Mated With The Enemy

By LovelyLoopyKari

I didn't think, why would I when rarely anything bad happened or any repercussions were given. I was the prin... More

To Be Loved
Chapter One - Repercussions
Chapter Two - Two Years
Chapter Three - Once Wasn't Enough
Chapter Four - Dangerous Mates
Chapter Five - Assembly
Chapter Six - Greenhouse
Chapter Seven - Dangling Over The Edge
Chapter Eight - The Arrangement
Chapter Nine - According to Lucas
Chapter Ten - Let The Party Begin
Chapter Eleven - Omegas
Chapter Twelve - Miranda
Chapter Thirteen - The Almost Brawl
Chapter Fourteen - Recovery
Chapter Fifteen - Winter Formal
Chapter Sixteen - New Enemies
Chapter Seventeen - Medicine
Chapter Eighteen - Secrets
Chapter Nineteen - Saved
Chapter Twenty - Discovery
Chapter Twenty Two - Legacy

Chapter Twenty One - Finally

4.6K 194 12
By LovelyLoopyKari

Chapter Twenty One - Finally (Ironic? lol) 

______________________

"Run." I shouted as I followed the pack of omegas into the woods. They were getting better and better every time we trained. Determination was always the only thing on their faces.

We ran the entire border twice before I led them back to the training center. "You guys are improving nicely." I appraised as they all partnered up for our lessons today. "Practice the warm up drills and then your defensive skills."

Nods were shared all around and I had to smile as I watched them, they looked like real warriors now, something even my father had noticed on the full pack training days. He had a proud gleam in his eyes when he'd see me helping train them and again when they'd take down one of his elite warriors.

"Good Damien." I grinned as he took down Tristan.

After an hour I dismissed the group and ran up to my room. I had an hour until I could meet Lucas and I couldn't go early. He'd wanted to always be the first, just in case someone was waiting for me. Like Logan.

I took out my phone and texted Randi and Penny in our group chat all promising to meet up soon in a town where we could easily go undiscovered. I missed Penny and Rex, my best friends being gone made pack life really boring at the moment.

"Rosaline." My dad called from downstairs. I slipped out of bed and rushed downstairs but slowed when I saw the whole pack gathered around, silent.

"Dad?" I whispered as I made my way to his side. "What's going on?"

"War." He muttered. "We're pronouncing war on our neighbours, we've had enough of them thinking they can come onto our land and hunt." The crowd cheered and I stared at my father. Randi...Lucas...

"It ends tonight." He threw his fist into the air, "They end now."

"Dad-." I tried and he glared, cutting me off.

"You will be right by myside, the entire time. Understand?" I felt my father's order rip through my body, my knees buckling from the strength of his command.

Nodding I reached out to Lucas but I couldn't connect with him. So much for gaining control of this stupid mind linking thing. "Omegas are our front line." My dad growled as I was forced to follow him outside.

My eyes widened, he was sending the omegas out for dead. "Dad, you can't-."

"I can do what I want, I'm the Alpha." He growled. Stepping away from my father I glared at the ground, he was punishing me again. Taking away the only thing that mattered to me. Lucas.

Not to mention he was killing all the omegas I've been training.

"In front Rose." He pushed me with the other omegas and I gasped. He was offering me up for dead too. My own father.

At the border line we all froze, the feeling of leaving pack land had goosebumps rise all over our body's and a slight pain in our heads. I saw Damien sniff the air in confusion and he took the first step over the border.

I quickly followed suit, taking one last look over my shoulder to see the warriors behind us I took off in a run.

"Rose!" My dad yelled but he hadn't crossed the border.

I ran in the direction of the pack house when howls of anger engulfed me and the omegas that had followed me.

"What do we do?" Damien hissed, his eyes darting around the trees, body rigged and his eyes slightly out of focus.

"Shh.." I brought my finger to my lips to tell them not to make another noise.

I could feel Lucas before I saw him, his giant wolf growling as he noticed the small amount of wolves around me.

"Lucas." I sighed and quickly ran to his side. "We need help. My dad sent us onto your land, he wants us dead."

He growled lowly and then gestured for us to follow him. "Come on."

"You trust him?" Tristan asked his eyebrows rising.

Nodding I spoke, "More than anyone. He won't hurt you, I promise."

Tristan exchanged looks with the others who were scared but they all gave me a look of blind faith, at least befriending them before this gained me some trust to save their lives.

Lucas nudge my arm in alarm and I turned to my omegas, "Come on, we don't have time. Those who want to live come with us or stay and be found out by the rest of his pack."

Lucas led us out of the territory to our spot which is where he returned to his human form. "What's happening?" He caressed my face before deciding that I wasn't hurt and wrapping me in his arms.

"My dad sent us out as the front line, he was going to fight your pack but I took off running and my father stayed on our pack land."

"Coward." Lucas growled and I smiled.

"I have to leave." I whispered, his grip tightening on my waist when I looked up into his face. "I have to save them, Lucas. We can't go back."

"Join my pack." Lucas pleaded.

Shaking my head I looked into his eyes, "I can't. We'd be too close to them." I scrunched my nose to show my distaste

"I'll come with you." I grabbed my hands and I looked at him, tears in my eyes. "Please don't." His whispered knowing what I was doing.

"I love you Lukey."

"No. I refuse to let you leave me. I'm going with you guys."

Looking at our entwined hands I sucked in my upper lip, "You have a pack, Luke they depend on you. What about your family? What about Miranda?"

"I choose you." He shook his head, "We talked about this, I'd choose you over everyone else. Over everything else. I love you Rosie, don't push me away."

"If you're sure." I smiled, a weight being lifted off my shoulders. I didn't want to say goodbye to him again, I was glad he fought me on this one.

"More than anything." He kissed my forehead and grinned, "Give me an hour to get my stuff from the house that we can take with us. Okay?"

"Sure." I smiled.

All the omegas looked between where I was and where Lucas had just sprinted off to, surprise and confusion on their faces.

"So you guys are like a thing?" Marta, a fellow female omega asked. I nodded and judged all the reactions on their faces.

"He's my mate." I whispered. Their faces seemed to soften at this news, two lovers that were forced apart by a deep feud that was centuries old. Mates that couldn't be together, until now. "We're going away, I hope that's okay with everyone."

"More than okay, Alpha." Damien nodded, bowing as he did. "We all get to start over, hopefully not as Omegas?"

I grinned. "Definitely not Omegas.

Everyone was still on edge as we waited for Lucas' return. He was coming back, wasn't he?

Twenty minutes after an hour the leaves started to swirl around us as a gust of wind hit our faces.

"He's not coming." Damien crossed his arms over his chest as he glared into the trees.

"He'll be here." I assured him even though I also doubted if Lucas was actually coming. But I couldn't allow myself to think those kind of thoughts. He was all I had left.

Another hour went by and Lucas still hadn't shown up causing my stomach to knot in my stomach. He really wasn't coming. Not that I blamed him, if I had a family that loved me I wouldn't want to leave either.

"Rosie." His deep voice sent relief through me. Nothing was as good as hearing his voice after hours of waiting, when I was afraid that he'd left me for good. "I'm sorry, I had to take the GPS out of the car and it got stuck." He shook his head as he took my hand quickly, "Anyway, we're all good now. Come on."

Leading us back to the road we all hopped into the silver vehicle which is where Lucas took my hand again before he started the car to drive away.

As we drove further and further from our packs I could feel the air in the car shift. The omegas had hope radiating from them, they were starting over. I felt sick but also happy, in a weird way. Sickness was from me leaving my family, the same family that tried to kill me and that also sickened me. However I was happy to be with Lucas without hiding, without worrying who would see us.

Damien kept sniffing as he looked around the car and I was becoming annoyed with his paranoid tendencies.

"Do you guys smell that?" He asked after a few hours. "I'm it's driving me crazy."

Raising my eyebrows I turned around the only other girl in the car was Marta but he's been around her before. So I was confused.

"Next turn?" Lucas asked, bringing my attention back to him.

I looked at my surroundings and then bit my lip and nodded, "Yeah and then take a left on the long driveway." Lucas nodded in understanding and I squeezed his hand in reassurance.

The house came into view before we even had time to prepare, which wasn't the case when I was usually driven down this long driveway.

Standing on the front lawn to greet us was a short blonde haired girl who was bouncing on the balls of her feet as she waited for us to exit the car. The tall guy next to her was laughing at her enthusiasm and I grinned throwing open the door once Lucas had parked the car.

"Penny!" I shrieked in delight running into her outstretched arms as she met me halfway. It was pretty dramatic.

"Rose!" She laughed, "I missed you, I have so much to tell you."

"Same here." I beamed at her and then wrapped my arms around Rex's waist. "Hey Rex, was the party good? Did it work?"

"Like a charm." Rex smirked giving me a tight squeeze before I was back standing beside Lucas.

"Well this is Lucas, my mate. And these are my pack mates, Penny knows them." I waved off the introductions as I remembered that they knew each other.

Penny laughed and Rex smirked widened, "We've got a couple rooms set up." He told us as he gestured to the house. We made to follow but was stopped from the sound of the car door opening.

Out stepped a small girl with dark brown hair and a familiar face. Instantly Lucas let a growl slip past his lips as he stared at her. I was too shocked to do anything but stare.

Miranda skipped over to us beaming as she did. 

Thank you so much for supporting me even when I give you crappy updates after not updating for months, you guys are my favorites!!! :P  True MVPS! 

Xx 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 1.4K 35
What Elena Lockser wanted was to secure a job in Aiden Inc, which was her dream company and nothing else. She encountered Aiden Crooks, the CEO, also...
1.1M 43.9K 48
He found her. He chose her. Now, she must decide if she chooses him. A Silverbloods Series ©The Found One (2015)
256K 6.9K 27
~In a world full of mythical creatures and other terrifying beasts~ **MATURE CONTENT** Alpha Layton Bailey, the alpha of WinterMoor. He's ruthless a...
8.5K 304 26
This is the story of a thief that lived in Port Royal. She was orphaned at a young age and made a life out of stealing. But not hurting anyone and sh...