🌸 Different Yet The Same 🌸

By day2dreamer

Once the war ended, Kakashi was made hokage, Naruto was automatically ranked jounin and Sasuke had already le... More

CH. 1: Sakura Haruno
CH. 2: Off Duty
CH. 3: Masumi
Ch. 4: Sasuke's Comeback
APOLOGIES
CH. 6: My ANBU team
Ch. 7: Interrogation
CH. 8: Strangers...
NEED YOUR HELP
CH. 9: Each One's Emotions:
CH. 10: Umezawa Taku
Ch. 11: Gomen...
Ch. 12: Nightmare
Ch. 13: Revelations
Ch. 14: Feels

Ch. 5 : Mission on the borders:

1.3K 47 1
By day2dreamer

Sasuke and I walked out of Kakashi's office and I turned around to face him.

"Do you have somewhere to stay?" I asked, looking at him straight in the eyes and he answered shortly:
"I'll find an inn."

I turned around and started walking while I said:
"Don't. You can stay at my place until you settle in. That is if you're staying long enough."

"You don't have to." I could hear his footsteps behind me as we walked down the stairs.

"It's alright. We're leaving for the mission together anyway."

I have to say, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel now that Sasuke's back but things have surely changed.

I'm angry at him.. pissed.. I hate him so much I would love to beat him to a pulp, right here and now.

But...

We used to be teammates... And teammates stand up for each other. Even if I didn't like to talk to him at all, I will still treat him like I treat Naruto or Kakashi.

The walk to my apartment was long and silent and it had gotten very cold before rain started pouring down. The weather at konoha was always so perfect, nights like these were rare to have.

I can't remember the last time it rained in here...

When we were finally there, I quickly unlocked my door and we stepped in, both dripping. I switched the lights on and hurried to take my jacket and boots off.

Sasuke did the same to his cloak and ninja sandals.

I hurried to my room before I came back with towels, throwing one to him and he caught it with his single hand as I dropped mine on my head, rubbing it through my hair. I looked up at Sasuke and it was the first time I actually took in his appearance.

He was taller, at least a head taller than me. His hair was longer and reached his chin, still a bit spiky at the back but not as much, and he pushed it a little to the side, letting it slightly fall over his left eye, his rinnengan. With the navy cloak he had off, he only wore a black sweater and pants. He didn't have his hitae ate on, because he was travelling and didn't want to be recognised as leaf ninja I hoped..

"I'm going to change. The bathroom is right over there if you wanted to wash up." I pointed. I'll be making dinner right away so... make yourself at home."

I walked to my bedroom and went back out in no longer than five minutes dressed in a warm forest green sweater and black sweats.

When I found the Uchiha, he was standing by the coffee table, a small paper in hand.

Shishou's medical book was open and I realized what he was looking at... Our old photo..

After a second, he put it back down and looked up at me.

"I found some of Naruto's clothes if you want to change. Yours are still soaked. You can just leave them in the bathroom and I'll take care of them"

I handed the items to him and he nodded in what I assumed was gratitude before leaving for the bathroom.

He still spoke so little I had to guess what every gesture of his meant.

I put the photo back in the same book and closed it, setting it on the shelf where many of my books sat, before I went into the kitchen to make some dinner for the both of us..

In fifteen minutes we were sitting at my dining table, having some dinner, which wasn't much. I only made some miso soup, onigiri and some salad. Neither of us seemed to have much appetite for supper anyway.

The silence was getting too heavy and I looked up from my bowl and a small laugh left my lips, catching his attention.

"What?" He asked and shook my head and looked back down.

"Nothing... It's just that.." I started unsurely. I didn't realise you were so much bigger than Naruto. His clothes barely fit you and they were always loose when he wore them... I shouldn'tbe surprised; a lot has changed..
He came here a lot, he stayed over most of the time so he left a change of clothes here just in case. He stopped coming that often since he and Hinata became a thing, though. I guess  it's only right." I looked back up at him and he had stopped eating.

He wasn't looking straight at me (which I'm thankful for) but he was listening.

I realised I was sounding pathetic so I stood from my seat and took my dishes to the sink. He did the same and started washing them.

"I'll take care of those later. Don't bother."

He just shook his head so I let him do as he wished. I went to my bedroom and came back with a bunch of books and files that I sat on the dining table before settling down. Sasuke was done by then.

"You can take the bedroom if you wished to. There's only one but I'm not going to bed anytime soon if at all so help yourself " I explained as I started organizing my files into piles.

"Hn. The couch should be just fine." I heard him speak as he sat on it.

I pushed my chair back and stood back up, skipping to my room and getting right back, this time, a blanket in hand. I handed it to him.

"It'll be a cold night."

He grabbed it and I went straight back to work.

I had so much paper work from the hospital sent to me since I wasn't at work and I had to take care of it.

And so I spent the next hours face buried in papers, books and scattered notes. At first I could feel Sasuke's stare on my back and I only heard his breath evening -indicating he was finally asleep- hours later.

As night had reached its end, I was finally done with work. I stood from my seat and stretched my arms and back feeling unsurprisingly numb.

When I turned around, I almost shrieked as I saw my ex-teammate sleeping on my couch, completely forgetting all about him.

I also remembered the mission we had so I decided to get ready before it was time.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

An hour later, the sun was already almost up and I went back to my livingroom, my hand grabbing a towel with which I dried my aftershower wet hair.

I stood in front of the Uchiha before reaching out and shaking his shoulder gently.

He woke right up, eyes slowly openning.

"Get ready. It's time for our mission." I spoke as I started walking away to get dressed. I put your clothes are in the bathroom"

From the corner of my eyes I saw him nod as he stood up and tidied his long hair. He was obviously still tired.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

In the matter of minutes, we were heading toward the village gate to meet the rest of the team.

I was in my ANBU attire, sleeveless turtleneck black shirt beneath the grayish white ANBU vest, black shorts and black knee length boots. My hair was in a tight ponytail and my cat mask was covering my face.

Once we were there, I spotted the two figures standing just outside. Both had almost the same outfit as mine (except they wore pants) and different masks. One of them was a redhead, the other was a brunette with hair in a short ponytail and bangs falling loose.

I approached them with Sasuke by my side.

"Sakura-sensei" they both greeted and I nodded in acknowledgment.

"Alright. Our mission is simple. There has been unidentified shinobi around leaf territory and attacks have been reported. What we have to do is find any clue of who it is and catch one of them for interrogation if possible. Once we know who it is, I'll see what to be done."

"Hai." They both said before the brunette spoke "I'd say we split in two teams, sensei. A group of four would likely get attention."

"Fine. Then it'll be Sasuke and I. You two work best together." I answered. Report anything out of the usual."

The two nodded once more before heading out, disappearing into the thick trees. We did just the same.

I didn't usually do border duties, but shinobi getting attacked was no matter I would reluctantly leave for someone else to take care of.

And besides, my two boys and I knew these woods like the back of our hands. We were best for this mission.

The sun was getting higher in the sky and light peeked through the branches of trees as we leaped from one to another noiselessly, eyes searching for anything out of the ordinary but there was nothing.

Two hours later, I was starting to lose my patience when I heard a voice through my earpiece.

"We found someone suspicious. We're tailing him. We're just a little to the west from you two, not far."

"Don't let him leave your sight. We'll be right there."

Sasuke gave me a questioning look and I pointed west.

We both wasted no time getting there. In the matter of minutes, the man came into sight. I could see the other two on a high branch and the redhead gave a curt nod.

I jumped down from my position, landing right in front of him and he jumped back in fright.

"State your purpose." I ordered, my voice deep and dark.

"W-what?"

"You're in konoha gakure territory. State your purpos and who you are." I repeated and he tried to form hand signs.
He turned white as a ghost, though, when a hand gripped his shoulder and he saw Sasuke, staring at him with the rinnengan.

"You might want to answer." I spoke again, walking closer to him when the look on his face changed from frightened to something like determined.

One of my teammates yelled from his position on the tree.

"SENSEI! STEP BACK!!"

My eyes widened and both the Uchiha and I jumped away, followed by the blast of an explosion.

When we looked back there was nothing but blood and ashes all over the place.

The two jumped down next to us and the red head said incredulously:

"He blew himself up.."

"Let's get away from here. We should take a break." I said walking away and everyone followed.

We reached a clearing we used to train at in the middle of the woods and I took my mask off, sitting down on the grass, back against a tree trunk.

I was starting to hope we would finish this mission quickly. I was worried someone else would be getting hurt if this isn't solved soon...

I should work on a plan while everyone rested.

This has to be over today.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Guys!... S'up?

I'm really sorry for the late update. A lot has been going on but I still managed to write a longer chapter!

I'm so supper stressed though. I'll be back to school in only a couple of days or so and I'm going to this new school and I'm gonna be the new kid which I never am since I'm always with my friends and I'm gonna be missing them all and it's gonna be so weird and I don't wanna be a loner or anything since everyone probably knows each other cause its third year of high school and I probably should spare you my shit and stop blabbering.... sorry... I do that when I'm over thinking something which I currently am...

Any way, wanna say Aid Mubarak to all you Muslims who are selebrating Aid Al Idha 🐏  💙💜  just like me ⬅

I hope you liked this chapter and plzzzzz leave a comment or/and press that little ☆ button as well because it'll make me happy 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.9K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
166K 8.1K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
80K 5.6K 25
Story starts from current track....where everyone blames Abhira for not telling Chaaru's affairs to them .... Then everyone scolded her including arm...