The Way I Feel About You

By GwenniePoo

Ever since middle school, Edwin Jameson and Stephanie Wright always seemed to be more than friends. On the da... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
An Author's Late Note
2016 Update

Chapter 1

11.5K 219 120
By GwenniePoo

© Copyright - All rights reserved 2016 GwenniePoo - G. McCoy

A/N: So this is my first story.... Ever on Wattpad! Hope you like it! I know this gets annoying, but please comment and tell me if it's so far good :) The book trailer I created is on the right-side. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks, 

Gwennie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ring, Ring!" My phone goes off while I'm finally about to comfortably, lie in my bed. I knew I should have turned it off... I turn to the clock on my dresser and it's almost 12:30 am. I glance at the phone annoyingly and realize my best friend, Brianne is calling. I wonder what she wants this late of night.

Sluggishly lifting myself up, I regret even taking this call. "Whaaat?" I say as my eyes drooping to close.

"Oh. My. Gosh! Stephanie, you're not going to believe this!" She is practically screaming through the phone.

"This better be good or you're dead." I say sarcastically, hoping it would be.

"Guess who's coming to our school!"

"....Who?"

"Edwin Jameson!"

Brianne and I have been best friends ever since 4th grade. This guy that she speaks of, Edwin Jameson, and I were best friends way back in 5th grade... I secretly had the hugest crush on him and never told anyone but Brianne. And then, only two years later he up and left. I never got to tell him how I felt about him. 

"...... Brianne?" I say almost getting angry for telling me something that wasn't on my death wish list. Did she really have to tell me this at 12:30, right when I'm about to lay in my comfy bed? For crying out loud. "You called me this late at night to tell me this because ....?"

"Didn't you like him in 7th grade?" She asks.

"No!" I yell wondering why I'm still on this phone.

"... Yes you did! You guys always talked up until 7th grade! What happened with that by the way? I thought you guys still talked after he moved away?"

"Ye-e-e-sh, Brianne! This couldn't wait till the morning?"

"Nah, you know I-" she says annoyingly.

I don't hear the rest of her chatting because I hang up on her. I put my phone on vibrate and throw it on the counter not caring if I broke it. If Edwin really was coming to our school, I didn't want to look terrible. Not that I cared or anything, but I haven't seen him in almost three years. Three years! I wonder what he looks like. Is he cuter? Is he taller? I wonder if he ever thinks about me. Wait! No I don't! I don't like him... not like that in anyway. I just hope that he'll recognize me so it wouldn't be so awkward when we saw each other...

I roll over in my bed and finally close my eyes to sleep.

The next morning I wake up to the smell of waffles and homemade candied ham. Delish! It's probably my older sister, Amy cooking like she does whenever she's off work and not at college. I get out of bed and walk into my closet thinking of something nice to wear. Not to impress Edwin, of course, but ... I don't want to look bad for this ... first impression in 3 years. I stare at the large closet for something pink. After about ten minutes I take my hot pink V-neck t-shirt, throw on my ripped jeans, and slip on my silver diamond flip-flops Amy gave to me as a present. Diamonds... well, cubic zirconia are a girl's best friend.

After finally washing up and getting dressed, I brush and straighten my hair putting one side behind my ear and a pink clip to hold it back. I look over myself a few times and I know I finally look fabulous! I skip makeup because honestly, I don't need any. Usually, on special occasions, I did the mascara and lip-gloss. For school? I never need any. After all, there's no one to impress...

I prance downstairs and find Amy eating breakfast on the couch with the plate in one hand and the remote in the other. "Your food's on the table," she manages to say with food crammed in her mouth.

"Thanks, Ame!" I shout walking into the kitchen.

I noticed two plates on the table. Whose could it be? Mom and Dad and are at work and Amy already has her plate. As I walk into the living room to ask Amy, I notice the toilet down the hall flush followed by a quick run of water and then footsteps. With a confused look on my face I stare towards that direction. A tall brunette guy walks out. Immediately, I realize it's one of my best friends, Landon Dominguez. He's been my best friend way before Brianne has- since 1st grade. We're the best of friends and always will be. When Edwin moved away I kinda needed "a shoulder to cry on". Landon was always there for me. But now I wondered why he was here... in my house... in the morning, before school...

"Stephie!" He says, pulling me into a side hug.

"Hey Lando... why are you in my house...before school?" I ask with an unpretentious smile on my face since it's still early in the morning.

"You don't want me here? Nah, Came to drive ya to school, duh" He says with his "gangsterous"- wanna-be voice and rolling his eyes.

"What? Why?"

"Well, you're always complaining how the bus is cold in the winter..." he says then smiles. "I just got so tired of your whining so-"

"Ugh!" I shout looking up at the ceiling. "Shut up!" We both laugh then walk into the kitchen. I guess the other plate in the room was for him. Landon and I were just like brother and sister. Nothing would ever come between us.

After Landon finishes gorging all the food down his throat, he finally speaks looking up. "You ready to get to school?" He asks.

"Yeah, let's go."

After yelling goodbye to Amy, I grab my backpack and we walk outside to Landon's red Chevy Camaro. "I just adore your car, Lando." I say walking to the other side of the car and running my hand along the front side of it.

"Thanks, Steph. It's my baby." He gets into the car and purrs it right up.

By time we arrive at school, the school lot is full and we head in. "Oh! Thanks for the ride, Lando!" I added before I was to forget.

"No problem, Steph. Have fun at school." He jokingly says smiling. Immediately he gets swarmed by girls. Something else about Landon: Ever since high school, he's been pretty popular, meaning us barley having time to hang out anymore.

As soon as I walk to my locker, Brianna comes up all smiles. "Ahhh! Man do I have something to tell you!" She says through her teeth. I narrow my eyes at her.

"We still have our convo to talk about from last night, Brianne!"

"Well, I have something more important to tell you!" Her eyes lit up while she jumped up and down, waving her hands by her side.

"I think it can wait. So-"

"Stepho, I've REALLY gotta tell you something!" Suddenly, the bell rings for classes to start."Ugh! I guess I'll just tell you during lunch!" She yells while running to her class. When I enter the room, I find the only available seat in the back of the classroom. Typical, since the class was a pretty full class.

Sitting in third period, being bored to death by Mr. Patino, the bell finally rings, meaning it was time for lunch. Finally, FOOD! Even though the lunches were typically yucky, I was hungry for something! I always wondered why I never gain weight? I usually eat all the time yet, I gain nothing. I decide to wait for Brianne at her locker only to find her not there. I guess I wouldn't mind waiting for a couple of minutes.

*

After waiting for 15 minutes, I realized she probably won't come... Maybe she just forgot. I slowly walk to the cafeteria alone and notice Landon ahead of me, walking toward the same place too.

"Landon!" I shout in a whisper voice, trying not to disturb the other classes around me.

"Skipping Lunch, eh?" He says stopping and waiting for me.

"I was waiting for Brianne but, she never came. I wonder where she ran off to."

"I haven't seen her all day."

"Please eat lunch with me?" I say making a pouty face at him and giving him my saddest puppy dog eyes. He CANNOT say no to this. It always has and always will work.

"Well..." He says hesitantly. "- What about Kristen and Macie?" he continues. I can semi-understand why Landon cannot eat lunch with me for a couple of reasons: He's pretty popular here and I can understand he wants to have lunch with his other good ol' pals.

Anyway, Kristen and Macie were some of my other friends. I met them freshmen year, meaning we've only been friends for almost two years. Sadly, this year, we- all three of us- had no classes together, although we talk from time to time via texting and calling. We've all only hung out a few times, including Brianne. Thinking about it, I should probably plan an outing before my sweet 16th birthday party, which is in two months.

"They both skipped to go shopping..." Dumb, I know... Ever since student council started hanging up posters for the Winter Formal, Kristen and Macie haven't stopped talking about what they wanted to wear and blah blah blah.

"Sure." He says finally. "I was supposed to show around the new kid in my grade-"

"New kid?" I interrupt.

"Yeah. He's on varsity football with me. Coach said he was that good of a junior to play on varsity-'' I didn't conteiue to listen to the rest of what he says because I began to get lost in my thoughts. New kid. New kid. New kid. I remember Brianne saying something about a new student coming to our school but who?

Crap.

Of course... The reason I wore all this pink. I start laughing to myself.

"Well, do you?" Landon says interrupting my thoughts.

"Do I what?" I look at him confused.

"Have a Winter Formal date yet?"

"Nah, no one asked."

"Well my cousin still wanted to hang out with you-" He said, a playful smirk growing on his lips.

"Landon!" I yell. "Your cousin dumped soda all over my brand new jacket last time we hung out."

"It was a joke!" We both laugh and sit at an empty lunch table.

"I still think he was a jerk for doing it!" I yell still laughing.

"Man, we have the best times don't we?"

"Oh yeah, just not with your jerk cousin!" I giggle.

"Ha-ha! But, hey, not too much, he's still growing up."

"Landon, he's 18. He's a grown man!"

"Exactly!" We continued to laugh, thinking of the stupid past.

Landon's cousin, Zach, was a typical jerk and one of the star football players at our school. He was one of those arrogant guys who, unlike Landon, asked out a girl for one reason and one reason only... After he once tried to hit on me at a party, I just tried to laugh it off and, in a nice way, turned him down. Of course, he continued to flirt with me and again I nicely turned him down. At the end of the party, he confronted me and said Landon tried to hook us up together because, and I quote, "-some stupid guy broke your heart and trust me, babe, I have the recipe to mend it." Then, trying to kiss me, spilled 'soda' all over my new Juicy Couture, pink dress. And, trust me, that dress was no where near cheap. I will never forget that.

I continue to just laugh at myself.

I look at the clock and we have 10 minutes left of lunch. "So...did Brianne tell you 'some news'?" He raised his brows and folded his arms over his chest.

"Some news? About what?" I push my eyebrows together in curiosity and meet his eyes.

"Apparently not..." he stops...then continues. " You know who the new kid is, r-'' Landon gets interrupted by a familiar guy's voice. But this voice sounds deeper than the last time I heard it. Who could it be?

"Stephanie?" The guy's voice says behind me. I turn around looking up from my chair I look into the guy's familiar brown eyes. Where the heck have I seen these brown eyes? I can't place it, but it's coming to me.

Of course... This is what Brianne was trying to tell me. Stupid me should've listened, then I would've been better prepared for what was in the back of my mind all morning.

Edwin.

----------------------

A/N: Yay! So first chapter! Comment on it if it is a great chapter! Next one will be better:)

<3 GwenniePoo:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 1.3K 39
Rebecca has just started at her new job, TEI. She meets new people and learns new things. She even meets a dreamy man along the way, but... She has b...
171K 3.5K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...
55K 1.1K 44
(16+)After many years apart, the two unexpectedly reunite. Unfortunately, Boyfriend's heart is already taken. Will Boyfriend and Pico ever feel the...
94 9 9
After having a hard time at her local high school Hazel Kingston starts fresh at Green Meadows Academy. There she meets new people that soon turns in...