here trying my best to get her back.

I gently set it on her table. I grabbed a sharpie and wrote her name on the top. I sat on her bed, just remembering a few memorable memories running through my head with a smile on my lips.

She deserves to be happy

I forced myself to push those thoughts out of my head. I guess it’s time to move on from her, now that she has moved on from me. Without realizing, little tear drops dripped down to the palm of my hand. Taking one deep breath, I pushed myself up

A loud slam came from downstairs.

3:10pm

Becky’s back from school!

My heart started pounding

“Sweetie, can yo-”

“Not now mom!” her voice yelled

I quickly got out of her room, trying my best not to make a sound but I could hear footsteps coming up.  I didn’t have time to get out, so my only choice was to hide in her bathroom, which is what I did. Her footsteps passed the door, I let out a sigh of relief. Just moments later, a clatter came from her room but I already knew what it is.

I got out of her bathroom already about to leave, Mrs. Springs came up.

“Austin, what was that?”

“Most likely the box.” I replied “Do.. do you think she would maybe want to talk to me or wi-”

Her sincere smile cut me off

“Stay. I’ll do my best to get her to talk to you. You both need it.”

I pulled her into a hug “Thank you”

We let go. I watched her walk into Becky’s room. My legs started pacing as I waited. After minutes of pacing, I decided to listen through the door. I know it’s wrong but I can’t help it.

“You miss him, don’t you?”

Everything fell silent; the only sound is my heavy heartbeat waiting for the answer I want to hear

“N-No, I don’t. I’m p-perfectly fine without him.” She stuttered

My head dropped along with my heart

That’s it Austin. Now you have to move on.

“Sweetie…” Mrs. Springs continued. I know she’s trying her best but maybe it’s better this way.

“No mom really, I’m fine!”

Shuffling came from inside the room then along came another loud clatter. With a little peek in, I saw her.

Her beautiful face, full of tears. Her small, fragile body held in her mom’s arms. I fought the urge to run over there, hold her tight, and kiss her. But I knew it would be wrong.

But what I heard next caught me by surprise.

“I-I miss him mom. I-”

“Ssshhh sweetie calm down. He ca-”

That’s it. This is my chance.

Without thinking what I’m about to do, I opened her door. I must’ve not noticed the tears streaming down my face until I looked into her eyes. My breath got caught in my throat.

Her big, gorgeous brown eyes gazing into mine.

“A-Austin.” She finally said but just barely above a whisper. Her beautiful voice like a melody to me.

“Mrs. Springs, will you please give us a minute?” I asked politely, still not looking away from Becky.

With a small nod, she left.

I watched her closely. The way she’s breathing heavily. The way her eyes are red and puffy. The hard stare she’s giving me.

My fists were in a ball until I released.

“Becky” I started walking towards her but she kept taking a step back. The closer I walked, the farther back she went.

“Becky please.” I begged. She shook her head aggressively

Finally, I pinned her towards a wall. Her once happy, joy filled eyes now in tears and pain.

“P-Please, j-just leave Austin.” She finally said. Her gaze never once looking into mine since we broke.

“You don’t mean that.” I gently grabbed her chin to make her face me. My thumb caressed her cheek, wiping away the tears.

“I-I do.”

I shook my head. With one arm on her waist and my hand on her cheek, I got her attention

“Then look me in the eyes and tell me to leave. Just tell me and I’ll do so. Tell me that you don’t want me, tell me that you no longer have any feelings for me, tell me you no longer love me and I’ll leave you alone completely. Just tell me so I don’t fool myself into thinking we may actually start something we once had.”

Her mouth gaped open to say something, but words never came out.

“Go on, say it.” I urged with little tears forming

“I-I… I can’t.”

---------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 202 16
They promised they would never hurt me They promised to always care It turns out those promises were ment to be broken Disclaimer ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This...
663 48 13
A promise was made between two best friends. But promises are meant to break. ~~The tale of two bestfriends~~
1K 48 30
Dont Give Up On Me Not Now Not Ever Not After Everything Everything Leading To Now Please If I Beg Will You Stay If I Get On My Knees If I Do These T...
60.2K 1.2K 12
Y/N always keeps her promises. Always. And this time it ends up hurting her.