Twists And Turns

By bayabasjtr

How are we not art, when our hips and our lips and our hands all fit together like corresponding place? ... More

หนื่ง
สอง
สาม
สี่
ห้า
หก
เจ็ด
แปด
เก้า
สิบ
สิบเอ็ด
สิบสอง

avant que la tragédie

3.9K 102 15
By bayabasjtr

I walked along the pavement road, pulling my suitcase with me. All i saw was hills of grass and a foggy air. I was definitely lost.

"Hey, are you okay?" a stranger asked. "I am." I said as i rubbed the tears from my eyes and attempting to catch my breath. "Do you know a nearby Bed N Breakfast, or an Inn?" I asked looking at a guy maybe a year or two older than me.

"Yeah, yes of course. It's past second Yolk lane, only a few blocks away." He said.

"I don't know where that is.." I said, sighing.

"I'm headed to that direction anyways so you can come with me, uh this way." He said.

I tugged at my large suitcase which unfortunately got stuck in a pothole.

"Here i'll do it." He said.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry, this is just a lot for me." I said now walking side by side with him on the foggy road.

"How long are you visiting?" He said.

"Uhm i'm not visiting. I'm staying, uh like moving here." I said.

"Oh, then why are you staying at an Inn?" He said.

"I bought a house here somewhere in Lilac lane, but it will be three days before i get the keys." I said.

"Lilac lane? You mean the brown cottage with the squeaky gate?" He said.

"Yeah, how'd you know there's a squeaky gate?" I asked.

"You don't know?!" He said with a shock on his face.

"Don't know what?" I said, a little confused.

"See that cottage you bought. Wait are you from Korea?" He asked.

"No, I moved here from America. I'm Thai but was raised in America since i was a kid. What is wrong with the house?" I said.

"What a coincidence! I moved here a couple of years ago. Like you, i'm also a Thai. And forgive me, with that skin of yours, i really thought you're one of those Koreans i saw on televisions. But the cottage, i can't believe you bought that cottage! Didn't they tell you?" He said.

"It's okay haha." I paused, "And tell me what? I don't know anything." I said, so confused.

"The house is haunted. Yes, i know haunted like Miss Havisham haunted yeah the old lady killed herself there and it's been empty for ages. She used to kill men there too, she was a feminist." He said, holding a straight face.

"No way? You're lying." I said, convinced by the information.

"No, i'm serious." He said, trying not to laugh.

"You're bluffing!" I said and lightly smacked his upper arm and he couldn't stop laughing at me.

"Yeah i am, the cottage isn't haunted i just wanted to mess with you." He said, smirking at me.

"Well aren't you cool." I said, a tiny bit angry with myself for being gullible.

"Here's the Inn." He said as we stopped by a small home couple of feet away from the road.

"Thank you, i appreciate your help." I said taking a hold of my suitcase and shaking his hand.

"You're welcome, by the way i'm Phana" He said.

"P'Phana, you look like a Panda." I said, then face palming myself after realizing how stupid that sounded out loud but he chuckled.

"And you?" He said. "I'm Wayo." I said.

"You don't look like a Wayo, you look more like a Wassup." He said, teasing me.

"Bye P'Phana" I said as i laughed his remark off and entered the Inn.

"Bye Shorty" He said, flashing a grin at me and disappearing into the distance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.8K 4.1K 33
Its about the day when we need someone to love, but we all have to go with our own way... Can it the thing called love make a way for us back togeth...
456K 16.4K 31
Forth has been doing the same thing for years, and, much like any sane person, he has become bored. He no longer wants to go on only one date. H...
28.9K 1.4K 14
When the one you've shared a life with for almost 5 years has been cheating on you and now all that's left is a broken heart how do you go on? Pictu...
15.2K 1.2K 47
If you are reading this story on any other platform other than Wattpad you are very likely to be at risk of malware attack. If you wish to read this...