The Shrink Program

By Shayni

Maddison Tramph makes terrible life choices and is shrunken as a result. To return to normal, she must refor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Part Two
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Part Three
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Part Four
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
PART FIVE
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Epilogue.
Bonus

Chapter 164

518 29 5
By Shayni

Maybe it was a sign of my growing paranoia that I half expected Jack to show up and answer the question for himself.

He's a contrary sort of guy though, with a sixth sense for this sort of thing...So, of course, he wouldn't show up the one time I'm actually expecting him.

Devoid of any dramatic entrances from crazed bird people, Alex and Vain were left to glare at each other in tense silence, looking about ready to kill each other if the conversation didn't go their respective ways.

Nigel and I stood nervously, too afraid to intervene. Robin seemed to be watching floating dust particles, contemplating the universe for all I could tell.

Despite Vain's persuasive... attitude, Alex was obviously reluctant to spill.

The redhead apparently had a pretty good idea as to what Vain intended to do with the information and was none too happy with the fact.

At least Alex knows better than to...

"He's on his way here." Alex finally hissed. "Or did you think I was playing that thing for the fun of it."

I groaned, burying my face in my hands.

The situation just keeps getting worse and worse. Sure Vain is a reasonable person... but the only reasoning he knows how to listen to is his own.

If he had it in his head that we had to confront Jack... Then there would be little chance of talking him out of it before Jack showed up and took the choice out of our hands.

"Vain, listen, I'm really pro Kicking Jack's ass, but..." was my weak attempt at some sort of damage control.

"I've already considered every argument you're about to make." The pale boy stated quietly, finally looking up at me from where he crouched with Alex.

He seemed to stop breathing, his gaze agonising over every tear and bloodstain.

The pain in his expression reminded me of the turmoil I had felt when Jack attacked him.

Jack had left scars. On both of us.

But unlike Vain, I had already faced Jack and hit the wall.

I knew how low I was willing to go in the name of retaliation.

"Then why are you such an idiot?" Alex snarked on my behalf, not bothering to try and escape the physically older boy's hold. "I want Jack to pay as much as anyone, but at least I have enough common sense to recognise that now is not the time."

"Now is the only time," Vain said with a sharp shake of his head, jerking his gaze away from me.

With his question answered, Vain let Alex go, standing back to his full height to glare down at the small boy.

"Ignoring Jack has only proved to cause more issues in the long run." Vain's expression grew grim. "This is our chance to kill two birds with one stone."

Nigel visibly shivered, and my eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Weird, it almost like they knew...

"Interesting choice of words..." Alex gave Vain a disgusted look, obviously a few stations ahead of me on the train of thought.

Vain's gaze narrowed.

"I'm sure you were aware of this when you ran ahead..."

Somehow getting the feeling that not everyone had been happy with that impulsive decision.

"...but Alan also has a phone, and is just as capable of contacting the Shrink Program as you are."

...Oh.

"Garmen says hi..." Nigel added quietly.

Oh.

"He's okay?" I asked hesitantly. Sure, Havoc has said so himself, but I probably wouldn't feel better about it until I saw Garmen fully recovered and "Coaching" cricket again.

"Yes, if resentful of the fact he's stuck playing receptionist," Vain answered absent-mindedly, stepping away from Alex and scanning the room.

I watched, finally able to witness the mastermind at work.

The difference between our abilities quickly became clear.

Vain looked up, acknowledging the vents above with a frustrated frown.

Further proving what an idiot I was.

"Once Alex was attacked by Linquesta, we were forced to separate." Vain continued to explain, his mind still sifting through the possibilities. "While we came here to find you and deal with Jack, Apollo and Artemis have gone to try and stop their father from reaching Cassandra."

I paled, not liking a single word of that sentence.

The news that the Mc'Valium brothers had been sent on such a dangerous task...well, I probably wouldn't mind if Apollo came back a little bit maimed, but I actually liked Artemis...or at least he was too polite to get on my nerves as much as most people did...

But that wasn't what really had my blood turning to ice.

"Vain..." I said, eyes following him along as he walked the room.

"Strategically, it would be best to have Jack come to us, where we will be able to see him coming, instead of him picking us off one by one in the hallways..."

"Vain."

"But I doubt he will play along with those odds..."

"Vain!"

He fell silent, turning his surprised gaze to me. Actually, everyone looked at me with variations of shock written on their faces.

It wasn't normal for me to shout like...that.

I never liked to raise my voice when I was panicking. It just gave away how afraid I was.

"What do you mean, deal with Jack?" I asked, and it was obvious from the way I was slightly shaking that I wasn't asking for the logistics of his plan.

He didn't say anything.

He didn't want to tell me to put it into words.

But he didn't need to.

I already knew the answer. Had known it since he had entered the room.

Even as he spoke calmly, organised his thoughts and planned out his next step, Vain's normally inscrutable gaze betrayed a desperate sort of hatred.

A feeling of being backed into a corner with no other way out but to destroy what was in your way.

A murderous intent.

Jack had crossed a line by killing me.

And he was about to drag Vain along with him.

I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself.

Vain had already dismissed me once.

This time, I would make him listen. Before he did something that would change him forever.

Only... That's when the lights went out.

Leaving us in pitch blackness. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 55 17
Samantha is just your average teenage girl, all except for her nano fetish. Lucky for her, half the population in the world is nano-sized, unlucky fo...
21.4K 590 31
Growing up alone is never easy, Katie had spent her entire life with no friends or family to love and support her. But all of that soon changes when...
127 22 60
The whole world forever changes as an apocalypse ruptures through the very heart of humanity, and Pheonix and her family and friends(?) are caught ri...
38.1K 538 22
Ladies and Gentlegiants! Come with me to faraway lands where people of strange sizes live. Will they be nice? Will they hurt you? What fantastic -or...