The Nobodies * Original Versi...

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Sylvie lives in the woods. She takes care of a pack of wolves and they protect her. that's the de... More

Preface *Edited
Chapter One *Edited
Chapter Two *Edited
Chapter Three *Edited
Chapter Four *Edited
Chapter Five *Edited
Chapter Six *Edited
Chapter Eight *Edited
Chapter Nine {Seth's POV} *Edited
Chapter Ten *Edited
Chapter Eleven *Edited
Chapter Twelve *Edited
Chapter Thirteen. *Edited
Chapter Fourteen *Edited
Chapter Fifteen {Seth POV} *Edited
Chapter Sixteen *Edited
Chapter Seventeen *Edited
Chapter Eighteen *Edited
Chapter Nineteen {Seth's POV} *Edited
Chapter Twenty *Edited
Chapter Twenty-One *Edited
Chapter Twenty-Two {Seth's POV} *Edited
Epilogue *Edited

Chapter Seven *Edited

14K 764 46
By AmberLeeH13

 © Amber Kalkes 2014 

*Song Of The Chapter: "Natural Blues" By Moby

Picture of Sylvie's house---} 

Chapter Seven: Aftermath Of The Newman Effect.

Seth’s anger was kind of like an iceberg while I was the Titanic, completely oblivious to the danger ahead. Well, not totally oblivious. I mean I wasn’t stupid. Seth’s tense arm around my waist and deadly silence was kind of a big hint. The silence, not to my surprise, stretched on until we were both in the safe belly of Penny’s cab. Then he spoke and I almost pissed myself.

“Do you realize the amount of shit you almost got into?” he said in a low serious voice. His tone hit me like a whip. I even flinched.

“I didn’t mean---“

Seth held up a hand and cut me off. His hand then fell onto the steering wheel and I realized that not only was he in the driver's seat but he was actually going to attempt to drive Penny. Usually I would not be okay with that but he seemed kind of pissed. So I bit my lip praying she behaved.

“Sylvie.” He said, his tone a bit softer. “Newman isn’t someone to test. His father is… a very powerful man around here.”

I snorted, “Yes, he made sure to mention ‘his power’. Many times, actually.”

“Yeah, I ‘m sure he did.” Seth sneered. “Little shit never could keep his fucking mouth shut.”

“Well acquainted?”

“Unwillingly. As much land as there is Newman and I often run into each other since our land is so close together. He’s not one to follow rules, which really pisses me off.”

“Something tells me that’s a very easy feat.” I snapped, unkindly.

Seth's face instantly fell into a guilty expression. “I am sorry I didn’t come quicker.”

“It’s okay.” I mumbled looking out the window at Annie’s. “I’m just glad I had someone on my side this time, you know? Usually I’m just left to the wolves.”

I glanced at Seth to see an amused look on his face.

“Pun not intended.” I added with a sheepish smile.

To my relief he chuckled a little. “Either way, Sylvie. I’m here to protect and serve.”

“Damn.” I said snapping my fingers. “I knew you were a birthday stripper. You know, I always preferred the Fireman to the Cop.”

My intention of making him laugh succeeded. He laughed deeply and the rich sound filled the truck making me melt a little. Which was a little embarrassing but I pushed that feeling away. I made him laugh and I should enjoy that. So I did.

“I quit that job before I met you. Didn’t want you jealous and all that.”

I sighed dramatically. “Well thank you for sparing me such a hardship.”

He chuckled as he started her up and began pulling away from the curb. I guess I wasn't going to be getting my flower today after all.

Eventually we settled into a comfortable silence and I let a mental sigh of relief out. At least I had the ability to turn his anger around. Being around that kind of energy was a major buzz kill on all cylinders. Besides, I didn’t do well with major emotions. Rage and depression were the most for me to handle. Being placidly numb was a nice calming place for me. Of course with Seth around I was going to rework this. He made me feel…everything. Misery, bliss, anger, and even dare I say, contentment. Fuck, it had only been two days of being with him and two days pining for him and here I was absorbed in his effect on me.

Someone needed to give me some Lithium or something because I was going off the deep end. I mean who does this?

Apparently you.

Again, with the snide voice in my head.

“You seem deep in thought.” Seth observed suddenly.

I made a non-committal grunt.

“Care to share?”

No.

“Sylvie.” Seth sighed. “You can share anything with me. I’m your mate.”

“You say that like it washes everything away.” I commented with a mumble.

Seth considered this for a second. “It kind of should.”

“Explain.”

“Being mates is being a full puzzle. Two pieces making a whole being, if you will. I can trust you completely and I hope you can trust me. Nothing is hidden from each other because there is nothing we would find unappealing. You understand?”

I frowned. “That is a lot to expect from me, Seth.”

Now it was his turn to counter with, “Explain.”

“Shit, Seth, I can’t even trust myself. How do you expect me to spill the beans on every thought that I have. Especially pertaining to you. I do have things I have to keep to myself. If I didn’t I would be…. well not me. I would just be…well I don’t know…but it’s just a weird concept. I didn’t grow up in this world.”

Seth was listening to me as I spoke. I noticed he was frowning in concentration when I finished. I relieved to see his posture was fairly relaxed. At least he wasn’t pissed or depressed about it. The thought made my gut tighten in discomfort. I didn’t like those emotions on him at all.

“I can understand that.”

“Your very understanding.”

“I have to be, Sylvie. I’m your mate. I care about you.”

Instead of that lifting my heart it almost filled me with dread. Did he really care about me? He did a lot of things that showed me that he could but it was an odd feeling. Being cared about on this level was not normal for me. I cared for Seth too but that was easier to adjust to. Caring for him was easy. Sweet, good-looking, and protective. All things I looked for in a male object of romantic affection.

“I care about you too.” I almost whispered after a minute.

I peeked through my lashes at Seth to see him grinning at me. Perfect straight teeth, a wee bit pointy that had been hidden behind his soft lips crept into my sight. I wanted to feel them bite my lip. Quickly I banished the thought slightly embarrassed. Soul mate or not I didn’t want to be wanton. Little tastes to satisfy the beast. His wolf and my slutty cannibal that yearned to bite his lip back.

I rested my head back against my seat. This was going to be a long day. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Seeing Red By J. Macintyre

Mystery / Thriller

27 2 14
The sequel to Pack of Wolves One year ago, Scarlet Reithaube barely managed to escape from a camp full of werewolves that tried to devour her and the...
2K 135 31
Audrey just wants to be left alone to work on cars with her dad. She definitely doesn't want to be around the pack of werewolves that just moved into...
10.2K 233 26
Elsa is abused by her family, the Black Sun pack, and she doesn't know why. Finally, she sees her one chance at escape and takes it. Now on the run f...
1.9M 95K 78
(𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞🔞) Three mates. One destiny. A world on the brink of destruction. At 27, Riley thought she knew who she w...