A Crown of Winter Roses

By imintheblackparade

Game of Thrones Fanfic This is a mixture of season 4 and season 5 Rhaegar Targaryen was always fond of his el... More

Prologue Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Prologue Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Prologue Part 3
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Prologue Part 4

Chapter 7

8.1K 233 5
By imintheblackparade

Rosaerys let out a full bellied laugh as she caught herself on the banister, her tears flowing free from her eyes. She could not believe the prick that would be her future husband. How could he say that to Lord Yronwood?

Rosaerys burst back out with raucous laughter, as Oberyn stepped out red faced, a cheeky grin still displayed on his face. It was as though his mother had caught him with his hands in the kitchens, grabbing the snack he wasn't allowed before dinner. She let her head fall onto his shoulder, as he sat beside, her laughter soon dying down at his words.

"Did you see his face? I have never seen him so angry, not even when I had slept with his paramour." Paramour, just another reminder to Rosaerys that Oberyn would never be hers truly. Rosaerys stood, frustration building inside of her. Her arms crossing in front of her unconsciously.

"Rosie?" His dark eyes peered up, watching the way her eyebrows dipped every so gently, the way her mouth seemed to tighten. Anger raged in those indigo eyes.

"No, Oberyn. Please." Oberyn didn't understand, why had she changed in a whisper of a moment?

"Rosie what is wrong? I don't understand." Rosie whirled around, unshed tears pooling in her eyes.

"Of course you don't Oberyn, why would you?" A singular eyebrow quirked before he stood, stepping towards her softly, arms raised to show his innocence. She was in a moment of vulnerability, that was clear to him but why?

"Explain it to me Rosie, explain to me why you feel the way you do." The inner turmoil raged beneath her skin, clawing to let both sides escape. How could she tell him that since she first spoke to him, she had grown attached, that every moment since then was spent wanting his company, wanting to be his? She wanted to scream from the rooftops in frustration, letting that knotted ball loosen inside of her.

"Because you are not mine Oberyn! How am I supposed to explain to you that I don't want you paramour around, that I don't want you to fuck whores, that I want you to myself?" Oberyn stopped, watching the young Queen turn back to him, eyes releasing a stream of tears. She wanted him to be all hers?

Oberyn remained quiet, letting the silence wash over the two. His body slumping to the floor. "This is why I did not want to tell you, Oberyn. Because you will never be mine, you will only be Ellaria's and Dorne's." Her features became sullen as she lent opposite to him, her small hands grasping the table's edge.

"Now I know I've really cocked this up, so please, Prince Oberyn forgive me." With that she departed, slinking up the steps before closing the door to her room shut; her head resting against the dark wood.

She couldn't be strong, not for the life of her. Dorne was changing her, molding her to something she never wanted to be, and that was weak. Not only had she created something of a target for herself, but she was going to endanger their lives.

Rosie moved herself to the window seat, peeling the dress from her body before tucking her feet beneath her. The windows bursting free as she pushed on them, the salty air nipping at her nose. It reminded her of the house with the Red Door, home. She rested most of her weight on her two arms, leaning out just enough to see the lights below. They were like millions of fireflies, just frozen still in time.

How could Rosaerys have messed everything up so quickly? With an error that Viserys had told her time and time again not to make. How could she have been so stupid?

Rosie closed her eyes, letting her head fall to her arms, a mumble of a sigh leaving her lips.

It wasn't long before she was back up, on her feet once more, the antsy feeling spreading across her body like wildfire.

"Rosie, may you open this door please. I need to speak to you." His voice was soft, almost rivaling the rain that fell in summer. Her eyes widened, eyes scanning the room, where the fuck is her robe?

"Uh, no!" She screamed, running to her nearest chest, starting to drag her items of clothing out. Seriously, where was her robe? Shit!

"Rosie, I'm serious, I want to talk about this, tell you how I feel about it." Rosie could barely focus on him, desperate to find the robe so she could open that gosh-damn door!

She didn't reply, instead crawling under her bed, hand batting around to touch the soft, silky fabric. Out of all the times she could lose it and she chose now!

"I'm coming in Rosie." The words made Rosie scramble, desperate to reach the door before Oberyn pushed it open.

"Don't!" She screamed, but it was too late. Oberyn had already entered, his eyes searching the mass piles of clothes before locking eyes on the scantily clad Rosie. It was quiet for a moment, Oberyn's eyes growing darker than what should have been humanly possible, his eyes raking over Rosie's hip, her flat tummy, and toned legs before falling on her face. Her undergarments doing nothing but accentuating her femininity.

Blood pooled in her cheeks, as she peered up through her lashes. Oberyn stalked closer, like a cat to a mouse, before letting his hands rest gently on her hips. His body flush against hers. Oberyn couldn't help but muse over Rosie. Her beauty had been something he had always seen, something he was proud to take note of, yet this? This was something different.

Being in just her undergarments made her free, showed that she was vulnerable yet still strong. She was beautiful, the same stunning allure minus the dresses and the breeches. Her hand rose before softly setting it on his robe.

He wanted her, he knew he did from the moment he first clad eyes on her. They didn't need to exchange meaningless conversations, or walk around the hall acting fake to everyone else. They just needed to be together.

"Are you going to talk or just stare?" The smirk brought him out of his train of thought, just the way it quirked brought one to his own lips.

"I would but it seems you've made them slip my mind." Rosie shook her head, before shooting him a look, a chuckle leaving his lips.

"Spill, Oberyn." He nodded, looking to the floor before leading her to the bed, sitting opposite.

"Rosie, I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, I understand that having a paramour around must be difficult for you."

"No, Oberyn, it's my fault. I shouldn't ask you to be mine, after all this was for political purposes and I should not get jealous. I don't mind if you see Ellaria during our marriage, I don't mind if she shares your bed, I would rather I did not see it. After the wedding, I will return back to Meereen, my rightful place, and I will rule, gathering my forces as I do so; then I will return to Dorne, bringing my armies, then next to King's Landing. To get rid of the Usurpers." Her eyes had fallen to the floor, hands wringing.

"You will be my wife, Rosaerys," The use of her full name made her meet his eyes, before dropping them down again. "And as my wife, it is my duty to protect you. Whether it is political or not. Ellaria is my paramour, who I have been with for 20 years and is the mother of my children, but for your sake, I will stop sleeping with her. She will still be in Dorne, looking after my girls.

"But I will be with you Rosie, I want to be with you. Like a proper husband, not a political husband; so please. Let me do this." He had reached to cup her face, bringing it closer to him. He noticed things he never would, if she hadn't been so close. She had light freckles dusting her nose and cheeks before spreading to the tips of her eyebrows. Her eyes had dots of vibrant purple within the dark circle of indigo; a small silvery scar running across her temple.

His eyes drifted down to her lip, running a tongue over his own. He wanted to kiss her, his throat running dry over the thought. Dark eyes met indigo for confirmation, and with a slight movement he took it.

He was a dying man surrounded by nothing but sand, his eyes finally falling on the oasis. And he took it greedily.

They were soft, as plush as a pillow, and they were all his. A groan slipped her as he nibbled on her bottom lip, gently pulling it with her before releasing. He pulled her to him, before laying back, their lips never once leaving each other.

It was heated and passionate, fire against fire. Oberyn's hands began to wonder further down before cupping her thighs and gripping, another moan released. Oberyn almost burst from the sound, grinding up to her.

The cold from the outside blew in, tickling Rosie's face with white curls. She pulled back, eyes heavy as she gazed down at Oberyn; she could feel him panting beneath her straddling his waist and she relished in it.

"Stay with me." Was all she had to whisper as he nodded, moving her down to beside him. His hands resting on her cheek still.

"From this moment on."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 37 16
Daella Targaryen is the youngest daughter of Aemma Arryn and King viserys I Targaryen . A kind, but smart girl with everything she needs. She is als...
12.5K 409 9
Before Viserys married Aemma and had Rhaenyra, he married a Stark woman who was different from the ladies of Kings Landing, which is why Viserys fell...
400K 11.3K 57
Davina Lannister is the youngest child of Tywin Lannister. She is very loved by her father, which is why he let her practice with Jaime swordsmanship...
88.2K 3.2K 180
Have you ever wondered what might happen if there was a change in the story? Imagine a scenario where some of the people who had died were still aliv...