๐†๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ ๐‹๐ˆ๐…๐„ (EDITING)

ะ’ั–ะด laianeira

๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ญ, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ข๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐š... ะ‘ั–ะปัŒัˆะต

๐€๐ž๐ซ๐ฐ๐ฒ๐ง๐š'๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ
๐‚๐ก๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ
๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ƒ๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ฒ
๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ฐ๐จ ๐–๐จ๐ซ๐๐ฌ
๐ˆ. ๐ƒ๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐–๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ
๐ˆ๐ˆ. ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐’๐ž๐š
๐ˆ๐•. ๐€ ๐‹๐ข๐ž
๐•. ๐’๐จ๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ

๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ. ๐‚๐ก๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐–๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ง

167 11 4
ะ’ั–ะด laianeira

As the skies darkened and entered the twilight, people were running around the household. Servants going in and out, preparing for the grand party. Some doing last minute cleaning, some decorating the gardens and some placing beverages and food on the tables. Upstairs in one of the chambers, Aerwyna was getting ready for the occasion with the help of Hida. She was nervous, very nervous. She did not know what to expect. Everything had to go as planned, nothing could go wrong.

Looking at her own reflection, Aerwyna took in every detail on the looking glass. Her blonde hair styled with her front pieces french plaited and pinned back, leaving the rest of her hair down just as she requested that morning. Her eyes moved onto her dress. The masterpiece was a long blue dress covering in beautiful tiny sparkling crystals across the top part of the dress; Aerwyna could imagine walking with the dress trailed behind her and just looking at it, it gave her an exquisite feel to the atmosphere. Every crystal twinkled under the light. The bewitching lining intoxicated everyone in the dresses beauty — the radiant silk ran down to the bottom of her feet. The intricate neat lacing made every mortal fall in love with the dresses beauty. The delicate belt at the waist introduced attention to the crystals lining up against the breast. It was dazzling. It was perfect. But still she hoped she wouldn't outshine her parents, after all they were the centre of the party. Since the dress was so magnificent on its own, she wanted to keep everything else simple. In honour of her parents' anniversary, she picked a ring with a small sapphire in the middle, which she was given by her mother for her fourteen birthday. She smiled to herself. Everything looked impeccable.

"You look angelic, Nana." She smiled at her best friend in the full-length mirror, thanking her. Then she noticed something was missing.

"Why haven't you changed? The party is going to start soon."

"I am only a servant, an orphan, Madam. I am no lady, no princess, no noble. I am no one of significance, my Lady. I don't fit to be in such gatherings."

"Don't you dare say that! You are important to me! And not just me, I mean Mother and Father see you as their daughter, Anchor sees you as a slightly-elder sister and I see you as my sister I've always wanted and my best friend. And tonight I want you to be there in the gardens with me, celebrating and having fun. Be there with me when I meet my new professor. And hopefully I will be beside you, hoping to help you find the man of your dreams." Hida laughed at the last one. Aerwyna strolled over to her wardrobe and skimmed through the fancy dresses she had. And one stood out. A short sleeved red dress. She took the dress out and turned around to see Hida with her mouth wide open.

"Close your mouth, Dada. Or you'll catch flies." Giggling at her reaction, fully knowing that she would protest after she recovered from her shock. Just as she began to open her mouth again to disagree, Aerwyna took her hand and gently placed the dress on Hida's forearm. 'I insist, Dada. Besides red doesn't really suit me, you would look lovely in this dress.' Hida looked at the dress and Aerwyna again, realising that no matter how hard she try to protest, the final winner would always be me. She nodded, took her peach-coloured dress off and put on the red dress. After she wore the dress, both of them gasped. She looked gorgeous. Roles were switched. Aerwyna did her hair and styled it into a low bun, and gave her a pair of sparkly drop earrings. Standing up, walking over to the full-length mirror, Aerwyna watched her handmaiden slowly taking everything in. Her dress was short sleeved with beads and tiny crystals across the top, followed by a thick red satin belt wrapped around the waist, while the skirt flowed with her every movement.

"I don't know what to say. I look beautiful."

"You don't have to say anything. Just say 'Aerwyna you are amazing', and yes you look stunning."

"You are amazing, Aerwyna. Thank you, and for the record every colour suits you." She embraced the younger latter tightly with Aerwyna returning the tight squeeze. "Are you ready?" Aerwyna asked Hida and saw her nodded.

The two young maidens descended down the stairs together and their ears were met with the soft sounds of the violin, chatting and laughs from presumably the nobles her brother invited. At the end of the stairs, a young couple was waiting for them with their arms looped with each other's.

"You look radiant, Wyna. Both of you, and of course Penelope darling." He complimented the women beside him, turning to Penelope, giving her a peck on her temple.

'Why thank you, dearest brother. You look absolutely dashing. Penelope you look wonderful." Aerwyna thanked and complimented her brother and sister-in-law.

"We should go in now. I think Father is getting impatient and wonder where his creations of 25 years of marriage are." They all laughed and lined up in pairs behind the doors. Aerwyna and Hida stood behind Penelope and Anchor, ready to make an entrance. Before the four knew it, the glass doors to the gardens opened. Every eye turned from what they were originally looking to focusing on them. It was quiet, it made Aerwyna feel slightly uncomfortable because of the sudden attention.

"There you are, my children. My Lords, my Ladies. Please allow me to proudly introduce my eldest and heir to my Viscountcy, Anchor and his wife Penelope. My daughter Aerwyna and her best friend Hida." Viscount Eversley came over to us and introduced us which followed with applause from the guests. The young adults dipped their heads in respect. Just before the party resumed, the host announced, "I am also very happy to announce that we have a baby on the way." With that every one cheered and congratulated the family, especially Anchor, Penelope and the soon-to-be-grandparents, receiving hugs from teary-eyed ladies near them.

Aerwyna was trailing behind her father, going to every noble and allowed her father introduce his only daughter. She knew what his intentions were. It was clear, too clear even. He was trying to find her a suitor — a future husband. Aerwyna was muddled. She thought her parents wanted her to have a good life and she thought the point of a good life is to find love. That was how she was brought up. That was no love. Slowly, Aerwyna was getting tired of the whole 'This is my daughter Aerwyna and I want her to marry your son' presentation and excused herself. At the dance floor the young daughter of the hosts sighted a young man with a girl in red, swaying to the music. Hida. She felt a rush of happiness running through her, Hida found a man! She sighed happily and walked to the beverage table, picking up a glass of champagne.

"Enjoying yourself, Madam?" Aerwyna jumped at the voice beside her and fortunately the champagne did not spill on the dress. 'Forgive me, I didn't mean to frighten you.' She looked up and turned to her left. And there she saw a man with his sight settling on the dance floor, holding an empty glass.

"I guess so, you?" She asked the stranger. She could hear her father's voice in her head. Do not talk to strangers. But her rebellious mind fired back, if he was a stranger then why was he at the party? Aerwyna turned her attention to her best friend who seemed to be having a good time with her dance partner. Her right hand in the man's left, finger intertwined. Her left hand on his right shoulder as his right hand was placed on her waist.

"I think so. Sorry again, Madam if I frightened you earlier." He apologised, slightly bowing. This time both of them turned our heads towards each other. His eyes were the first thing she noticed. They were sapphire blue, something about them just made her want to stare at them for the rest of her life. Somehow she got lost in them.

"It's quite alright, just a little startled. I have never seen you around, what is your name?"

"Of course, my apologies. I am Christopher Weston, my Lady." He introduced himself, taking Aerwyna's hand and kissing the back of it.

"And I am Aerwyna Cornell, well Miss Aerwyna Cornell. That is what my father always introduces me as. Pleased to meet your acquaintance, Mr Weston."

"My pleasure and please, call me Christopher. Mister is way too formal."

"Only if you call me Aerwyna." He smiled at her response. Aerwyna could not help and smiled back, and got distracted in his eyes once again. "So Christopher, are you here with anyone?" She asked Christopher and shockingly received a simple answer, 'no'.

"No? Chris-" She was soon cut off by her father, whose left arm was looped with his wife's right one.

"Ah, there you are Wyna. I see you've met your professor." He said, eyeing Christopher. With Christopher quickly dipped his head, "My Lord." Aerwyna's eyes widened in shock. She looked at her father, then Christopher, then the viscount again and finally settled her eyes on her professor's distracting ones.

"My new professor? Why didn't you tell me? You look really young to be a professor. Are you a genius or something?" She asked him in an abnormally fast pace. She could feel her cheeks flushed and assumed that she was as red as a tomato. Christopher only nodded in response.

"Yes, I am your new professor. I didn't want to tell you because once I tell you I'm your professor, you might think I'm boring. And no, I am not a genius whatsoever. I just finished my education earlier than anyone else. My parents didn't know what to do with me after I finished my studies. So I went on becoming a teacher and eventually now a professor."

"So you are a genius."

"No I'm not."

"You are just being modest, Christopher."

"I might be. So what do you expect from a professor?"

"What do you mean?" At that point Aerwyna and her new professor were too engaged in the conversion to notice that her parents left the two alone.

"You said I look really young to be a professor. What do you expect him to look like?"

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just thought my professor is going to look like a man with white hair and a moustache, eyes squinting every time he looks at something, and holding a book everywhere he goes." They both laughed at her response.

"There is no need to apologise, I get that a lot wherever I go, Miss Cor-Aerwyna. Would you like to dance?" He held his hand for her to take and without second thought, she took it. Aerwyna could feel eyes resting on the two of them as they strolled across the dance floor. She took a quick glance at Hida, she saw Aerwyna going on the dance floor with a man and responded with her eyebrows raised. Christopher placed his right hand at my waist and took my right hand, as my left hand rested on his shoulder.

"So how old are you exactly, Christopher? That is, if you don't mind me asking." Aerwyna was curious. Christopher could look like a young man but at the time he could be much older than she was.

"Of course not, my lady. Eighteen, going on nineteen in four months. And you?"

"I just turned seventeen. Forgive me if this is personal, but are you betrothed or married to anyone?"

"It's completely alright. And no, I don't want to marry for advantage or marry someone my parents pick. I want to marry for love."

"Me too. I guess this is the first thing we have in common, Christopher Weston." 

"Tell me about yourself, Miss Aerwyna Cornell."

ะŸั€ะพะดะพะฒะถะธั‚ะธ ั‡ะธั‚ะฐะฝะฝั

ะ’ะฐะผ ั‚ะฐะบะพะถ ัะฟะพะดะพะฑะฐั”ั‚ัŒัั

2.7K 225 13
โ€ข๐Ÿ‘# ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐‘๐„๐“๐„๐๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ๐’๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐„๐’โ€ข ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜“๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜น ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ...
48.1K 2.2K 40
โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขแด„แดแดแด˜สŸแด‡แด›แด‡แด…โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข "แดส สŸษชา“แด‡ แดกแด€s แด˜แด‡ส€า“แด‡แด„แด› ส™แด‡า“แดส€แด‡ สแดแดœ แด…แด‡แด„ษชแด…แด‡แด… แด›แด sแด›แด‡แด˜ สแดแดœส€ แด…ษชส€แด›ส า“แดแดแด› ษชษด แด€ษดแด… ส€แดœษชษด แด‡แด แด‡ส€สแด›สœษชษดษข า“แดส€ แดแด‡!" "แดกแด€แด›แด„สœ สแดแดœส€ แดกแดส€แด…s สœแด€ส€ส€ส, ษช'แด ษดแดแด› แด›สœแด€...
158K 3.6K 19
ส™สŸแด€แด‹แด‡ ส™ส€แดแดแด‹s, า“แด€สŸสŸษชษดษข า“แดส€ แด›สœแด‡ แด›แด€แด‹แด‡ษด แดษดแด‡s. ๐—•๐—˜๐—–๐—ž ๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ซ ๐—™๐—˜๐— ! ๐—ข๐—– ๐—ซ ๐—๐—”๐——๐—˜ ๐—ช๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ง ๐—ฉ๐—œ๐—–๐—ง๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ข๐—จ๐—ฆ: ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฆ๐—ข๐—ก ๐Ÿญ-๐Ÿฐ ๐—ฆ๐—ง๐—”๏ฟฝ...
81.9K 7.1K 48
๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐ซ๐ฒ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐œ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐š ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ ๐š ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐ž ๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐š๐ฒ ๐›๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ญ. ๐’...