Band-Aids On Bruises

By Wingitt

When two friends, Dustin Barre and Fisher Harpe, go to a highschool party, they would not have expected the e... More

Friendship
Decisions
Flower Crowns and Fruity Drinks
Devastation
Failure
Dangerous
Fearful
Disaster (Part 1)
Disaster (Part 2)
Far
Fresh Wounds
Distress
Fire
Debt
Faint
Delayed
Forgiven
Dismiss
Focus
Dreams
Fear
Dread
Falter
Defeat
Flashback
Depressed
Frustration
Deep
Falling
Desist
Fix
Disappear
Faith
Dawn
Fine
Determined
Fantasies
Day
First
Prologue - Definitely In Love With You
Authors note

Dusk

14 1 1
By Wingitt

[Prom Night]

I laugh as Fisher lifts me off the ground and spins us around, mouthing the words to the song that's blaring from the speakers. I wrap my arms around him as he gently lowers me back to the ground so I can stand, and look fondly into his eyes.

The song slowly fades out, and I tug on Fisher's sleeve and motion towards the back doors. "Let's go out for a little bit, I need some fresh air." I say and he nods, following me out. We go outside to the back field and Fisher sits down, then pulls me down into his lap.

"We don't always have to sit like this." I giggle as he kisses the back of my neck.

"But I like it..." he whines and I roll my eyes.

"Fine." I huff in a fake annoyed tone.

He laughs, then we fall into a comfortable silence just gazing at the stars. Fisher rests his head on my shoulder, and I sigh happily then lean back into his chest. The music coming from the school gym is echoing across the empty field, but it's actually nice background noise.

"Can't believe school's over." I mumble "The rest of our lives are starting tomorrow, there's going to be so much happening. This year was crazy. I felt like it was going too fast, then too slow... I feel like I haven't learned anything."

Fisher chuckles and kisses my cheek "As long as we're happy now, that's all that really matters to me."

I sigh happily "Yeah. I guess so."

Fisher leans back in the grass and I roll over on his chest, so he's lying on his back and I'm lying on him, looking at one another. I lean down and press a soft kiss to his lips. He smiles and sighs happily, just from one little kiss.

I want to cry tears of joy because of this. These past few months that we've been in a relationship, Fisher's been perfect. There's nothing but love in his actions. He never takes it too far, never trying to force his tongue into my mouth, never shows any signs that I'm not giving him enough, he is the most caring and considerate person I've ever met and I couldn't ask for anyone better to be my best friend/ boy friend.

"What are you thinking about?" Fisher asks suddenly, brushing some of my hair out of my face.

I smile and kiss him again "Just you, and how perfect you are."

He snorts and rolls over. I squeal as I slide off him and onto the grass, I try to look angry with him, but I can't help the little laugh that escapes my lips. "I'm perfect?" he asks "You're the one who's perfect D."

"Don't be cheesy." I say as I roll my eyes.

"I'm not being cheesy!" he pouts.

I shuffle closer to him and kiss his forehead "I know. If anything I'm the cheesy one."

"We can both be cheesy together."

We fall back into silence again, looking into each other eyes as the stars twinkle above us. I go back to thinking about everything that has been going on recently.

When Fisher and I first kissed that day, we decided that we were official. I came as a shock to everybody around us actually, because we didn't even bother trying to keep it quiet or private, so we were suddenly holding hands, kissing, wrapping arms around each other, and doing other cute couply things. It was even more unexpected because we told nobody about why we were together. Our parents were also a bit surprised when we told them, but they always knew that it might happen and they were extremely happy for us. We sleep together now too, not in the sexual way though, just in the same bed. The first few nights, I would wake up to nightmares and panic attacks like usual, but I could never calm myself down like I used to.

Fisher was the only one who could help me, and it wasn't just though talking on the phone, he had to be there. He had become my rock, my anchor to reality, and some nights I wasn't able to call him myself or wake up my parents in time. Those nights were the worst. So, when I told him this, he decided to stay with me for one night to see if it would help. One night, turned to two, then three, then a week, and up until now. So we've decided to take turns going back and forth between our houses, which our parents have been more than happy to help with.

"Hey, D." Fisher suddenly says, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You know it's not very nice to interrupt someone while they're thinking."

"Sorry, but if I didn't we'd be sitting like this all night."

"So rude." I strike a dramatic pose, then laugh "What is it?"

"You want to go back inside yet, or do you still want to stay out here? I heard the announcer just say they were going to 'slow things down' a bit."

I pause to think. I was really nervous to go to prom, since it was very similar to the party, but Fisher had convinced me. It was a lot better than I had originally thought, but the large amount of people and loud noises still made me think of the party, so I had to take regular breaks to go outside with Fisher. I want to, but at the same time I don't. I'm really nervous that I'll fall into a panic attack. I look up into Fisher's eyes and quickly make up my mind. He looks so hopeful that I'll say yes, and I don't want to hold him back from the fun, so I nod.

He smiles and we stand. "I won't leave your side." he tells me, and I roll my eyes as we start walking.

"You've said that to me about thirty times now."

"I just want to make sure you know!"

"I know, you clod. And I trust you." I lean against him.

He smiles as we enter the school again, merging back into the large crowds of people just as the song ends and fades into a slower, romantic one.

"Perfect timing." Fisher chuckles as he puts one hand on my waist, the other on my hand.

"Why do I have to be the girl?" I complain.

"Because you're wearing pink. Nice tux by the way, have I complimented you on that?"

I'm wearing a pale pastel pink tuxedo that I found in the back of a store that I was allowed to use, and it stands out from everybody's black, white, and Fisher's blue, tuxedos. I like it though.

"Only a hundred times."

"Only? Dang, I'm going to have to compliment you even more. My goal is two hundred times." he jokes as we begin to dance.

"Oh shut up."

"You're blushing though."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you-"

"Shut up and focus on dancing."

Fisher laughs and twirls me around. "Like this?"

"Did you really have to do the twirl?"

"Yes. You look cute while doing it."

I can't help smiling underneath my blush. He such a nerd, but he's my nerd now.

We dance along to the next couple songs, which are all slow and cheesy romantic ones, until I need another little break. So, we walk off to the side of the dance floor instead of going back outside. We say hello to people that we know, like Wasd, Oort and Fisher's friend Chase. Fisher stays at my side for the entire night, not leaving like he said, and I'm grateful for him doing that. We get some food from the tables, but we don't even go near the drinks, because we don't want to take any chances of them having alcohol or something in them, and I know Fisher hates the thought of getting drunk again.

We stay at prom for a very long time, late in the night, until finally people start leaving, the music fades out, and the lights begin to turn back on. We had stayed inside for mostly the rest of the night, but at one point I decided I would much rather be snuggling with Fisher, so we fled to an empty corner and watched everyone dance. Occasionally kissing, but never making out. The thought of it still kind of grosses me out.

When the announces do finally say that it's time to leave, Fisher and I begin our walk home. We get invited to a few after parties at strangers houses, but I just want to go home. We had decided to walk for many reasons, mainly because we need the exercise, and Fisher doesn't want to pay his brother for gas money for a three minute drive, and we live close enough anyways.

As we walk home, Fisher talks about random things as I hum a song that had gotten stuck in my head. A sad thought pops into my head though.

"We might never do this again." I whisper to Fisher. "We might never get another chance to walk down this hill like this, you talking and me listening. I don't want to have to stop doing this Fisher, I love doing this. It's how we first met!" I try not to cry as Fisher grabs me and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't worry. It's okay, we'll find another hill to walk on. We can always visit anyways. We can live on a hill. Don't think about the bad things, think about the good things." I nod and he drops his arms.

"...Like?" I sniffle as we begin walking again.

"Well... you'll never trip over that crack again."

I laugh "Yeah. Where is it anyways?"

"Right there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It was not funny!" I whisper-yell at Fisher as we enter my house.

"It kind of was."

"No it was not! I fell and you just laughed at me!"

"I gave you a warning, it's not my fault you didn't see it."

"It was dark! And you're lucky that my tux didn't rip, or you would be paying for it!"

We continue this playful argument as we get to my room. It might have been funny, just a little bit, but I wasn't letting Fisher know that! I was slightly overreacting to make Fisher carry me home, but he deserved to feel a little bit of guilt. Apparently there was none though.

Fisher sits me on my bed "Let's see it then. I'm going to be made if I carried you all the way back here for a tiny bruise or something."

I sigh and remove my tux "You might as well get changed now. You clothes are-"

"In the bottom drawer. I know."

Fisher gets changed as I strip down to my underwear, and grab my phone use as a light to see me knee. It's not bleeding, thankfully, but it still hurts. Fisher walks back to me and looks at it.

"You okay?" he asks.

"It doesn't hurt that much..." I give him puppy dog eyes, hopping that he won't get made at me for making him carry me.

He sighs, then shakes his head smiling "You're such a silly."

I pout "I'm hurt! Don't make fun of me."

He smiles and climbs into my bed, not bothering to put the covers on. I fall back and turn to my side so we're facing each other.

"Want a band-aid or something?" he asks.

"It's only bruises on my knee" I look at my hands "and hands. They don't need band-aids."

"I beg to differ." he grabs my hands lightly and gently places kisses all over them, then he sits and and I follow suit, and moves so he's facing my legs. Then, he kisses my bruises knee as well, making sure to never press to hard. I giggle, because it almost tickles.

After he does that, he returns to lying down and facing me, and I pull the cover over up on us. I move so my back is pressed to his chest and he wraps his arms around me.

"What was that?" I ask after a few minutes.

"Those where my band-aids."

"What?"

"My band-aids for bruises."

"Kisses on bruises?"

"Yup. Band-aids on bruises."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last chapter! Thank you so much for reading! There is going to be a prologue and author's note tomorrow. But this is the official ending of 'Band-Aids On Bruises" I felt like it was a good place to end it really, and I hope you all agree with me. Again, thank you so much for reading, it's got over two hundred reads now which is awesome! I hope y'all came to love Dustin and Fisher as much as I did. Bye bye! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
4M 87.3K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...