Is This... Do I Like You? III...

By daughter_of_wisdomm

Tenten Mitashi is the local tomboy at Konoha Highschool. She's a weapon fanatic and has fantastic aim. With h... More

Chapter One: A tom-boy through and through
Chapter Two: "Try me, Mitashi."
Chapter Three: "Isn't orange juice for kids?"
Chapter Four: "Damn Hyūga."
Chapter Five: "Never."
Chapter Six: "Say your goodbyes."
Chapter Seven: "Don't leave."
Chapter Eight: "Glad to know you think I'm so amazing."
Chapter Nine: "then it's the idiot." "Hey-!"
Chapter Ten: "I hope your telling the truth."
A/N IMPORTANT
Chapter Eleven: "Who hurt you?"
A/N IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
I was tagged
Chapter Fourteen: "Troublesome woman."
Chapter Fifteen: "You're so annoying."
Chapter Sixteen: "You talk too much."
Epilogue: "I've never been so sure about anything"

Chapter Twelve: Mitashi and Hyūga

3K 119 44
By daughter_of_wisdomm

Word Count: 21,622

Narrator's POV:

Hello. I am the unnamed narrator. I would just like to warn you advance in regards to this chapter. There will be the possibility for feels so be prepared. Grab some tissues and some ice cream. Maybe a teddy bear cause it might get rough. Also, prepare for more moments like this. Where I, the narrator, break the fourth wall. Now. Let us get back to the story.

Tenten Kunai (or Matashi; however she prefers Kunai). A senior at Konoha high. Her personality was a unique one. Charming and kind. Yet courageous and daring at the same time. She stood up for herself and those close to her. Making sure that they never get hurt. Physically and emotionally. For she doesn't want anybody else to feel that way. Shall I explain?

Tenten's mother died when she was seven years-old. Leaving her with her loving father. The relationship between her parents was a love so strong that no matter what, it could never be broken. And the bond that they shared with their daughter; it was something truely beautiful. She was brought up in a joyous family. Taught well, about how to treat those who were around her.

But when her mother was diagnosed with lung cancer. Her world fell apart. The happy feeling in her home seemed to dissappear. There was no longer a bounce in her step. Her eyes stopped shining. And her smile wasn't as bright. Even at such a young age, she understood why the happiness was gone.

"Tou-chan?"

Said man quickly turned around to face his daughter. Blinking back tears, he kneeled down to her height. "What's up, kid?"

The Seven year old looked to down at her feet. "When's kaa-san coming back?"

Guilt spread through her father's veins. Tears gathered in the corners of his eyes, "She not coming back home, sweetheart. We have to go visit her from now on." Tenten looked up at him with brown eyes that were full of confusion. "B-but why? Why isn't she coming back? This is our home!"

He quickly embraced her. A few tears slipped out of his eyes. "Because. That's just how it's going to work from now on."

It was like that. Constant visits to the hospital. Seeing her mother was the only thing on Tenten's mind. But when death took her mother, there was nothing but sorrow in the air for months. The house she lived in seemed less alive. The World seemed less vibrant.

Eventually over time, their hearts healed; and they learned how to live without the presence of the kind woman. The pair moved on in a years time. Their wounds healed, they continued on. There was ups and downs of course. But the world had color once again.

Then when Tenten was 15; roughly three years from the present date. She met someone: a male peer. He was handsome, kind, generous, and most important he shared the same interest in weapons. The moment they met, they immediately hit it off. Friends in an instant is how her father and her friends would describe it.

They would always be together. Always talking. Always hanging out. Texting during class in secret. Staying up until four in the morning calling each other. They were the best of friends. Eventually... their relationship evolved into something more.

They started dating a month or two before Tenten's sixteenth birthday. Then, when that speacial date rolled around. Tenten found out he had been cheating on her. He had given her his phone for a second to text back his friend. And as she was about to set his phone down, he received a message from a private number.

Ping!

She blinked and looked down at the screen.

'One new message', she read. Assuming it was the response from their friend. She opened it.

From, 'Private Number'

'Since your "girlfriend"'s birthday is today. I guess we can't have fun tonight? ;)'

Dropping the phone. She ran. Faster than she's ever ran before.

For months, Tenten was in constant pain. Wishing that, if only she had put that device down a second sooner; she wouldn't feel the way she does. Maybe she could have realized that he wasn't very interested in her that way. And it wouldn't hurt as much. She imagined that breaking up that way would be so much less painful than knowing that she wasn't good enough for him.

Those months were torture for the young weapon lover. Thoughts as such always lingering in her mind. And once again, the world had lost its vibrance. Eventually, with support from her father, and friends; and lots of ice cream. Her heart healed again. And she moved on. Accepting that it was his loss. Not hers.

She found other things to fill the whole in her heart with. Friends. Hobbies. Anything. And the black and white world she lived in slowly colored itself. Until every where she looked, brilliant colors graced her vision.

That's when she met Him. Neji Hyūga. He shined with color. Yet something seemed, dull about him. It spiked her interest. And despite her best efforts; she slowly fell for the teen. And that's where you all came into the story.

Now, Tenten was terrified of Neji. She knew that the butterflies in her stomach were because she was falling for him. Those butterflies triggered every alarm in her brain; screaming at her to run. But ignoring them, she chose to become closer to him instead.

Then after the butterflies came, it was the nervous feeling in the pit of her stomach. The kind of feeling that makes you want to hug yourself. So hard, that you squeeze said feeling out.

Then when she started blushing around him; she knew it was over. She had fallen for the handsome Hyūga. The same boy that she tried to convince herself she hated so many times. But it never did seem to work. It seemed like the harder she tried to hate him; the harder she fell.

Now that you know of Tenten's story. Allow me to tell you about the main male in this story; Neji Hyūga.

Neji was born to a wealthy family. His father being the younger twin brother of the CEO of Hyūga Industries. He was a member of the main branch family. He was raised to serve the main branch family. And when Neji was around the age of five, his father was killed. A sacrifice for the main family. So his uncle may live. Out of this, grew Neji's hate for the main branch family.

Several years later, he crossed paths with a loud mouthed blonde. He was the class clown, and the lowest of their class. The blue eyed boy would always be pulling pranks and getting in trouble. Yet for reasons unknown to most, the principle, Sarutobi Hiruzen, always showed him mercy. His parents, Minato and Kushina Namisake, had been targeted by some bad people.

Only a few days after the blonde was born, they were murdered in cold blood. He ended up living with his godfather, Jiriya. This boys name, was Naruto Uzumaki. He inherited his mother's last name to avoid the same fate as his parents.

This boy, he is the one who changed Neji. In the eighth grade, there was a fight. Naruto vs Neji. Of course everybody expected Neji to win. He was trained in martial arts and was bred from a wealthy family. Some even called him and genius. But, in the end, Naruto won. And he, quite literally, knocked some sense into the young Hyūga.

After hearing of the fight, his uncle Hiashi went to Neji to find the reason. When he found out about Neji's pent up hate, he apologized and explained what really happened about Hiashi's death.

During an attack, Hiashi and Hizashi were taken hostage. Since they were nearly identical, Hizashi claimed to be his brother against Hiashi's will. They shot Hizashi dead thinking he was the head of the family. Hizashi had sacrificed himself for his brother, and his family. After that, Neji's hate dissolved. And his respect for the young blonde grew. Of course, he never showed it.

Due to the over grown ego he had. Much like some Uchiha's. *cough* SasukeUchiha*cough**cough* Wow. What a nasty cough I have.

His first year of highschool, he had been introduced to a girl. Going by the name of Tenten Kunai. She was gorgeous in Neji's eyes. While some might say her features were plain and uninteresting, he found her dark brown eyes absolutely mezmerizing. In fact, Neji's dignity was almost destroyed the day he met Tenten.

"N-neji-niisan! Th-this is Tenten, m-my new fr-freind," Hinata gestured to the girl beside her. Neji's eyes landed upon her and he couldn't help but stare. Tenten noticed his staring and raised a brow at him. She put her hand out for him to shake, "Kunai Tenten, pleasure to meet ya."

He blinked and shook her hand. Tingles shooting up his arm as he did so. "Hyūga Neji, the pleasure is mine."

After that Tenten would visit the Hyūga mansion often. And Neji ended up having several classes with the brunette over the years. They developed a playful and competitive relationship over that span of time. And the longer this continued. The harder he fell for Tenten.

This, is where you came into the story.

Since I've finished telling you of the two main characters; plus a little bit of Naruto's story. I guess I'm finished... unless you all want to know about more of the characters. If so, you'll have to wait. The author said that the next chapter would also be a filler. Boring, ne? So, comment the characters you would like back stories on.

Right here

Anyway, the author told me to wrap it up. So, I guess this is all for now. Until next time...

~~

Yoooo~!

Finally got done with this chapter. What did you guys think of the narrator up there^^? They're pretty chill. Good at their job so that's what counts. Gotta pay them though. *counts money* shit. I'm short.

Narrator: What was that?

Me: *nervous laughter* Haha, nothing! Nothing at all!

Narrator: *cocks gun* Sure about that?

Me: Sorry guys gotta blast! Oh, and as always. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. And if you did don't forget to:

FOLLOW

VOTE

&

COMMENT

Narrator: *aims* Where's my payment??

Me: Chow!

-O

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.7K 1.3K 14
AU where Eren and Mikasa are married and nothing hurts (too much)
11.8K 389 39
➤ ❝𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙥, 𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙩?❞ ╰──﹟ 𝘈 𝘛𝘖𝘋𝘖𝘔𝘖𝘔𝘖 𝘍𝘈𝘕𝘍𝘐𝘊 . . . ⊃ ━━━━ ❝ 𝗶𝗻 �...
21.4K 1K 38
It's no secret that Neji and Tenten hate each other but Gai just had to make them act a role together in the drama he was directing. How could they a...
490K 10.4K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.