DEATH BATTLE

By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... More

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya

1K 5 14
By NathanTheManTheMHFan

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BlazBlue vs. Arcana Heart! It's anime game fight time! Will Kamui cash in on Ragna's bounty, or will the Bloodedge reap the Arcana Maiden's soul?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: The anime fighting game. This genre has spawned beautiful fights and interesting characters...

Boomstick: But hey, if you're an anime fighting game character and you can wreck someone's soul, that makes you twice as interesting! Like Ragna, the Bloodedge.

Wiz: And Kamui Tokinomiya, the Thousand Years Protector.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE

Wiz: Nearly a hundred years ago, a fearsome Black Beast decimated half of humankind. Fortunately, six brave heroes were able to defeat the monster and save humanity's remnants. What remained of the world fell under the hands of an oppressive regime...

Boomstick: Until a dude with ridiculous hair and many belts decided to rise up. Enter Ragna the Bloodedge. Daa daa daa daa daaaaaaaaa!

Wiz: In his childhood, Ragna and his two younger siblings were confined in a laboratory as, well...lab rats. Fortunately, they were rescued by this talking cat ninja...thing...

Boomstick: ...who just happens to be the most feared warrior in the world! Buuuut Ragna's sister Saya got sick and Ragna decided to take care of her from then on. Then his brother Jin grew jealous and was like, "Hey, you know what'd make my brother spend more time with me? By murdering the sh*t out of him!"

Wiz: Assisted by one Yuki Terumi, Jin impaled Ragna through the chest, and chopped off his right arm for good measure. As to why and how this happened...no one knows.

Boomstick: Buuuut because HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER, FOR GOD'S SAKES, Ragna didn't die. He was saved by this vampire girl who gave him a new arm. As to why and how this happened...no one knows.

Wiz: This new arm is actually the Azure Grimoire, a piece of the Black Beast which allows Ragna to manipulate seithr, a form of energy left behind by the Black Beast and scattered around the world.

Boomstick: This is sounding suspiciously like Soul Edge.

Wiz: Except...it's not.

Boomstick: But it's kinda like Soul Edge when you think about it. I mean, come on. Evil demon? Shards scattered around the globe?

Wiz: Well...sure.

Boomstick: Well, after missing out on the savage maiming of Ragna, Jubei the talking cat decided to come back to train Ragna in the art of combat. But as to where he was beforehand and why...no one knows.

Wiz: During the course of his training, Ragna mastered his control over seithr, which was practically unmatched. With it he can form razor-sharp claws, form parts of the Black Beast, and whittle away at his opponent's soul. In addition, Ragna's Drive, Soul Eater, allows him to gain sustenance from the souls he drains. Basically like a vampire, but with souls.

Boomstick: Jubei also gave Ragna a red cloak and a huge-ass sword called the Blood Scythe. Oh, and before you point out that it's a sword and not a scythe...it can turn into a scythe.

Wiz: The Blood Scythe can extend for stabbing, and slowly drain the opponent's soul. While in scythe mode, this blade can use seithr to increase the power of its blows.

Boomstick: But when Ragna needs to crank up his power, defense, and probably soul-sucking, he taps into his Overdrive, the Blood Kain IDEA. And when he wants to show you his true power, he busts out his ultimate attack: the Black Onslaught, where he transforms his sword into a scythe and straight-up murders his opponent with a dark, fast and powerful onslaught!

Wiz: With his skills, Ragna set out to stamp out the oppressive government, and it was at that point he garnered the nickname "Grim Reaper".

Boomstick: His bounty rose to 90 billion...whatever their currency is, but despite this, Ragna still walks around in public, with his appearance just screaming out, "Hey, I'm Ragna, the murderer of the government!"

Wiz: Besides gaining a large bounty, Ragna has accomplished some impressive feats. He's tough enough to laugh off an impalement through the chest, shrugs off getting smashed against concrete walls, leveled an entire street with a single sword swing, and once decimated hundreds of soldiers at once without the Azure Grimoire at all.

Boomstick: Hell, Ragna's even defeated a giant anti-Black Beast weapon known as the Take-Mikazuchi. And if that's not enough, he managed to defeat Hakumen, who was one of the six heroes!

Wiz: But despite his impressive record leading many to claim he's the most powerful man in the world, Ragna is often hot-headed and brash, leading him to sometimes leave sloppy openings in battle.

Boomstick: And despite being under the tutelage of the deadliest ninja kitty in the world, Ragna's nowhere near as strong as Jubei, and Ragna sometimes loses to foes who're afraid of Jubei's power.

Wiz: With all of this, Jubei left Ragna with a dire warning: never think of the Azure Grimoire as your own.

Boomstick: What? That's bullsh*t! I mean, it's attached to Ragna, for God's sakes! Kinda like my shotgun leg.

Wiz: Do you even own that?

*flashback of Boomstick stealing a shotgun and shooting everyone in the gun shop*

Boomstick: Well...um...YEAH! Well, do YOU own that arm?!

*flashback of Wiz ripping out a robot arm and vaporizing the robot with its own laser cannon*

Wiz: Um...YEAH! Anyway, moving on...despite having great control over Azure Grimoire, once Ragna loses control, he becomes the dreaded Black Beast that had wiped out half of humanity. In fact, Ragna was the original Black Beast, sent back in time after falling into a magic cauldron. But Ragna and the Black Beast somehow separated and did battle, and these events would repeat themselves in a 100-year timeloop until Ragna was saved by some chick from falling into the cauldron, and the battle never happened.

Boomstick: But wait...if Ragna didn't fall into the Cauldron, and the Black Beast never went back in time, that means there would be no seithr, and the events of BlazBlue would never have happened. So how did...

Wiz: Don't break canon, don't break canon!!

Boomstick: Come on! Ragna's raring to fight already!

Ragna: I'll show you...the power of the Azure! I'll show you fear. There is no Hell, only nothingness. This is the power of darkness.

RAGNA:

Age:

Height:

Weight:

Weapons and Powers:

• Azure Grimoire

- Seithr

• Blood Scythe

• Blood Kain IDEA

• Superhuman strength and durability

• Accelerated healing factor

Feats:

• Shrugged off impalement multiple times

• Defeated Hakumen

• Defeated Take-Mikazuchi

• Obliterated an entire street with a single sword swing

• Defeated hundreds of soldiers without Azure Grimoire

• Foul mouth can give Macklemore a run for his money

Weaknesses:

• Brash and aggressive

• Short-tempered

• Becomes the Black Beast once he loses control of Azure Grimoire

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KAMUI TOKINOMIYA

Wiz: Nearly a millenium ago, in a world different from our own, there existed Legendary Arcana Maidens. They fought for the greater good, and eventually they repulsed evil...

Boomstick: Buuuut at the cost of the old Arcana Maidens. All of them.

Wiz: However, one survived and continues to live on among us. If chaos strikes the world once more, the new Arcana Maidens will need the assistance of this particular Legendary Maiden.

Boomstick: Garbed in a high school girl's uniform and possessing a powerful sword, this Arcana Maiden is known by the name of...Kamui Tokino...um...whatever her last name is! *tries to imitate the Spider-Man theme* Kamui, Kamui, murders girls like a Kamui--

Wiz: NO! *clears throat* Kamui Tokinomiya is the Thousand Years Protector, and has been a great ally to the new Arcana Maidens, which the main character...Heart...is a member of.

Boomstick: Being an ancient Time Lord in high school, Kamui wields the soul-sucking katana of destruction, the Soul-Sucking Katana of Destruction!

Wiz: You mean the Tamayorihime.

Boomstick: The Tamayo--whatnow?

Wiz: The legendary Tamayorihime can cut through a person's soul, leaving nothing but a hollow body.

Boomstick: Kinda like Frostmourne; but in an actual Arcana fight, Tamayori...whatever that sword's name is just deals damage like a normal weapon because fighting game logic. But we're not using that, are we?

Wiz: Using her katana, Kamui utilizes the iaijutsu fighting style, making her an absolute danger in the battlefield. Her fighting style is calm and controlled, but surprisingly fast and incredibly anime-flashy.

Boomstick: Besides anime-flashy sword combos and counters, Kamui's got some incredibly dangerous skills. She can shoot projectiles like nobody's business, and even beef up her striking power with Kunugi. She can even do sh*t like this!

A clip of Sephiroth impaling Aerith is shown, but Kamui's face is edited into Sephiroth's.

Boomstick: Yeah, you saw it right. She can do a knockoff of that infamous impalement in Final Fantasy VII.

Wiz: Aaaand this.

A clip of Sephiroth using Oblivion is shown, but Kamui's face is edited into Sephiroth's, and the multiple slashes are edited out.

Boomstick: Besides doing knockoff moves from Sephiroth, Kamui's got an ultimate move--don't worry, this is original--the Shimatsuri!

Wiz: Wait, did you just say Shimatsuri was original?

A clip of Vergil using Judgement Cut End is shown, but Kamui's face is edited into Vergil's.

Boomstick: Well...it can obliterate souls!

Wiz: ...I rest my case. Apparently, Shimatsuri is so powerful, it has the potential to just straight-up one-shot Kamui's opponent.

Boomstick: But there's a reason why this game's called Arcana Heart. Kamui's got an Arcana! It's called...the Mahapadma.

Wiz: Actually, Boomstick, it's Anutpada.

Boomstick: ...Same thing. With this Arcana, Kamui can create a clone of herself that paralyzes her opponent in the off chance that the opponent hits the clone. Plus, said clone can attack after Kamui! She can also create a shield with this Arcana, and she can even trap her opponent in time, but what really makes this baby dangerous is the ability to outright stop time! I told you it's Mahapadma!

Wiz: Sure, why not? With her millennium's worth of fighting experience, Kamui's one battle-hardened b*tch. While she looks sixteen, she's stopped her own aging somehow, and, as mentioned before, has lived a millennium.

Boomstick: But that still PALES in comparison to Detective Conan. *flashes a Detective Conan meme saying 'B*tch please', then flashes a Forever Alone figure with Kamui's hair* Besides, Kamui hasn't really accomplished any...feat-worthy feats, except for, you know, the least important task ever...which is STOPPING AN ULTIMATE WEAPON!

Wiz: While she's one of the most powerful Arcana Maidens ever, Kamui has her flaws. As mentioned before, Kamui hasn't accomplished any real feats except for defeating the foes in her storyline in the games, making her win record a little bit...lackluster.

Boomstick: And being a fighting game character, Kamui can take a good beating, but too much punishment can kill her just as easily as any other Arcana Heart character.

Wiz: Kamui also refuses to fight dirty, and her code of honor may cost her in some battles. Plus, she takes pity on her opponents...but when you attempt to harass her friend Konoha, prepare to die.

Boomstick: But, a thousand-year old nigh-unbeatable high-school girl with a soul-sucking katana? Now there's a new person in my 'waifubait girls to never cross' list.

Kamui unleashes Shimatsuri, dicing Weiss.

Announcer: BREAK DOWN!

KAMUI:

Age: 16 (physically), over 1000 (chronologically)

Height:

Weight:

Weapons and Powers:

• Tamayorihime - can cut through souls

• Arcana: Anutpada

• Critical Heart: Shi Matsuri

• Anime-flashy speed and durability

• Manipulation of time

Feats:

• No real legit feats, save for stopping Ragnarok and beating all of her opponents in her storyline

Weaknesses:

• Strict code of honor

• Not exactly a tank

*~*~*~*

Announcement

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all! We have Ragna the Bloodedge, the Grim Reaper; and Kamui Tokinomiya, the last of the Legendary Arcana Maidens.

Boomstick: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

(Setting: Random urban city with some suburbs, Night)

A certain dog girl, after a fit of prowling the street, had come across a wanted poster of sorts. She reared back, surprised at the large bounty on the head of the man in the wanted poster--90 billion...some unknown currency. She ran back towards a girl with green locks and a high school uniform, a katana sheathed at the girl's side. Upon reaching her friend, the dog girl huffed, "Kamui...you've gotta check this one out!"

Grabbing Kamui by the arm, the dog girl dashed back towards the wanted poster on the wall of a certain house, Kamui saying, "What's this about, Konoha?" as the dog girl dragged her across the street. Konoha stopped, pointing tiredly towards the wanted poster, which read, "Wanted, Dead or Alive: RAGNA". The man with the bounty seemed to have silver hair and donned a red cloak. Kamui was nearly taken aback by the absurdly large bounty on Ragna's head, but stroked her chin in thought, uttering, "A man with a bounty this large could be dangerous..."

As if on cue, a man in a red cloak with a large sword strapped to his backside leapt from the roof of a house and landed right behind Kamui, wearing a smug smirk as he straightened himself. His eyes slightly widened upon sighting Kamui still gazing at the wanted poster. "Boy oh boy," sighed Ragna, "do I have this many fans?"

Kamui's ears perked at this, and she quickly drew her katana and rushed Ragna, the reaper freeing his large sword at the last second and defending against the blow. Ragna pushed down, Kamui gritting her teeth in annoyance as the reaper turned to Konoha and said, "Damn, you look smokin'. Wanna go out sometime?" To this, Konoha's cheeks flushed red, and she immediately assumed a suggestive pose. Ragna's hands trembled on his sword's hilt as he muttered, "Must...resist..."

Kamui swung her blade in a wide arc, forcing Ragna back as she growled, "No!"

Ragna stood there in surrender, uttering, "Hey, I'm sorry! Your friend looks cute, though--"

Kamui responded by aiming her blade at Ragna's throat, uttering, "You just tried to hit on my friend. You, with a large bounty on your head!"

Ragna tightened his grip on his blade's hilt, replying, "Okay, bad decision. I tried to hit on your friend and you probably want to kill me." Then he smirked, and as he did so, fear shone in Kamui's eyes for a millisecond before being replaced with determination.

Ragna assumed a ready stance, holding the Blood Scythe backhand. "Bad decision on your end, sister. You just said I have a large bounty on my head."

Kamui aimed Tamayorihime at Ragna's head, declaring, "It doesn't matter, you just sexually aroused my friend."

Ragna narrowed his eyes. "Is that even a valid reason? I just tried to hit on her, I didn't try to 'sexually arouse' her! Gah! Where the hell have you been living?"

"Like I said before," interjected Kamui, "it doesn't matter. So does your sexual arousal of my friend. Besides, you have a large bounty on your head. I don't mean to cash in on it, but I just want to stamp out the threat that made that bounty possible in the first place."

"You pointed out another thing about my bounty," warned Ragna. "You're about to make a very big mistake. But I guess there's no stopping you. Don't expect me to pull any punches, sister!"

"Konoha," Kamui ordered. "Run."

As Konoha scrambled to her feet and ran, Kamui leapt back, assuming a ready stance. "You are a threat." She then rushed towards Ragna and raised her blade, the reaper reciprocating the charge.

FIGHT!

Ragna swung the Blood Scythe in a diagonal arc, Kamui effortlessly parrying the blow and sailing in with a graceful assault of her own. Ragna took a step back, having been forced on the defensive, and gnashing his teeth, he swung the Blood Scythe in a sudden, violent diagonal arc, Kamui blown back as the Tamayorihime nearly slipped from her grasp. Ragna continued his unrelenting assault, striking out with devastating backhanded strikes, and as Kamui was driven towards the wall of a house, she gritted her teeth, rolling aside at the last second as the Blood Scythe careened over her head and ripped a large gash on the house's wall. An old man peered over the crack from inside the house in terror, then he turned towards the dueling Ragna and Kamui, interrupting them by throwing a newspaper over their heads. "KEEP IT DOWN, YA LITTLE DELINQUENTS!"

Ragna and Kamui stopped dueling for a while, turning towards the old man and laughing sheepishly. Kamui then leapt towards the roof of the house, waving her hand and firing off a battery of energy balls, and Ragna followed after, swatting away the blasts with the Blood Scythe and ignoring the old man's panicked plea of "No, don't go over the--"

The house trembled, interrupting the old man from finishing his sentence, and as it stopped shaking, the man uttered, "Damned kids."

On the roof, Ragna leapt back to avoid a forehand swing from Kamui, the Tamayorihime missing one of his belts by a narrow margin. Ragna swiftly brought the Blood Scythe down, the blade glancing off the Tamayorihime, and then redoubled his attack, Kamui finally falling to her knees but still maintaining an iron grip on the Tamayorihime's hilt. Kamui, however, was quick to roll to the side when Ragna brought his blade down, and then grabbed the back of Ragna's head and drove it into the roof, yelling, "Predictable!"

Kamui then rammed the Tamayorihime into Ragna's lower back, expecting the Bloodedge to be silenced forever, but nearly retreated in shock as she heard Ragna gasp in pain. Ragna recovered to his feet and freed the Tamayorihime from his body, using the sword as a lever to slam Kamui down on the roof. Kamui rose to her feet, asking, "H-How...Your soul's still intact...Why?"

Ragna flashed a cocky grin while wiping the small stream of blood that ran down his mouth, replying, "Bitch, I eat souls. I expect a lot of attacks like yours every day."

Kamui gritted her teeth, advancing as she raised her katana high overhead and swung it down on Ragna, shouting, "Then I guess I'll just swing harder!"

Ragna effortlessly blocked the blow with the Blood Scythe, freeing his right fist as seithr flowed around it, declaring, "Hell's Fang!"

Ragna sent the fist crashing against Kamui's chin, the Arcana Maiden flying far away and crashing onto the roof of an apartment building. Ragna bounded after her, his massive sword raised high overhead, and brought it down on the prone Kamui, the maiden quickly gathering Tamayorihime and absorbing the full force of the blow with it. She quickly shot her foot up, sending Ragna flopping into the air, and leapt after him, unloading a powerful swing. Ragna was barely able to defend against the blow when Kamui slashed once more, and continued her vicious combo, ending when she soared above Ragna and attempted to divebomb him. Ragna swung the Blood Scythe counter-clockwise in an attempt to catch Kamui from the air, the maiden growling as her attack was misdirected. Ragna then swung his blade once more, in an attempt to catch Kamui from the air, but the maiden disappeared without warning, Ragna gnashing his teeth as his Blood Scythe met thin air. Suddenly Kamui appeared beside him, launching a profuse amount of energy balls as she exclaimed, "Surprise, Red!"

Ragna growled, but could not stop the energy attacks peltering him mercilessly. When he had found enough presence of mind to resist the barrage, Ragna swung his blade with an enraged cry, redirecting the blasts back at Kamui. The first few Kamui was able to deflect, but she was not so fortunate when the last ones sailed in and peppered her. Ragna dove towards her, Kamui reciprocating the move, and the Tamayorihime and the Blood Scythe were caught in an absolute standstill. However, the force of Ragna's blow had sent both of them plummeting onto the near-empty highway beside the apartment, Kamui's feet cracking the ground and shattering the night calm. Ragna leapt back and landed neatly on the ground, barely noticing a speeding van headed towards him. Kamui dashed towards the Bloodedge, slicing the van in two down the middle and striking at the Blood Scythe's thick blade. Ragna retaliated by freeing his blade from the ensuing deadlock and bringing it down just as quickly, Kamui sidestepping the attack and ramming the Tamayorihime through Ragna's hips, drawing a pained gasp from the reaper. Kamui freed her blade and immediately swung it down on Ragna's neck, the reaper barely able to evade and retaliate. Kamui leapt back just as Ragna raised his blade overhead and brought it down, but her eyes widened in surprise as the Blood Scythe extended and smashed into the Tamayorihime with great force. Kamui's knees buckled as Ragna began to push down, and in one desperate move, she threw herself forward and slashed, the Tamayorihime's blade biting into Ragna's chest before the Blood Scythe descended onto her back. Ragna reeled back, driven to a lamppost as Kamui struck once more, demanding, "Nan-da? Why won't your soul yield?!"

Ragna narrowed his eyes as seithr began to flow around his arm, and the Bloodedge charged at Kamui, yelling, "Hell's Fang!"

The fist crunched against Kamui's abdomen, the maiden crying out as she was tossed across the street and smashed against a fire hydrant, breaking the hydrant in two. Ragna rushed in, his blade raised high overhead, but was unable to react as Kamui teleported once more, swinging her blade in a violent arc and meeting Ragna's arm. Ragna hissed in pain, instinctively reacting by crunching his elbow against the back of Kamui's neck, the maiden gasping as she was driven into the concrete. Quickly she rolled aside before Ragna could bring his blade down on her, and then she unloaded a roundhouse kick as she got up to her feet, tripping Ragna. Kamui then ran her katana through the side of Ragna's torso, pinning the Bloodedge to the ground as it did. Ragna's free hand flew towards the blade, ripping it free, but could not react as Kamui drove him back to the ground by slashing at him from the air. Ragna rolled aside as Kamui brought her blade down on his throat, and shot up to his feet, swinging the Blood Scythe in a massive arc. Kamui was knocked aside as she attempted to defend from the blow, but she sailed in with a combo of her own, and for a while the Bloodedge and the maiden dueled. Kamui leapt back and suddenly dashed forward, towards the sidewalk, the Tamayorihime held out far to the side, and Ragna could not register the searing pain that suddenly burned through his body. Ragna leaned on his blade for support, shooting a glance at Kamui as the maiden quipped, "Perhaps they were wrong about giving you a large bounty. You're disappointing."

Ragna fought back the pain, and then charged at Kamui, the maiden barely sidestepping Ragna's smashing attack. Ragna struck once more, but Kamui evaded all of his swings, much to his growing frustration. Just then, Kamui conjured a clone of herself, and Ragna swung the Blood Scythe clockwise, the blade meeting the clone first. The Bloodedge gaped in surprise as his muscles suddenly stopped heeding him, his fingers holding the Blood Scythe in place nonetheless. Kamui smashed the hilt of her sword against the back of Ragna's head, the immobile Bloodedge unable to move as he was driven into the concrete. With a loud scream, Ragna fought to regain control of his muscles, and kicked Kamui in the lower jaw, the maiden stumbling back as Ragna kneed her on the chin. Then Ragna struck with the Blood Scythe, too fast for the night, Kamui closing her eyes as she muttered, "Kunugi."

The Blood Scythe's massive blade met the Tamayorihime, Kamui smirking as she suddenly blitzed Ragna. The reaper was unable to react as Kamui launched him into the air and peppered him with a barrage of slashes, ending with a divebomb attack which Ragna was only very barely able to defend against. The Arcana Maiden then mercilessly followed up with a devastating horizontal slash that knocked Ragna towards the roof of a clothing store, Kamui waving her hand and letting loose a profuse amount of energy blasts. The blasts--all of them--peppered Ragna into submission, Kamui diving in and raising her blade high overhead to finish the fight. Suddenly, a pair of jaws clamped around Kamui, Ragna picking up the Blood Scythe, raising his arm, and declaring, "Restriction 666 released, Dimensional Interruption Imaginary Number Formed! BlazBlue, activate!"

Ragna launched himself forward and rammed his fist into Kamui faster than the maiden could register it, the attack launching the both of them into the nearest skyscraper. Ragna then drove Kamui towards the square below, the maiden creating a human-sized crater as she was driven into the earth. Ragna quickly brought the Blood Scythe down, Kamui quickly rolling away and creating a clone that fell almost immediately under the Blood Scythe. The distraction was enough to stop Ragna in his tracks, and while Kamui knew Ragna would break free, her stopping him would buy her enough time to catch her breath. Kamui picked up her fallen Tamayorihime, clutching her chest with her free hand as she struggled to catch her breath. Soon, Ragna was able to move, Kamui demanding, "Just what the hell can I do to stop you, you son of a bitch?!"

Ragna smirked, the smile's calm and cool appearance masking his own anger. "I've taken far worse shit than that, lady. Try harder!"

Just then, Ragna swung the Blood Scythe down with all his might, Kamui growling as the massive weapon of Ragna's forced her to the ground, even when she blocked the blow with the Tamayorihime. With a defiant yell, Kamui backflipped, her toes catching Ragna's chin, and attempted a two-handed strike, but was interrupted when Ragna slashed at her with the dark talons that had suddenly formed around his hands. Ragna lashed out with his seithr-made claws, a few actually biting into Kamui's flesh before the maiden conjured a shield of sorts to deflect the last of Ragna's claw attacks. The shield held out against Ragna's continued assault until it cracked under strain and shattered like glass, and Kamui cried out as Ragna's dark talons bore into her, drawing blood. Kamui quickly retaliated with a violent swing from the Tamayorihime, stopping Ragna in his tracks, and then held out her arm, a sudden force stiffening Ragna, and then Kamui sailed in with a violent combo, the reaper demanding as time resumed, "What the hell did you do to me?!"

Kamui simply quipped, "I just stopped you in your tracks. Now let's continue this no longer. I will end this!!!"

Kamui Tokinomiya charged for the downed Ragna, who was trying to recover to his feet. And then she slashed. And slashed. And slashed once more. Ragna was cast in deep agony, and Kamui swung the Tamayorihime at Ragna's neck as the reaper declared, "Idea Engine!"

The Azure Grimoire, Ragna's right arm, glowed in an intense white, sending Kamui flying. Ragna charged in after her, unloading a flurry of forehand and backhand slashes at the airborne Kamui, the maiden unable to react each time the Blood Scythe met her flesh. Kamui teleported away at the last second, reappearing behind Ragna and ripping along his spine with a devastating two-handed slash, forcing the Bloodedge to stop in his tracks, gasping in pain. Kamui followed up with a series of slashes that bit into Ragna's upper back, and then finished by skewering him in the abdomen from the back. Kamui freed the Tamayorihime by kicking on Ragna, the reaper collapsing on the ground on both knees and a hand. Kamui aimed the Tamayorihime at the back of Ragna's skull, declaring, "Say your final words."

Ragna struggled to his feet, picking up the fallen Blood Scythe. "Not so fucking fast," he huffed. Kamui tightened her grip on the Tamayorihime, expecting Ragna to lunge for him. The Bloodedge did so, the shock settling in on Kamui as Ragna's blow made her teeter back. Ragna struck once more, and began to furiously bash through Kamui's defense, the maiden letting out an involuntary grunt when the Blood Scythe and the Tamayorihime were caught in a deadlock. Kamui's knees bent as she fought to gain ground, the maiden shooting her foot up in desperation to free herself. It worked, and as quickly as she could, Kamui rammed the Tamayorihime through Ragna's chest, the reaper spitting out a globule of blood to the ground as he gasped in pain. Kamui freed her blade and prepared to finish the fight...

"Blood Kain!"

Kamui stopped her swing midway as she witnessed the sudden dark aura that enveloped Ragna, who had tapped into his Overdrive, the Blood Kain IDEA. The Bloodedge gave no quarter as he renewed and redoubled his assault, the maiden snarling as she attempted to counter with a swift, vicious assault of her own. Finally, Ragna broke through Kamui's assault and, declaring "Inferno Divider!", sent the Arcana Maiden flying with a single, backhanded diagonal swing of the Blood Scythe. The Bloodedge leapt after Kamui and slashed at her downwards, the maiden forced onto the cobbled path next to the park as she blocked the blow. With a declaration of "Belial Edge!" Ragna soared high into the air and divebombed Kamui, the maiden letting out an involuntary cry as she somehow blocked seven blows of the Blood Scythe. As Ragna made his way back to the ground and continued bashing away at Kamui's defense, the maiden tapped into Kunugi once more in a near-vain attempt to regain ground. In an attempt to interrupt Ragna, Kamui leapt high into the air and fired off a few projectiles, the Bloodedge forced to stop and swat away the projectiles. However, Ragna chased after Kamui almost immediately and brought his sword down on her, the maiden barely dodging the attack and retaliating with a swift, graceful slash that sliced Ragna's stomach open. Ragna winced in agony as he fell back to the ground, but retaliated with a violent swing that bit deep into Kamui's midriff, the maiden screaming in pain as she fell back-first to the ground. Ragna swiftly brought the Blood Scythe down with a backhand strike, and Kamui closed her eyes, uttering, "Anutpada."

Suddenly, everything turned gray and was immobile. Ragna, the rustling leaves, everything. Kamui had stopped time with one of her signature moves, Original Unproducedness. Clutching her bleeding midriff, Kamui slowly rose to her feet, wincing in pain as she did so. Picking up the Tamayorihime, Kamui took slow steps towards Ragna, her head inches above the Blood Scythe, hoping that her plan would work. As soon as time resumed, Kamui brought her blade up and defended against Ragna's power-blow with whatever might she had left. Then for Ragna, everything went black, the reaper demanding, "What?"

"I am Kamui..."

A flash of red.

"...and your end has come. SHIMATSURI!!!"

Slashes from all over. Ragna screamed in blinding agony as his Blood Kain IDEA ended and the Shimatsuri threatened to slice him apart, each blow filling him with more and more pain, but more and more rage. With great fury and defiance, Ragna eyed the calm Kamui. He never wished to do this, to let loose his true power, but his rage had taken over him.

"I'll--" Ragna began, but one slash struck him, casting him in agony.

Still, Ragna continued. "Show--"

Ragna screamed in inhuman pain as another dozen or so slashes peltered him, and he could see the flicker of victory in Kamui's eyes, the maiden smirking.

Summoning all of his willpower, Ragna continued. "You--"

Three more slashes. Three more times the pain. Still, he pressed on.

"THE POWER--"

Five more. Ragna was in agony that would be too unbearable for a regular person, but still, he willed himself not to succumb, even as he felt himself slipping ever closer to death. With what little strength he had, he concluded...

"OF THE AZURE!!!!!"

In a sudden, swift motion, Ragna thrust himself forward with the last vestiges of his strength, his Blood Scythe now a literal scythe, the Shimatsuri dissipating as he did. Kamui looked on at Ragna in absolute surprise and horror, and then she screamed in pain as Ragna unleashed Black Onslaught, beginning with a slash. Then another. He then followed it up with a slash. A slash. A sweep. A rip. A pierce. A hack. A slash. A tear. A slash. A rend. A slash. A slash. And a devastating finishing assault. Kamui was dead now, organs, blood, brain matter, and other bodily fluids pooling out of her mangled corpse, but Ragna wasn't finished. Converting his blade into a wash of pure dark, he leapt up, screaming in absolute wrath, "NIGHTMARE RAGE!!!!"

Darkness seemingly consumed the entire city. The Blood Scythe rematerialized, in its sword form, in the wrathful Ragna's hand, the Bloodedge feeling his power exploding outwards. A mass of seithr appeared right over Kamui's corpse. Her soul. With a roar of rage, Ragna lunged towards it, and swung at it...and Kamui was no more. And then the next thing that Ragna saw as he felt blood gush out of the wounds created by Shimatsuri...was black.

ASTRAAAAAAAAL...BREAKDOWN!

.

.

.

Weary and in pain, Ragna the Bloodedge slowly gathered himself, and was shocked at the first thing he saw: emptiness. Lines of smoke towering high up. A large crater. His assault had leveled the entire city, and Ragna was so sure it was the Black Beast's doing as well as his. Millions of innocent people who were still sleeping...all dead. Ragna felt a tiny bit of guilt seep into his heart. It was that maiden who had picked a fight with him, but it was he who had wrought destruction into this innocent city. Feeling the need to earn closure with the last Legendary Arcana Maiden, Ragna walked away and subconsciously clicked his fingers, a single wing of black seithr--what little remained of the soul of Kamui Tokinomiya--very briefly popping into existence.

"Don't say I didn't warn you."

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: That...was...overkill! I guess angst beats waifus any day!

Wiz: This was a close fight. As strong and swift as Kamui was, Ragna just...edged out...everywhere else. Sure, the Tamayorihime could slice through a person's soul and leave nothing but a hollow body, but Ragna's sheer willpower, his Azure Grimoire, and his defensive abilities from his seithr defended him against the Tamayorihime's ability.

Boomstick: And Kamui didn't really have many ways to actually kill Ragna, save for her Soul Hax sword. I mean, the dude laughs off impalements in a daily basis! Plus, while he's not invulnerable, he can take a massive amount of pain.

Wiz: And while Kamui's Tamayorihime's magical properties could harm Ragna more grievously than expected, Ragna's seithr and Blood Scythe could deal way more damage and actually whittle away at Kamui's own soul.

Boomstick: Kunugi might have bumped up the power of Kamui's special attacks, but Blood Kain IDEA was way more reliable, giving Ragna a boost to his strength, speed, and soul-sucking.

Wiz: Another advantage Ragna had was that his powers ran on separate sources, whilst many of Kamui's ran on her Arcana, Anutpada, forcing her to rely on that one source and eventually leaving her out of options much faster than Ragna.

Boomstick: Plus, it really doesn't help that Kamui's never faced down someone like Ragna. Sure, her Shimatsuri can absolutely annihilate any of her opponents in Arcana Heart, but news flash! Ragna ain't from Arcana. Besides, his willpower and pain threshold are absolutely ridiculous.

Wiz: Kamui's calm and graceful playstyle, plus her abilities with time, also proved to be her downfall. As she dodged or blocked each of Ragna's blows, all she succeeded in doing was filling Ragna with more and more frustration. And even the Shimatsuri couldn't put Ragna down for good, as he has survived or pushed through blows too akin to Kamui's Critical Heart.

Boomstick: To top this off, Kamui doesn't really have the means to defend herself against the Black Onslaught, while Ragna can just f*cking push through the Shimatsuri even if he's in too much pain already, aided by his Soul Eater drive. Hell, Kamui should consider herself lucky because Ragna didn't get to transform into the Black Beast or use his Unlimited Mode...and you know what happens when Ragna taps into THOSE, right?

Wiz: Overall, Kamui just couldn't find a way to overcome Ragna's Azure Grimoire, seithr, sheer strength, abilities, willpower, and speed.

Boomstick: Ragna's resolve and willpower sure blazed blue in this fight.

Wiz: The winner is Ragna, the Bloodedge.

Winner: RAGNA

+ TONS more strength

+ Absolutely massive pain threshold

+ Insane willpower

+ Better Soul Hax

+ Azure Grimoire and seithr defended his soul from Kamui's Soul Hax

+ Took the battle all the more seriously as the battle progressed

+ Soul Eater drive sustained him after Shimatsuri

+ Kamui's fighting style is rarely new to him, since he has defeated Hakumen, who as a near-similar fighting style

- Tamayorihime could harm him

- Rage issues prolonged the fight

- Had no defense against Kamui's time manipulation

Loser: KAMUI

+ Could harm Ragna with Tamayorihime

+ Could stop time, preventing Ragna from giving out more damage than he did

- Playstyle only delayed the inevitable

- Had no defense against Ragna's Soul Hax

- Could not really take Ragna down for good

- Playstyle just made Ragna angrier

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Next Time on Death Battle:

An adventurer with a short beard scales a rock face, shooting at the thugs below him...

VS

A woman in a sleeveless shirt blasts a Solarii with a grenade launcher.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

DBX!

No Rules!

Absolutely No Analysis!

Just Bloodshed!

The field of battle awaits...

Zenonia...

"Wait, who's GAMEVIL?"

Chael

Versus

The Legend of Zelda...

*victory cry as he tugs the Master Sword free from its pedestal*

Link

(Setting: Random castle in a forest)

A blond boy, dressed in silver armor and with a large sword sheathed to his back, traverses the cobbled road to the entrance of the new, unfamiliar castle before him. Just as he had reached the drawbridge, however, his trek was stopped short when he heard footsteps from behind him, finding that they belonged to a figure wearing a green tunic of all sorts. The fairy next to the blond swordsman nudged her companion, saying, "Hey, look! What a strange-looking guy. Haven't seen anyone with the same character model as him."

"Character--what?" asked Chael, completely flabbergasted.

"Maybe he's an NPC!" insisted Runa. "You should go talk to him."

Chael's gloved hand slowly inched to the hilt of his sword. "But what if he's an enemy?"

"I know! Just get up to him! We're nowhere near a town, anyway."

A pause, then Chael grumbled, "Fine." Slowly unsheathing his sword, he took slow, steady steps towards the figure in green, who walked up to him, a pink, glowing fairy hovering above him. Link stared in confusion at the approaching swordsman, Chael taking great care as he advanced. He was about to open his mouth to speak to the hero in green, only to be stopped short when Runa suddenly said, "Hey, why don't you attack him to see whether he's an enemy or not?"

Link's eyes shot wide open at this, and he suddenly freed his own holy sword from its sheathe, striking at Chael in blinding speed. The swordsman barely had time to defend against the blow, shooting an annoyed glance at Runa. "Runa! You and your big mouth!"

"Hey, don't blame me! This guy's an enemy, all right!"

Chael groaned in annoyance as he leapt back to free his blade from the deadlock. "Guess there's no getting around this, then," he said. Then he turned to Runa and snarled, "Thanks a lot."

Link, having shushed his own fairy, produced a shield from his back, and took it in his right hand, gripping the Master Sword with his left.

Your fairy bugging you yet?

HERE WE GOOOOO!

In an instant, Chael rushed Link, catching the hero off guard with a diagonal slash that struck the flat of the Master Sword. Link unloaded a vertical swing in retaliation, sparks flying off of the two swords as they were caught in a deadlock once more. The two swordsmen pressed in and ground their swords against the other's in a test of strength, the deadlock finally released when Link smashed his toes against Chael's chin in a backflip. Almost immediately, Link swung his sword horizontally, a bladebeam flying off of the Master Sword and barreling towards Chael. The swordsman immediately swung his sword down vertically, a fiery aura having engulfed it as the blade split the beam clean in half. The halved beam continued its descent until it sheared off two edges of the drawbridge and finally dissipated underwater. A sharp pain suddenly seared Chael's right shoulder, a Light Arrow having pierced through the armor and punctured the skin beneath. Chael tugged the arrow free, a splotch of blood flying from the wound as he did so, and found Link before him, drawing his Hero's Bow as light converged around the arrowhead.

Wasting no time, Chael charged and swung his blade in random directions, deflecting the streams of arrows that came his way. Link drew his bow, prepared to let loose a charged Light Arrow as Chael leapt high above him, his sword raised high overhead as he was engulfed in a blue aura. Without hesitation, Link let the arrow loose, Chael grimacing as he struggled to split the charged-up arrow in half. As he finally did so, he growled in frustration upon seeing that his foe was nowhere to be seen.

Chael gasped in shock as a metal something clamped around his right foot and forced him to the ground, Link having caught the swordsman with his hookshot. The long chain retracted back to the handle, Chael crying out as he struggled to free himself. With his free hand, Link produced a dark blue bomb and hurled it at the approaching Chael as it began to flash red, but when the bomb made its way to the ground and exploded, there was no Chael in sight.

Chael suddenly pierced through the resulting wall of smoke, his blade engulfed in a red aura as he slammed it down, runes of sorts appearing before Link in rapid succession before shooting upwards in pillars of flame. The hero of Hyrule immediately defended against the brunt of the attack with his indestructible Hylian Shield, but the force of the explosion knocked him back, sending him rocketing towards a tree and cracking it, the hero moaning in pain as he attempted to stand, wiping the blood from his mouth. Chael immediately swung his sword to the side, a sword-shaped projectile materializing and spiralling towards Link. The hero of Hyrule drew the Master Sword and brought it back, energy converging around the holy sword's blade. Exactly when the spinning projectile would meet him, Link brought his holy weapon down, splitting the beam perfectly in two and causing it to slice apart some trees. Wasting no time, Link sheathed his sword and drew a boomerang, hurling it forward. The boomerang began to gather wind and dust like a vacuum as it spun and sailed for Chael, the swordsman briefly looking on in awe at the sudden twister that formed around the spinning boomerang before charging in recklessly in a blind attempt to interrupt the projectile.

Charging towards the twister proved to be his biggest mistake.

Chael cried out as he was sucked into the twister, unable to gain any balance or bearing. Link immediately drew his Hero's Bow and fired, the Light Arrow puncturing Chael's abdomen and fazing right through the swordsman, an explosion of blood flying out from the wound. In retaliation, Chael reared his mighty weapon, sixteen sword-shaped bladebeams appearing around him, and spun, the beams flying away in random directions. Link attempted to deflect the beams with the Master Sword, and while he succeeded to misdirect two, a beam got past his hasty defense and gashed the side of Link's right leg, the hero of Hyrule crying out in pain as he fell to his knees. Once the tornado vanished, Chael immediately dove for the prone Link, his sword raised overhead as he prepared to finish the fight.

With what strength he had left, Link gathered himself and raised the Master Sword, a sudden light converging around it. Without a moment's hesitation, Link let the energy loose, the Skyward Strike ripping right through Chael and letting an explosion of blood fly. The lifeless Chael plummeted face-first into the dirt, the light having left his eyes as his bloody sword slipped from his grasp. Heaving a sigh, Link slipped the Master Sword back into its sheathe.

K.O.!

Link continued on towards the castle, his fairy rejoining him and bugging him yet again. Runa growled in annoyance at having to give up another 600 zen before producing a bottle labeled "Origin of Life" and spraying it all over Chael's body in a rude manner. The swordsman was immediately brought back to life, coughing and hacking. Chael turned towards Runa, annoyed as he sarcastically said, "Thanks."

Runa crossed her arms in indignity before retorting, "That's what you get for attacking a guy out of the blue!"

Chael shook his head, his palm meeting his face. "Says the one who told me to attack him..."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This Bout's Winner Is...

Link.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 2.7K 80
Tác giả: Bút chì Độ dài: 83 chương Đặc biệt: truyện không thiên vị bất kì chòm sao nào Truyện teen này đánh vào tâm lý những cô cậu bé luôn thích thú...
259K 13.3K 92
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
31K 444 15
Takes place Volume 8 : Chapter 4 I suggest you read the light novel before reading this book. SPOILERS!! _______________ Before Kazuma was just about...
86.6K 2.5K 22
What If..Hope Mikaelson wasn't the only Tribrid to exist? But what if that other Tribrid was the son of the God of Thunder? Hmm??