Lonely Road→ Dallas Winston

By brokenpausebutton

❝it's a lonely road where the forgotten go, where your misery finds its company.❞ copyright @ b r o k e n p a... More

INTRODUCTION
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
EPILOGUE

TWENTY-THREE

7.8K 261 437
By brokenpausebutton

Dallas

Life had broken her; just as it had broken him. But when they got together, their pieces became whole. And they continued on their journey, together, mended as one.

I'VE BEEN SITTING here for hours, reflecting on what I've just done.

I ruined everything.

Seeing Naomi crushed like that..... it killed me in a way I thought it never would. I don't understand these feelings that I have because I've never had them before.

It's foreign to me. Love.

And, I really just don't quite understand it. So, I acted out. I was drunk which made it even worse. I always act this way though, so should anyone be surprised?

It's always, 'broken ole Dal hit up five girls this week.'

This is who I am. I can't help that.

But once Naomi came along, it changed everything. I hate change, but this change was good.

I love Naomi.

I just.... can't cope with this much emotion, so I act out. I didn't mean to hurt Naomi at all. Hell, I didn't even know she was in front of me until Buck slapped me across the face, bringing me back to reality.

I don't deserve her. Everyone says we're alike, but she's too good for me. She has changed, in a good way. She used to be like me, but now she's happy and always laughing.

Is that because of me?

Now after what happened, I'm afraid she'll go back to what she used to be.

Broken. Lonely.

I got snapped out of my thoughts by Buck shaking me. I jolted out of bed, raising up to look at him.

"You're gonna want to see this." He exclaimed, dissapointment laced in his tone of voice.

I knitted my eyebrows in confusion, slipping on my white t-shirt while walking downstairs.

I stopped midway when I saw her. It hurt me, seeing her like that, and again, I don't know what to do with these feelings.

She was sitting quietly at the bar table, a bottle of whiskey in her frail hand. Her eyes had bags under them, revealing she hasn't gotten any sleep. Her facial expression was blank, as if all the life had been sucked out of her, and her soft face was a pale pastel color.

She was hunched over and turned our direction, meeting my gaze. Her blank expression soon changed to a soft look, but then to a hard, cold glare.

"Naomi...." I breathed, taking a step towards her.

She continued to glare at me, not saying a word. It was as if time froze.

Buck tip-toed back behind the counter, leaving us to talk. I walked towards her cautiously, taking a seat beside her.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered, cringing while I spoke.

I hate apologizing. I never do, and I think she realized that because a small smile appeared on her face.

It soon disappeared and she took a deep breath. "I was with Parker last night."

What the hell?

//

Naomi

I WATCHED HIS facial expression as I mentioned Parker's name, and the anger and jealousy amused me immediately.

"You what?" He growled, clenching his fists.

"We talked and I drank a lot. He took it away from me, though. I probably drank about ten glasses of whiskey, but I fell asleep on his couch." I shrugged, wanting to make him more pissed off.

His brown eyes had a fiery look in them, making me even more attracted to them. "Don't worry though, it's not like I kissed him. Only you do that stuff apparently." My voice spoke with a cold bitterness in it.

His face softened. "Naomi, I-I can't help it. I'm not used to feeling this way, you just have to give me some time to cope with these feelings. I do care about you, though. A lot. Okay?"

I blamed my heart racing on the whiskey, but I knew it was the way Dally looked at me and spoke to me.

I nodded my head slowly, still captivated at how nice he said the words.

"Well, let's go home, Cinderella." He grinned, holding out his hand.

I grabbed it willingly, and he picked me up, carrying me bridal-style to Maya's car.

We drove to all kinds of places, admiring all of the attractions in Tulsa. I've never really noticed any of it before.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I asked, glancing at the waterfall.

We were at a place in the forest, and it was breathtaking. Dally nodded, still looking at it, awestruck.

I sat down on a huge rock and Dally sat beside me, our shoulders touching. I knew he wasn't going to take my hand, say I love you, or say something cliche because that's not who he is. But, I admire the bond we share. It's different.

We know we love each other, but sometimes, just sometimes, we're too afraid to say it.

//

"I SEE YOU two have made up." Kingston snapped, shooting daggers at Dally as Maya did the same.

"We talked about it. We're not dating. We're just going to stay friends for a while." I announced, watching as Dally nodded his head. 

Maya scoffed. "That won't last. You two will be back together soon. I know it."

I rolled my eyes and started raising my eyebrows at her and Kingston. "So..... you two?"

They both groaned, making me and Dally chuckle. "I've got good news for you, Sis." Kingston had a huge grin plastered on his face.

I cocked my head to the side. "What?"

"I'm staying here for a few more months!"

A huge smile appeared on my lips as I ran into his arms, him twirling me around. "We get to have more morning coffee talks." I whispered in his ear.

He nodded. "That's half of what made me want to stay."

I pulled back from him, going back beside Dally. "And what's the other half?"

He sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of his neck. "Maya."

Dally and I scrunched our faces up in disgust. "So cliche!"

They both started giggling as we walked away. I started walking towards my room, but stopped, turning around to find Dally.

"Since Kingston is staying here permanently, I guess I'll sleep on the couch." He huffed, making me laugh softly.

"You can sleep with me, waif."

He smirked, pulling me into a hug. "I was hoping you'd say that, Cinderella."

"I'll always let you in. You know that."

//

I'M ALIVE GUYS I PROMISE

my Internet went off, haha shoot me. but, I have it now, so I hope you love this update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27K 374 13
❝ 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. ❞ ━ to | ponyboy curtis x fem reader (discontinued)
6.7K 72 14
𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨... *೨⋆*✩ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 ༺...
15.9K 299 16
𝙄𝙍𝙄𝙎 ⁻ⁿᵒᵘⁿ⁻ 𝘢 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥-𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘺 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘵𝘺𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘦, 𝘺𝘦𝘭...
650K 13.3K 140
just your favorite greaser boiiiiis.... but mostly johnny and dally whoops