Kara

By glitter_xox

{Book Two Of The Millionaire Series} {Book Three And Four Have Been Included As Well.} ... More

Disclaimer!
Chapter 2- I Shot Picture Guy
Chapter 3- I'm Not Normal
Chapter 4- Living Next To A Confused Robin Hood
Chapter 5- Seriously? The Mafia?
Chapter 6- Cooking For 20 Guys?
Chapter 7- I Think I'm Going To Go Crazy
Chapter 8- Kare-bear Is Going To Dig Herself A Grave
Chapter 9- Dangerous Is My Middle Name
Chapter 10- Dominico Bassi
Chapter 11- Are You Serious?
Chapter 12- The Truth
Chapter 13- Caitlin
Chapter 14- Our Happily Ever After
THIRD BOOK IN THE SERIES!
Chapter 1- Wedding Dresses?
Chapter 2- She's Too Young!
Chapter 3- Drunk Gia?
Chapter 4- New Beginnings
Chapter 5- Daddy I Want A Mommy
Chapter 6- Do I Scare you Gia?
Chapter 7- Wedding Day Chaos
Chapter 8- Caitlin's Married?
Chapter 9- Happy Birthday Caitlin
Chapter 10- Pregnancy Nightmares
Chapter 11- Angelina Brooke
Chapter 12- Angelina Brooke Part 2
Chapter 13- The End
Next Book- Caitlin!
Chapter 1- "I'm Going To Miss Smokey"
Chapter 2- Hawaii Trip
Chapter 3- "I Heart Gabe?"
Chapter 4- Child's Play?
Chapter 5- Bryton?
Chapter 6- Dress?
Chapter 7- Gabriel Blake
Chapter 8- "It's Midnight"
Chapter 9- He Talked!!

Chapter 1- Carrington Here We Come

20.5K 577 167
By glitter_xox

Word count- 1864

"Why are you crying? Mom, I'm going with Noah. Don't worry about it. If anything goes wrong, I'll come back straight away" I say and she nods, wiping her eyes.

"Kara, this is for you. It's a credit card. It's unlimited. If you need anything else, call us okay?" Dad says and I hug dad tightly.

"Dad, you've got us a house, two cars, and now a card. I don't think I'll need anything else" he sighs letting me go.

"Why can't you just work close to us?" I smile

"I am dad. It's like 3 hours drive away from here, but I got a job. And I want it to go perfect. Like I said dad, I have Noah" he walks down the steps.

"Speaking of me, where's my credit card?" He asks dad, as he puts his suitcases down.

"I know what you would spend it on. Girls, drinks. I'm telling you Noah, no partying when you get there. There's going to be a few guards with you just in case" I sigh

"Dad.."He shakes his head

"Nope. It's for your own safety. The paparazzi will come there as well. You do remember how they came on your graduation?" Dad looks at me and I nod.

As soon as I climbed onto the stage, paparazzi flew down on helicopters, taking pictures of me, and my family. I just frozen at the flashes.

Paparazzi can do anything.

"We better me off" Noah looks at his phone.

I nod hugging my parents again, and he hugs them as well.

"We'll miss you a lot. Especially dad's food" Noah whispers.

"Hey. I can bake." Mom crosses her arms, as we let them go.

Noah has always been mom's favourite. Noah is my half brother. His mom was in jail, but now she's out, but he never went to go and meet her.

"I love you mom" he hugs mom tightly.

I smile and take his suitcase outside, just as car horns at me. I look through the window to see Max. My first boyfriend and my last.

He gets out of the car with Rosie behind him. She's my best friend.

"Max" I smile, wrapping my arms around him as he kisses me slowly.

Rosie coughs. I step back blushing, looking at Max.

"Hey" I smile looking up at him.

"Hi." He smiles at me.

"Love birds, you might want to break it up. Your dad is looking through the window" I step back quickly, letting max go.

He sighs, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"Kara, let's go" Noah walks out, placing his bags in the car.

"I'll miss you a lot" Max hugs me tightly.

I hug him back.

"I'll come to see some time. We can Skype as well" I whisper as his hands tighten around me.

"Yeah. I love you" I smile

"I love you too" he let's me go, and I hug Rosie.

"Call me okay" she nods letting me go.

"I will" she smiles

"Kara! Come on!" I nod  waving at them and running towards my car.

"Follow me" Noah says driving his car.

I sit in my black SUV and drive after him, waving at Max.

*
*
"Oh fuck" I mumble as my car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

Noah stops his car in front of me.

He gets out and walks towards me. I open my car, as he looks at me.

"What happened?" I shrug

"I think the battery died out." I say and he sighs

"You come with me. We'll come back for this car tomorrow. Now its late, and I don't know if we'll be able to find a mechanic" I frown.

"But Noah,this is my baby. This is my first car. My little Ben. How can I just leave him alone in the middle of nowhere? I'll wait, while you get a mechanic" he sighs nodding.

"I want you to stay inside the car. You don't open it for anyone but me. Lock all the doors okay?" I nod as he closes the door.

He points to his phone and I nod.

I open the door.

"An emergency, call you. Got it" he nods and closes my door. I lock all the doors.

Noah is older than me by 3 years. He's 25. I'm 22.

I watch as he walks towards his car and drives off into the dark.

I got a job as a detective. Something my parents thought that I wouldn't do. But being detective is easy and hard.

I'm an undercover detective. That's one of the good things. Nobody knows  who I am.
I like to keep my identity hidden from the outside world as best as I can, but it's hard when you're the daughter of a billionaire.

I look around myself, just as I see Noah's car drive towards me. He parks it next to mine, and gets out.

I open the door for  him.

"Kara, I can't find any mechanics at 9 in the night. I promise, I'll get it sorted for you. Okay?" I nod, picking my camera from the seat.

I stuff my phone in my pocket and get out, closing the door, and handing the keys to Noah.

"I'm trusting you with my life here. Okay?" He smirks

"Okay little sister. I'll bring it back to you before you come back from work tomorrow" I smile walking toward his car.

"When's your work?" He asks as we both sit in his car.

He starts the car and pulls out on to the road.

"In the morning at 10" he frowns.

"I have to go at 8." I nod.

Noah is a police officer. He works in the same station I do. The only different is that, I only work,when they call me in, and Noah works all the time.

"It's okay. I'll walk" he shakes his head

"I'll come back and pick you up" I nod

"Noah why don't you have a girlfriend?" I ask and he sighs

"I haven't the met right girl yet. All the girls I've met, are just after my money. I want to be with someone who loves me,not my money." I smirk

"Noah's turning into a big softy" he glares at me, as he parks outside a house.

"No I'm not" I smile at the house.

"Dad does not the know the meaning of small." I get out of the car and look at our house.

It's huge.

"I call dips on the room with the balcony!" I run towards the house.

"Kara you don't even have the keys" he laughs, taking the suitcases out.

Knowing dad, he always keeps a key under a rock.

I look for a rock, and find one as Noah runs towards me.

I open the door and run upstairs as he swears  under his breath.

"Noah!" I exclaim, as he pushes me out of the way, and runs upstairs.

"That's cheating! I called dips on it first" I mumble and walk back outside to get our suitcases.

Stupid Noah, left them in the middle of the pavement.

I close the trunk of the car, after I take out all six of our suitcases.

"Let me help" someone says behind me.

I turn around to see a cute guy smiling at me.

I blush slightly and shake my head.

"No its okay." He shakes his head

"No I insist. What's a pretty girl like you doing here alone?" He asks

"She's not alone." Noah walks towards me.

"Boyfriend? I have to go" the guy walks around Noah and walks away.

Noah and I look nothing alike. He has blonde hair and hazel colour eyes, while I have brown hair and brown eyes. 

That's why the people who don't know us, mistakes Noah as my boyfriend, as he's protective over me.

"You made another guy run away from me." He raises his eyebrow at me.

"Young lady, you already have a boyfriend who I personally hate, but still. You better not turn into me" he smirks

"Shut up. I won't cheat on Max. Now let's get these inside. I need to go to sleep" he gasps.

"The house has a swimming pool as well!" He takes two suitcases inside as I laugh at him.

He comes back and takes two other suitcases, as I help him take the other two inside.

I look around the house.
It needs colour, but we can work with it yet. Everything is white or grey.

I see the white marble kitchen and smile.
Like my dad, I love cooking. And like mom, Noah can't cook but he can bake.

I walk upstairs to the first room,that has my purple suitcases outside.

I open the door and smile.

The balcony room.

"Thank you Noah" I shout and I hear him chuckle from a different room.

I walk inside, and towards the balcony. I push the curtains aside and open the french doors.

I stand on the balcony looking outside. Our neighbourhood is fairly quiet.

It's all huge houses, with perfect lawns. Do they have kids?

"Kara, I'm ordering pizza. Do you want any?" Noah walks out on to the balcony next to me.

"Yeah. Just margherita." He nods looking outside.

"Dad said this is a good place. Carrington doesn't have many robberies, especially this part of the town. There's a lot of fights though. That's why dad was scared of us coming here. You have your guns right?" I nod as he smiles.

"Keep one under your pillow, and one in the bathroom. I'll keep one in the kitchen drawers,  and one in the living room. I'll also leave one outside, under a few bushes, just in case." I nod smiling at him.

"Don't worry about it Noah. Nothing bad is going to happen" he nods staring outside.

"I know. But just in case. There's a lot of people in this town that we have no idea about Kara. We just have to be careful"  he mumbles staring outside while leaning on the balcony.

"Okay. Tomorrow after work can we go shopping for this place? I was thinking we get a couple of chairs for the balcony and the garden. And how about a pop of colour for the other rooms?" He nods standing up, and looking down at me.

"Okay, but after work. Now I'm going to order pizza and you're going to go to sleep like a good girl. You have work in the morning" I groan

"I already have a dad Noah." He chuckles walking out of the room.

I look outside, to see lights being turned off in the houses opposite us.

They have time schedules as well.

First day and I think I'm going to be okay.
One day everyone does have to move out of their parents house, right?
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○
Hey guys!

This is the first chapter!
It starts off boring, but I promise it'll get interesting.

Anyway...
My update days will be Tuesdays and Fridays.
So the next update will be on Tuesday.

Let me know what you think of this chapter by leaving a comment below.

I hope you like it!

Byee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 53K 30
Her Volkovs Series Book Two Belle and Nikolai's relationship is put to a test as Artan, the Albanian Mob Boss comes into the picture. He is obsessed...
755K 14.7K 47
(Book one of the Perfect Ace series) No one ever caught him; no one wants to cross him. Once you are in his sight, he will stop at nothing. With his...
2M 36.7K 57
Amelia has had a tough life and it all got even worse when her dad returned from his trip. He has sold her to the Perez family for money. How could...
870K 32.5K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...