The Alphas Daughter (WATTYS20...

By _erato

He would never love her. Want her. Or need her. Althea Williams definition of 'normal' is a lot different to... More

Chapter One*
Chapter Two*
Chapter Three*
Chapter Four*
Chapter Five*
Chapter Six*
Chapter Seven*
Chapter Eight*
Chapter Nine*
Chapter Ten*
Chapter Eleven*
Chapter Twelve*
Chapter Thirteen*
Chapter Fourteen*
Chapter Fifteen*
Chapter Sixteen*
Chapter Eighteen*
Chapter Nineteen*
Chapter Twenty*
Chapter Twenty One*
Chapter Twenty Two*
Chapter Twenty Three*
Chapter Twenty Four*
Epilogue*

Chapter Seventeen*

16.1K 397 31
By _erato

Althea Williams POV

I woke up the next morning with a small smile. Today was my second date with Dante and to say I was happy was a bit of an understatement. He's been so kind and caring towards me, it was hard not to admit that I was falling in love with him.

As I sat there pondering about my feelings for Dante, Meegan, Mom, Anna, Gabby and Ciana had explosively walked into my room and made sure to slam my door shut. I slowly sat myself up in bed and raised my eyebrow at them as Meegan and Mom wore creepy smiles.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my question directed towards Anna. She looked at her feet as she started to fidget nervously. "I wanted to help you get ready for your date with Dante," She whispered, raising her head to look me in the eyes. "And I also wanted to apologise for my recent behaviour. I was ignoring you because each time I look at you, I see the heartbroken look you gave me before you left. I can't bring myself to look at you without feeling guilt and loathing for myself."

I felt liquid pool in my eyes as I stared at my big sister.

"You're my little sister, Thee, and I let you down." Anna whispered as sobs shook through her body. A traitorous tear leaked down my face, followed by another and more.

"Anna, I forgive you." I whispered to her. She looked up from the ground, staring at me for the briefest second before launching into my awaiting arms. I held my older sister to me as she cried, her sobs so powerful that it was moving the both of us.

"I forgave you a long time ago, Annie."

~*~

My family had me ready in no time - and seeing as they had me pampered in an hour, they did an amazing job. With Mom's hair styling, Anna's makeup, Meegan painting and Gabby and Ciana's advice, I'd resembled a goddess. Ciana's words.

My hair was pin drop straight with a half up half down do, my makeup was flawless and accentuated my blue iris' and high cheekbones. The red colour of my lipstick matched the red painted on my nails and toes.

Now, it was up to me to decide what to wear.

Dante had told me the night before to dress simple, so I decided on my black denim skirt with a plain white shirt with a red and black flannel tied around my waist. I'd decided on wearing my trusty black combat boots.

After I'd gotten dressed, Mom insisted on getting photos of all us.

Ten minutes later, Dante was knocking on my bedroom door. With a large smile, I opened the door and was met with a beautiful sight. He was playing with his hand nervously as the other help a bouquet of white orchids.

His light blue eyes met mine and sightly widened as he stared at me. A blush decorated my cheeks at the intensity of his gaze as it travelled from my face, down. I found myself doing the same as I took in what he was wearing - black skinny jeans with a grey v-neck shirt and a pair of grey converses.

"You look beautiful." Dante whispered. "And you look handsome."

"These are for you." Dante said with as smile as he placed the flowers in front of me. I accepted them straight away and raised them to my nose to sniff them, and god did they smell nice.

"Have you got an over night bag?" Dante asked, raised eyebrow. I nodded my head at him and picked the bag up from beside me, slinging it over my shoulder.

Dante went to take it from me, but I narrowed my eyes at him in a dare. He simply smiled and placed his arm around my shoulder instead.

"Take good care of my daughter, Reed." Mom yelled after us as we said our goodbye. I rolled my eyes at her behaviour while Dante laughed.

"Always."

~*~

"So are you going to tell me where we're going?" I asked eagerly. Dante looked at me in the corner of his eye before focusing on the road ahead of us. We had left the pack house at least thirty minutes ago, and we were driving in what looked like 'country land.' There were miles along miles of dead grass besides the road, along with large tress that made up our home - the forest.

"Nope."

"Wow, how cliche," I muttered, earning myself a nudge in the shoulder. "Let me guess, you want it to be a surprise."

"How did you know?" Dante said with a sarcastic surprise gasp.

"It's one of the most used lines in the book." I replied with a wink. Dante raised his eyebrow, sending me another quick glance.

"The book on how to make girls cringe." I said with a laugh. Dante soon found himself joining in. starting with a chuckle and then turning into loud laughter. I found myself widening my eyes and a smile stretching across my lips at the sound.

After a few good minutes of silence, I found myself singing along to the radio.

"I don't mind spending every day, out on your corner in the poring rain. Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile. And she will be loved, and she will be loved." I sang softly.

"Is there anything you can't do?" Dante asked with a look full of wonder.

"Well, I can't dance or draw for shit." I joked, a small smile still plastered on my face.

We continued to drive for another good hour, making small talk and jokes. We were slowly getting to know each others likes, dislikes and loves.

The best thing about our relationship was that we weren't rushing into anything - we were taking our time as mates and almost lovers to understand and love each other. We were different from most mated pairs, who couldn't deny the attraction and indulged in the mating process without fully knowing their partners. I was happy we had a piece or normalcy in our relationship.

"Come on, we've got a bit of a walk." Dante said with an excited smile. We got out of the car and immediately joined hands, walking towards the forest. There was a small dirt trail ahead that most likely would lead us to where Dante was taking us.

Once we arrived at our destination five minutes later, I was awed into silence. We were situated in front of a beautiful meadow full of daisies, dandelions and buttercup flowers, full of so many different colours. The forest surrounded the meadow, which left us to a lot of privacy.

"It's absolutely beautiful." I breathed. Dante turned his head towards me, a knowing smile placed on his face.

"I know."

And somehow I felt like he wasn't just talking about the meadow.

~*~

We stayed at the meadow for a few hours, indulging in each other and sharing small but intimate kisses.

"I'm going to move the car and get our bags. In the meantime, I want you to go towards the creek and follow the fairy lights. It will lead you to somewhere else." Dante whispered as he pecked my forehead and then my lips. I smiled at him as I nodded my head.

Standing up, I dusted off the back of my skirt and made my way to the creek. It was just over one hundred metres away from where we were seated, and once I made it, I stared at the creek in awe.

The water was crystal blue and sparkling. The fairy lights that was strategically placed on the tress beside me, reflected against the water. It was truly a beautiful sight.

Deciding not to dwell and rather get to my next destination, I continued on the path that was lit up by fairy lights.

There was a large gap at the front of the woods, leading deeper into it with lights surrounding the path. I wonder were it leads I thought.

Five minutes later, I found myself in front of a medium sized cottage. The fairy lights that had led me here, was now placed in all the trees around us, going from one tree to another.

"So do you like it?" Came a voice beside me that sent pleasant shivers down my spine. "I love it." I breathed out.

"Did you do this?" I asked. Dante sheepishly nodded his head and scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"I had some help from a few members in my pack," He replied, staring at the ground. "Do you really like it?" I made my way over to him and stood in front of him, slipping my hand in his.

"Dante, it's beautiful. Thankyou for doing this for me." I whispered out. I raised my head and stood on my tippy toes, pressing my lips to his in a passionate kiss. We stood there for a few minutes, just kissing.

Slowly, we broke apart and smiled at each other.

"Come on, I bet you're hungry." I nodded my head furiously, which earned a laugh from my mate.

~*~

For the next few hours, we sat out the front of the cottage eating foods and talking. The fairy lights sparkled around us, contrasting against the now dark sky - they blended in perfectly with the stars.

"So, when did you meet Jake?" Dante asked.

"I met Jake around a month after I left home." I answered, a small and cautious smile on my lips. "And when did you start dating?"

"Around two months later, I believe." I recounted. His eyes softened as he recognised the look on my face - happiness and sadness.

"And you were happy with him?" I could feel his cautiousness for my answer, but he deserved the utter truth.

"He treated me like a princess." I replied, sending him a wink to lighten the mood. But my reply only seemed to damper his mood. His head hung low and I could feel his sadness.

"But you treat me like a queen, Dante." I whispered quietly, looking towards the grass. I could feel his shocked intense gaze on my face as he stared at me.

"There's no denying you're made for me Dante. We literally belong together, and that was something Jake and I would never have. I could fight with him and wonder late at night if he would forgive me. But if I fought with you, I'd know and believe that you would. Because I also know you love me as much as I love you."

I lifted my eyes and looked towards his face, watching as his blue orbs shined with happiness. I could feel his gratitude. "That's what's so special about mates. Once you meet yours, you'll always love, cherish, believe and forgive them. That was something that Jake and I could never have."

Dante stared at me for a few moments, absolutely speechless.

"How do you know that I love you?" Dante asked, a smile plastered across his face. "I don't, but I hope you do Dante. Because I love you."

Dante's mouth seemed to widen to an incredibly blinding smile, if that was even possible. He looked absolutely gorgeous with his overjoyed smile, bright blue eyes that shined from the twinkle lights, as well as happiness, his crooked nose and then his midnight coloured hair.

"I love you too, Thea. So much."

A smile mirroring his was plastered on my face as I tackled him into a hug, pressing my lips to his in a passionate kiss.

"Say it again." I giggled, my lips brushing his as I uttered the words. His eyes stared intensely into mine, so close that I could see the lighter colours of green near his iris.

"I love you." He muttered, pressing another kiss to my lips. I smiled against his lips as I felt his arms wrap around my waist and turning us over so he was on top.

We continued to kiss for minutes, before his mouth trailed hot kisses down to my collarbone. I felt his teeth elongate against my skin, before plunging in and marking me as his.

A;N/

Twitter: erato_

Snapchat: erato1389

Instagram: erato1389

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 48 33
Angel just moved to a new town in order to start her life over. She left behind everything that she owned and just ran. She needed a fresh start wher...
1.1M 30K 33
A secret hybrid. A charming Alpha. Mates. What could go wrong? ************************************** Brooklyn Jones is a hybrid. Her mother was the...
151K 8.9K 34
• Completed • • Highest Ranking • #6 Werewolf February 2022 • Awards • 1st Place Paranormal Category: Splendiferous Awards May 2021 • Summary • ...
384K 11K 28
Everly, the younger sister of an alpha that hated her guts, is a rebel and does everything opposite of what her tyrant of a brother tells her too. Ab...